Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles Part 2

[DE]Helen

Just now, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Is there any defense for DDoS attks?

You can set up a packet filter to weed out the malicious packets originating from the DDos botnet, but of course that's an oversimplified explanation of the current industry-standard solution.

• Like 1

These issues started up around 3-4 hours ago, there was even a thread (probably more than one actually) made in the forum over it, so what does DE do... they activate the planned boosters even though people were reporting they couldn't log in or there were 'delays' with server actions... you can't make this up, why activate the boosters when we're reporting there are problems with the servers. 

Now those of us who haven't managed to login aren't losing any of the replacement booster(s) but some have managed to get access and are now just wasting the booster AGAIN.  Would have thought a delay of 24 hours might have been considered...

Edited by LSG501

Just now, Plasmaface said:

Yeah, it's probably activision. Random nerds at home don't spend money to run DDoS attacks for nothing. 

Idk why would you blame activision in the first place. I'm not a fanboy of that company but what would be more probable is that Electronic Arts is behind this attack. They are losing money because you don't buy their overpriced games and 150 DLC packs to unlock login screen of the game in the first place. Also Ubisoft is a more probable option behind this. As you know Far Cry 5 just got released? The timing on this attack is perfect to push players from warframe to choose another game to play, why not the brand new Ubisoft game then why not?

Would be interested to know if this is happening to another game aswell currently?

39 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Hi everyone,

Hello there Helen, thanks for addressing our problem, however on the last DDOS we all faced, I had some problems and I submited a ticket and I still have no answer. I spent several hours on a void fissure mission and got not reward. Thanks in advance

37 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Hi everyone,

Rebecca posted on the forums last weekend about server troubles we experienced that were DDoS related. Some of you might also have noticed a brief connectivity issue today. Like the previous server troubles, today’s issue was DDoS related (at least we think), but for now, we are in the clear!

As you know, to make up for lost time, we are giving free Boosters to everyone whose Boosters were affected by the original DDoS connectivity issue.

The free Boosters are live now on all platforms! Login to receive your free 3-Day Boosters in an Inbox Message. The Boosters will match whatever type of Booster was active on your account during the DDoS issue.

Thank you for your patience as we resolved the issue last weekend. We hope you enjoy these free Boosters!

EDIT:

Oh man... trouble is brewing again. Stay tuned as we work to maintain connectivity!

@[DE]Helen I got a 3day Affinity and a 3day resource booster, but i didn't have either of them active during the previous DDoS. I know not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but maybe look into it if possible

10 minutes ago, LuckkyBullet said:

I dont think you understand what your saying. 

https://www.serverpronto.com/spu/2015/11/why-dedicated-servers-are-better-than-p2p/ 

try reading this.

No, you dont understand what I'M saying.

The games "sessions" are peer 2 peer. The original complaint was about "host migration" because if the host of the peer to peer session leaves. IE the guy whos basically hosting main session for the 4 player group leaves, the game switches to a new "host"

for the private server to actually work, the games entire netcode would have to be changed. OR THERE WOULD STILL BE HOST MIGRATIONS. because the sessions would still be the 4 players computers basically comminicating between themselves for that session. I.E. there would still be a host, there would still be host migrations, private servers would not work.

My first dam online game was Descent well over 10 years ago. It was peer to peer. I know what I'm talking about. 

Edited by [DE]Helen
language

2 minutes ago, K-Bean said:

Idk why would you blame activision in the first place. I'm not a fanboy of that company but what would be more probable is that Electronic Arts is behind this attack. They are losing money because you don't buy their overpriced games and 150 DLC packs to unlock login screen of the game in the first place. Also Ubisoft is a more probable option behind this. As you know Far Cry 5 just got released? The timing on this attack is perfect to push players from warframe to choose another game to play, why not the brand new Ubisoft game then why not?

Would be interested to know if this is happening to another game aswell currently?

I don't trust any of the 3 big publishers. They'd all be willing to stoop low enough to do this. 

4 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

These issues started up around 3-4 hours ago, there was even a thread (probably more than one actually) made in the forum over it, so what does DE do... they activate the planned boosters even though people were reporting they couldn't log in or there were 'delays' with server actions... you can't make this up, why activate the boosters when we're reporting there are problems with the servers. 

Now those of us who haven't managed to login aren't losing any of the replacement booster(s) but some have managed to get access and are now just wasting the booster AGAIN.  Would have thought a delay of 24 hours might have been considered...

Is it just me who thought the 3 day boosters were a prank from the DDOSER/hacker whatever, who sent them over to every Tenno, and then made them unable to log in? Lol