Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a proper flashlight

grigorije

I'm happy as long as its not the old gun mounted one.

The current one is simply based on your view which in some ways is more useful when looking around as a 3rd person camera. Also... this is not a horror game so the need for the flashlight to be immersive is less important then its function.

2 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

I'm happy as long as its not the old gun mounted one.

The current one is simply based on your view which in some ways is more useful when looking around as a 3rd person camera. Also... this is not a horror game so the need for the flashlight to be immersive is less important then its function.

I never said it should be like a horror game one. It *is* like a horror game one - weak and limited to a small radius.

Edited by grigorije

27 minutes ago, grigorije said:

I never said it should be like a horror game one. It *is* like a horror game one - weak and limited to a small radius.

Well when you are a space ninja trying to sneak around you don't exactly want a spotlight strapped to you.

Just now, grigorije said:

That is barely an issue.

Seriously though. I notice most people never calibrate their monitors or it's just not a good one that can do blacks very well so there is a lack on contrast leading to everything being blacked out instead of shades of gray.

I'd like to see some small drone that hovers over our shoulder and projecting a light infront of us and having a manual option to switch it on and off.

Though alternate vision modes for the Warframes ala the Predator would be nice too.
Those are techno-organic war machines. Certainly there is some place in their Neuroptics to add sensors which can pick up more than human limited audio-visual informations.

7 hours ago, Corvid said:

Well, the comics show the light emitting from the shoulder of the frame, so maybe we could have it reworked slightly.

Hell, I'd be down for a Dead Space-style diegetic hud, if they gave us the option for it.

Gonna google "Dead Space-style diegetic hud" now. :3

Thanks to high contrast, many of the latest graphical updates to the game have actually made areas of the "bright" tilesets darker than the "dark" ones. Yet we only get the flashlight in those dark tilesets. Like how Earth during the day has super brightly lit areas and super dark shadowed areas, while the night time version is more uniformly dim. So I find myself wishing for a flashlight during the day, and barely noticing it at night.

Because of this, I would be satisfied with simply having a toggle button for the flashlight. But if possible, an update to the flashlight graphics would be nice too. Like adding actual light scattering to it, so instead of simply projecting a bright circle in a sea of darkness, it would actually light up the whole area around you too, the way real flashlights do. Though, that is still fairly advanced rendering technology, so who knows if Warframe's engine could even do that.

1 minute ago, Teljaxx said:

Thanks to high contrast, many of the latest graphical updates to the game have actually made areas of the "bright" tilesets darker than the "dark" ones. Yet we only get the flashlight in those dark tilesets. Like how Earth during the day has super brightly lit areas and super dark shadowed areas, while the night time version is more uniformly dim. So I find myself wishing for a flashlight during the day, and barely noticing it at night.

Because of this, I would be satisfied with simply having a toggle button for the flashlight. But if possible, an update to the flashlight graphics would be nice too. Like adding actual light scattering to it, so instead of simply projecting a bright circle in a sea of darkness, it would actually light up the whole area around you too, the way real flashlights do. Though, that is still fairly advanced rendering technology, so who knows if Warframe's engine could even do that.

My thoughts exactly, and it really should be able to do that. If not, wee need a new engine.