Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

4 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

I really would like to have a full boss battle against Hunhow. Yes, the Octavia quest was fun (it really was, I enjoyed it at least) but an actual, shoot-your-guns battle against him is something I wish was a thing. I guess the Eidolons are kinda like that, but it just isn't the same, since they don't really speak or have any personal history/rivalry with the players.

Which is why some of your bosses are so interesting, they have this personal feeling to them, like you fight a villain, not a mindless fragment.

Once we get more in depth info on Railjacks I might explore some deep space Sentient hunting :3

But a God of War style, combat on foot against a massive Sentient boss? I may just have something for you coming soon...!

1 minute ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Once we get more in depth info on Railjacks I might explore some deep space Sentient hunting :3

But a God of War style, combat on foot against a massive Sentient boss? I may just have something for you coming soon...!

Soontm Hype time? I think so.

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

Soontm Hype time? I think so.

In typical DE fashion, Soontm can be translated into:
"I'm thinking about it and writing up some rough stuff, but it's likely not gonna be posted until like way later."

😛 Don't worry, I got plenty of other cool stuff coming soon

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

unknown.png?width=1701&height=1134Nothing completely finished yet. Decided to ty and break up the content drought by releasing some WIP of the next syndicate Tau reward

I've also got something for Syndicate Rewards for/on Tau:

When the New War begins, the other syndicates have to form an uneasy alliance against them. That is why you can get mods, weapons, etc. from syndicates that aren't your own, even if you have to pay half again as many points as normal to get them, with only 10% being for the "service/handling tax/fee".

36 minutes ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

I've also got something for Syndicate Rewards for/on Tau:

When the New War begins, the other syndicates have to form an uneasy alliance against them. That is why you can get mods, weapons, etc. from syndicates that aren't your own, even if you have to pay half again as many points as normal to get them, with only 10% being for the "service/handling tax/fee".

Okay first of all, please refrain from bringing up The New War. There is nothing to do with that Unreleased Cinematic Quest in my concept.

Second of all, I disagree with this notion. The purpose of these rewards is to be another standing sink for veterans like myself and others who have bought everything else there is to buy from syndicates. Granting a discount on items would just expedite the process of obtaining items and reduce the amount of work players would have to do to get them.

9 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

unknown.png?width=1701&height=1134Nothing completely finished yet. Decided to ty and break up the content drought by releasing some WIP of the next syndicate Tau reward

Uh. . . Dark interruptions aside, this is a sniper rifle, right? How's it function might I ask? I can SEE some possibilities of how it works, but, I feel like I should hear it from the horse's mouth first.

Edited by Unus

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Okay first of all, please refrain from bringing up The New War. There is nothing to do with that Unreleased Cinematic Quest in my concept.

Second of all, I disagree with this notion. The purpose of these rewards is to be another standing sink for veterans like myself and others who have bought everything else there is to buy from syndicates. Granting a discount on items would just expedite the process of obtaining items and reduce the amount of work players would have to do to get them.

It’s not a discount, rather the opposite.

I think he meant "pay 50% extra", just clumsily worded.

It’s atill kind of a discount because it allows players to purchase other Syndicate rewards without ranking up in the other syndicates. I wouldn’t want people to be able to bypass this because I’m attempting to give something for players to work towards once again, as well as kickstart some economy stuff again.

Making the Syndicate rewards difficult to acquire through standing alone puts a bigger emphasis on trading, imo.

6 hours ago, Unus said:

Uh. . . Dark interruptions aside, this is a sniper rifle, right? How's it function might I ask? I can SEE some possibilities of how it works, but, I feel like I should hear it from the horse's mouth first.

Stay tuned 😉

7 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

It’s atill kind of a discount because it allows players to purchase other Syndicate rewards without ranking up in the other syndicates. I wouldn’t want people to be able to bypass this because I’m attempting to give something for players to work towards once again, as well as kickstart some economy stuff again.

Making the Syndicate rewards difficult to acquire through standing alone puts a bigger emphasis on trading, imo.

Stay tuned 😉

Ah, keeping your cards close to the chest eh? Gotcha, I'll go back to whittling away at the Promythion.

Alright! So Finally I calmed down after Nidus Freak Phryke came out and got down to finish the next Syndicate weapon. This time its the Arbiters of Hexis' turn! I hope you people like bolt-action snipers!

MENAULION

Menaulion by AlmightyJado

Info:
A deadly and precise long range rifle reverse engineered from Sentient and Orokin technology. Its light weight allows for fast movement while also being capable of firing powerful rounds.
Stats:
MR: 14
Slot: Primary
Type: Sniper
Trigger Type: Semi-Auto (bolt-action)
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 156 RPM
Accuracy: 13.5
Magazine Size: 1
Max Ammo: 80
Reload Time: 0.8 seconds
Zoom: 5x (+50% Headshot Damage, not cancelled during reload)
Combo Decay: 3.0 seconds
Min. Combo: 5 shots
Base Damage: 67 Impact bImpact, 150 Puncture bPuncture, 90 Slash bSlash
Total Damage: 307
Crit Chance: 20%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 40%
Punch Through: 1.0 m
Damage Falloff: 400.0-600.0 m
Polarities: Naramon PolMadurai Pol
Alternate Fire: Fire an exploding shell up to 1000 m away. Contact with the ground, obstacles, or an enemy causes the projectile to explode and deal Gas bGas damage in an 5 meter radius. Capable of self damage.
Base Damage: 50 Gas bGas
Total Damage: 50
Crit Chance: 80%
Crit Multiplier: 1.2x
Status Chance: 20%
Special Property: The Menaulion has innate +100% faster Holster Rate. Sniper Combo Counter does not increase the damage of the Menaulion's primary fire. Instead, it grants the following bonuses per level=
+350% Base Damage of Secondary Fire
+0.5x Crit Multiplier of Secondary Fire
+2 meters of Radius of Secondary Fire (Max total Radius of 15 meters)
+30% Flight Speed of Secondary Fire projectiles
-30% Recoil of Primary Fire
Usage of the Menaulion's secondary fire resets the Sniper Combo back to zero, but enemies hit by the projectile contribute to the Combo Counter.

The Menaulion is available from Arbiters of Hexis on Tau for ReputationBlackx64132,000

What do you people think? Would you use this weapon? Is it too OP, or too underpowered? How does it stack up to the Vectis Prime? Leave me feedback!

Edited by Almighty_Jado

6 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

bolt-action snipers

Hyped.

6 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Over-hype achieved.

7 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

All of that

Damn, that's one crazy weapon. Hard to say how good it would actually be, but the combo mechanic is interesting to say the least. It definitely would have some flexibility in building, I could see it being crit or status focused. I don't know how good the hybrid would be. It does however seem kind of confusing that the sniper shot has low crit and high status, and the gas cloud has it inversed.

It does however seem kind of confusing that the sniper shot has low crit and high status, and the gas cloud has it inversed.

I guess the idea I was trying to go for was to put more damage emphasis on the secondary fire while letting the primary fire able to strip armour theoretically. Basically just BIGGER NUMBERS! on the secondary fire.

17 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Stay tuned 😉

I managed to come up with a way to fill the gap mentioned here:

you simply can’t use standing you already have in one faction. You have to use special “Orokin” standing obtained in missions on Tau. The only problem with that is that you only gain 50% of “Orokin” standing than what you would otherwise gain from faction missions.

5 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Alright! So Finally I calmed down after Nidus Freak Phryke came out and got down to finish the next Syndicate weapon. This time its the Arbiters of Hexis' turn! I hope you people like bolt-action snipers!

MENAULION

Menaulion by AlmightyJado

Info:
A deadly and precise long range rifle reverse engineered from Sentient and Orokin technology. Its light weight allows for fast movement while also being capable of firing powerful rounds.
Stats:
MR: 14
Slot: Primary
Type: Sniper
Trigger Type: Semi-Auto (bolt-action)
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 156 RPM
Accuracy: 13.5
Max Ammo: 80
Reload Time: 0.8 seconds
Zoom: 5x (+50% Headshot Damage, not cancelled during reload)
Combo Decay: 3.0 seconds
Min. Combo: 5 shots
Base Damage: 67 Impact bImpact, 150 Puncture bPuncture, 90 Slash bSlash
Total Damage: 307
Crit Chance: 20%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 40%
Punch Through: 1.0 m
Damage Falloff: 400.0-600.0 m
Polarities: Naramon PolMadurai Pol
Alternate Fire: Fire an exploding shell up to 1000 m away. Contact with the ground, obstacles, or an enemy causes the projectile to explode and deal Gas bGas damage in an 5 meter radius. Capable of self damage.
Base Damage: 50 Gas bGas
Total Damage: 50
Crit Chance: 80%
Crit Multiplier: 1.2x
Status Chance: 20%
Special Property: The Menaulion has innate +100% faster Holster Rate. Sniper Combo Counter does not increase the damage of the Menaulion's primary fire. Instead, it grants the following bonuses per level=
+350% Base Damage of Secondary Fire
+0.5x Crit Multiplier of Secondary Fire
+2 meters of Radius of Secondary Fire (Max total Radius of 15 meters)
+30% Flight Speed of Secondary Fire projectiles
-30% Recoil of Primary Fire
Usage of the Menaulion's secondary fire resets the Sniper Combo back to zero, but enemies hit by the projectile contribute to the Combo Counter.

The Menaulion is available from Arbiters of Hexis on Tau for ReputationBlackx64132,000

What do you people think? Would you use this weapon? Is it too OP, or too underpowered? How does it stack up to the Vectis Prime? Leave me feedback!

Ah, that makes sense descriptionwise. Given the way the old Sentients managed to cypher Orokin technology, stands to reason one could "teach" their component material to shape itself.

Bolt-Action? Huh, is the Bolt the turn-crank looking gear on the side?

Ugh, blasted brain, how does one translate Rounds-Per-Minute into Warframe's Fire-Rate?

Reasonable so far. . . annndddd. . . hm, secondary Critical Chance seems to be considerably outside of norms.

Also, how does one activate this secondary fire? Is it a toggle, some manner of reload quirk? 

OOF, that secondary damage increase! Is it possible to covert that three into a one?

Other then that, seems reasonable  at it's given role, reminds me of my Ostron pintle-gun the Horizon in some aspects, particulay in the projectile aspect of it's secondary fire.

6 hours ago, Unus said:

Bolt-Action? Huh, is the Bolt the turn-crank looking gear on the side?

Kind of! Every time you take a shot, that thing kind of “pops open,” and all you need to do to reload is Punch it back into place. If you’ve played Planetside 2, it’s very similar to the Vanu Sovereignty’s standard sniper rifle.

6 hours ago, Unus said:

Ugh, blasted brain, how does one translate Rounds-Per-Minute into Warframe's Fire-Rate?

To ease your mind, it’s basically the exact same as the Vectis Prime. In the player’s hands you wouldn’t be able to tell much of a difference.

As for the secondary fire, I did want to make it hit like a truck filled to the brim with bowling balls and strapped to a jet engine, but also require you to really get your combo counter going before it does any substantial damage.

Think it’s too much? I mean, I did try to limit its accessibility by making the combo counter reset with use. Perhaps it would be better if enemies hit by the secondary fire did not grant combo counter?

The secondary fire is your standard “press the alt fire key and u shoot exploding boolet” much like the Corinth or Quanta. To note, this weapon doesn’t get variable scope levels because of this!

7 hours ago, Unus said:

Our op, the Almighty_Jato uses RPM here, which translates into Rounds Per Minute. Warframe on the other hand uses Rounds Per Second.

What you have to do is just divide RPM by 60, and you get the in-game RPS.

The gun in question fires slightly over 2.5 rounds per second.

Our op, the Almighty_Jato uses RPM here, which translates into Rounds Per Minute. Warframe on the other hand uses Rounds Per Second.

Ah yes, you are correct. I find RPM just nicer to use than RPS, but if people prefer RPS I can always switch 

6 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Kind of! Every time you take a shot, that thing kind of “pops open,” and all you need to do to reload is Punch it back into place. If you’ve played Planetside 2, it’s very similar to the Vanu Sovereignty’s standard sniper rifle.

To ease your mind, it’s basically the exact same as the Vectis Prime. In the player’s hands you wouldn’t be able to tell much of a difference.

As for the secondary fire, I did want to make it hit like a truck filled to the brim with bowling balls and strapped to a jet engine, but also require you to really get your combo counter going before it does any substantial damage.

Think it’s too much? I mean, I did try to limit its accessibility by making the combo counter reset with use. Perhaps it would be better if enemies hit by the secondary fire did not grant combo counter?

The secondary fire is your standard “press the alt fire key and u shoot exploding boolet” much like the Corinth or Quanta. To note, this weapon doesn’t get variable scope levels because of this!

Heard the name, seen the wiki, but, no practical experience to speak of. Still, the mental studio provides a pretty good approximation.

Ah, that helps in the visualization department then.

Ah, normally mutually exclusive goals, but, I suppose it works as you intend. Just seemed like something that seemed to jump over the standard, though, given some current non-done-under-the-effects-of-sopor calculations, it seems to go under the high ratings that the Torid has.

That said, your after-thought does seem much more sound. It encourages a sort of symbiosis between the primary and secondary forms of firing, requiring one to feed the other.

Ah, in the manner of the buzlok then? Suppose that works.

Ah, such in-depth conversational discussion, how I miss you so Pitwise.

6 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Heard the name, seen the wiki, but, no practical experience to speak of. Still, the mental studio provides a pretty good approximation.

Ah, that helps in the visualization department then.

Ah, normally mutually exclusive goals, but, I suppose it works as you intend. Just seemed like something that seemed to jump over the standard, though, given some current non-done-under-the-effects-of-sopor calculations, it seems to go under the high ratings that the Torid has.

That said, your after-thought does seem much more sound. It encourages a sort of symbiosis between the primary and secondary forms of firing, requiring one to feed the other.

Ah, in the manner of the buzlok then? Suppose that works.

Ah, such in-depth conversational discussion, how I miss you so Pitwise.

5 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Ahhhh, much thanks Mr. Crow, that certainly unlocks many doors worth of comprehension.

Edited by Unus

unknown.png

haha wow! They made the Cerbelyst a real thing :clem:
Jokes aside, it was a little fun to try and recreate one of my own sentient designs in game using what fashion items we have available.

Stay tuned, I've recently gone back to my roots after getting a bit exhausted of drawing weapons- expect a new Sentient enemy, with special guest lukinu_u!

To file away later, I did mention something (maybe here, maybe not) that I felt I could place here for other things, because Venus is adding hoverboards:

A long time ago, when Mass Effect was still a somewhat open-world game, I did something awkward and ended up riding the Mako top-over-wheels down a slope to the base. It wasn't just sideways rolling, but all sorts of different rolling angles. Any angle of rolling you can think of, my Mako rolled that way.

This is relevant because you can't expect to travel Tau's terrain just by Arcwing or hoverboard, if this thread had any ideas. So we could have either six-wheeled battle tanks that are more durable, but slower and prone to rollover; or three turbine hover tanks that can strafe, ignore terrain damage, have absolutely no rollover but less durability.

I'm mentioning it here because I had an image in my head that Clem is a terrible driver, and after a rollover that I mentioned earlier there is this exchange:

Op: "What were you thinking trying that slope, Clem?!"

Cl: "Grakata Clem, Grakata."

Just bumping my thread. Don’t mind me~

I’m heading out today for a little cottage time, but I’ll likely have lots of time to keep sketching out the good stuff I’ve been working on.

Assuming I stay productive, I’ll have some crazy cool stuff for y’all when I return!

Legion of Tau: Hotfix 2.11

• Updated the appearance of the Dax Dowager to better reflect the new Dax designs revealed in The Sacrifice update. Additionally, the blade has been altered to resemble a naginata more in reference to the Dax’s similarities to Samurai

SIDE NOTE: The Dax Dowager’s special gimmick may have to be reworked with the upcoming melee 3.0 changes.

Edited by Almighty_Jado