Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Steve

Drop Tables 2.0

Say, could you guys implement a special way of killing an enemy to increase the odds of a mod dropping?

Stealth kills would work.

Or the Bane of XX mods could be made into dual-stat loot buffs for the respective faction when killed with the equipped weapon.

Alternatively, you could add a consumable/craftable timed loot buff. You need more consumables anyway...

Failing that, a brand new mechanic could be implemented or something.

Mod hunting could be kind of like catching a Pokemon or something.

You see a Heavy Gunner and get all excited, but there's still a chance you could screw it up and let your rare mod slip away.

Edited by Lumireaver
  • Upvote 3

New: Per-enemy table, meaning higher level enemies drop better mods?  

OR

Chargers drop mods A, B & C, Leapers drop mods X, Y & Z, etc?

I'm wondering this as well.

Steve, I hope you know how perfect that Titans/Olympians analogy is.

Already I can feel the stirrings. Adherents to the Old Ways will try to resurrect their crusty lords. We cannot let them succeed!

• Upvote 1

Please explain to me, how the F*** Fusion Cores don't drop all weekend? Math is very simple. Someone entered 0's all the way across the board for fusion cores before leaving on Friday.  How many Fusion Packs did you sell this weekend? :D

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the update Steve. I hope this gets resolved quickly and without incident.

Edited by GettinCocky

Interesting... now we need the loot table for every single enemy :D

I chose you DataMiners and WikiWorkers!

EDIT: Scrap that. UI that updates automatically when you loot stuff is way better :)

Please make it that the UI shows undiscovered drops for each enemy so we know what enemies still have unknown drops. And add a progress bar! That way we collectors can have fun collecting everything :)

btw. has the way actual drops are determined changed as well? Did it get some Alert-RNG love where a item has a higher chance to drop the longer it didnt drop? To ensure every item drops for sure. Because I would like that :)

Edited by Gekker
  • Upvote 15

Please explain to me, how the **** Fusion Cores don't drop all weekend? Math is very simple. Someone entered 0's all the way across the board for fusion cores before leaving on Friday.  How many Fusion Packs did you sell this weekend? :D

Math is simple, hundreds of loot table entries, less simple. To be honest, this is going to make for less grind (the point of changing it) and counter to what you're implying.

I'm sorry about the screw ups - we will have it fixed ASAP so the Fusion Core rain begins anew.

• Upvote 30

Honestly I would rather they fixed the missing mod/mod configuration bug first. These drop rates mean nothing to me currently since no mod saves

• Upvote 2

Honestly I would rather they fixed the missing mod/mod configuration bug first. These drop rates mean nothing to me currently since no mod saves

Sorry you got this - I hotfixed the servers on Saturday to avoid making it worse and we did a big pass on accounts affected that finished around noon. This was a nasty/scary because of the db.

It was done first, for sure.

• Upvote 4

Please explain to me, how the F*** Fusion Cores don't drop all weekend? Math is very simple. Someone entered 0's all the way across the board for fusion cores before leaving on Friday.  How many Fusion Packs did you sell this weekend? :D

Picture this. It's 12:30AM, you want more coffee but you ran out three hours ago. You've just finished writing up the system that enables you to assign individual loot tables to dozens of enemies, but you're falling asleep. You rig up a decent looking table, then Ctrl+V it across almost everything. You accidentally made it rain blueprints, and omitted fusion cores, but that's alright because you've already finished the system...

...then you browse the forums and everyone is coming up with conspiracy theories and crazy accusations. 

• Upvote 22

So are you making it so that it's easier to find rarer mods from higher level enemies or will it be like PSO where each enemy has a set list of drops and if we want say, a Hell's Chamber we're gonna have to hope that a Grineer Napalm drops it?

Sorry you got this - I hotfixed the servers on Saturday to avoid making it worse and we did a big pass on accounts affected that finished around noon. This was a nasty/scary because of the db.It was done first, for sure.

It happens. I haven't played today so I didn't know you fixed it. Also love how when you quote posts with censored words they become uncensored

• Upvote 2

This explains the recent overflow of Reach, Ammo Drum, and Slash Dash. Hopefully this means I can get Split Chamber now...since I hate farming Defense.

• Upvote 1

-Proper attenuation for harder enemies dropping rarer stuff.

It's about time.

Thanks I guess...

• Upvote 2

Steve, you reply so calmly to some pretty incendiary posts. I don't know if I'd be able to do that.

(Good reason I'm not in PR)

Anyway, the big thing I've noticed is rare mats like control modules or orokin cells seem to drop pretty frequently from defense missions. I'd guess it's because low drop chance per enemy combined with lots of enemies ends up with a higher chance overall.

Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by FancyRaptor
  • Upvote 6