The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Someone needs to give this guy EXACTLY what he wants

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Riven_Mods

and here is calculation endo worth on riven rolls.

• The total Endo gain from dissolving a Riven Mod is equal to (100 × (MasteryRank - 8)) + (22.5 × 2ModRank) + (200 × Rerolls), rounded up. So, the base value for an unranked, unrolled MR13 mod would be (100 × (13 − 8)) + (22.5 × 20) + (0 × 200) = 522.5, rounded up to 523.

:)

33 minutes ago, -BA-ChaRoon said:

283 rolls on sobek

But why?  What stats are you looking for in particular, or are you just rolling it for fun?  The stats you have now are far from the best.

i want base dmg+multishot with negative on old time.... i mean before sobek and another 100+ weapon get buff...

maybe i addict on this kuva mission too much? who know.

and YES my stat right now still real bad....but it also show how RNG refuse u to get something u want... so..

Keep rolling ... no one can stop what u want to do right? Tenno. :clem:

1 minute ago, Krhymez said:

The amount to kuva and time they have wasted on this riven... they could have farmed plat and just bought the riven they wanted.

It takes just as long to find rivens you want to buy.  Even using riven.market and the trade forums, it's rare to find a riven with just what you're looking for.

4 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

The amount to kuva and time they have wasted on this riven... they could have farmed plat and just bought the riven they wanted.

Or they were hoping to get lucky and after investing time into it it becomes harder and harder to give up with nothing gained.

DE knows what they're doing.

41 minutes ago, TheDefenestrater said:

No, you're really not.  Plenty of weapons require some very specific stats on their rivens to make the mod worth the slot and to make the build work at all.  A Kohm riven with 120+ status chance is a totally different beast from one without it, while plenty of negatives can completely ruin an otherwise great roll.

I still think it’s absolutely daft to fixate on the idea of getting a ‘god roll’ on the Riven. If that guy were to give me the temporary loan of that mod and say ‘Teeth, make a useful build with this Riven within ten rolls, I dare you’, I could do it. Plus Damage? Awesome. Plus Range and Attack speed? Sweet, that frees up mod slots to build in more DPS. Elemental damage increase? Cool, let me just sort out the Polarities so that I can socket it for the best combined elements.

Like I said, I have never rolled a Riven more than a dozen times without finding a combination of stats which works for the weapon. I have rolled and sold stat combinations which were worth hundreds of Platinum, without ever getting locked into the cycle of ‘Damage, Crit, Multishot? No? Trash, roll it again!’

I’ve only ever broken down a couple of Riven mods for Endo, purely because I didn’t like the weapons they were for, and wasn’t bothered rolling them.

I wonder a bit about how some people view rivens, particularly the stats. Why for some is any riven that does not have the exact 3-4 stats they want viewed as trash? Surely there is some sort of gradient where at the low end the weapon becomes unusable with a specific riven, and at the high end it is the best thing you could get. Surely some rivens, while not perfect, are "good enough".

On that note, a breakdown of the stats of this riven: the range is great nothing wrong with it. Negative damage to infested, while not the ideal negative, is not a real worry at that amount. 74.6% Damage to corpus is where a lot of "riven experts" decide this riven is trash, because it is not perfect; however, while only useful for corpus, this is no small amount of damage. Other "riven experts" would also claim that the lack of a third positive also makes the riven trash, but the lack of a third positive only makes the values of the two positives stronger.

So is the riven perfect? No.

But is the riven trash? No.
Should it be better after so many rolls? Hmm. Maybe.

Here is something some riven rollers might not want to hear: if you only accept your ideal stats as good rolls, you may end up rolling for a long time to only get a mediocre riven.
Consider that if you roll a riven, you can choose to keep the old roll or the new one, whichever is better. This means that as long as you can accurately judge which is better, a riven can only become better or stay the same with more rolls, and never worse. However, if you limit your perception of what is good, you can cut off opportunities to take better rolls.

You can limit yourself in two ways: "I will only take rolls with X stat" or "I won't take rolls with X stat". The second option has its place, for example in rejecting negative damage rolls, but both attitudes can come back to bite you, particularly if executed poorly.

So should the riven be better after so many rolls? Maybe; there may have been a better roll that was rejected because it wasn't exactly what was wanted. If there wasn't a better roll though, this could be the edge case that demands some sort of second look from DE. Perhaps the option of stat locking at the cost of a higher kuva cost once you pass 100 rolls?

Edited by Nomayonnaiseinireland

2 hours ago, TheDefenestrater said:

The fact that this riven's been rolled over 256 times and it's still garbage

I dunno Tenno, +206 Range on the Scoliac is pretty strong. That stat alone gives the weapon a reach of almost 20 meters, outstretching several Warframe powers and the falloff distances of many shotguns. In 256 rolls the player had to have gotten something that made the Scoliac really good holisitcally, but just wasn't willing to give up that phenomenal Range stat.

Edited by SenorClipClop

5 minutes ago, Nomayonnaiseinireland said:

I wonder a bit about how some people view rivens, particularly the stats. Why for some is any riven that does not have the exact 3-4 stats they want viewed as trash? Surely there is some sort of gradient where at the low end the weapon becomes unusable with a specific riven, and at the high end it is the best thing you could get. Surely some rivens, while not perfect, are "good enough".

On that note, a breakdown of the stats of this riven: the range is great nothing wrong with it. Negative damage to infested, while not the ideal negative, is not a real worry at that amount. 74.6% Damage to corpus is where a lot of "riven experts" decide this riven is trash, because it is not perfect; however, while only useful for corpus, this is no small amount of damage. Other "riven experts" would also claim that the lack of a third positive also makes the riven trash, but the lack of a third positive only makes the values of the two positives stronger.

So is the riven perfect? No.

But is the riven trash? No.
Should it be better after so many rolls? Hmm. Maybe.

Here is something some riven rollers might not want to hear: if you only accept your ideal stats as good rolls, you may end up rolling for a long time to only get a mediocre riven.
Consider that if you roll a riven, you can choose to keep the old roll or the new one, whichever is better. This means that as long as you can accurately judge which is better, a riven can only become better or stay the same with more rolls, and never worse. However, if you limit your perception of what is good, you can cut off opportunities to take better rolls.

You can limit yourself in two ways: "I will only take rolls with X stat" or "I won't take rolls with X stat". The second option has its place, for example in rejecting negative damage rolls, but both attitudes can come back to bite you, particularly if executed poorly.

So should the riven be better after so many rolls? Maybe; there may have been a better roll that was rejected because it wasn't exactly what was wanted. If there wasn't a better roll though, this could be the edge case that demands some sort of second look from DE. Perhaps the option of stat locking at the cost of a higher kuva cost once you pass 100 rolls?

But the thing is that the whole Riven system is based on people not being happy enough. If you've seen a god roll Riven for the same weapon you have then it's really difficult to just accept the fact you won't ever get as lucky. The whole RNG aspect creates that unhappiness as long as your roll isn't equal to or better than what you've seen and want. 

I do hope DE starts taking a hard look at it. I think they're enjoying booster and plat sales a bit too much though.

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Mate, I refuse to believe that in 256 rolls, that player didn’t get one useful stat combo. I have never rolled a Riven more than a dozen times without getting at least a useful combination which would round out and improve the weapon’s build, be it Status, Crit, Damage, Speed, or supplementary stats.

It is far more likely that this guy was doing it to himself by holding out for a pre-set ideal ‘god roll’.

This^

5 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

I dunno Tenno, +206 Range on the Scoliac is pretty strong. That stat alone gives the weapon a reach of almost 20 meters, outstretching several Warframe powers and the falloff distances of many shotguns. In 256 rolls the player had to have gotten something that made the Scoliac really good holisitcally, but just wasn't willing to give up that phenomenal Range stat.

...This was literally the first thing I thought on seeing the initial post.

The riven has 2 buffs and a curse and I don't believe re-rolling removes that aspect as think that it's the 2nd rng gate on the riven to begin with.

Which leaves the roller down to hoping for:

• ...a better 1st buff
  • ....while the second buff goes as unaltered as possible
  • ... without getting an even nastier curse

I wonder if the roller used any of the offline tools to figure out what their possible best roll would look like because -% damage on a specific faction is probably one of the more benign curses you can ask for regarding that weapon?

IMO, They could roll 256 more times and chances are slim the stars would line up like that for them.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)BOSS_TPH76 said:

The Riven System needs a serious overhaul. The fact that this is even possible is borderline predatory and its continuation "as is" is indefensible.  

Slippery Slope argument.

Warframe is a fun and engaging game built entirely around repetition, chance, and acquisition through a time invested vs money spent business model.

Let’s shut the Relic System down, then.

Wait, not good enough.

Let’s just shut WARFRAME down.

Except for secret Floppy Zephyr.

Loot boxes are predatory.  Riven Rolls are a timesink choice.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)BOSS_TPH76 said:

The Riven System needs a serious overhaul. The fact that this is even possible is borderline predatory and its continuation "as is" is indefensible.  

Except without seeing all the previous rolls, plus with the bug with linking riven rolled over 255 times, we have zero context to this to go off of. This person very well could be doing this as a joke, just like the people that forma a weapon or frame 100 times. They could also be going for an absurdly perfect roll and don't care about how many rolls it takes. This image has absolutely no context to it.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

4 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

The riven has 2 buffs and a curse and I don't believe re-rolling removes that aspect

That is not at all how riven rolling works.  3 things will never change when rerolling a riven: the polarity, the mastery rank requirement, and the weapon.  Everything else is fair game, including how many buffs and whether or not you have a curse.