Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #109: Scheduled for April 13!

[DE]Rebecca

wtb khora stop delaying before 2019

wtb umbra stop delaying before 2020

where is khora! Kitty is starving to death... i might as well let my kavat prime dies... khora my sorrow... -dead-

*pray for next update in 22.18.0*

Hopefully there will be some information about the Sacrifice quest. I don't expect any details about the lore of the quest off but at least some progress update other than "we are working on it" (no offence) and at least a rough ETA will suffice seeing as that it has been 4 month since we last saw Lotus. Also an update on the clan kingpin system would be nice

Quick Fact: Friday The 13th is superstitious because on that day in October 1307, thousands of members of the Knights Templar were arrested, tortured and executed because their immense wealth and power, and secretive initiation rites, threatened the rulers of Europe and the authority of the Pope.

Things I would like to see announcements for in the next stream:

-Endless Kuva scaling so that it's actually endless and not "20 minutes and bounce to restart because it's not worth staying"

-Khora release date

-Xandy Pant's suggestions to fix the damage system from Joey Zero's show will be integrated (or something very similar that makes puncture and magnetic worthwhile)

-Literally any alt skin for Nidus (as well as a worthwhile nidus augment that actually does something that matters and isn't a waste of a mod slot, and maybe even a nidus noggle... why is nidus always skipped over in these things?)

-an infested archwing (why is this STILL not a thing?)

- high speed ship combat missions (ie flight simulator game mode, thinking like starfox but you mod and arm your ship similar to frames in the arsenal) and other drastically different game modes in general for more gameplay variety.   The basic framework for this is already there in archwing, you'll just need to add some maps and enemies plus a boss or two, some mods and blue prints.  Adding something like ship combat in could also add a "layer" to future raids where you fight your way to (or out of) the drop zone in your ship first to then fight through the raid.  This would make more "substance" for future raids without needing them to be gimmicky with switch pads and triggers.  

This would allow for different phases of a raid such as:

Fly in ship combat through military blockade, archwing to board ship carrier ship, warframe to fight through ship to an enemy dropship, to arch plains approach of facility (hybrid arch/warframe like PoE), to warframe in facility assault vs boss.    That would make raids also behind a wall of having a ship built up enough.  Slap a node on each planet for ship combat that you can unlock after second dream to build up your ships and then you have raids with a bar for entry that also relies on having different things in the game leveled appropriately and challenges the player to use different skill sets.  Then you can mix and match various types of challenges in there so the raid isn't the same thing twice so that players have to be prepared for anything like arch interception followed by defense to survival to boss fight to ship combat objective A, B or C, or whatever, making sure that the raids aren't a slog of memorizing switches, but instead are challenges of the players being able to synergize and adapt with a single load out.  With things being dynamic like that, no one frame would be the meta either, because a single frame/arch/ship setup has to work in different roles it may or may not be suited to.

By having four different phases about 10-15 min each you have a raid that is run in about an hour's time which is just about the perfect commitment of time for 4-8 people.  Plus a bunch of maps and tile sets are already made for a good chunk of missions.

When will we see the return of Lato Vandal, and Braton Vandal?

Will they be lumped in with the classic/modern skins of Lato and Bronco, showed off on an earlier devstream?

Can you add Operator suits and hoods based on the Syndicates?

Can you fix the language filter in game so it doesn't think "Balla" (The Zaw strike) is an offensive word?

I'm a huge fan of melee combat, and warframe having fully viable melee combat is what drew me to this game in the first place.

But as more enemies are appearing that can only reliably be damaged by hitting weakpoints, I've been wanting a melee that could actually AIM at these weakpoints.

Aerial attacks work a bit, but don't do nearly enough damage  for the long "cooldown" between attacks.

Thrown melee weapons require clunky charge attacks.

However, there are 2 distant glimmers of hope.

The melee rework DE spoke of a devstream ago.

and Sigma Octantis.

However, the melee rework seems more focused on making Stances better suited for crowds of enemies, so that's uncertain.

And, at least for me, I still have ~5 months before I can finally get Sigma Octantis.

So, I'd be very interested in any information towards Melee-revamps ideas and direction, and Daily-tribute Tracks.

TL;DR:

I'd like info on Daily tribute tracks, Melee rework, and/or Melee VS Weakpoints.

On 8.4.2018 at 5:32 AM, Dhashruman said:

Hopefully there will be some information about the Sacrifice quest. I don't expect any details about the lore of the quest off but at least some progress update other than "we are working on it" (no offence) and at least a rough ETA will suffice seeing as that it has been 4 month since we last saw Lotus. Also an update on the clan kingpin system would be nice

Only update we got was from steve secretly in his twitter. Which was basicly they have it mostly finnished but the are still working on enemies and whatever, but even then no ETA.

I hear Pet 2.0 is coming. And going from the not-so-cryptic tweet, are we going to be able to breed them? I mean, 1+1=3, right? 

Also, for Steve, why are you making the new UI look like Destiny? I feel like that's not a great idea, given the rep Destiny has right now.

Hey DE, I just have a somewhat long winded question in regards to your older soundtracks back in the early days of Warframe such as Drums of War, The Coming Storm, Ancient Systems, In the Shadow of the Tower and my personal favorite of the older ost's The Clash of Metal. I'm curious as to whether or not you have considered reintroducing the soundtracks and giving them audio touch-ups, it would be wonderful to hear Keith Powers audio talent to vastly improve some of the older soundtracks to a much more rich and refined Warframe.

I would really like to hear something regarding shield gating, kingpins, sortie tokens. 

And i assume that corpus raid was scrapped completely. 

Some minor question about more diverse zaw parts: scythes, catanas, nunchucks? And many other. Or will we see such parts on Venus? 

Last question: how will Ostron interact with Venus citizens? Will we have to grind from scratch to get goodies, will we be able to combine zaw parts? Will there be new kind of "feathers"?

Archived