Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot login on site

DarkRuler2500

• 2 months later...

Not necro-ing because this needs to be addressed by a webmaster, not given trollish quips. That pain in the ass Captcha is hot garbage on a steaming pile of dog crap on a sunny summer day. Half the time it doesn't work, and when I select Roads or Cars or Street Signs, half the time it doesn't even recognize the fact that I've answered the captcha correctly, and then says it can't connect to captcha. 

Get this issue fixed. Either get rid of the captcha and find some other way to ensure that we're not bots, or raise hell with captcha itself. Either way, getting sick of not being able to log onto the website for five minutes at a time because I'm busy trying to get the damned captcha to work. Ridiculous. Nexus doesn't use captcha, or if it does, it's unnoticeable. Unlike Warframe where one in three logins fail because Captcha sucks and is such a POS.

Edited by TwoWolves

You could try stating whether or not you've ever had problems with the captcha and what, if anything you've done to resolve them. I mean, you've never had any trouble logging in? The Captcha system on this site is terrible, and I can't understand why when the Captcha on other sites never gives this much trouble...

I almost wonder if it has something to do with my end and the fact that I'm attempting to log in on a crappy wifi connection?

And yeah, "trollish quips" was a bit harsh...lol I retract my statement as I don't really believe you were trolling. There isn't much either of us can do, really, other than to hope that one of the webmasters sees this and takes a closer look. 

DE needs to seriously look at another security option instead of Captcha. Today, I counted.

Thirteen screens of select this and that. THIRTEEN!! ARE YOU LISTENING, DE?

I shouldn't have to sit there for TWO MINUTES (and that's about what it took, give or take five seconds) selecting street signs and buses and cars because the Captcha system that you're using is buggy as hell and half the time doesn't even work. I'm filing a complaint with Captcha's parent company, too. 

Absolutely unacceptable. This is something that needs serious looking at. Wtf are we going to even want to log in if the captcha doesn't work half the time and when we get auto logged out (even when you hit the Remember Me option), you have to waste time going through this again (and risking the Captcha crapping out and saying that your IP has tried to use the captcha too many times so that you have to wait an hour). Jesus, that is the most maddening, frustrating thing in the world. I know I'm hitting all the street signs, and when I hit Verify, it's "Nope, eff you, buddy, Idgaf that you've selected the same cars three times, I don't believe you're a human." Then it flips to yet another select x screen.

How is that the forums.nexusmods.com never has this problem when I log in, and yet, when I log into this site, I have to jump through ridiculous hoops and rely upon random chance that the Captcha is working?

@[DE]Danielle (Tagged only because you're the only name I really see on the forums so far)

Edited by TwoWolves