Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Operation: Plague Star Meteorite Spotted on the Plains of Eidolon!

aidan890

Operation: Plague Star is returning on PC from April 5th to April 17!

OperationPlagueStar_Keyart.png

Attention Tenno! Ostron scouts have reported that the Plague Star has once again made impact on the Plains of Eidolon! Please review this handy guide/FAQ for all the info you need on this returning Operation. 

Also, as a friendly upfront update, your Operational Supply Standing from the last occurrence of Operation: Plague Star is still all intact.  When Operation: Plague Star ended last, we had included the following in our FAQ:

"Will my earned Standing in the Operational Supply Syndicate carry forward?"
No, your Standing will not carry forward so be sure to spend it all while you can!  

However, we have decided to instead allow all players to maintain their previous Operational Supply Standing balances! Please go visit Nakak in Cetus to start trading in your accrued Standing from the last Operation: Plague Star! 

Operation: Plague Star
Rally your Squad and defend the Plains of Eidolon!

A mysterious meteorite has crashed just outside of Cetus revealing a horrific boil. The boil is growing and the Ostrons have sighted infested lifeforms emerging from it. We need to act now before they make their way to Cetus.

Konzu has received reports that Vay Hek possesses a toxin that can destroy the boil. But Vay Hek won’t help; he sees this infested boil as a means to rid the Plains of Cetus and the Ostrons.

We need to get ahold of the toxin and destroy the boil before it becomes unstoppable. Visit Konzu in Cetus to learn his plan for retrieving the toxin from Vay Hek.   

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
Konzu has a Plague Star Specific Bounty for you. Completing the series of Bounty Missions will earn you continued OPERATION STANDING to shop for all the Event Rewards! You should to speak to Konzu at Cetus to begin running the Plague Star Bounty!   

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The Plague Star Bounty starts with enemies in the Medium difficulty range, but you can increase the stakes. The more Bounties you complete, the more standing you earn toward something new: Operation Syndicate! NAKAK, the oddities vendor, represents the OPERATIONAL SUPPLY Syndicate for Operation: Plague Star! The Rewards NAKAK holds to exchange for standing aren't just vanity - some allow you to increase the stakes to earn more!

EVENT REWARDS!
Much like the way we used a token system for the Ambulas Reborn event, we have taken that idea one step further. REMINDER: NAKAK, the oddities vendor, represents the OPERATIONAL SUPPLY Syndicate for Operation: Plague Star!

Visit NAKAK with earned standing to choose your Operation Rewards! 

PLAGUE STAR SPECIFIC:

EIDOLON PHYLAXIS: Equip to earn more standing and make the event harder levels!
Infested Zaw Components!
Event Emblem!
Infested Zaw Exodia 

RETURNING:
Ether Daggers
Snipetron
Fulmination Mod
Sacrifice Mod

GENERAL:
CETUS items are available for purchase with Operation Standing!

CLAN SCORING & REWARDS:
INFESTED CATALYST: Summon Hemocyte for rewards & a higher score! Defeating Hemocyte houses 6 Hunter Set Mods!
HUNTER SET MODS: Drop from the summoning of HEMOCYTES. Infested Catalyst are required for these!
Hunter Adrenaline
Hunter Command
Hunter Munitions
Hunter Recovery
Hunter Synergy
Hunter Track

Once again, you will be able to use your Hemocyte Cystolith to build Operation trophies for your Dojo! As before, the required Cystolith costs will depend on the size of your Clan. The trophy costs for a Ghost Clan are as follows: Terracota 10, Bronze 25, Silver 50, Gold 100. 

Requirements for a Shadow Clan are x3, Storm Clans are x10, Mountain Clans x30, and Moon Clans x100. 

SCORING SPECIFICS:
Please note that a default run earns 1000 Operational Syndicate Standing.
Each used Infested Catalyst is worth an additional 250 (4 max).
Each used Eidolon Phylaxis is worth an additional 250 (4 max).

This means a Solo Player bringing 4 of each can earn 3000 independently, or a squad of 4 with one each can also earn 3000.

FAQ:

“How do I participate in Operation Plague Star?”
Operation Plague Star can be accessed by speaking with Konzu in Cetus. The first Bounty listed in his menu will be “Operation Plague Star.”

“Where do I turn in my Operational Supply?”
Operational Supply earned from completing Operation Plague Star can be turned in to Nakak, Cetus’ oddities vendor by selecting “Operational Supply.”

“Does my daily Standing cap affect my Operational Supply gain?”
No, the Operational Supply earned in the event is not affected by your daily cap.

“How do I summon Hemocyte to earn the Hunter Mod Set?”
The Hemocyte enemy can be spawned by mixing the “Infested Catalyst” into the toxin during Stage 2 of the bounty. The “Infested Catalyst” can be crafted after Researching the reusable blueprint found in your Dojo’s Bio Lab. Make sure you equip it in your Gear tab!

“How do I use the Eidolon Phylaxis to increase my Standing gain?”
The Eidolon Phylaxis can be mixed into the toxin during stage 2 of the bounty to increase its lethality and increase your Standing gain. They can be crafted using a reusable blueprint available for purchase once you reach the “Collaborator” rank (rank 1) in the Operational Supply Syndicate. Make sure you equip it in your Gear tab!

“Will I be able to build the Trophies for this Operation if I missed them the first time?”
Yep! You will be able to build the Clan Trophies with your existing and newly earned Hemocyte Cystolith.

“Are any items event exclusive?”
Nope! Rewards in Operation Plague Star will return in future events. This means that the Infested Zaw parts will be re-obtainable in future events.

“Can my Clan build a the Operation Trophies after the event ends?”
Yes! You are able to craft the trophies indefinitely so long as you possess an adequate amount of the Hemocyte Cystolith.

"Is my progress/rank in the Operational Supply Syndicate saved?"
Yes, your rank in the Operational Supply Syndicate will be saved when the event ends and is carried forward.

“Has my Operational Supply Standing been saved from the last Operation: Plague Star?”
It has! We have decided to keep all player’s Operational Supply Standing fully intact form wherever they last left off in Operation: Plague Star!

Thanks Tenno! Go splatter some Hemocyte guts around the Plains!

Just now, JekyllVIII said:

someone can tell me what to do with nakak i don't understand? :p

Hey Tenno! When you run the Plague Star Bounties you will receive Operational Supply Standing, this is similar to Ostron Standing but it can only be turned in to Nakak for exclusive rewards. Visit her after running the event a few times to cash in!

13 minutes ago, Prophet said:

Players have expressed concern over the Plague Star Trophies returning.

Can we have a discussion with the developers on this topic?

Since the Hemocyte Cystolith was used to craft trophies for this Operation, unlike past events where a score was used to award a trophy, we didn't want the extra earned Hemocyte Cystolith to now be useless. Also, we have stated quite a few times this year in streams and elsewhere that we are in the process of testing out the waters for Clan systems/Operations so we are trying something new here. As always, feedback on the issue is appreciated!

On 04.04.2018 at 5:38 PM, [DE]Aidan said:

Once again, you will be able to use your Hemocyte Cystolith to build Operation trophies for your Dojo!

On 04.04.2018 at 5:38 PM, [DE]Aidan said:

“Will I be able to build the Trophies for this Operation if I missed them the first time?”
Nope, with this iteration of Operation: Plague Star, trophies will not be returning as only original participants are eligible to construct these items.

So, yes or no?

@[DE]Aidan Have you fixed the bounty rotation this time or are we going to end up with the same set of rewards on every run... I kind of have enough naramon lenses...

Also I kind of agree on that the statues should be first event only too like others are saying...

9 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Since the Hemocyte Cystolith was used to craft trophies for this Operation, unlike past events where a score was used to award a trophy, we didn't want the extra earned Hemocyte Cystolith to now be useless. Also, we have stated quite a few times this year in streams and elsewhere that we are in the process of testing out the waters for Clan systems/Operations so we are trying something new here. As always, feedback on the issue is appreciated!

Can we get a chance to get the ignis wraith bp research again please? Would love to have it in my new clan as my old one was only a few of us in then the leader quit so we started our own clan.

1 minute ago, Myscho said:

So Nakkak standing which i obtain before (event premiere) is reseted to 0 or not ?

Also, as a friendly upfront update, your Operational Supply Standing from the last occurrence of Operation: Plague Star is still all intact.  When Operation: Plague Star ended last, we had included the following in our FAQ:

"Will my earned Standing in the Operational Supply Syndicate carry forward?"
No, your Standing will not carry forward so be sure to spend it all while you can!  

However, we have decided to instead allow all players to maintain their previous Operational Supply Standing balances! Please go visit Nakak in Cetus to start trading in your accrued Standing from the last Operation: Plague Star! 

36 minutes ago, JekyllVIII said:

someone can tell me what to do with nakak i don't understand? :p

She's the event salesperson. Get Event Standing by running the Operation Mission, and go to her to buy the Event Rewards you want.

1 hour ago, [DE]Aidan said:

While I can see the concern of Hemocyte Cystolith not being used, alternative content could have been made to have the Cystolith be invested in, whether via clan research, or by event blueprints. Will there be a feature to track how many statues have been built during each event, for bragging rights and keeping track of how long clan has been around/activity?

The Ignis Wraith has been a hotly debated topic, and many clans are wondering when this extremely exclusive event reward (and solar rail tech) will become available again. Hearing word on new clan events is also something curious players wanting new endgame content are waiting for. I propose that the Ignis Wraith could be available for clan research, and requiring Hemocyte Cystolith to be used as a resource cost. Or new weapons that have the Cystolith as a build cost.

Archived