Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is holster reloading not universal?

Venta_Black

Hi I'm one of the new guys here. I started to play Warframe for the pvp. The montages and matches I saw on youtube got me really hyped. Anyway I started playing in that so called Recruit Conditioning and felt like being in the wrong place with the shooter experience I have gathered during a couple years. I disabled it to find some challenging matches with lots of fun. However I noticed that other people were rarely to never reloading while I had to reload every time I wanted my magazine at max or ran out of bullets in tight fights. Not only that but they switched weapons faster than I ever could. Later I was told that my observation was indeed true and the cause of mods I'd had to grind for. Not only pvp, but also pve, on which part I would like to minimize the effort I had to apply. This is my experience so far.

What I want to demonstrate is that these mods, which give you a huge advantage in pvp, are locked behind a grind wall you'd have to surpass. I can imagine this would be a huge turn off for a lot of people who'd like to give Conclave a try.Therefore I'd propose to give these mods either a downside for a balance reason, or make them a permanently universal implemented existence in Conclave. For every player, at any level and for any weapon that is related with these mods.

Edited by Venta_Black

That's why you start from the bottom to get the basic stuff, before getting the good stuff. In every game first you get the basic then as you progress you get better stuff, thus your grind wall. You can't get rare pvp mods from the get-go just like that.

So don't disable recruit conditioning, play on low-tier, gather standing and progress.

The reload while holstered and holster speed mods are the only mods that give an advantage over those who do not have them. This one instance of advantage is so small that it may as well be done away with. It is nothing but a waste of time to go through when it takes a few days to get them, then stick them on every weapon you use from then on. It probably turns many new conclave players away.

Yea, they could make it so that the game automatically gives some to you for playing a round/obtaining equipment

(Similar to how you get mods for crafting a sential)
Craft Daikyu/Rubico/etc = Automatically obtain un-deletable augments
First conclave match auto rewards essentials. 

This topic and suggestion has been touched numerous times but to no effect.

Edited by Cicadeus

On 4/5/2018 at 8:34 AM, Tachmag said:

It also doesn't help that these mods cost 13 mod points when they should cost 0, putting newbies, who usually can't afford to Catalyze every weapon they get, at an even greater disadvantage.

Alot of shooters that have some sense of progression will benefit players with funding. Similar to how one must obtain resources to expand one's Arsenal.

If it was all easy access however, I'd probably never spend a plat again and I don't think that would be ideal to their design.

I won't say weather or not progression and the benefits of funding are right or wrong for the game/conclave but I do feel there are other places that require attention and with enough attention, I feel issues as these would be less of a problem.

Is it really a great benefit to swap weapons instead of reloading?  On one hand, it's obvious Conclave encourages the use of your whole setup to prove mastery.  On the other hand, if you just have excellent-enough shooting and combine it with the right powers you'll be fragging left and right, anyway.

5 hours ago, Nighttide77 said:

Is it really a great benefit to swap weapons instead of reloading? 

Yes, it is. It allows you to create an almost literally endless stream of damage. Also note that many weapons have reload times of 3-5 seconds; more for the Struns. I doubt that it is a major balancing point, and shouldn't be with how easy of a limitation it is to circumvent with mods that confer no downside other than taking up a mod slot. 

Yes, even with the inconvenience of reloading, a good player is still likely to frag a lot. But s/he will be much more inclined to pick fast reloading guns like the Vasto, and any gun with slower reloads, all other things being balanced, will be objectively less useful on account of its reload time. Simply because good aim and awareness eithout autoreload is adequate to win some matches against worse players with the mods does not mean that there is not an artificial advantage.

I would like to at least see something along Cicadeus' idea of auto-rewarded holster mods being implemented, or perhaps it could just be made part of the main game. I seriously doubt that the few, extremely far between bursts of urgency and mild stress, if there are any, from having to reload one's gun in a PvE firefight, is even close to an attraction of the game.