Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

46 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

The weird magazine was just something I wanted to play with to make the gun look less 'realistic'. Also it just helps give it some character and uniqueness!

I've seen it done in Dust 514, so I ain't mad.

josh-powers-d514-mi-combatrifle.jpg?1439

46 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

As for the punch through, it was something I wanted to add on to differentiate the usefulness of each firing mode, but I'm thinking of removing that and making one mode high status, and the other high crit. The only problem I don't want to run into is making it become the Euphona Prime equivalent of Primaries.

The original idea behind the punch-through was... well, like I said to Unus, it was inspired by the actual AN-94, but also for the sake of devastating first shots on an enemy. Originally, I conceptualized the first 2-round burst as being high impact and status for the purpose of a devastating, staggering first attack that you follow up with massive crit and slash. Or viral. Or gas. Or blast.

I toyed with making it puncture and slash, but in my experience, the stagger effect of Impact is much more useful.

Maybe we could nerf the initial physical damage slightly, while still making the fire rate higher? This'll ensure that the DPS of the first 2 shots is still higher, without being massively, overbearingly high. Killing with the first 2 shots isn't important, but mopping up an enemy while they're still staggering or suffering from a status effect is.

44 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

While this is a simple and badass sounding name, I would like it to have some more character- perhaps Fortress can be part of its title. Good idea though!

Everything has to have a Warframe-ish name, which is why we have Kavats instead of cats, Kubrows instead of dogs, and why I didn't just call the Depezador the LeMat. Funnily enough, though, when I was naming the Avakan, I only changed one letter from the real-life Abakan trials in Russia. 

Maybe... the Fortessa? As inspired by an infamous not-quite-prison from the Penumbra Podcast, which everyone seemingly pronounces as "Fortetza" or something like that.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

The fire rate is also a tricky thing- FLuffy says it'd be better higher, and you say it should be lower! Hmmmm.... perhaps I've made it just right then?

I'd say so :) It's slightly lower than Tiberon Prime's (comparing burst to burst and auto to auto) so I'd say it's definitely within the game's parameters.

If anything, the damage feels slightly low-ish. I'd add like 3-4 points more damage (Tiberon Prime has 46 per bullet while also having higher rof, mag size and higher status on auto).

8 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

I'd say so 🙂 It's slightly lower than Tiberon Prime's (comparing burst to burst and auto to auto) so I'd say it's definitely within the game's parameters.

If anything, the damage feels slightly low-ish. I'd add like 3-4 points more damage (Tiberon Prime has 46 per bullet while also having higher rof, mag size and higher status on auto).

...Mmmm. Yes. That's a good call for it. I'm thinking, maybe... Avakan Prime does 45, Sancti Avakan does 43, and basic Avakan (I purposely made a weak version so I could prime it, son! WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUUUUB!) does 33 or so. I'm just spitballing here.

FUN FACT - this is the inspiration behind Avakan Prime's stock.

SR4-5186288_1024x1024.jpg?v=1352828681

It made me think of Boltor Prime. I had to. Plus, it was literally commissioned by a fashion designer.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

THERE we go, brain free from rocketry for a few minutes before the new gun's twin comes bargeing in.

Hmm, there's quite a few "fortress" terms in other tongues that could work. Bastion, Barbican, Pallisade, Dun. Ell, in Indian mythology, Lanka is the name of a mythical fortress city. 

As a joke, Jericho could work.

Edited by Unus

5 hours ago, Unus said:

THERE we go, brain free from rocketry for a few minutes before the new gun's twin comes bargeing in.

Hmm, there's quite a few "fortress" terms in other tongues that could work. Bastion, Barbican, Pallisade, Dun. Ell, in Indian mythology, Lanka is the name of a mythical fortress city. 

As a joe, Jericho could work.

Now that has an interesting ring to it! Just yknow.... Jericho was met with an unfortunate fate 😛
Might be a good candidate though!

1 hour ago, RevanGarcia said:

Maybe unrelated but man, I need a one-handed Tigris-like sidearm. I don't care about the stats, I just need the aesthetics.

I shall keep this in mind when I start my Syndicate secondaries in the future! A sawed-off Tigris Prime-esque ordeal hmmm?!

5 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

I'd say so 🙂 It's slightly lower than Tiberon Prime's (comparing burst to burst and auto to auto) so I'd say it's definitely within the game's parameters.

I might keep the damage the same and alter the status/crit multipliers instead. Might help to not only rebalance the weapon, but also differentiate the two firing modes.

While I continue to think about the Avakan's stats and Tau Town's name, here's another Sentient to keep you occupied!

SENTIENT ETEKALYST
Etekalyst by AlmightyJado
Info:
Sentient Etekalysts are stored inside Gafralysts' levitating, back-mounted Hives. They swarm through the air, bombarding Tenno with laser bolts before suicide bombing them.
Gameplay:
-Etekalysts spawn from Gafralysts every 5 seconds
-There is a maximum of 10 Etekalysts per Gafralyst at a time
-Etekalysts fly through the air  at high speeds. Their flight patterns comprise of a 'figure-8': one loop around their Gafralyst progenitor, one loop around the player they are targeting, and repeat.
-Etekalysts fire laser projectiles at players that deal very light amounts of puncture damage
-Etekalysts can fire up to 50 lasers before 'running out of energy'
-Etekalysts that have run out of energy turn around and target a player, swiftly divebombing them to deal medium magnetic and radiation damage
-Etekalysts have no armour, no shields, and low HP, meaning their primary line of defense is their fast movement
-Etekalysts destroyed using Operators explode, dealing their divebomb damage in an area of effect around themselves to nearby Sentients

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Unus said:

I think the fellow was giving you an underhanded compliment Mr. Jado, implying that your designs are Game-worthy additions that don't belong stuck in here.

No, I'm pretty sure he just can't read.

Edited by HugintheCrow

Well! Anyways! If anyone gave me any compliments, underhanded or not, I very much appreciate them! ^u^

On 2018-08-28 at 7:33 PM, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

You might want to look into the sentients you already have, some of them mention sentients that aren't shown yet, like Gafralysts. Maybe you could also make a scorpion-like Sentient that burrows underground regularly until you destroy two of the vulnerable parts.

Very observant, although there is only one Sentient mentioned that hasn't been shown yet, the Gafralyst.
It's a fancy new Sentient designed again by the lovely @rabbitsandroses and will be released soon! As a little sneak peek, have a gander at this 1948 painting by Salvador Dali.....

😉

Image result for salvador dali elephants

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Well! Anyways! If anyone gave me any compliments, underhanded or not, I very much appreciate them! ^u^

Very observant, although there is only one Sentient mentioned that hasn't been shown yet, the Gafralyst.
It's a fancy new Sentient designed again by the lovely @rabbitsandroses and will be released soon! As a little sneak peek, have a gander at this 1948 painting by Salvador Dali.....

😉

The first time I saw this I thought: Destroy the right targets and TIMBER!!!

5 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

😉

Reminds me of either something from The Mist or the Drifters from Borderlands 2.

I BEEN THINKIN TODAYYYY

ABOUT THEM VACULYSTS.

See, sometimes it bothers me that Warframe releases new faction weapons.... but nobody who seems to use them. The Amprex is awesome but only one enemy uses it, it'd be pretty interesting to see Grineer with Quartakks who act as designated marksmen (or women, either or) in the squad, or Comba-like enemies with an automatic Scisco, or... well, honestly, I'm mostly thinking about Corpus enemies. They pale in comparison to the massive variety of Grineer units for Earth, Mars, spaceships, Uranus, the Plains, and Kuva Fortress. But that's beside the point.

Anyway, I have a Sentient weapon design coming in the next week or so, and I was wondering how you felt about designing an enemy to fit around it.