Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Drops: Randomness and...Patterns?!

aidan890

14 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

You should, in all honestly, just stay silent or offer me pubblic apologies after having called me a tinfoil hatted spammer with no evidence.

But most importantly thanks DE for checking and taking action and thanks to all those who helped collecting data

So you make a claim based on your single account and word of mouth and then because people think you're full of it because it's only logical that something so statistically low tier would be put under scrutiny you proceed to force people  to apologize because they did not believe in your inadequate means  of data collection.

Wow man what a star you are you saved war frame congratulations 

14 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

You should, in all honestly, just stay silent or offer me pubblic apologies after having called me a tinfoil hatted spammer with no evidence.

I am not apologizing for having an opinion. Aidan provided some great data points with visual representation. You can't tell me when and when I can't post an opinion.

10 hours ago, Chipputer said:

This is the norm for Voltage. Anything that will get him reputation.

That is quite rude. I post on the forums to share my opinion. Should I apologize more people agree with me? Reputation doesn't mean anything and that's not why I care to use this website. I use the forums purely to share my opinion as a Veteran player.

No reason to derail a thread with rude comments.

Alright, guys, that's enough -- if you really want to keep doing this, take it to PMs like you were already told to -- as for OmegaSlayer, you'll be glad to hear that your thread actually did play a rather significant hand in fixing this: I brought it to the attention of a senior GotL in my clan, who proceeded to run over 100k simulated runs testing this RNG seed.

So to anyone else who thinks it wasn't cool for him to keep posting the topic, lay off.

That being said, if someone wants to post information like this in the future, please see if you can have other people contribute their experiences as well -- ideally in something easily visually-displayed, as it makes it that much clearer what is happening, and helps alleviate claims of statistical anomalies.

Coming back on topic, when can we expect this fix to be released? This post was made only 20 hours ago, and there was no mention of Arcane drop table fixes in the latest hotfix, so I'm assuming that this will come in a future (hopefully soon(tm)) hotfix?

1 hour ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

The point in this...I wasn't the only one with info, everyone had it on their screen after each run.

I didn't had to prove anything to others.

You had to check what your screen were saying from months

Just generally speaking, there are always going to be people who try to test your position. Some even create new problems out of nothing and "win" that "debate". Don't let any potential haters to get at your head, that's what they want. Who cares if they get upvotes and you don't? As long as in the end, a real discussion on the original topic has happened, it's usually fine. If things get too off-topic, feel free to ask a chat mod to close the thread.

2 hours ago, Raspberri said:

Coming back on topic, when can we expect this fix to be released? This post was made only 20 hours ago, and there was no mention of Arcane drop table fixes in the latest hotfix, so I'm assuming that this will come in a future (hopefully soon(tm)) hotfix?

The problem was server side, so DE fixed it immediately without having to roll out an hotfix.

As for the rest...I don't care about upvotes, I just can't stand that people that can't read what's displayed on their screens finds reasons to whine and moan and complain.

I made a mistake indeed, I assumed people could read and understand, instead they need pictures like kids

7 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

instead they need pictures like kids

Pictures are the best! Honestly!

Even if is a dump of screenshots, it may be more, I don't know, understandable than plain text that says the same thing. It is like pointing a finger "Look here".

hoOTH2a.gif

@[DE]Aidan

I think there's still some problem going on.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaWY4QFXcAAKCVN.jpg

As you can see, the rolls for Teralyst and Gantulyst drops haven't been rolled at all.

I filed a ticket to support

"April 9th 2018 
Time: around 3:40 GMT 
Players OmegaSlayer, Xain960, HarigeVINCE, StormRockerG

After a Tri - Eidolon capture plagued with loads of bugs and glitches (lures not spawning at camps, capture not registering as capture but as kill) we only get one 1 arcane reward roll, the one from the Hydrolist kill, no arcane reward roll for Teralyst and Gantulyst capture"

and this has been the reply

"Hi OmegaSlayer,

Unfortunately we are not able to restore items or mission results lost due to a crash, bug or disconnection. If the game client was unable to sync up and verify data at the end of a match, there is no record for us to reference.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

I replied that

"There hadn't been neither a crash nor disconnections, just for the records...but oh well"

The ticket was closed with a 

"Unfortunately, the provided information did not lead to any corroborating records to establish a reference in order to perform any kind of restoration.

If you are having recurring technical or network issues, please submit a ticket under the suitable tech category and send us your log files. One of our tech support members will happily help you with your problems.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused but we will not be able to restore the lost item(s) or records and this ticket will now be closed."

So, there are still problems server side with the reward rolls.

Archived