Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The relic system is not working

DeadScrin

Do you expect us to get in a team of 3 other trustees and grind a mission 200 hours for relics, then spend 80 hours per stack of relics to get void traces to refine it, then run it through for everything from it?(all with friends because it increases chances of getting rares) I know you're going to tell me this is warframe but come on, I just want Vectis prime stock.

Edited by DeadScrin

The relic system works fine. If you think farming prime parts is a pain, I truely feel bad for when you want to get other items like Sibear, Hema, or Vauban Prime. Enjoy!

Edited by --Q--Voltage

Relic system is infinitely superior to the old key system. You're complaining about playing with trustee's ? Back in the day you had to organnize "keyshares" with strangers and no guarantee that everyone would put their key when their turn came around.

I remember farming weeks for a single piece. With relic system even stuff like the akbolto receivers don't take me more than 6 runs or so. It's far more enjoyable and relaxed than the old system, but for whatever reason some masochists still long for that torture.

Old system also implied farming an eternity for the right keys, so no idea what you're getting at. Just venting your frustration on a very particular prime piece that refuses to drop, perhaps.

There are a couple of things that are wrong or confusing in your post. 

1. You DO NOT need to join anyone for relics. Joining others doesn't increase the odds of getting any particular drop. You don't increase the odds you, you compress then total amount of time by basically rolling 4 times at once (3 free relics in terms of yourself, and possible saving of traces if needed). However 4 runs of solo cracking is the same overall odds.
  2. Traces DO NOT need relics to be gathered. Relics only enable their respective rewards, they do not have anything to do with collecting traces. The most efficient trace runs are on Lith Exterminate where you have simple enemies, lower total kill counts, and highest reactant drop rates. If you catch it early, you can easily get 300 traces in an hour (bonus to boosters and maybe a smeeta kavat).
  3. Hasn't Vectis Prime been vaulted for almost a year now? How can you farm up relics for it? This would be the biggest obstacle for your goal.

The biggest problem with relics is that non-relevant primes farming become more time consuming (if you're unlucky) to get groups for (because the pool of people looking for them is smaller), which will making it take longer because you can't "leech" benefit from other's relics.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

No it' not.

Objectively, Relics are way better than Keys for any drops that "would have" been placed in non-endless mission types because at base the drop percentages were the same between them (even in endless). Subjectively, Relics are healthier because they don't pressure you to sit in a mission for 3+hrs when you don't get what you are looking for.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

No it' not.

Ability to give yourself a 10% chance to get a rare, have 4 chances to get the rare per mission reward, vs a flat 2.5% or less chance at the rare, and only have once chance at the rare per mission reward. Refinement can be ground for passively as you aren't required to use a relic to get traces, and fissures can often appear on tiles where you can grind for resources or basic affinity/focus. Took me 70 runs to get a Ember Prime BP back in the day, even more so for several other rare parts. I have never had an issue with the new system outside of just getting relics themselves, and thats only because I am lazy. Lastly, as stated above, any junk primes are easily traded for to let you simply buy the one you are after, or they can be converted to ducats for buying prime mods or cosmetics that you choose to get any time they are offered.

Just now, GinKenshin said:

Still better than the void key system...

People keep saying this, but there's only 1 part of the relic system which is better universally and that is the fact that you won't get relics as a reward for using relics. The drop rates with relics by default (using no traces) are worse than they were with keys (I stopped playing originally a bit before u18 so things may have gotten worse in the year between me quitting and relics being implemented). Key drop rates also used to vary depending on what you were doing: I found some links from back before they encrypted data which had all the drop rates, worse prime drop rate was ~5.6% and there were a lot of different drop percentages across game modes (some being equal chance for all parts dropping etc). 

The biggest advantage to the key system was that only 1 key was required per group per mission. If anyone wants to claim the relic system is better than keys for that they're simply lying because a group of 4 could do 40m survival/8 round defense on 1 key. Now that would take 8 keys per person who wants loot from the mission since without your own key you can't get the item reward. It is also more annoying to drag friends along for free loot when they're much lower mr and haven't put the time in yet which ends up being just another wall between people trying to play together. 

I don't want to go back to the key system, because quite frankly it was bad too, but the relic system isn't the improvement most seem to think it is. There is a lot that could be done to make it better, but right now it is just a giant time sink of uninteresting and not difficult missions/rng before you ever end up in a mission going after what you want. 

This is why i use a "Resource Booster"  all the time. Also a Smeeta Kava while farming Void Traces.

1300 Void Traces is two 1hr Fissure Survivals. Or one 2hr Fissure.

When you have 200% Resource booster... you have a lot of Void traces. If your Smeeta procs during that time, you can get over 120 on the relic crack

Edit: OP this is why you need to find a small active clan. Shadow clans typically fit this bill. It is not hard to find a group to play with.

Edited by Krhymez

i get more rare parts for new items i want by accident than i did actually going after them in the old void system. It took an entire prime access to get a rare part at times, now i can run random fissures and get at least half the parts of current PA without even trying. If i target a set, i usually get it in a week at worst. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

3 hours ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

No it' not.

Yeah, it is.

The drop chances are better, but you have three potential whatsits to farm now instead of just the keys. 

The main advantage of the old key system was the ability to stockpile keys. Your key grinds were spread out over time, but once you have substantial stocks, you were golden (almost literally, since you'd be doing nothing but void missions until you got what you were after). 

Relics break all this up and everyone starts at the same place with each new PA. It's much to your advantage to group up (it wasn't with keys) and you always have the chance of picking up something necessary from a teammate, even if you have no appropriate relic yourself (or even traces). If you do manage to get a radshare put together, your chances of a drop are much higher than the old void keys, which were fixed drop rates. 

So, yeah, better. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

No it' not.

The longer I play, the more I believe this.  I’m in a clan and recruiting for specific, enhanced relic runs is something I don’t even do anymore beyond PA week 1, if at all.

It’s a toxic process because YOU AREN’T PLAYING.  People want to compare drop %, but don’t factor in the time spent literally outside the game in a glorified chat room.

I enhance them and PUG them.  I see the same more and more from other players.  For a very small segment of players it’s better.

But it seems like more and more have just given up on Relic recruiting altogether.  

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Here's a bit of how the loot used to work in Void Key missions.  Basically items were pooled Common/Uncommon/Rare as they are now, but at least as of around 15.8 ish none of the primes were rare (2% drop rate).  The drops were split between the three rarities with the majority only having common/uncommon drops.  When it was just the two ~77% of the drops were common and ~23% were uncommon.  It was a bad system with regards to expansion of items, but at that time it worked better than the relic system does for the majority of rare items (until you get into refinement).

Below are a chunk of drops taken from ~15.8 and as you can see there were keys interspersed along with forma and fusion cores (what endo replaced).  There are a lot of problems with this system and I tried to take a chunk which displayed the variety of circumstance from that time.  However you'll also notice that the drop rates are much different, and the worst ones are better than the current worst. If I recall the drops were weighted as to whether your drop was going to be common/uncommon/rare and after that equal chances for everything at that quality tier.

Reiterating my prior point: The relic system is not the universally wonderful change from the days of keys, but the keys were terrible in a different way.  I'm surprised how long the relic system has been around and people seem to just accept all of its awful sides. Some suggestions below the drop info.

Spoiler

Derelict Defense Rewards - Tier 2
Ember Prime Blueprint     
Uncommon 5.64%
Sicarus Prime Blueprint    
Uncommon 5.64%
Boltor Prime Receiver    
Uncommon 5.64%
Tower II Mobile Defense    
Common 15.48%
Tower II Capture    
Common 15.48%
Tower II Exterminate    
Common 15.48%
Forma Blueprint        
Uncommon 5.64%
Tower II Defense    
Common 15.48%
Tower II Survival    
Common 15.48%

Derelict Survival Rewards - Tier 2
Burston Prime Barrel        
Common 19.36%
Tower II Capture        
Common 19.36%
Tower II Mobile Defense        
Common 19.36%
Tower II Exterminate        
Common 19.36%
Nova Prime Systems Blueprint    
Uncommon 11.28%
Forma Blueprint            
Uncommon 11.28%

Void Capture Rewards A
Hikou Prime Pouch    
Uncommon 5.64%
Paris Prime Grip    
Uncommon 5.64%
Forma Blueprint        
Uncommon 5.64%
Tower I Defense        
Common 25.81%
Boar Prime Receiver    
Common 25.81%
Lex Prime Receiver    
Uncommon 5.64%
Tower II Capture    
Common 25.81%

Void Capture Rewards B
Orthos Prime Handle        
Uncommon 14.29%
Paris Prime String        
Uncommon 14.29%
Forma Blueprint            
Uncommon 14.29%
Orthos Prime Blade        
Uncommon 14.29%
Ember Prime Chassis Blueprint    
Uncommon 14.29%
Latron Prime Stock        
Uncommon 14.29%
Loki Prime Blueprint        
Uncommon 14.29%

Void Capture Rewards C
Bronco Prime Barrel    
Uncommon 5.64%
Forma Blueprint        
Common 25.81%
Bronco Prime Receiver    
Uncommon 5.64%
Frost Prime Blueprint    
Uncommon 5.64%
Akbronco Prime Link    
Uncommon 5.64%
Burston Prime Barrel    
Common 25.81%
Lex Prime Barrel    
Common 25.81%

Void Capture Rewards D

Nyx Prime Systems Blueprint    
Common 19.36%
Forma Blueprint            
Common 19.36%
Bronco Prime Receiver        
Common 19.36%
Frost Prime Blueprint        
Uncommon 11.28%
Akbronco Prime Link        
Common 19.36%
Fusion Core (5)            
Uncommon 11.28%

Void Defense Rewards A - Tier 2
Vasto Prime Receiver        
Uncommon 11.28%
Ankyros Prime Blueprint        
Common 25.81%
Forma Blueprint            
Uncommon 11.28%
Hikou Prime Stars        
Common 25.81%
Rhino Prime Systems Blueprint    
Common 25.81%

Void Defense Rewards B - Tier 2
Fang Prime Handle    
Uncommon 20%
Braton Prime Stock    
Uncommon 20%
Glaive Prime Disc    
Uncommon 20%
Paris Prime Upper Limb    
Uncommon 20%
Fang Prime Blueprint    
Uncommon 20%

Void Defense Rewards C - Tier 2
Braton Prime Barrel    
Uncommon 7.52%
Braton Prime Receiver    
Uncommon 7.52%
Forma Blueprint        
Common 25.81%
Mag Prime Blueprint    
Common 25.81%
Ankyros Prime Blade    
Uncommon 7.52%
Braton Prime Stock    
Common 25.81%

Void Defense Rewards D - Tier 2
Loki Prime Systems Blueprint    
Uncommon 5.64%
Nyx Prime Blueprint        
Uncommon 5.64%
Ember Prime Blueprint        
Uncommon 5.64%
Ankyros Prime Gauntlet        
Common 19.36%
Boltor Prime Receiver        
Common 19.36%
Burston Prime Receiver        
Common 19.36%
Forma Blueprint            
Common 19.36%
Fusion Core (5)            
Uncommon 5.64%

Just some possible improvements which have crossed my mind in the weeks I've been back playing:

• A chance to get your relic back if it is refined (percentage scaling up to 100% on radiant) but the relic you receive being intact
  • Remove mod drops from regular endless missions and put them elsewhere
  • Have certain types drop from certain planets rather than mission types being universal across the system (allowing for more targeted relic farming)
Edited by plznohurtme