Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WARFRAME ANIME SERIES - WE WANT YOU!

VoliOsnowong

So yea, Me, Voli, is planning to make a Warframe anime during this summer (July & August). this is ambitious and i would admit that is beyond anything i have done before. and that is why i need you. As a fellow member of the community, I want to see how many people i can gather and make something that everyone will be impress of. Both the creators and the audience (community).

Some of you might know who I am from Youtube, I was the one who drew the Warframe X Infinity War Trailer (still working on it). Half way through my predicted working time, I realize that I cant achieve something this great without an extra hand while managing with real life matters.

it will be sort of like Legend of korra style of art and I will not leak the story plot line (which is already set by existing team members)

1122485-most-popular-i-am-legend-wallpap

here is the more detail and long reading that you might (kinda have to, if you want to join). A Video will be uploaded on my channel within this week to help understanding this 'Recruitment'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are we looking for?

If you planned to join my team and you have

• A substantial amount of time during July and August, best around 28-35 hours per week
  • A portfolio or some sort of references to allow me and my team to see what you can do and capable of!

Keep in mind that this project is

• A non-profit production (Check - Clarification on Subscription based artist/personals, if you are one.)
  • I do not plan to make this profitable.
  • For the fun and the Community
  • Satisfaction upon release.

IF you are a Patreon or any kind of subscription based artist/creator, we will promote you when we premiere the show, that means that the views can support you if they wanted to. And me, Voli, will not take any profit from the project as I do not want to make you watch ads before the show. (and if Youtube made my videos to contain ads, then nothing can be done)

Basic informations on the production of this project.

Headquarters will be located in Hong Kong, China (UTC +8), all informations will be discussed on Discord. During production, team members can join voice chats to exchange ideas to each other. If you are far away from the time zone, ie, you are in USA (12 hours delay), dont worry, because there will be chat history to refer to.

Working in the team has a few aspects we expect you to have:

1. You must be active on discord, so that we can find you, share informations & other important task that you will need do, and receive your part as soon as possible. We are trying to complete a series within a short amount of time, efficient communication is key to this production success.
  2. You have to understand teamplay, we are trying to work as a group, not individuals. There will be people in your designated work department and you will be expected to completed task with them. They are there not only to help you, but they also people you might want to help to finish this product.
  3. Be friendly & respectful to other, because being mean to others is not going to help anyone. If there is going to be any pressure on the workload, I, Voli, will be doing that team leader that pushes you a bit outside your comfort zone in order to achieve even better.
  4. Lips-sealed. It is key that no one in the team should be leaking anything to the public before the show was publicized. If there are any form of spoilers or leak towards people outside the team (even during the shows premiere), will lose their position in the team. The team will give out leak, but only after discussed by everyone. And the leak will be posted via my channel to ensure validation.
  5. It is important to keep the working area (discord server) very clean, thus i do not expect there to be jokes throwing around, and people should find the balance between seriousness and fun. After all, this project is for fun. But it would be a real shame not to complete the project.

The list of positions that are available:

• Flash/2D Animators,
    • Capable of using Adobe Flash
    • Understanding of core animation principles
    • Understand the style of animation of Japanese anime
    • Ability to iterate on designs and to adapt to the team's artistic style
  • Landscape/Character Artist,
    • Usage of digital art software
    • Capable of drawing different sceneries and environment (Bonus: knowledge of Warframe maps and locations)
    • Proficiency in drawing, sketching, or painting (Priority selections digital mediums)
    • Understanding of form, shape, composition, lighting, color, and architecture
    • Strong industrial design skills
    • Ability to iterate with constructive criticism and work professionally with others
    • Understand the style of art from Japanese anime
    • Ability to iterate on designs and to adapt to the team's artistic style
  • Warframe model SFM animators,
    • Capable of making any movement, positions with any Warframes
  • Male/Female English Voice actors,
    • Fluent (knowledge in the language and spoken with ease)
    • Clear voice (Accent can be discounted)
    • Able to merge voice to the character’s personality/characteristic
    • Have access to a Decent Quality Mic (clear and good Recording) at any time when required
  • Musician & Music composer,
    • instrument) Able to play music with ease
    • (singer) Able to sing scores of its genre
    • Write simple scores and create a several Music genre (Electronic and Background soundtracks take priority)
    • Have access to a Decent Quality Mic (clear and good Recording) at any time when required
  • Sound effect composer.
    • Make sound effects to increase the intensity of actions/movements/environments

How the recruitment process works:

The Community is big and I don’t know how many people out there want to help. In case there are too many people joining, flooding the flow of work, and make a large group that is hard to manage, we will pick from the people we get portfolios from.

*Remark: Voice Actors Audition and Recruitment has Slight Variations

Submission email should contain:

• Your brief introduction of yourself.
  • Your reason you want to join.
  • Your 3 Choices in roles.
  • Your portfolio/reference/links of your past experiences.
  • Your available times to work on this project during July/ August (amount of hours per week).

Make sure you send the submission to volibot1@gmail.com before the Stage 1 Deadline!

i repeat the Email address is: volibot1@gmail.com

remember to include everything required from the list. :lotus:

Stage 1: (now - 24/06/2018 23:59 UTC +8)

We will accept all portfolios/references/links of what you have done in the past that support your desired role in the team from anyone. Each person can maximum apply for 3 of the choices, and please list them from the most desired as 1 to the least desired of the 3 choice. Remember to support your choices with related portfolios/references/links.

Any submission of choices after Deadline (24/06/2018 23:59 UTC +8), will be considered last and may not even be consisted if the chosen role has enough number of people.

Stage 2: (25/06/2018 00:00 UTC +8 – 30/06/2018 23:59 UTC +8)

Your submission will be now viewed by me and key members of the team to make a judgement on accepting your role or not. You will receive an email on whether you were accepted or not. If you are rejected, a simple explanation or reasoning will be given on why. Once accepted, you will receive an invite code to a discord server dedicated to the production and you were expected to read and reply constantly to keep the team flowing.

Voice actors will follow a different path here. If you are a promising voice cast, we will send you a script to you and expect you to reply with a (Video/sound) recording on the given script within the next 7 days from the day you receive the email of reply. Any kind of voice editing will count you as dis-qualify, we will judge on raw recording, so don’t worry. if you are selected, you will receive an email of the result and an invite code to a discord server dedicated to the production and you were expected to read and reply constantly to keep the team flowing.

Stage 3: (01/07/2018 00:00 UTC +8 – 07/07/2018 23:59 UTC +8)

Gap time for the remaining submissions and voice actors’ audition replies. Any new submission from [01/07/2018 00:00 UTC +8] onwards will be counted as replacement options or emergency subs. There will not be any replies on your submissions, unless you are needed.

Accepted members will began productions from this point onwards until we complete the project.

Well, Best of Luck to anyone! Anyone is possible, but remember, you need at least some references to let me know what you can do.:laugh:

Edited by VoliOsnowong
The text is black, and the background is also black

10 minutes ago, PhantomThiefOfHearts said:

making a warframe series would mean making some "renowned" tenno's

meaning uncreative people will infest the game with their copies

lets NOT

If only they can copy something that isnt in the game customization. be positive. 

2 minutes ago, Logan_Burns2 said:

Wish I could apply, but I would only be good for voice acting and I would not be able to do international travel :(

I don't think international travel is required, and if so, that wouldn't be a smart move at all considering most of the community is based in America and Canada. You'll probably just have to send voice files.

10 hours ago, VoliOsnowong said:

Basic informations on the production of this project.

Headquarters will be located in Hong Kong, China (UTC +8), all informations will be discussed on Discord. During production, team members can join voice chats to exchange ideas to each other. If you are far away from the time zone, ie, you are in USA (12 hours delay), dont worry, because there will be chat history to refer to.

Everything is discussed on discord during production, files and documents are sent through email or Google drive @Logan_Burns2

@VoliOsnowong For the sound files of voice acting, do you count cleaning as editing? (i.e not altering the voice, but basic noise removers like hisses and hums from backgrounds. I record about one script a week, and I can't afford an audio studio, so I clean the soundfile with a pair of programms for my own content)

Edited by Morkislair

@VoliOsnowong For the sound files of voice acting, do you count cleaning as editing? (i.e not altering the voice, but basic noise removers like hisses and hums from backgrounds. I record about one script a week, and I can't afford an audio studio, so I clean the soundfile with a pair of programms for my own content)

16 hours ago, Morkislair said:

Cleaning is cleaning, Editing is editing. However if you do need to clean your Audio file due to BG noise, it is fine. but do send the original (uncleaned file) and the cleaned one together and mark down which is which. I do not wise to see people with Potential loses their chances due to some external factors. 

When the time comes for Audition, do remember to pay attention to the process. (Also, if you are going for Voice acting, you need to submit an email before stage 1 ends (24/6/2018)

57 minutes ago, IronGamer77 said:

i'am intresting to working for the sound and montage

and i would prefer that the art style be like "sword art online" because kora is consideret as a cartoon not anime

But The Legend of Korra and Sword Art Online have roughly similar art styles, and even so, how does something not being an anime change the fact that it has an anime art style?

il y a 10 minutes, (PS4)ArtPrince17 a dit :

But The Legend of Korra and Sword Art Online have roughly similar art styles, and even so, how does something not being an anime change the fact that it has an anime art style?

you are very wrong the key visual and the color palette and the shape of the characters and the key lighting are not the same the only thing that is close to the two is the animation combat

Edited by IronGamer77