Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star's infested spawn pods are completely immune to all crowd control

Treadlight

This has been the case even the first time this event happened, but with the unlisted insane buffs to the entire boil stage, this has become nearly unmanageable.  All crowd control abilities do absolutely nothing to the infested spawn pods.  They don't even target them, let alone affect them.  No damage numbers appear, and even syndicate procs can't touch them.  They're also immune to status, and critical hits.  The hugely increased spawn rate of the pods themselves doesn't help when I can't touch them with anything but my weapons alone.  This is every single thing that a player can do to take out a single tanky enemy, and these things are a constant of the boil stage.

1 minute ago, Treadlight said:

All crowd control abilities do absolutely nothing to the infested spawn pods

I mean, crowd control is meant to prevent enemy movement/impede enemy progress and stuff like that. Why would it work on a spawn pod? I would expect AoE damage to have an effect, but not CC.

23 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I mean, crowd control is meant to prevent enemy movement/impede enemy progress and stuff like that. Why would it work on a spawn pod? I would expect AoE damage to have an effect, but not CC.

AoE is CC.  I tried to keep the OP and thread title as concise as possible, the infested spawn pods are immune to almost everything in the game that isn't a gun.  I haven't been able to test every warframe's kit against them due to the insane buffs, and the whole situation making it very hard to test abilities that need me to stand still to even see what happened.  Lots of abilities that should work on them don't, but some abilities that should work on them do.  It really does feel like they're just exact copies of the boiler's spawn pods with more health, which also means no affinity for killing them.  I've been able to confirm that Zephyr's 4 doesn't work, but her 2 does.  Ember's 4 doesn't work, but her 3 seems like it does something, which could just be the burning enemies touching them for all I know.  I couldn't afford to test anything more on them at the time as everyone in the squad was getting repeatedly downed by either the hemocyte, or just abruptly for seemingly no reason.  It's worth pointing out that these spawn pods can't be targeted by any ability I've tried on them.

33 minutes ago, Treadlight said:

AoE is CC.

No, its not. AoE = Area of Effect. CC can be AoE, or single target. Damage can be AoE or single target. You are not talking about Crowd Control. Try Vauban's Bastille (a CC ability) and report back. No, it wont do anything. Ember's 3 and 4 are not CC abilities. They are AoE abilities.

I am totally happy to accept that abilities do not work on the spawn pods. But your title is just wrong. Spawn Pods should be immune to Crowd Control, so it is not a bug. Should they be immune to AoE damage abilities though? If you changed Crowd Control to Area of Effect Abilities, it would be more accurate. Currently, your title and OP are misleading.

43 minutes ago, krc473 said:

No, its not. AoE = Area of Effect. CC can be AoE, or single target. Damage can be AoE or single target. You are not talking about Crowd Control. Try Vauban's Bastille (a CC ability) and report back. No, it wont do anything. Ember's 3 and 4 are not CC abilities. They are AoE abilities.

I am totally happy to accept that abilities do not work on the spawn pods. But your title is just wrong. Spawn Pods should be immune to Crowd Control, so it is not a bug. Should they be immune to AoE damage abilities though? If you changed Crowd Control to Area of Effect Abilities, it would be more accurate. Currently, your title and OP are misleading.

I know what the terms mean, and I know how specific some people can get. All AoE can be used as CC if it's big enough, I know. CC isn't a damage type, and neither is AoE. I'd be much more inclined to change the title if you'd be just a little bit polite about it, instead of demanding I conform to your evidently emotional standards. It's not just CC, and it's not just AoE, however all AoE is CC in this context. I don't need nitpicking about a compromise that was already made in terminology; an argument from the futility of English vocabulary is itself futile for all sides.
I won't address each point about the abilities being bad at CC, especially when that's all the ones I've listed are used for.
 It's not about whether what you categorize as CC to yourself (or anyone) should work, it's about how the abilities that do and don't work on them don't make any sense.Regardless, I will change the title as you do make a valid point underneath, but not to your suggestion. (The bold text in that sentence is, however.)  Or the forums could suddenly refuse to let me change the title...  That's fine...  I'll just say I would have changed it to: "Plague Star's infested spawn pods are completely unaffected by most abilities"

(This part is supposed to go above the quote, but the forum is refusing to let me move the quote between blocks of text.)
I think I've narrowed down what's causing this. The abilities that don't affect them are consistently only targeted abilities. I suspect the core of the issue is inheriting from the boiler spawn pod object, which likely inherits from the meta-container object. The only thing conceivably similar to a boiler's spawn pods is the model used, but they behave like the only thing that was changed was the health of it.

Edited by Treadlight
can't change title, I guess

18 minutes ago, Treadlight said:

"Plague Star's infested spawn pods are completely unaffected by most abilities"

This would be a far better title. 

Many people have an idea of what Crowd Control is (Google tells me that it functions to reduce an enemies ability to fight). Spawn pods do not fight, so CC should do nothing. Anyone that sees your title, and thinks CC is broadly what Google told me may just ignore your thread. Yes, we could argue for hours over who is correct, but as you say, its a large variety of abilities. So that would be a better discussion to have.

I tried single target and AoE abilities (both CC and damage), none of these did anything to the pods. However, I was of the impression that this has always been the case, and it is not actually a bug.

21 minutes ago, krc473 said:

This would be a far better title. 

Many people have an idea of what Crowd Control is (Google tells me that it functions to reduce an enemies ability to fight). Spawn pods do not fight, so CC should do nothing. Anyone that sees your title, and thinks CC is broadly what Google told me may just ignore your thread. Yes, we could argue for hours over who is correct, but as you say, its a large variety of abilities. So that would be a better discussion to have.

I tried single target and AoE abilities (both CC and damage), none of these did anything to the pods. However, I was of the impression that this has always been the case, and it is not actually a bug.

Well, it's always been the case, but it's always felt like a bug.  I do see the confusion with CC in retrospect, let's hope a moderator sees this and fixes the title.

I've also found that it's not just targeted abilities.  Gara's 1 can't touch them, and Nidus's 1 can't touch them.  Even if nothing else, at least those should do something.  I'm fine with eccentric targeted abilities not doing anything much more than damage, but this is absurd to me.