Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Redone

(XBOX)EntrTheLight

So the Zephyr update is finally here!  I'm super excited she finally gets some love!  Zephyr has been my favorite frame for quite awhile now, so it's been a fun Zephyr week for me (since rework came out).  I do have a few things I would like to say about her update. 

Tailwind: I'm super excited that they merged her first two abilities together... well done.  It was fantastic seeing this with my own eyes.  Thank you :)
Airburst: Her new second ability isnt bad either, although could use some work, seems like it isnt very accurate.
Turbulence: Nothing really changed here besides animations, looks quite nice too.  Maybe a second augment that allows us to use turbulence on an enemy to act like a bullet attractor to deal more damage.
Tornado: Not a totally fancy update, but effective... a lot better than it was.  I like how the second ability makes them taller.  Although I think it would be nice if it also made them wider as well. 

It was mentioned that Airburst was subject to change, so I figured why not throw my two cents in.  I think it could be somewhat like Nova's second ability... you throw a ball of air down and it causes an explosion of air.  I'm thinking of animations similar to a nuclear shockwave when this ball of air hits the ground.  Enemies caught in the area are knocked down and heavily damaged (or killed), and enemies within shockwave radius has a chance of being disarmed and/or knocked down (pending power strength and range).  If this ball hits an active tornado, the tornado grows in size (both length and width).

Anyways I'm not complaining at all, I'm happy Zephyr got some love finally.  I just thought I'd throw my two cents in.  Thank you for finally giving her some love :)
I can't wait for her Primed Version, it's gonna be an exciting day when she comes out.  Looks like I better save for that access pack.

The primary issue with Tailwind now is that it indeed makes you move fast, but moving fast is useless if you've got to spend all that time you gained by MOVING FAST on backtracking to where you wanted to go because it's almost impossible not to overshoot the destination.

Sliding on the face for another 100 metres after trying to divebomb to stomp is  just an insult to injury.

Given how it is currently I'm starting to miss Divebomb because it was a consistent surefire way to stop.

1 hour ago, JuicyButthurt said:

The primary issue with Tailwind now is that it indeed makes you move fast, but moving fast is useless if you've got to spend all that time you gained by MOVING FAST on backtracking to where you wanted to go because it's almost impossible not to overshoot the destination.

Sliding on the face for another 100 metres after trying to divebomb to stomp is  just an insult to injury.

Given how it is currently I'm starting to miss Divebomb because it was a consistent surefire way to stop.

I do agree actually, although I like them merged together. There's got to be a way to balance it out a little better.  Perhaps making Tailwind similar to Ivara's Navigator ability....letting you control your burst. 

I hope they make Tail Wind 's hover duration longer. Even with 200% duration build, it's still feel don't have enough time to find enemy and kill them. And also it's very hard to control Tail Wind with super high duration build.

Edited by qscgg

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya, back again with another Zephyr post (lol).  I've had lots of Zephyr ideas in the past, although I can't seem to find them in forums anymore...I'm assuming either they expired or was deleted, but I always have thoughts of Zephyr as she is my favorite warframe.  I just want her to shine again, and her update looks great although can be improved... and I think she can have a better ultimate.  Anyway, here's my thoughts.

Tailwind: Lots of overshooting areas and lots of nose grinding. I liked this topic the best when talking about Tailwind.  

Airburst:  Ability is decent.  Good name, decent effect.  However, as I've mentioned before, I think the augment should merge the projectiles together to forma a larger shockwave... of which will knock enemies over and possibly disarm them as well.  More powerful than current form but slower cast speed, and cant be spammed easily.  (this ability I think would be similar to Nova's second ability, only different effects).

Turbulence: No needed change, however, the ability to recast would be nice... either that or shorten animation time.

Tornado: This ability is where I step in.  I think Zephyr should have a different ultimate.  Still having to do with tornadoes, but utilized differently.  I think it should be an ability like Exalted Blade.  This would be a efficiency based toggle ability. Zephyr would form a divine dagger/staff.  Zephyr would throw up to 5 of this item and be able to form a tornado that would roam within the radius of the thrown item.  The amount of tornadoes you can summon would be based off of power strength. Also, Zephyr would be given a unique fighting stance for this ability as well.  With all combos, Zephyr will have a small chance of forming smaller more powerful mini-tornadoes.  These mini-tornadoes will be super powerful, but only last for a short time (4-7 seconds per tornado) and will only be able to effect 2-3 enemies nearby.  This divine dagger or staff will simply act as your melee weapon, taking it's stats and effects while giving a divine appearance (not applied to tornadoes).  However, the tornadoes will still be able to absorb damage and statuses like current tornadoes.  Tornadoes active (except small mini-tornadoes formed by combos) will be based on duration, and will not vanish if ability is turned off.  All abilities would be castable while ultimate is active as well.  

Augment idea for new tornado: While Turbulence is active while Tornado is active, directs bullets and projectiles towards any active tornado increasing tornadoes damage for (a few seconds, possibly based on duration or strength) and/or possibly adding a second damage type to tornadoes.

Anywho, these are my ideas.  I've probably mentioned something similar in the past, but I still think this idea would be amazing for Zephyr. 

Why making more posts when there's one already? All these suggestions could have been in that one, no need to make new one.

I would considered this as intentional spam if I was mod, luckily, I am not.

Edited by CoreXCZ

33 minutes ago, (XB1)SAOxSonicKirito said:

Hiya, back again with another Zephyr post (lol).  I've had lots of Zephyr ideas in the past, although I can't seem to find them in forums anymore...I'm assuming either they expired or was deleted, but I always have thoughts of Zephyr as she is my favorite warframe.  I just want her to shine again, and her update looks great although can be improved... and I think she can have a better ultimate.  Anyway, here's my thoughts.

She is my favorite too and i Main her since her release in update 12. Zephyr is in a very good position now, her whole Kit is great tho Tailwind still needs some tweaks.

Dont see any necessary changes to AirBurst tho an Augment that gave it elemental damage with high status chance or Disarming would be great.

Her tornados dont need to be touched, they are great now, both with and without the Augment, being viable for both Crowd Control and Damage.

16 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

She is my favorite too and i Main her since her release in update 12. Zephyr is in a very good position now, her whole Kit is great tho Tailwind still needs some tweaks.

Dont see any necessary changes to AirBurst tho an Augment that gave it elemental damage with high status chance or Disarming would be great.

Her tornados dont need to be touched, they are great now, both with and without the Augment, being viable for both Crowd Control and Damage.

^^^This...

There are a number of ways to mod her to handle almost all situations. I too main her, and I'm very worried that laziness of players will put her into a position of being changed, buffed, then nerfed to hell. She is fantastic right now...

/slaps hands "Don't Touch!!" 

What I heard is that before the rework the tornadoes used to be MUCH more effective at crowd control. Either the PoE has problems with Tornadoes trying to pick up enemies or the ability of the tornadoes pulling enemies on them is much more weaker than intended.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

Please. Stop. Zephyr. Re-Work. Posts.

Thank you...

Hello sir and welcome to the "Warframes & Abilities" Feedback forum. Judging by your comments I suspect you don't understand where you are.

Just because you're satisfied with a frame, doesn't mean by any measure that everybody is. If you don't want to see the thread, just don't bump it. If you add a comment then you are achieving the exact opposite effect of what you want.

28 minutes ago, AlendasNaro said:

What I heard is that before the rework the tornadoes used to be MUCH more effective at crowd control. Either the PoE has problems with Tornadoes trying to pick up enemies or the ability of the tornadoes pulling enemies on them is much more weaker than intended.

Not really, its catching enemies with ease. Only if you use the Augment that it wont pick up enemies.

20 minutes ago, Caelward said:

Hello sir and welcome to the "Warframes & Abilities" Feedback forum. Judging by your comments I suspect you don't understand where you are.

Just because you're satisfied with a frame, doesn't mean by any measure that everybody is. If you don't want to see the thread, just don't bump it. If you add a comment then you are achieving the exact opposite effect of what you want.

Oh dear...

I guess this part of the forum has people like you...

Zephyr has had  A LOT of posts on her already. It is not unreasonable to reply to existing posts, those posts will return to people's view (bumping a thread). I'm sure you knew this.

And it is nice to see that you singled me out as the only person who disagreed with the post/topic.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

Oh dear...

I guess this part of the forum has people like you...

Zephyr has had  A LOT of posts on her already. It is not unreasonable to reply to existing posts, those posts will return to people's view (bumping a thread). I'm sure you knew this.

And it is nice to see that you singled me out as the only person who disagreed with the post/topic.

You're the one telling people to stop when they clearly still want to give feedback.

Also, tasty bait? I see you couldn't resist.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Awesomenisticus said:

Hahaha, did you even read the other replies?

Whelp, continue if you must...

Mind policing the Limbo threads for me? Limbo got his rework, surely he is done and we don't need to hear anything more about it.

I see three Mesa threads on the page right now and Mesa is fantastically popular, obviously she doesn't need any work, mind telling them to take it easy too?

This is a forum for feedback. If players have an issue with something, this is literally the place to take that that conversation.

Right here and now, it doesn't matter whether or not I agree with his opinion. This new guy came in with feedback almost certainly completely new to the whole conversation. If you just bothered to look at his post count, he is indeed very new to the forum in general. The other posters at least offered feedback, simply things like "hey you should probably stick to that post" or "these abilities should be fine, although that one does need work. There was at least something being offered there.

You just told him off. Bravo.

Honestly, I disagree with Bianca as far as zephyr being in a good place, but that's not to say anyone's input is unwanted. I myself am very unhappy with her rework for the reasons listed in my thread(thanks for the highlight op) but to give anyone flak for saying they dislike something whole giving adequate reasoning is rude and silly. Keep posting op, your opinion is wanted even if others disagree. 

Edited by ObviousLee

22 hours ago, (XB1)SAOxSonicKirito said:

Tornado: This ability is where I step in.  I think Zephyr should have a different ultimate.  Still having to do with tornadoes, but utilized differently.  I think it should be an ability like Exalted Blade.  This would be a efficiency based toggle ability. Zephyr would form a divine dagger/staff.  Zephyr would throw up to 5 of this item and be able to form a tornado that would roam within the radius of the thrown item.  The amount of tornadoes you can summon would be based off of power strength. Also, Zephyr would be given a unique fighting stance for this ability as well.  With all combos, Zephyr will have a small chance of forming smaller more powerful mini-tornadoes.  These mini-tornadoes will be super powerful, but only last for a short time (4-7 seconds per tornado) and will only be able to effect 2-3 enemies nearby.  This divine dagger or staff will simply act as your melee weapon, taking it's stats and effects while giving a divine appearance (not applied to tornadoes).  However, the tornadoes will still be able to absorb damage and statuses like current tornadoes.  Tornadoes active (except small mini-tornadoes formed by combos) will be based on duration, and will not vanish if ability is turned off.  All abilities would be castable while ultimate is active as well.  

I don't particularly care for the exalted weapon state but your idea for a deployable is valid. The ability is kind of halfway there in terms of how you activate it but the problem, as it was before the rework and wasn't really addressed, is the tornado pathing. A deployed marker (dagger or whatever you want to call it) that binds a tornado to a particular area would be very effective. Then that stupid funnel cloud build might actually be worth something outside the simulacrum.

20 hours ago, (XB1)SAOxSonicKirito said:

I do apologize for having so many thoughts of the topic. I will stop now.  I dont mean to spam all about Zephyr.  I just need to find a new hobby.  

No need to apologize, my reasoning was to start a thread and continue it. Or, look at the existing posts on the subject and continue off of those. Not necessarily start a new thread with every new thought. I do apologize, my remark came from a point of fatigue and frustration on the topic from before the update to now. Keeping the comments and suggestion focused on a single thread also keeps all the ideas consolidated so there's no need to scour the multiple threads for the info/conversation. Again, no need to apologize...it is great that you're totally into Zephyr...

15 hours ago, Caelward said:

Right here and now, it doesn't matter whether or not I agree with his opinion. This new guy came in with feedback almost certainly completely new to the whole conversation. If you just bothered to look at his post count, he is indeed very new to the forum in general. The other posters at least offered feedback, simply things like "hey you should probably stick to that post" or "these abilities should be fine, although that one does need work. There was at least something being offered there.

You just told him off. Bravo.

And by "continue if you must", maybe I should have said PM me so that this thread isn't hijacked and derailed any further.

That said. Zephyr wasn't in the best place and the rework brought some much needed changes. Could some elements be adjusted, I guess it depends. Depends on how much modding you've done to see where abilities can be min/maxed. My 'worry' is this frame gets the change-buff-NERF treatment as the others have...