Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star Trophy

Prophet

With the return of the Plague Star Event, the clan trophy for the event should not be available except for the first event. This should be because of all the previous events, and the trophies earned by clans in previous events. Hemocyte Fragments needed to build the clan trophies, and the ability to farm the resources for these trophies are a mechanic that will not be healthy to clan and community members because of the grind and farming needed to compete with other clans to make their trophies. 

Summary: Plague Star clan trophies should not be accessible with future Plague Star events in order to protect the integrity of previous clan events and clan trophies.

Once upon a time when clan trophies were only for the top 3 clans on each tier... but then these became available for any clan reaching certain goal... and then leaderboards were removed. Similar thing for event rewards, things ranging fronqraith and vandal weapons to bare cosmetics like the glaxion polar skin have already been brought back. I don't see how awful could it be if DE suddenly decided that Plague Star and any future event will have the trophies available every single time. I personally don't care as long as the trophies obtained with actual effort remain exclusive to clans that got them.

You have yours so everyone else shouldn't have a chance to get it?

Also - why are you competing with other clans to make statues? Aren't they just for show, clanmates contributing Hemocyte to build the better statues?

Just now, peterc3 said:

It's just like the trophies from previous events, it shows that "we were here for the first/only run of this"

Adding them again would invalidate the message they're supposed to represent.

1 minute ago, --Q--Stryker said:

It's just like the trophies from previous events, it shows that "we were here for the first/only run of this"

I can see the complaints players have against distribution methods, but trophies should be dedicated to the players and clans that were around when the event should be released.

Just now, --Q--Stryker said:

Then use the new time in the same event to make even more statues?

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Then use the new time in the same event to make even more statues?

Or maybe they can just run the event again with the regular rewards and not add the statues. If they hand out rewards to people who complain loud it enough they mean nothing.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Stryker said:

Or maybe they can just run the event again with the regular rewards and not add the statues. If they hand out rewards to people who complain loud it enough they mean nothing.

Right. This is all assuming the statues are even coming back. Not even remotely a given, I would assume you agree.

Are you aware of OPs assertion where clans have to fight over making trophies? Does that make any sense?

I'm eh on it.  Not overly competitive myself, so I honestly don't care if someone gets the same thing I did for less work.

But I can say that with how hard my clan members worked to get 1 of every statue, rereleasing the statues without any changes is a bit...sour tasting.

Maybe only allow terracotta level statues for event returns?

14 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

with things that aren't a part of Gameplay and supposedly exist strictly for being a well.... trophy of the Event then.... yes?
that's what Event Trophies or Event Cosmetics (not ones you access early, ones that are created and themed for just that Event) exist for in the first place. a denotion of veterancy. 

granted it's also true that the denotions of veterancy have been turned into filling bars rather than Trophies for pushing the hardest in such an Event - but that's a different matter.

Just now, MagPrime said:

I'm eh on it.  Not overly competitive myself, so I honestly don't care if someone gets the same thing I did for less work.

But I can say that with how hard my clan members worked to get 1 of every statue, rereleasing the statues without any changes is a bit...sour tasting.

Maybe only allow terracotta level statues for event returns?

I feel that allowing the lowest level statue would be an acceptable compromise, allowing for a light farm, and it would not put any stress on clan members. I know a lot of players have farmed hundreds of the resource needed.

3 minutes ago, zNightWolfz said:

made all 4 statues last time

Nothing wrong with them bringing it back again ..

it wasnt like it it was hard to get either didnt take long at all...

i just want some of the arcane's from it again

Some clans had actually made dozens of the Gold Statue. I can imagine the salt and pain that would come from the players that farmed that much.

Edited by Prophet

I have 3 Hymocyths left to kill so I can complete my second gold statue & I believe they shouldn't return.

As others have stated the Statues are there to represent your participation in previous first releases of operations & if they return, well you can add it to the list of Veteran level rewards that have had the significance of their acquisition reduced. 

// For those who want to run with "Well you got it first, now let newer players acquire them" comment, are you serious with that S#&$? Why even make the rewards in the first place if you're just going to chuck at every baby who cries. 

5 minutes ago, Lord said:

Give the trophies the good ol treatment of event emblems, given only to the people who participated in the first release of the event.

But then what about the Stratos Emblem, and the Plague Star Emblem.

Edited by Prophet

vor einer Stunde schrieb Prophet:

With the return of the Plague Star Event, the clan trophy for the event should not be available except for the first event. This should be because of all the previous events, and the trophies earned by clans in previous events. Hemocyte Fragments needed to build the clan trophies, and the ability to farm the resources for these trophies are a mechanic that will not be healthy to clan and community members because of the grind and farming needed to compete with other clans to make their trophies. 

Summary: Plague Star clan trophies should not be accessible with future Plague Star events in order to protect the integrity of previous clan events and clan trophies.

Seriously, who cares about the trophies? Most of your dojo visitors will look at the trade screen only and leave again.

Have it your way or not, for the most players it won't matter at all. It's about the Plague Strikes and Exodias!

Just now, Toran said:

Seriously, who cares about the trophies? Most of your dojo visitors will look at the trade screen only and leave again.

Have it your way or not, for the most players it won't matter at all. It's about the Plague Strikes and Exodias!

Sure give us the zaws and arcanes, not to mention easily accessible Eidolon gems. The players that care about the trophies are the players that farmed hundred of the resources. The result of it would most likely be burnout, and they would be upset that their hard work for something unique would have no meaning. If this is your argument, then we should just do away with dojos and clans altogether.

Gerade eben schrieb Prophet:

Sure give us the zaws and arcanes, not to mention easily accessible Eidolon gems. The players that care about the trophies are the players that farmed hundred of the resources. The result of it would most likely be burnout, and they would be upset that their hard work for something unique would have no meaning. If this is your argument, then we should just do away with dojos and clans altogether.

It already has no meaning, only the meaning you give to it. That is the core of my argument. You obviously give a lot to it, zealously arguing about an event that hasn't even happened yet.

Our Two-Men Ghost Clan only cares about the functionalities of the Dojo, that's reflected by its spartanic but aesthetic design. We don't envy you, or others, any of your golden cherubs.