Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Experience: Make MDs even less confusing.

BubblesTheBlob

Make "Pick up the Datamass" the only objective until it is actually picked up, and then show the current Mobile Defense target's location only while someone is holding the datamass.

Alternately, if a more-broad change is welcome, remove the need for the datamass entirely, and make it a hacked terminal (or even a friendship terminal, like the last target in that one Grineer Asteroid MD tile), and let Lotus access the system after we hack it open for her and establish a connection. Consequently this would also change the balance of mobile defenses as your Primary weapon is never restricted due to holding an object in transit, if that restriction is still desired in the Mobile Defense balance dynamic (and in multiplayer, it only affects one of the players present, not all of them).

Case in point where either suggestion would streamline the learning process: I just had a mission on Aphrodite - Venus where I joined a mission in progress with one person, and they disconnected right after I had joined. Thing is, they were standing right on the first MD target, but the datamass was back at spawn. I didn't get a chance to ask them why the datamass was back there, but I can assume they left because the mission wasn't progressing even though they were literally standing at the objective (like how Archwing MD only requires standing next to the target, which was my guess as to what they expected).

Likewise, the waypoints aren't exactly much different, the datamass waypoint isn't given an objective name by the minimap, and the marker used for the MD targets is likely more familiarly-imprinted in players' heads.

Kr2qHzT.png

5 minutes ago, (PS4)PS_90210 said:

The marker for the terminal should appear after you pick up the datamass

Basically yeah.

It's an extension on the change they made a while ago where it only shows the MD targets one at a time, instead of showing all at once. That was a welcome change, and I would venture this one would be too.

• 3 weeks later...

The datamass should be removed - often someone forget's it or logs out and it glitches or runs around in the wrong place.
Just make it so that at least half the players are at the terminal and activate it.

Also quest should be more like "Hack 3 terminals" subtitle "Go to terminal A"

Seriously... people who can not figure out how Mobile Defense missions work probably have other much more pressing issues to deal with. Like how to get food into their stomachs for example. Because that is a multi-stage-process quiet a bit more complicated than MD missions in Warframe^^

Edited by ----Fenrir----