Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles Part 2

[DE]Helen

Just now, General_Democles said:

I doubt it's a DDOS attack lol.. i mean this problem starts soon as Baro emerge, so im more convinced its trafffic overloading and DE server couldn't handle the traffic. I bet a lot of spiders crawl out of their coffin to farm some endless kuva or say hi to Baro. looks like its about time DE upgrades their server lel

I doubt that all the 38millions accounts togheter just logged in today for endless kuva or whatever...you know how many packets you need to kill a server?

10 minutes ago, MunsuLight said:

Isn't a DDOS someone sending a lot of packets of informations to overload the servers ? 

So new one , biggers one should help against this ? or I'm wrong ?

You are not simply wrong , you are dead wrong .
Basic knowledge of computers , networks and such could prevent that wrongness.
Regardless of server size, a given network has a capacity - also the server has a limit of new requests that it can process ,even if the network

could potentially feed endless stream of requests .
Once you reach the cap(either of the two) , the server(s)  stop processing new requests .

DDoS creates the effect of servers being offline due to them being unreachable.

In fact , the servers are up and running , but there is no more queue for us to connect to them .

All resources have been depleted by the DDoS-er .
Also , as with everything in life - it is all in the name - DDoS - Distributed Denial of Service .
Effectively we are being denied from getting connected .

Edited by Volf3r

Just now, Rum_Bakats said:

I doubt that all the 38millions accounts togheter just logged in today for endless kuva or whatever...you know how many packets you need to kill a server?

I didn't see this many issues when the servers got flooded when i first started. Right about the frost/soma prime give away and all those streamers where advertising the POE update. Server was crammed but Few if any issues.