Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back trials

Gandergear

I don't think it's that no one cared, its that not enough people ran them or had access to them vs the amount of bugs and fixes people who did run them demanded be fixed. And correct me if i'm wrong.. it felt like every single patch DE put out broke something in trials that they had to hotfix later, as well as compete with people intentionally trying to exploit certain bugs, holes in the landscape, or just cheese through them anyway. 

People cared. Not me though. I hated them because I run with 1-3 people. Never had a 4 man group to do it so I always had to pug and i hated it. 

I'm sure DE would much rather move the raid content that can be moved to other areas, and rework the areas that need to be reworked as they do it, rather than just keep fixing something that constantly keeps breaking for them

27 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

No one who cared wanted them removed and those who didnt care still wont when theyre back.

Actually the devs did care, and specifically said they were removing them because they took more resources to upkeep then it was justifiable based on how many people played them. Maybe this was a good thing, and when/if they come back they'll be more interesting to play. 

7 hours ago, Gandergear said:

Its called speed running and it was the most fun i evet had in the game

So a metagame that DE doesn't seem to intend nor care about, at least in how they design most of their content, should justify work going into them and not the rest of the game?

Great, you love speedrunning. Most of the people running Trials probably didn't care about it. So a fraction of a fraction of the playerbase should make content decisions?

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

So a metagame that DE doesn't seem to intend nor care about, at least in how they design most of their content, should justify work going into them and not the rest of the game?

Great, you love speedrunning. Most of the people running Trials probably didn't care about it. So a fraction of a fraction of the playerbase should make content decisions?

Works for conclave, but obviously you were never part of the raid community so obviously youre talking out of your pooper.

I dont care about your opinion, youve never said anything relevant to any discussion on the forums thats not negative and pandering to the devs.

1 hour ago, TermiteFrame said:

Raids/Trials tended to be toxic meta conforming cesspools with too many bugs that seemed to make more bugs when they were fixed.
So honestly good riddance to bad business with that.

^ this

however they probably will be back in a diffrent form like the dark sector in a few years or months.,and a lot less meta forcing (hopefully.) 

3 hours ago, Gandergear said:

I dont care about your opinion, 

and  that adititude is what caused a lot of people to not care that raids are gone,

meta gaming with only using X warframe with the raids doesn't belong in warframe DE has allways supported having the ability to go what ever warframe you wanted. 

Edited by hazerddex

14 hours ago, Gandergear said:

No one who cared wanted them removed and those who didnt care still wont when theyre back.

Nobody was asking for raids to be removed. The devs removed it because it always bugged out whenever they patched something else. Unlike Conclave which are just tweaking numbers for weapon and power stats.

Works for conclave, but obviously you were never part of the raid community so obviously youre talking out of your pooper.

I dont care about your opinion, youve never said anything relevant to any discussion on the forums thats not negative and pandering to the devs.

Aaaaand you just lost any sympathy for your plight.

7 hours ago, JalakBali said:

Aaaaand you just lost any sympathy for your plight.

7 hours ago, hazerddex said:

and  that adititude is what caused a lot of people to not care that raids are gone,

Go check his feed, he literally only talks trash to peoples genuine ideas (people who actually make long and beautiful threads), hes a forum troll plain and simple, or even worse only cares about making his post number higher.

meta gaming with only using X warframe with the raids doesn't belong in warframe DE has allways supported having the ability to go what ever warframe you wanted. 

however they probably will be back in a diffrent form like the dark sector in a few years or months.,and a lot less meta forcing (hopefully.)

9 hours ago, TermiteFrame said:

Raids/Trials tended to be toxic meta conforming cesspools with too many bugs that seemed to make more bugs when they were fixed.
So honestly good riddance to bad business with that.

You can f off with that trash because eidolons are leagues worse with meta composistion than raids EVER were, even in speed running. Obviously DE doesnt support this view via their design choices. Not to mention the non rad community is 300x more toxic TOWARDS raiders than raiders ever were towarss new players. I know, ive trained newbies!

Eidolons 4 in a nigt comp

Chroma volt harrow trinity

Lornm

Ev bless cc carry 2nd carry

And once the teralyst dropped 2nd carty was free to be less rigid because operator carry was GOOD.

Nyx, rhino, vauban, nova, and even FROST were viable sub 15 minute lor frames. You could even do excalibur and zepyr efficiently if you wanted to.

Lor depended more on you than youre frame, unfortunately eidos DONT follow that paradigmn

JV had almost no meta comp besides having a nekros or 2 and using ameshas. Cc frames dont even get used and harrow or ev were for once both valid choices for energy. You could see inaros used there for gods sake without worring he wasnt going to contribute to the team.

But no obviously its because DE is too lazy to fix bugs as you guys are saying, no need that i rarely see 20 people on my friends list anymore because DE ruined something players do enjoy to the point where some have over 1000 total raids done.

Works for conclave

Conclave has almost no impact on the rest of the game. Updates don't break Conclave behind the scenes so not sure how this is at all relevant.

obviously you were never part of the raid community so obviously youre talking out of your pooper

And I should care about this why? Given the absolute garbage thrown at DE for removing something with demonstrably tiny usage numbers and the overall sunny temperament of the people who start these threads? DE should have done this sooner. How is this supposed to make anyone miss the Trials or the people who regularly did them?

Or I don't say anything if it doesn't bother me because this is a bloody game and not a job? Maybe I'll get a cushy volunteer spot somewhere in the community. I wonder if the grocery store takes Exposure Bux.

You can f off with that trash because eidolons are leagues worse with meta composistion than raids EVER were, even in speed running. Obviously DE doesnt support this view via their design choices. Not to mention the non rad community is 300x more toxic TOWARDS raiders than raiders ever were towarss new players. I know, ive trained newbies!

Eidolons 4 in a nigt comp

Chroma volt harrow trinity

Lornm

Ev bless cc carry 2nd carry

And once the teralyst dropped 2nd carty was free to be less rigid because operator carry was GOOD.

Nyx, rhino, vauban, nova, and even FROST were viable sub 15 minute lor frames. You could even do excalibur and zepyr efficiently if you wanted to.

Lor depended more on you than youre frame, unfortunately eidos DONT follow that paradigmn

JV had almost no meta comp besides having a nekros or 2 and using ameshas. Cc frames dont even get used and harrow or ev were for once both valid choices for energy. You could see inaros used there for gods sake without worring he wasnt going to contribute to the team.

But no obviously its because DE is too lazy to fix bugs as you guys are saying, no need that i rarely see 20 people on my friends list anymore because DE ruined something players do enjoy to the point where some have over 1000 total raids done.

your current attitude isn't doing you any favors in supporting your argument of being "friendly,"

and in raids frames like Nezha, Chroma, Equniox,  Oboron, Titania, Inaros, Atlas, Wukong, Valkyr, ember, nekros, mesa, mag, Hydroid, limbo, saryn, Ivara were mostly not welcome in a majority of  raids. that a big majority of frames.

except their is no player forced meta for Eidolons because you can jump into random groups unlike with raids. you can't force players to play as a certain frame like they could in raids because with  public ques you don't know who you will end up with so much like sorties you are not forced to use only "meta" frames. you don't have to relay on a key holder to start a raid and he doesn't have to be the meta bullies that dominated raid hosting. 

only 1% of people playing warframe actually played raids. that is less then even conclave. 

2 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

your current attitude isn't doing you any favors in supporting your argument of being "friendly,"

and in raids frames like Nezha, Chroma, Equniox,  Oboron, Titania, Inaros, Atlas, Wukong, Valkyr, ember, nekros, mesa, mag, Hydroid, limbo, saryn, Ivara were mostly not welcome in a majority of  raids. that a big majority of frames.

except their is no player forced meta for Eidolons because you can jump into random groups unlike with raids. you can't force players to play as a certain frame like they could in raids because with  public ques you don't know who you will end up with so much like sorties you are not forced to use only "meta" frames. you don't have to relay on a key holder to start a raid and he doesn't have to be the meta bullies that dominated raid hosting. 

only 1% of people playing warframe actually played raids. that is less then even conclave. 

Then dont insult my intelligence, youd know that nearly all the frames you listed WERE used in JV due to the lax meta requirments

The low play rate of raids? Probably caused by the key system, same as mesa farming and orokin derelict.

12 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

Then dont insult my intelligence, youd know that nearly all the frames you listed WERE used in JV due to the lax meta requirments

The low play rate of raids? Probably caused by the key system, same as mesa farming and orokin derelict.

no one in this thread was insulting your intelligence you were literally the only one lashing out at everyone. telling people their opinions don't matter is not a good way to convince the people running warframe to bring back raids. as you only sound selfish when you tell people that their opinions don't matter because they didn't like raids. 

a majority of frames in JV were also blocked from JV 

the 1% of players were not do to the key systems even lephantis and the derelicts had more people playing it. raid keys are easy enough to build. its a combination of buggyness and meta gaming that lead to the demise of raids. you have only to read the comments in this thread literally everyone in disagreement with you has pointed out the meta gaming forcefulness that the raids had. the resources used for Raid keys were easy enough to get they weren't rare like lephantis nodes or oxium or neitan. you could easily stock pile of them. i had about 10 keys for raids before i stopped playing raids because i was sick of the elitism atmosphere raids had. 

Edited by hazerddex

6 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

no one in this thread was insulting your intelligence you were literally the only one lashing out at everyone. telling people their opinions don't matter is not a good way to convince the people running warframe to bring back raids. as you only sound selfish when you tell people that their opinions don't matter because they didn't like raids. 

a majority of frames in JV were also blocked from JV 

the 1% of players were not do to the key systems even lephantis and the derelicts had more people playing it. raid keys are easy enough to build. its a combination of buggyness and meta gaming that lead to the demise of raids. you have only to read the comments in this thread literally everyone in disagreement with you has pointed out the meta gaming forcefulness that the raids had. 

I was lashing out at the most toxic pos on the forums. Go ahead and look at his feed, he does nothing but try to derail threads with sarcastic insults of peoples ideas and pretend hes some paragon of intelligence.

Your second paragraph makes no sense.

As a raid host im insulted you think i only forced people to play meta.

Raids werent tied only to meta unless you were speed running, anything else shows bad hosts which is APPARENTLY a big sin when the same thing happens for eidolons.

15 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

I was lashing out at the most toxic pos on the forums. Go ahead and look at his feed, he does nothing but try to derail threads with sarcastic insults of peoples ideas and pretend hes some paragon of intelligence.

Your second paragraph makes no sense.

As a raid host im insulted you think i only forced people to play meta.

Raids werent tied only to meta unless you were speed running, anything else shows bad hosts which is APPARENTLY a big sin when the same thing happens for eidolons.

from my point of view your just telling someone stating their opinion and not at all derailing this thread to shut up because they don't share your view. i could care less how they act in other threads i'm not the kind of person that tries to public shaming people by bringing up things they said in older threads. (which would be derailing the thread by doing that.)

as a vet i find it funny you think most raid host were Open minded to players choice in the raids.

you keeps saying "but eidolons."

but tell me did Raids have a blind que that let you join public groups without having to wait an hour in a lobby? 

last i checked starting a Eidolon only required you grabbing the quest from the dude in cetus. then jumping into the plains and their  you have a squad no sitting around in a lobby being forced around and having people criticize everything from warframe to pets that people were bringing. 

every raid I've been in has been hosted by people forcing everyone to go 1 certain frame anyone who didn't play x frame got expunged.  i have had no evidences to the contrary in this from my raiding experience  

that and anyone who had never done a raid before was not allowed to participate for the most part with raids.

Edited by hazerddex

11 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

as a vet i find it funny you think most raid host were Open minded to players choice in the raids.

you keeps saying "but eidolons."

but tell me did Raids have a blind que that let you join public groups without having to wait an hour in a lobby? 

last i checked starting a Eidolon only required you grabbing the quest from the dude in cetus. then jumping into the plains and their  you have a squad no sitting around in a lobby being forced around and having people criticize everything from warframe to pets that people were bringing. 

every raid I've been in has been hosted by people forcing everyone to go 1 certain frame anyone who didn't play x frame got expunged.  i have had no evidences to the contrary in this from my raiding experience  

that and anyone who had never done a raid before was not allowed to participate for the most part with raids.

1. Because we were, you just were never able to convince a raid host you knew what you were doing.

2. because eidolons LITERALLY replaced raids

3.that justifies removing the whole thibg instead of adding that feature?

4.and instead people criticize it because MR2s are getting into trio hunts. Also sitting around in the lobby? More like siting around waiting for the gate to load.

5. You are aware theres no kick right? I understand what you mean though.

6. There were plenty of ways for a noob to get into raids, 100% of the exp raiders i played with WOULD let a new player in if they had read the wiki and had some form of viable frame. From blind excals to avalanche frosts I HAVE SEEN THEM ALL.

Nothing youve said justifies its removal, nothing you said makes it sound like you cared.

16 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

1. Because we were, you just were never able to convince a raid host you knew what you were doing.

2. because eidolons LITERALLY replaced raids

3.that justifies removing the whole thibg instead of adding that feature?

4.and instead people criticize it because MR2s are getting into trio hunts. Also sitting around in the lobby? More like siting around waiting for the gate to load.

5. You are aware theres no kick right? I understand what you mean though.

6. There were plenty of ways for a noob to get into raids, 100% of the exp raiders i played with WOULD let a new player in if they had read the wiki and had some form of viable frame. From blind excals to avalanche frosts I HAVE SEEN THEM ALL.

Nothing youve said justifies its removal, nothing you said makes it sound like you cared.

1.no because the raid host was to jumped up on their own ego and meta gaming to trust anyone.

2.and they don't need lobbies and their for don't need a host that can enforce meta gaming.

3. considering arcane which were significance to gameplay changes were locked behind something only 1% of the warframe community enjoyed and played. yes i would say that justifies removing it. raids didn't work as DE intended they got removed.

4. you do that with any mission that's called a loading screen. raids had a lobby where you had to wait on the host and others to start the game and could take up to 30 minutes or more to start a raid. well that i feel is a mess up on DE's part since a MR2 probably doesn't have a operator yet and probably shouldn't even be able to get Eidolon quest to begin with. However I've yet to see these Mastery rank 2's in any Eidolon raid strange  >_>

5. yes but the host can cancel a lobby which basically functions as a kick button. 

6. from my experiences no there were very few ways for new players to get into raids. they were highly discriminated against. if you never done a raid before most the time you were not invited. "viable frame?" i though you said that they didn't do the meta enforcing? 

your asking for people who didn't like the raids to care about the raids in order to have a opinion on the raids? so you want a echo chamber and not an actual opinion?

if a majority of people cared or liked the raids THEY WOULD'T BE REMOVED.

i don't care about the raids i hated the raids because of the elitist and toxic culture it bread when it was around not so unlike the old dark sectors. 

nothing you've said justified a reason to keep them.

Edited by hazerddex

2 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

your asking for people who didn't like the raids to care about the raids in order to have a opinion on the raids?

if a majority of people cared or liked the raids THEY WOULD'T BE REMOVED.

i don't care about the raids i hated the raids because of the elitist and toxic culture it bread when it was around not so unlike the old dark sectors. 

nothing you've said justified a reason to keep them.

The feedback forums is for players to give their feedback to the developers.

Huh, the majority of players don't care about conclave so it should be removed by that logic, weird. Same with defection.

6 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

The feedback forums is for players to give their feedback to the developers.

Huh, the majority of players don't care about conclave so it should be removed by that logic, weird. Same with defection.

you don't say. its also not a place for people to tell other people that they are not allowed to have a opinion. 

defections are relatively new compared to raids so they may in fact get removed if not enough people show interest in them. (kind of like deception missions getting removed with specters of the rail..) yes and conclaves does not lock game changing stuff behind them that is useful for the rest of the game now does it? and more people played Conclave then people play raids 1% of people played raids remember. that is LESS then the amount of people playing conclave. 

Edited by hazerddex

4 hours ago, hazerddex said:

you don't say. its also not a place for people to tell other people that they are not allowed to have a opinion. 

defections are relatively new compared to raids so they may in fact get removed if not enough people show interest in them. (kind of like deception missions getting removed with specters of the rail..) yes and conclaves does not lock game changing stuff behind them that is useful for the rest of the game now does it? and more people played Conclave then people play raids 1% of people played raids remember. that is LESS then the amount of people playing conclave. 

you're the one trying to force an issue, i never tried to make YOU care, I said that the people who DO CARE still want trials and we'd like them back as fast as possible. You'd think that with them being removed DE would at LEAST get some stuff out the door at a faster pace, but no they're more glacial than ever.

my point is that people CARED about trials, no one is going to step up and say "I have a clan that's entirely devoted to defection", conclave does, if conclave gets removed are you gonna say exactly "Oh sucks it got removed cuz not enough people cared and anyone who DID care is somehow in the wrong" and then berate them on the forums for liking something because you say they're toxic?

12 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

you're the one trying to force an issue, i never tried to make YOU care, I said that the people who DO CARE still want trials and we'd like them back as fast as possible. You'd think that with them being removed DE would at LEAST get some stuff out the door at a faster pace, but no they're more glacial than ever.

my point is that people CARED about trials, no one is going to step up and say "I have a clan that's entirely devoted to defection", conclave does, if conclave gets removed are you gonna say exactly "Oh sucks it got removed cuz not enough people cared and anyone who DID care is somehow in the wrong" and then berate them on the forums for liking something because you say they're toxic?

i an't forcing anything your the one telling people they can't have a opinion if they don't like it.

again as i pointed out conclave does not lock  game changing items behind it.  would you still play raids if they did not have any unque reward you could not get anywhere else gameplay wise? i for one would not i would gladly wash my hands of the forced meta toxic cesspools of a button simulator i've known raids to be.

nor did conclave has constant bug issues that needed to be patched when DE could and should have been focusing on issues 99% of the player base were doing rather then the 1% doing raids. as de even said it was to much of a wast of resoruces to leave in the game and have people complain about x bug. they to it out to reowrk it.

i only breated you because you were telling people they didn't have the right to an opinion which is totaltarian and yes toxic.

and my point is Not enough people cared/liked the trails for DE to justfy keeping them in and having to patch them almost every day. and attacking people because they didn't like it is hardly going to convice DE to bring it back now is it?

Edited by hazerddex

37 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

and my point is Not enough people cared/liked the trails for DE to justfy keeping them in and having to patch them almost every day. and attacking people because they didn't like it is hardly going to convice DE to bring it back now is it?

person in question couldn't like it or not because they NEVER played it. I'm dead serious.

stop trying to protect this dude his literal purpose in life is trying to make every thread more toxic.