Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jordas golem is still ridiculous

-DarkWraitH-

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I don't see any problems with getting AW mods from AW missions.  I also just happen to enjoy AW missions.  Well not the Pursuit one that much.  But all the others, yes.  

It's not good to make the assumption that everyone doesn't like AW.  The problem most have had with AW is that they never tried anything other than the initial AW gear given to them and nothing else.   

But can you blame them? Apparently in an old patch, you could at least grind for parts through AW missions. Now you can only grind for mods. And some of these mods are locked behind higher level AW stuff. To me, that's bad progression, if to beat the content in question you have to use rewards from the content in question (i.e. elemental mods are dropped in higher level AW missions, not the early planets). AWs themselves are locked behind dojo research and worst of all weapon parts are split across rival syndicates (so you either have to trade or rank up from negative standing to rank 2/3 for weapon parts). Few weapons are available through dojo, but you have to cough up a forma for it. New players don't have many, especially if you've been spending the few you have on syndicate titles - which most players would agree has more value than exclusively spending forma on AW content. Given that no one runs AW content as it is, there's little interest in trading parts (even if it only costs standing). My point is that I'm sure people would love to try other AW gear, it's just that it's such a hassle to get and so little of the game uses AW content...

Personally I'm indifferent to AW stuff, I used to enjoy it until maxed mods and starter gear completely plateau'd at what, Neptune? Uranus? And suddenly in War Within when you're asked to use AW again, there is no combat, just some flying. I think the root problem is lack of AW content (and accessibility to AW gear), it all compounds into an unnecessarily frustrating experience with the jordas golem.

• 3 months later...

Sad thing is, the greatest danger to Tenno are actually walls... 
Getting into melee range (either accidentally or on purpose) of him catapults tee player like te old wallruns used to. 
Though colliding with walls is deadly in archwing, for some reason.

And J3 is a Sponge as well... (or it's just the fact that I'ts ridiculously hard to hit him with melee...)

Edited by Drejzer

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, -DarkWraitH- said:

A simple level/health/armor change would make this boss way less of a chore, I don't see why this hasn't been adressed yet.

Because with the right equipment the Jordas Golem can be killed in 30 seconds or less. I'm not sure why that would need addressing. If it is too hard then you haven't leveled up and Formaed your arch wing and arch wing weapons to handle the Jordas Golem.

32 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

Because with the right equipment the Jordas Golem can be killed in 30 seconds or less. I'm not sure why that would need addressing. If it is too hard then you haven't leveled up and Formaed your arch wing and arch wing weapons to handle the Jordas Golem.

You don't even need forma or potatoes. Just the right elemental modding. Jordas Golem being too tough is downright laughable.