Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator food (hunting, fishing,cooking food buffs)

(PSN)aiptekfanboy

Fan Concept.

OPTIONAL stuff to do when bored with no requirements.

At Cestus Konzu tells you about a Kin only quest that only the best Tennos can do.

Long ago  the Orokin had the tales of the Uffalo.

This fabled beast roamed the plains and ate the grass the Orokin infused with a special gift that made meat from these beasts gave the Orokin special enhancements.

Today in the plains both on Earth and in Venus the Orokin special gift can be found in many living creatures that feed in the plains.

You must hunt these creatures and after cooking them discover what effects you can obtain from eating several mixes of these creatures and vegetable items.

(and in many old nodes on all planets discover food preparation formulas for interesting effects and not just more health ,armor or speed, damage or faster shooting but theres rumors of a special food mix that creates nanites that change your companion into huge spider tank)

But eeh just ancient rumors eh tenno or maybe not since some say the Orokin had a fear of spiders.

Some say even cooking the fish and eating it will provide combat enhancements for speed ,health or damage.

Other dishes may help you FOCUS on your ablities to see them develop faster.

A well fed operator Tenno is a better Tenno.

Get to hunting! Sawzdulah!

And remember if you do get some Uffalo then bring me some ribs as we have a special sauce to cook those ribs with.

Edited by (PS4)aiptekfanboy
Someone complained about grind? but no grind as this is optional just for fun

1 minute ago, ARES9519 said:

right, cause warframe isnt grindy enough

Grinding is only an issue when it's linked to a requirement. The suggestion here is optional just like fishing. It'll be a fun thing to do for some people while they take a vacation from rerunning missions back to back.

How long does it take to spear a fish? or kill a rabbit thing?

There is no grind there is only playtime.

I.e. I play any mission get my prime parts and sell for 2p to 30p each.

Then I just do the WTB and boom a wild Lootcifer apears with a dojo invite to trade.

I really do not understand folks that do the same mission over and over not for fun but to get a drop? boreing.

Just playing is fun.

I want to be able to give my operator food buffs like more health, faster run speed, focus boost from food, more damage, etc.

2 minutes ago, Nah_NotReally said:

Grinding is only an issue when it's linked to a requirement. The suggestion here is optional just like fishing. It'll be a fun thing to do for some people while they take a vacation from rerunning missions back to back.

Yes, yes, YES!

You get it!

Optional stuff for fun is fun!!

17 hours ago, ARES9519 said:

Good luck with convincing DE to add in a non grindy mechanic like hunting. They will find a way.

Finding new octavia music is non grindy as its just play and enjoy.

Finding new cephalon fragments is non grindy as its just scan when I find them.

Killing beasts on plains or fishing is non grindy as I just fish for ten minutes then I go do something else.

I never grind I just play as long as its fun as I hate haveing to do repeat missions over and over for a specific drop.

20 hours ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

Fan Concept.

OPTIONAL stuff to do when bored with no requirements.

At Cestus Konzu tells you about a Kin only quest that only the best Tennos can do.

Long ago  the Orokin had the tales of the Uffalo.

This fabled beast roamed the plains and ate the grass the Orokin infused with a special gift that made meat from these beasts gave the Orokin special enhancements.

Today in the plains both on Earth and in Venus the Orokin special gift can be found in many living creatures that feed in the plains.

You must hunt these creatures and after cooking them discover what effects you can obtain from eating several mixes of these creatures and vegetable items.

(and in many old nodes on all planets discover food preparation formulas for interesting effects and not just more health ,armor or speed, damage or faster shooting but theres rumors of a special food mix that creates nanites that change your companion into huge spider tank)

But eeh just ancient rumors eh tenno or maybe not since some say the Orokin had a fear of spiders.

Some say even cooking the fish and eating it will provide combat enhancements for speed ,health or damage.

Other dishes may help you FOCUS on your ablities to see them develop faster.

A well fed operator Tenno is a better Tenno.

Get to hunting! Sawzdulah!

And remember if you do get some Uffalo then bring me some ribs as we have a special sauce to cook those ribs with.

One MAJOR problem. You play as warframe operator is just pupeteer so what he eats has no efect on warframe or at least shouldnt. Thtats like if you ate something and your phone got a buff because of it. Hunting would be great when we already have fishing but not on plains it would require some forest open world so you can shoot from trees and stuff like that (and also to make you track your prey and not find it in plain sight with archwing after 5 seconds). So yes hunting par would be OK. But making food and getting buff from it? Fits other RPGs but not Warframe sorry. And if you meant it as buff for the operator then only thing it would be ever used for is hunting eidolons. And lets be honest we have good enough stuff for hunting eidolons from focus and they give us focus for hunting them so there would be almost no reason to go hunt for some aditional buff. And believe me there will also be something to do in warframe like get new weapons, get new primes, get higher mastery rank, collect all the frames, arcanes, mods etc.

Believe what people are saying is making this will cost money, for it to cost money it must earn them money back in some way, the key to not going broke. Creating this is coolish for a very small crowd already and will die quickly because of all the other things they could be working on getting. Mods, endo, gear, warframes, finishing quest, formaing, farming plains and soon farming on venus. Its just not worth the time know?

On 4/2/2018 at 2:39 PM, butka1998 said:

One MAJOR problem. You play as warframe operator is just pupeteer so what he eats has no efect on warframe or at least shouldnt. Thtats like if you ate something and your phone got a buff because of it. Hunting would be great when we already have fishing but not on plains it would require some forest open world so you can shoot from trees and stuff like that (and also to make you track your prey and not find it in plain sight with archwing after 5 seconds). So yes hunting par would be OK. But making food and getting buff from it? Fits other RPGs but not Warframe sorry. And if you meant it as buff for the operator then only thing it would be ever used for is hunting eidolons. And lets be honest we have good enough stuff for hunting eidolons from focus and they give us focus for hunting them so there would be almost no reason to go hunt for some aditional buff. And believe me there will also be something to do in warframe like get new weapons, get new primes, get higher mastery rank, collect all the frames, arcanes, mods etc.

IRL an operator with better response times means a better responding race car, jet or tank since max performance requirements for an operator are draining.

I.e. the looks simple driving an f1 formula race car is extremely tireing on the level of running a marathon after a race.( but hey what do I know so after an F1 race go talk to some of the pilots and notice how tired they are and also notice theres just youngsters driving).

But hey even the new military exo suits being tested require max operator performance and despite being powered they are tireing to use after a combat training event.

Out before someone tells me IRL has nothing to do with a simulated enviroment.

Well as you said  people in those cases people are tired but thas because they are using their own BODY to control the machines. But operator uses its MIND and mind alone so they dont feel any physical tiredness what so ever. Yes even using your brain could make you tired but thats not something food can resolve or help you with. Thats work for special pills and medicine or good old sleep. So as i have written before hunting? Not a problem great feature but hunting of something thats at least size of deer. Warframe could use more animals thats for sure. Crafting staff from hunt drops? Sure why not. But to make food out of it? Nope theres no sence in food buffs for this game because how its layed out.

Edited by butka1998