Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vigor

bobingabout

Okay, I know this isn't a section for mod feedback, but I couldn't find one and this is about a mod for a frame so...

Vigor is crap, I just spent half an hour writing a pretty good breakdown of WHY, them my computer crashed as I finished before I could post it... wonderful

in short:

point 1. Why is this not a D polarity mod? ALL other defensive mods are D polarity, both those that help with health and shields, and those that help with resistances, ALL D polarity.

I personally add a D slot to every frame, just for Redirection or Vitality, whichever is best for the task at hand, Replacing those mods with this one would be pointless, because my D slot would become pointless(unless I use something like marathon or quick rest, which I use purely for speed runs)

point 2. The effect is not worth the cost. at rank 0, assuming you're starting on a reasonably low level frame, or just don't have a super charge, 6 points for +20% and +20%...

Redirection cost 4 and Vitality costs 2 for +40% each, that's half the effect for the same cost.

Okay, the max is +120% and +120% for a cost of 11.

Rank 2 Vitality costs 4 for +120%, rank 2 Redirection costs 6 for +120%.

Thats +120% and +120% for a cost of 10. STILL CHEAPER THAN VIGOR!

Kind of makes it pointless, doesn't it?

Solutions:

1. Change it to a D polarity. Reduce the base cost from 6 to 4, increase the effect from +20% to +25%.

2. Change it to a D polarity, Increase the effect from +20% to +30%.

I did calculations as to WHY it should be those numbers, but I'm not typing it all out again >.<

Edited by bobingabout

I agree that it should be a d slot just like the other defensive mods but it should still keep it's original cost since it does have both effects. I personally think it should be 30% base to counter it's high cost, but that's just me.

Just put Max'd Vigor on my Rhino

Along with max'd Redirection (440%), near to max Vitality (360%) and Thrak Helmet...

1290 Shield, 805 HP, 150 Armor, Iron Skin

BUAHAHAH i feel its weight now

Man, I gotta try that out.

Back on topic:

So Vigor is fixed.

Case....

Closed?