Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles Part 2

[DE]Helen

1 minute ago, Plasmaface said:

I don't trust any of the 3 big publishers. They'd all be willing to stoop low enough to do this. 

EA seems like wants to own all the games in the world. And rule the gaming markets in the whole world. If you don't have another company to compare to then how can you tell if a game they published is bad? Or overpriced if there's no price comparison. You'd be only comparing EA games to EA games between different distributers.

4 minutes ago, SpentCasings said:

No, you dont understand what I'M saying.

The games "sessions" are peer 2 peer. The original complaint was about "host migration" because if the host of the peer to peer session leaves. IE the guy whos basically hosting main session for the 4 player group leaves, the game switches to a new "host"

for the private server to actually work, the games entire netcode would have to be changed. OR THERE WOULD STILL BE HOST MIGRATIONS. because the sessions would still be the 4 players computers basically comminicating between themselves for that session. I.E. there would still be a host, there would still be host migrations, private servers would not work.

My first dam online game was Descent well over 10 years ago. It was peer to peer. I know what I'm talking about. 

This is a pretty good explanation of what DE's warframe infrastructure actually functions like. P2P for the sessions, Dedicated for the Save Data. Makes sense, but it's being Ddos'd which is why we can still even see others in our squad moving for example, but claim no rewards whatsoever for any mission hitGVJ06OK.jpg

Edited by [DE]Helen
quoted content
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DelBoyJamie said:

just got server responding, at end of a nice 100k+ SleepEquinox focus run, said "retrying in 3..2..1." a couple of times and then everything seemed ok, go into my ship I got the message about these boosters, which is great because I do have boosters on all 4, but they haven't added on top of what I already had i had 97 days affinity, 111 days credit, 27 days resource, and 3 days drop chance, these have not increased at all, and then I went to my Focus chair in the back and see the 100k focus I got isn't there I'm still at what I was left to get for the day before I went in, I guess these server issues haven't been sorted

OH NICE AND NOW I CAN'T EVEN LOGIN, ITS SAYING "LOGIN FAILED CHECK MY INFO" WTF, I JUSUT LOGGED OUT AND BACK IN MANUALLY HERE ON THE FORUMS SO NOTHING WRONG WITH MY ACCOUNT OR PW

here we go again great timing, back to Kingdom come Deliverence or FFXV I guess

same thing mate, with boosters i mean, and with the rewards, we were doing the axi survival, we got rhino prime blueprint and then it came: ''Network not responding'' we extracted but we lost all of our rewards RiP warframe

Dear DE,

We are sick to death of this.  You currently have the sixth highest player base of any game on Steam, and that doesn't include the number of players on console.  You have more players than GTA V.  You are not a small independent developer providing a free experience to gamers who should be grateful for what you give, you are a massive, MASSIVE enterprise making staggering amounts of money.

I have approximately 1,500 hours in this game, and even then I have paid significantly more per hour through Prime Acces, Platinum, and Tennogen than I have paid for any other "triple-A" game in my long gaming life.

You are not, despite your insistence, a beta.  You are not an early access title.  You are a service for which I, and many, many others have paid a large amount of money, and the simple fact is that you don't respect us.  You respect your investors, but not us.  You don't provide dedicated servers, which you can afford.  You don't provide test servers to avoid this stuff happening, which you could afford.  You don't provide substantial and meaningful content befitting the size of your player-base or your income.  You provide your investors with cost minimization and in doing so, you compromise your integrity.

I am not naive to the extent that I don't understand the obligation that you have to your investors.  I understand the pressure that you are under when it comes to reinvesting your income back into the game.  What you need to understand, is that not reinvesting back into Warframe and making it a more stable and enjoyable experience will cost you the respect of its player-base, and it will cost you the size of its player-base in time.

I have just wasted my time on another Tridolon run for which I'll receive no reward due to the state of stability in this game.  Rewarding me for 3 days of boosters means nothing.  To the player that can only play on the weekend, for example, extending a booster 3 days into the week is an insult.  Even if this is DDOS related, to which I am skeptical (I wouldn't be skeptical if you had proved that you can offer a stable experience in the past- you haven't), this isn't something for which you deserve our sympathy.  Part of the service that we expect to be provided as paying customers is protection against this sort of occurrence.

So get your act together.  Next board meeting with your investors, make the demands that you need to make to be granted the resources required to fix this mess of a service.  You've wasted enough of our time and enough of our money.  Earn back our respect.  Earn back your integrity.

Love and kisses,

Your disgruntled player-base

(not the fan-boys and fan-girls, obviously, but they're not going to tell you what you need to hear).

Edited by [DE]Helen
language

3 minutes ago, Ikedo said:

Is it just me who thought the 3 day boosters were a prank from the DDOSER/hacker whatever, who sent them over to every Tenno, and then made them unable to log in? Lol

Just you, most of us on the forum knew the boosters were coming on Thursday (ie today) due to a forum post.

4 minutes ago, Elemenopy said:

Dear DE,

We are sick to death of this.  You currently have the sixth highest player base of any game on Steam, and that doesn't include the number of players on console.  You have more players than GTA V.  You are not a small independent developer providing a free experience to gamers who should be grateful for what you give, you are a massive, MASSIVE enterprise making staggering amounts of money.

I have approximately 1,500 hours in this game, and even then I have paid significantly more per hour through Prime Acces, Platinum, and Tennogen than I have paid for any other "triple-A" game in my long gaming life.

You are not, despite your insistence, a beta.  You are not an early access title.  You are a service for which I, and many, many others have paid a large amount of money, and the simple fact is that you don't respect us.  You respect your investors, but not us.  You don't provide dedicated servers, which you can afford.  You don't provide test servers to avoid this stuff happening, which you could afford.  You don't provide substantial and meaningful and content befitting the size of your player-base or your income.  You provide your investors with cost minimization and in doing so, you compromise your integrity.

I am not naive to the extent that I don't understand the obligation that you have to your investors.  I understand the pressure that you are under when it comes to reinvesting your income back into the game.  What you need to understand, is that not reinvesting back into Warframe and making it a more stable and enjoyable experience will cost you the respect of its player-base, and it will cost you the size of its player-base in time.

I have just wasted my time on another Tridolon run for which I'll receive no reward due to the state of stability in this game.  Rewarding me for 3 days of boosters means nothing.  To the player that can only play on the weekend, for example, extending a booster 3 days into the week is an insult.  Even if this is DDOS related, to which I am skeptical (I wouldn't be skeptical if you had proved that you can offer a stable experience in the past- you haven't), this isn't something for which you deserve our sympathy.  Part of the service that we expect to provide as paying customers is protection against this sort of occurrence.

So get your act together.  Next board meeting with your investors, make the demands that you need to make to be granted the resources required to fix this mess of a service.  You've wasted enough of our time and enough of our money.  Earn back our respect.  Earn back your integrity.

Love and kisses,

Your disgruntled player-base

(not the fan-boys and fan-girls, obviously, but they're not going to tell you what you need to hear).

I... uhh... Nope, not gonna say anything. This is just... nope.

• Like 4

vor 3 Minuten schrieb LuckkyBullet:

I dont think you understand what your saying. 

https://www.serverpronto.com/spu/2015/11/why-dedicated-servers-are-better-than-p2p/ 

try reading this.

"Your typical home Internet setup just doesn’t have upload speeds that are high enough to cope with any more than a few players."

"Obviously, the cost associated not just with running these servers, but also maintaining and housing them, is substantial."

If I understand this correctly, it means that peer to peer is the perfect choice for Warframe because it has only a few players in a single mission (up to 8 previously, now down to 4) and DE probably doesn't want to spend the money on dedicated gameplay servers for us 26 million registered losers. They already have servers for things like account data.

Just now, LSG501 said:

Just you, most of us on the forum knew the boosters were coming on Thursday (ie today) due to a forum post.

Ok I was doing a quest so didn't see my inbox yet. Not funny when everybody was waiting for this, and then server crashed again.. :(

Pointless conjecture is pointless. Any number of individuals or groups could have motive to use a botnet to attack the Warframe servers with a DDoS attack.

The Noclip documentary was bringing a LOT of traffic on youtube among both Warframe players and potentially people who never heard of Warframe but loved Unreal Tournament, Dark Sector, UT 2k3/2k4, etc. too.

Maybe all this positive attention around Warframe and DE has motivated trolls, corporate shills, or angry fanboys of other franchises to do this, perhaps even game publishers like Ubisoft, EA, or Activision could be involved for all we know, after all Destiny 2 has had an abysmal player retention rate on PC due to Warframe's popularity.

Ultimately, all we can do is be patient and trust in DE to take care of the problems as they happen while working on more permanent solutions, and trust them to do right by those of us who love and play their game.

We're talking about DE, here, a company that took Zoren Coptering and managed to build legit game mechanics off of the reasons WHY coptering was popular. They listen to us and care about what we care about. This game is their baby, their lovechild, their blood, sweat, and tears of over 5 years now. They'll do right by us, and I have every confidence that they'll continue to do so.

To everyone at DE, I'm so sorry that whatever elements out there doing this are being so problematic. I do hope these issues don't persist all weekend, for your sake more than ours. Players can find just about anything to do on a weekend if they have to, but your staff that normally have weekends off shouldn't be forced to come in to work and pull more hours than is healthy because some salted pork rind in a basement decided he was gonna try and hurt you financially and hit us dedicated players to boot.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, FeralKuja said:

Pointless conjecture is pointless. Any number of individuals or groups could have motive to use a botnet to attack the Warframe servers with a DDoS attack.

The Noclip documentary was bringing a LOT of traffic on youtube among both Warframe players and potentially people who never heard of Warframe but loved Unreal Tournament, Dark Sector, UT 2k3/2k4, etc. too.

Maybe all this positive attention around Warframe and DE has motivated trolls, corporate shills, or angry fanboys of other franchises to do this, perhaps even game publishers like Ubisoft, EA, or Activision could be involved for all we know, after all Destiny 2 has had an abysmal player retention rate on PC due to Warframe's popularity.

Ultimately, all we can do is be patient and trust in DE to take care of the problems as they happen while working on more permanent solutions, and trust them to do right by those of us who love and play their game.

We're talking about DE, here, a company that took Zoren Coptering and managed to build legit game mechanics off of the reasons WHY coptering was popular. They listen to us and care about what we care about. This game is their baby, their lovechild, their blood, sweat, and tears of over 5 years now. They'll do right by us, and I have every confidence that they'll continue to do so.

To everyone at DE, I'm so sorry that whatever elements out there doing this are being so problematic. I do hope these issues don't persist all weekend, for your sake more than ours. Players can find just about anything to do on a weekend if they have to, but your staff that normally have weekends off shouldn't be forced to come in to work and pull more hours than is healthy because some salted pork rind in a basement decided he was gonna try and hurt you financially and hit us dedicated players to boot.

Preach it.

1 minute ago, FeralKuja said:

You nailed it.

Everyone in this thread is frustrated. But DE isn't sitting in their office, counting their money, and ignoring this issue. I would bet that they are all hands on deck trying to figure out the problem.

Practice a little empathy for them, here. This situation sucks for them as much as it sucks for us - and they are working as hard as they can to resolve it.

1 hour ago, [DE]Helen said:

As you know, to make up for lost time, we are giving free Boosters to everyone whose Boosters were affected by the original DDoS connectivity issue.

The free Boosters are live now on all platforms! Login to receive your free 3-Day Boosters in an Inbox Message. The Boosters will match whatever type of Booster was active on your account during the DDoS issue.

hmm, I've been told some people without boosters had also received boosters. Not complaining, just wanted to mention.