Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Anti-Hemocyte Weapon

IsaacEyes

A lot of people seem to be entering matches with the wrong set ups and complaining their weapons shoot spitballs. Unless the armour is going to be completely stripped, bring puncture, radiation and cold crit/raw damage weapons with a reasonably fast firerate that doesn't punish missed shots too harshly.  The Tiberon Prime on burst setting is the best weapon I've found so far for the mission, with radiation and cold with shred (plus all mandatory mods ofc).

So far I've not found a better candidate for breaking though the infested sinew, but I'm curious if anyone else has found anything that is more efficient.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)vinyledge said:

Does embers 3rd and 2nd still work for the hemocyte?

No, the hemocyte and lephantis appear to have been buffed to avoid this now. 

As for the answer I've had decent luck with my Vectis P corrosive dmg. Others roll the Lanka, Hek, Tigris P etc as long as you can have a strong Corrosive and possibly Blast combo it should work. 

Tbhit is more important to have a decent team comp. A sloNova, Frost, chroma, Rhino, Titania (people swear by her for this). As well as rotating the heads in order of danger Green then Yellow then Blue.

Also this should be in Players helping players.

Edited by Smittlez

31 minutes ago, Smittlez said:

No, the hemocyte and lephantis appear to have been buffed to avoid this now. 

As for the answer I've had decent luck with my Vectis P corrosive dmg. Others roll the Lanka, Hek, Tigris P etc as long as you can have a strong Corrosive and possibly Blast combo it should work. 

Tbhit is more important to have a decent team comp. A sloNova, Frost, chroma, Rhino, Titania (people swear by her for this). As well as rotating the heads in order of danger Green then Yellow then Blue.

Also this should be in Players helping players.

You're hitting the damage cap on single shots with any slow firing high damage weapon. High fire rate crit, corrosive, no hunters munitions, no status are actually the fastest for hemocytes/lephantis because of the unexplained, behind the scenes damage cap and immunity to status procs. I've been running Titania with a shotgun stat stick and Arcane Tempo to good effect. Sometimes I run a neutral nova with high range and take a Supra Vandal modded for crit and corrosive. 

Sniper rifles, opticor, and ferrox, any others similar that I'm forgetting are actually poor choices because of the bosses hidden mechanics.

Sorry for putting it in the wrong part of the forum, the reason I suggest radiation and cold is because corrosive can't proc on the hemocyte (just like lephantis) and whilst the fossilised flesh type is weak to corrrosive, the infested sinew that acts as armour for the hemocyte is weak against radiation and cold.

Not tried running with shattering impact, as that might make be able to destroy the armour.

What is the damage cap???

I'm still struggling to find a frame that stays on its feet long enough,that toxin proc hits hard. Best so far has been titania. Good crowd control and can stay out the way of most toxin. Just wish I could stop flying over the evil boil...

I used all sorts of weapons: they all got the job done. 

I think the Tenora figured prominently initially, but later I relied heavily on Titania and mostly used the SomaP, since it was better if you had to take to the ground to deal with the infested hordes (as opposed to Strun Wraith, which was more about boosting Dex Pixia).

Hemocytes aren't hard to deal with. Anything with high sustained damage is good. The most important thing is simply not to stand in the bad.  

My biggest issue is getting a real reading for what's working at what isn't. Tigris P seems like it should still be good for raw damage simply because of all the pellets, status not taken into account of course, but watching the numbers on screen it looks like it's hitting like a dry napkin. Corinth, however, seems to get the job done without issue. I'd think that aside from the spool up, Kohm should be okay assuming people position themselves correctly. Soma P and Karak should be fine. I've tried a constant fire beam weapon or two, but they're hard to read as well because of the cap.

I've started using the Sarpa with shattering impact, to remove all armour, and switched to corrosive on the Tiberon Prime, it now hits like a truck. Pretty happy with my current set-up. But yeah, sustained fire weapons seem to be king here with the damage cap.

Just now, Fallen_Echo said:

Opps, sorry i misread your comment. I thought you said dex pixia with the some prime.

I meant to say that shotgun mods seems to get more power for the dex pixia than anything for primaries.

ah okay ^^

but arent rifle mods better?

I mean Serration 165% Damage

and Pointblank 90% Damage (Primed is the same as Serration)

Hells Chamber is 120%

and Splitchamber only 90%

But Rifles have Heavy Caliber which is another 165% Damage

33 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Shotgun modded for max multishot and corrosive works better.

A properly modded shotgun is arguably the best booster for Dex Pixia. 

However, all other things are not equal in this event and the SomaP has some real advantages. You can't spend all your time in murder pixie mode and the SomaP can still cash checks your full-sized self will write.

Or you could use an all-in Atterax and just mow the grass when on foot. 

Just now, Kyoresh said:

ah okay ^^

but arent rifle mods better?

I mean Serration 165% Damage

and Pointblank 90% Damage (Primed is the same as Serration)

Hells Chamber is 120%

and Splitchamber only 90%

But Rifles have Heavy Caliber which is another 165% Damage

Primed point blank is 165% damage.

Hells chamber is 120% with the multishot set mod they can reach 180% multishot

Shotguns have access to blaze what is +60% damage and +60% heat damage

Im not sure about this but heavy caliber affects the accuracy of dex pixia while the shotgun variant the vicious spread does not.

1 minute ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Primed point blank is 165% damage.

Hells chamber is 120% with the multishot set mod they can reach 180% multishot

Shotguns have access to blaze what is +60% damage and +60% heat damage

Im not sure about this but heavy caliber affects the accuracy of dex pixia while the shotgun variant the vicious spread does not.

well but the -Acc. istn really noticeable, at least for me. the shotguns might have Blaze but Rifles got the 165% Damg from Serration and from Heavy Cal.

Seems to me a well-modded weapon of almost any kind will do the trick, and you've got 2 other stages of the bounty to deal with prior to seeing Lephantis Minor, so I just go with what is fun and see where it takes me. Braton Prime did an adequate job the other day, as did Tiberon Prime.