Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles Part 2

[DE]Helen

18 minutes ago, FeralKuja said:

Pointless conjecture is pointless. Any number of individuals or groups could have motive to use a botnet to attack the Warframe servers with a DDoS attack.

The Noclip documentary was bringing a LOT of traffic on youtube among both Warframe players and potentially people who never heard of Warframe but loved Unreal Tournament, Dark Sector, UT 2k3/2k4, etc. too.

Maybe all this positive attention around Warframe and DE has motivated trolls, corporate shills, or angry fanboys of other franchises to do this, perhaps even game publishers like Ubisoft, EA, or Activision could be involved for all we know, after all Destiny 2 has had an abysmal player retention rate on PC due to Warframe's popularity.

Ultimately, all we can do is be patient and trust in DE to take care of the problems as they happen while working on more permanent solutions, and trust them to do right by those of us who love and play their game.

We're talking about DE, here, a company that took Zoren Coptering and managed to build legit game mechanics off of the reasons WHY coptering was popular. They listen to us and care about what we care about. This game is their baby, their lovechild, their blood, sweat, and tears of over 5 years now. They'll do right by us, and I have every confidence that they'll continue to do so.

To everyone at DE, I'm so sorry that whatever elements out there doing this are being so problematic. I do hope these issues don't persist all weekend, for your sake more than ours. Players can find just about anything to do on a weekend if they have to, but your staff that normally have weekends off shouldn't be forced to come in to work and pull more hours than is healthy because some salted pork rind in a basement decided he was gonna try and hurt you financially and hit us dedicated players to boot.

Well said!

In addition, as a person who works in an IT atmosphere, I can tell you that it's never a cut and dry "OMG LOOK WE FOUND IT" issue. There's digging, testing, more digging, more testing, etc to make sure that the problem is hopefully fixed before it is sent back out to the user. This means silence for awhile until something concrete can be given. There's plenty that goes on behind the scenes when these things happen. 

Remember, DE is a group of people. People can only do so much at once. Give them time, patience, and respect - while you're missing out on game time, they're missing out on family time to make sure you can play a game. I think that counts for quite a bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CupcakesMoo said:

It's more than just warframe that's getting DDOS. 

Who got hit with ddos?

Prime Time will start in about 30min. I think whoever is doing this is just waiting for the stream to hit with a new ddos attack.

United States, the people that do a DDoS attacks run the risk of being charged with legal offenses at the federal level, Don't know the laws in canada. But if they are coming from the US. It is a federal crime. This has already costed me close to 100 us buck, I'm not blaming DE. Just saying, Time to find out where is is coming from. 

3 minutes ago, Plasmaface said:

Who else? I wanna know

Youtube has been unwatchable for most of the day. The terraria forums was unresponsive. And several random websites brought up "scanning your connection" or whatever, usually there in case of ddos. 

Logged in today and found the items lost in my inventory again. Was also able to claim my booster from the inbox without a hitch.

Life on earth is good.

Hope everyone else got their things back as well.

2nd factor authentication is not working properly, I activated it 2 days ago and now can't login because I don't get any code on my e-mail. Really annoying. I sent a ticket to remove it and I hope it does get removed because I can't plat like this...

Edited by Bl4zko

It's not like i want to be a pain the in ass, but just like other people I didn't receive any booster even though i have one still active now with little hours left. I'm writing this because all my friends recieved it yesterday right away(utc +2) and I'm quite sure that mine will never arrive.
Cheers.