The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Someone needs to give this guy EXACTLY what he wants

I saw this on reddit today.   _KKVHKPf6hx5oOngeZ2RDMmxm3yQ8E-wmIu9fMgN

The fact that this riven's been rolled over 256 times and it's still garbage just proves how terrible the riven system is.  Someone needs to give this guy a scoliac riven with whatever stats he freakin wants on it, because he deserves it after farming that much freakin kuva.  You've created a slot machine, and someone's pulled the lever well over 200 times.

Edited by Guest

Mate, I refuse to believe that in 256 rolls, that player didn’t get one useful stat combo. I have never rolled a Riven more than a dozen times without getting at least a useful combination which would round out and improve the weapon’s build, be it Status, Crit, Damage, Speed, or supplementary stats.

It is far more likely that this guy was doing it to himself by holding out for a pre-set ideal ‘god roll’.

It's a slot machine that only requires time spent playing. If that guy happens to enjoy Kuva missions all the better for him. If he hates them but kept doing them anyway to keep rolling one riven that is their problem, no one is forcing you to need a god roll Riven for a Scoliac or even use a Scoliac in the first place.

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Mate, I refuse to believe that in 256 rolls, that player didn’t get one useful stat combo. I have never rolled a Riven more than a dozen times without getting at least a useful combination which would round out and improve the weapon’s build, be it Status, Crit, Damage, Speed, or supplementary stats.

It is far more likely that this guy was doing it to himself by holding out for a pre-set ideal ‘god roll’.

That's the problem with RNG.  If it's really random, then it's totally possible to go 256 rolls and get nothing but garbage.  I remember a press release and firmware update from apple years ago that basically said "we've reduced the randomness of the ipod shuffle random play algorithm to make it appear more random".  Apparently, hearing the same song twice in a row wasn't "random" enough for their users.  The point is, your disbelief is based on the fallacy that there's some cumulative rolling progression wherein you're bound to get something that's decent.  That's simply not the case when each roll has no memory of any prior roll.

and now we see the lowest depths of the dark pit that is the Scoliac Range Riven Meta. if he just wanted the range, he's gotten what he wants and doesn't need to roll it any more times.

it's entirely the person's choice whether they want to roll or not. people need to take responsibility; YOU chose to roll that many Times, DE didn't force you at gunpoint. just because you're sat next to a slot machine doesn't mean you should blow your kid's college funds trying to get the jackpot.

21 minutes ago, polarity said:

I'd love to see how DE's sales of resource boosters has changed since rivens were added, seeing as they double the rate of kuva gain.

if they would only double the freakin sortie kuva reward too, but wait credit booster affects sortie..:poop:

12k kuva is at least 3 rolls but 6k is just 1 roll at rank 9+

Edited by God_of_Salt

This is what happens when people get hung up on a stat that isn't game changing, I got slide crit/range/slash on my scoliac, only like 130-150 range or something idk, and it'll perform better than 90% of the 200 range ones out there, but people listen to one youtube video and lose their mind, baffling to me.

Disclaimer I rolled mine 49 times to get that.

31 минуту назад, BornWithTeeth сказал:

Mate, I refuse to believe that in 256 rolls, that player didn’t get one useful stat combo.

Then you don't know what pain is.

I have several rolled about 50 times and still find them lacking. I still find it way more useful to buy rivens if you absolutely want them,  than rolling yourself especially if you actually want x stat or xy combination and not just "something that isn't an absolute trash". Say I wanted a riven with crit damage, multishot and +firerate. Even IF I will roll it god f**** knows how many time there's absolutely no guarantee I will get this combination even once and also that I will get at least medium buffs and not the weakest possible. The absolute truth is the only way to get those kind of things is to buy them, in the time it takes you to farm 256x3,5k kuva you can farm something useful instead like new primes or arcanes and sell.

Edited by -Temp0-

6 minutes ago, (PS4)ArchangelX3Z said:

This is what happens when people get hung up on a stat that isn't game changing, I got slide crit/range/slash on my scoliac, only like 130-150 range or something idk, and it'll perform better than 90% of the 200 range ones out there, but people listen to one youtube video and lose their mind, baffling to me.

Disclaimer I rolled mine 49 times to get that.

wow mine is slide crit/range/damage to grineer and it allows for my build to have a slide crit chance of 200% (without calculating blood rush) and i love it (althoug somehow my hybrid atterax without riven still overperforms somehow (i might need a better build (my riven is fine thoug)))

4 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

I still find it way more useful to buy rivens if you absolutely want them,  than rolling yourself

Same here.  My problem is that I can never find the rivens I want to buy.  I search for months and never see anything close to the rivens I actually want for my builds.

This is the problem with RNG rolls, sometimes you get stuck with a Riven that has terrible stats that either you can't get rid of or it gives you something you can't use.

I have a Balla riven I use for daggers that keeps giving me faction damage and finisher damage. I don't care for faction damage, and finisher damage is outclassed by Covert Lethality anyway. Yet after 25 rolls, I still keep seeing those stats on every reroll...

Just now, NeoSmile said:

wow mine is slide crit/range/damage to grineer and it allows for my build to have a slide crit chance of 200% (without calculating blood rush) and i love it (althoug somehow my hybrid atterax without riven still overperforms somehow (i might need a better build (my riven is fine thoug)))

Yea you got a dank little Riven :), yea I can slide to win everything, just the slide mechanic hurts my hand so only do for syndicate missions when I want and when I'm trying to smash through a mission really quick with Volt.  I don't have an atterax (I think the weapon looks hideous and I'm hung up on that in Warframe lol) so I'm not sure how that performs.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it's entirely the person's choice whether they want to roll or not. people need to take responsibility; YOU chose to roll that many Times, DE didn't force you at gunpoint. just because you're sat next to a slot machine doesn't mean you should blow your kid's college funds trying to get the jackpot.

You do realize that the mechanic is innately predatory and triggers fairly primitive parts of your brain, right?  There are tons of people out there who cannot control themselves when it comes to these kinds of activities.

10 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Then you don't know what pain is.

I have several rolled about 50 times and still find them lacking. I still find it way more useful to buy rivens if you absolutely want them,  than rolling yourself especially if you actually want x stat or xy combination and not just "something that isn't an absolute trash". Say I wanted a riven with crit damage, multishot and +firerate. Even IF I will roll it god f**** knows how many time there's absolutely no guarantee I will get this combination even once and also that I will get at least medium buffs and not the weakest possible. The absolute truth is the only way to get those kind of things is to buy them, in the time it takes you to farm 256x3,5k kuva you can farm something useful instead like new primes or arcanes and sell.

In other words, that is exactly and literally what I described. Holding out through hundreds and hundreds of rolls because you’ve decided ahead of time on an exact combination of stats which you want, which you’re not guaranteed to get, and when in the meantime, you are almost guaranteed to get a combination of stats which you can use and which will complete the weapon’s build.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ArchangelX3Z said:

I don't have an atterax (I think the weapon looks hideous and I'm hung up on that in Warframe lol)

just so you know it sounds horrible as well

the scoliac is better in that regard (in both looks and annoying squeeking sounds)

Just now, TheDefenestrater said:

You do realize that the mechanic is innately predatory and triggers fairly primitive parts of your brain, right?  There are tons of people out there who cannot control themselves when it comes to these kinds of activities.

I do realise this. I also know that if you have a gambling problem, you should seek help. you need to have self-control. not an easy thing to hold onto for some, but that's why we have organisations that help with these kinds of things. you need to be able to admit when you have a problem, and be willing to do something about it. the change has to start with YOU.

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

you are almost guaranteed to get a combination of stats which you can use and which will complete the weapon’s build.

No, you're really not.  Plenty of weapons require some very specific stats on their rivens to make the mod worth the slot and to make the build work at all.  A Kohm riven with 120+ status chance is a totally different beast from one without it, while plenty of negatives can completely ruin an otherwise great roll.

First of all sorry for my bad english.

right now it have bug on display rolls number on rivens..

its seem to limit on displays while link only 255 rolls!

if u roll more ...on display it show unrolls stat instead and begin with 1 2 3 and so on if u roll it more

i have my riven that rolls like 283 rolls on sobek and it show only around 27 rolls when link it to display on another.

VhGwql.jpg

and here is on display

94E8nI.jpg

so maybe it possible that reddit guys show his riven as link display first then show actual rolls in mod table so it can look like it 2 different riven.

vor 31 Minuten schrieb (PS4)robotwars7:

and now we see the lowest depths of the dark pit that is the Scoliac Range Riven Meta. if he just wanted the range, he's gotten what he wants and doesn't need to roll it any more times.

I might be that person with my Tiberon Riven Mod in a few weeks (107x atm). As rolling Riven Mods only takes Kuva and not platinum (but maybe very affordable resource boosters), I see no point in blaming DE for the stubbornness of their individual customers :laugh:.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb TheDefenestrater:

Same here.  My problem is that I can never find the rivens I want to buy.  I search for months and never see anything close to the rivens I actually want for my builds.

Dito, my best Riven Mods are bought ones. The might of the masses beats the willpower of the individual when it comes to probabilities. But I can feel with that dude. Just for once, he wanted to roll a godly mod himself.

The smarter Riven Modders recognized that the secret is in the masses and trading. Buy many unveiled, try your luck, sell the useful ones. Buy bargains, sell higher. Hoard platinum, buy what you want.

NOT TO FORGET:
This 256x folded Riven Mod might be as good as a legendary core, if you use it for fusion!

Edited by Toran