The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Total Eclipse change?

Kauzuko

Probably wont happen but could Total Eclipse be changed so it gives both passives at the same time. my only issue with the skill is that on PoE its random even if the sun is still out you get damage reduction and at night you sometimes you get damage. i feel it would make more sense to make the mod negate the effect instead of sharing with nearby allies to give you both effects at the same time. This will probably be completely shut down but, I really dont see any point in the augment for a solo player perspective.

Never hurts to give feedback

This will get shot down because some people tend to not understand that we'd just rather not have the buff  at all instead of just getting one a random one you know? I wish that if we casted under a certain light source the buff would stay (light or dark) instead of switching as we run through the map.

ps. many people's argument will be " oh !! but both of mirage's buffs are good so either way it doesnt matter what you want". I've seen some many mirage threads go down because of these people.

Edited by Trickst3rGawd

26 minutes ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

This will get shot down because some people tend to not understand that we'd just rather not have the buff  at all instead of just getting one a random one you know? I wish that if we casted under a certain light source the buff would stay (light or dark) instead of switching as we run through the map.

ps. many people's argument will be " oh !! but both of mirage's buffs are good so either way it doesnt matter what you want". I've seen some many mirage threads go down because of these people.

1. To your first point. thats why Total Eclipse should fix the issue of (Light and Dark) both at the same time giving both buffs matter where you are on the map

2.I get both buffs are good but so is Rhinos Iron Skin and Roar whats the difference? i mean Chroma is also a Damage Tank and the thing that neither of these guys share with mirage is they dont need augments their kits fix the problems for them but it would be nice to put Mirage on their level by giving her a fighting shot with an augment.

Isn't that what augments are for? to change the flow of combat for your warframe with its abilites? i dont want to stand in place being a buff for my team with mirage i want to be able to move and kill with her i dont feel her place is to be a buffer even rhinos roar has a bigger range and chroma has ward so it last the full duration on a teammate without standing near it i feel like total eclipse needs to be change and is outdated 

Edited by Kauzuko
grammer

id say getting both buffs at a lower strength would be fair, or like, getting both buffs, but only getting full strength on the buff for which you are in the light level for, would also be a good compromise. but yes, id agree. i also dont like the rng light aspect of eclipse. kind of makes me dislike playing mirage, overall.

8 minutes ago, Anti_The_Psycho said:

id say getting both buffs at a lower strength would be fair, or like, getting both buffs, but only getting full strength on the buff for which you are in the light level for, would also be a good compromise. but yes, id agree. i also dont like the rng light aspect of eclipse. kind of makes me dislike playing mirage, overall.

They could address that by energy color making it so you get the full buff from warm bright colors for damage or dark cold colors for the damage reduction. and I agree with you this would make mirage feel more playable instead of an RNG mess for her 3 

2 hours ago, Kauzuko said:

1. To your first point. thats why Total Eclipse should fix the issue of (Light and Dark) both at the same time giving both buffs matter where you are on the map

2.I get both buffs are good but so is Rhinos Iron Skin and Roar whats the difference? i mean Chroma is also a Damage Tank and the thing that neither of these guys share with mirage is they dont need augments their kits fix the problems for them but it would be nice to put Mirage on their level by giving her a fighting shot with an augment.

Isn't that what augments are for? to change the flow of combat for your warframe with its abilites? i dont want to stand in place being a buff for my team with mirage i want to be able to move and kill with her i dont feel her place is to be a buffer even rhinos roar has a bigger range and chroma has ward so it last the full duration on a teammate without standing near it i feel like total eclipse needs to be change and is outdated 

I'm literally agreeing with you that it should be looked at but I was just letting you know that  I've seen threads like these get shot down because of toxic players.

1 hour ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

I'm literally agreeing with you that it should be looked at but I was just letting you know that  I've seen threads like these get shot down because of toxic players.

Yeah I know :) I was just putting my responses to those no salt your way my friend 

Just my take on what needs to happen.

You don't have to read it if you don't want to, but I've been talking about Mirage's problems before her prime dropped in hopes that DE would fix some problems, but nah. I'm wishfully thinking again that they might do something with her during this spring cleaning they have going on, but I'm not counting on it. I think a big change with Mirage will only come with DE's new lighting system they're working on, until then just play the waiting game.

8 hours ago, deliciousdoobmaster69 said:

Just my take on what needs to happen.

You don't have to read it if you don't want to, but I've been talking about Mirage's problems before her prime dropped in hopes that DE would fix some problems, but nah. I'm wishfully thinking again that they might do something with her during this spring cleaning they have going on, but I'm not counting on it. I think a big change with Mirage will only come with DE's new lighting system they're working on, until then just play the waiting game.

I actually did go through your post and I agree with a lot of points especially with her being able to control the light around her I think it would be a good idea then to have the augment like Total Eclipse being changed so she can use both or select which one she wants to use and I think they did add the Gem part of Sleight of Hand Gem change so maybe they are reading I hope DE is reading this stuff. Also for people who are still complaining about the damage reduction i dont see them complaining about Oberon who can literally give the whole team a flat 500 Armor, 100 Health Regen, and even add an Augment [Phoenix Renewal} to ignore being downed. so even if they allow mirage to just have both effects to share with the team at a range i still think it would be better then just a "Random" Buff or the way i see it a Non usable Augment

since DE are working on the game lighting effects im hoping they will properly have a re look at mirage since they kinda completely ignored her wen her prime released itll be nice to get a new augment thatll give both buffs, a tweak thatll automatically give both buffs but maybe at a weaker state for the dmg reduction, or atleast just make it a pure dmg ability. i kno itll be good way to survive by going into the shadows but honestly no one is looking to tank as mirage just let us do constant dmg which is kind of her job ._.

Personally, I will recommend potentially changing prism by allowing it to change the environment to light / dark based on energy color (or maybe even allowing it to be a switch type ability like ivara's 1st).
2 benefits of doing so: 
1) her prism will finally be more useful on a regular basis in normal missions (and not just when you want to constantly lockdown an entire room with blind cc) and
2) it will make it easier to control whether you want dmg buff or reduction buff (which is probably what some people doesn't like about that ability)

personally as someone who likes mirage, I will disagree with having both buffs at the same time. A 3-500% damage buff is strong (yes, I know it can go higher, but usually most people only keep it at that), coupled with 95% damage reduction is over the board for 1 ability. Even if we are to say... tone it down such that its effect is weakened, I will like to remind you that it doesn't require much power strength to hit the 95% cap.

To "fix" total eclipse, my suggestion would be to increase its base range as well as make it so that teammates are only required to be nearby at cast. I think most people will agree that having to literally stand next to her the entire time so that they can benefit from the buff is rather annoying and does not suite warframe's "hopping all over the place" playstyle