Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SURVIVAL NEEDS ATTENTION

iSkylines

Hello DE,

The ongoing issue with your most played mission “survival” is simply not playable long term due to spawn issues and RNG. Ive also like to mention a bug where enemies will just stop spawning all around forcing you to leave. A simple fix to spawning system and RNG would fix this game mode and allow more players to do long endurance runs since “end game content” is most achievable there. Playing Solo survival has become really irritating due to less number of enemies you deal with solo compared to a squad. People have been complaining about this sort of issue for quite some time now and we ask you guys please do something about this. Long endurance runs are still possible if RNG blesses you with many drops. Please revive survival!!!

(P.S. Not everyone wants to have to play as  a Nekros, Hydroid, Ivara, or Atlas just to keep up Life Support when the main focus of the game mode should be focusing on surviving a hoarde of enemies trying to kill you).

Summit talks about the difficulty of the spawn rate system at 8:45 

These are high tier players and even they mention and complain about this issue. Please fix this problem ASAP! 

Thanks, 

iSkylines

2 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

There should just be an option in the settings to turn up spawns to 4-person squad levels even when running with fewer people than that.

I agree giving better oppurtunity for solo players, but solo or squad this game mode needs a fix

1 minute ago, St0rmstrike said:

Well i have to admit that i agree with you, with my friends we often try to do long runs, but even when we still one shot everything i always have to run to activate towers because we don't drop enough survival packs. 

Yeah same here thats whats irritating the most. You can clear a giant mob of enemies and get one drop, yet in the beginning of survival they drop almost every 3 enemies killed. Even with the same amount of KPS drops just become more and more rare. 

Il y a 2 heures, peterc3 a dit :

Then they would just get rid of it seeing as it would just be horde mode with no fail state.

In fact there is a fail state, some players can't go longer in survival missions, not because of the life support but because of the "horde" killing them. players not prepared can't go higher than lvl 200+ because they don't do enough dmg or they can't protect themselves. You also can be able to cc and survive to the horde but still not killing as fast as you should to keep your life support pisitiv. I hope you get my point even if my english isn't perfect. 

5 hours ago, St0rmstrike said:

In fact there is a fail state, some players can't go longer in survival missions, not because of the life support but because of the "horde" killing them. players not prepared can't go higher than lvl 200+ because they don't do enough dmg or they can't protect themselves. You also can be able to cc and survive to the horde but still not killing as fast as you should to keep your life support pisitiv. I hope you get my point even if my english isn't perfect. 

NO just NO the channlage of survival is surviving not stealth cheese for 5 min rewards.

Il y a 7 heures, fluffysnowcap a dit :

NO just NO the channlage of survival is surviving not stealth cheese for 5 min rewards.

Can you read correctly my message ? or did i made a huge english misstake ? 

I never said survival missions was a hide ans seek mission, that's the point. You maybe have a composition allowing you to cc the horde all the time, but still not doing enough dmg to kill them, so, even if they have the control they can't go further because they can't drop life supports, because they only cc but not killing. And It's a good thing, it's another fail state of the survival missions, you maybe can survive but if you can't kill you should lose, you shouldn't be losing when you KILL and SURVIVE just because RNGesus isn't friendly with you and doesn't want the mobs to drop you your life support pack. 

I hope you understood me now. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Tougher enemies should drop life support that charges more than the weaker enemies, making the time invested in them worth it.
  • Picking up life support at 0% should cancel the sudden death and allow mission to continue.
  • There could be emergency consoles/tanks by default on tilesets that provide some extra for emergency situations when broken/hacked.
  • Add consumables that can be deployed to create a bubble for a short time even at 0% - allowing you to not die and kill extra enemies to get more life support or reach the next drop pod.
  • It should not be a automatic fail at 0% - rather when everyone is dead (killed or life runs out, reviving at 0% would revive you with 100hp and no shields).

7 hours ago, Ketec said:
  • Tougher enemies should drop life support that charges more than the weaker enemies, making the time invested in them worth it.
  • Picking up life support at 0% should cancel the sudden death and allow mission to continue.
  • There could be emergency consoles/tanks by default on tilesets that provide some extra for emergency situations when broken/hacked.
  • Add consumables that can be deployed to create a bubble for a short time even at 0% - allowing you to not die and kill extra enemies to get more life support or reach the next drop pod.
  • It should not be a automatic fail at 0% - rather when everyone is dead (killed or life runs out, reviving at 0% would revive you with 100hp and no shields).

Actually...

2nd point would be broken....

Imagine how it'll work on alert/quest survivals

Yeah I noticed this the other day, I decided to attempt one of this and after almost 2 h enemies stopped spawning so I had to leave, I would have left anyway since I wasnt expecting to last that long so my weapons were not ready to encounter 300+ enemies so I wasnt too upset about that but still could be annoying if I was in for some sort of challenge. 

On 1.4.2018 at 1:27 PM, KirukaChan said:

There should just be an option in the settings to turn up spawns to 4-person squad levels even when running with fewer people than that.

amen to that, mate!

that's what's needed in every coop game - and also would help making the game a little bit more difficult...

alas, the reason why DE won't likely do such is for them to want us spend more time in the game. and since such a slider would also help the farming of resources, and therefore lessen the amount of time (especially new) players will play, it would go against their agenda.

On 4/18/2018 at 12:52 PM, KotkowskiSTEAM said:

Actually...

2nd point would be broken....

Imagine how it'll work on alert/quest survivals

I mean alerts and quests occasionally have their own modifiers. Sorties/events can be modified to have the current mechanic however normal mission nodes; specifically the ones with wonky spawns should be less micromanaging/RNG and more a test of skill. Now i haven't had the chance to play sanctuary so i can not yet say if it could be effected by changing survival however either enemy spawns need a change or life support needs to be buffed in some form. 

On 19/04/2018 at 10:40 PM, (XB1)Sheady said:

I mean alerts and quests occasionally have their own modifiers. Sorties/events can be modified to have the current mechanic however normal mission nodes; specifically the ones with wonky spawns should be less micromanaging/RNG and more a test of skill. Now i haven't had the chance to play sanctuary so i can not yet say if it could be effected by changing survival however either enemy spawns need a change or life support needs to be buffed in some form. 

Many if we got spawns more like onslaught it would be a little better