Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

11 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

I’ll probably try giving the projectiles a different spread pattern- instead of forming a cone, perhaps a horizontal spread!

As for artwork, I’ll definitely be using a lower detail drawing when I draw the Sentient, but I’ll probably just use your artwork when I throw this thing in as an actual useable weapon, since it would be very difficult for me to try and break that quality barrier you’ve set so high!

...A horizontal rocket spread? Okay, I dig that.

And I'm fine with that! Figured you'd have to do it on the enemy design, anyway.

7 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

4/6 Sentient Fish for all environments are completed! Once I finish the last two I’ll be posting that, then I’ll be starting work on a Sentient based on Fluffywolf’s latest Sentient weapon design.

Maybe one of them could be an extra-extra smelly one. I’ve heard about a kind of extremely salty, extremely smelly herring from Sweden called “surstromming”. I’ve heard it described as “you open the can and the smell hits you like a Mack truck doing 180 in a 35 mile zone!”

That was the inspiration for the idea: you catch that specific fish and you/your warframe holds it at arm’s length (for the littlest one) and averts his face and covers his/her nose with his elbow.

3 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Working on the final fish! I would've had it done by today, but I ran into an inspirational roadblock. Don't worry though, I overcame it and I think I've successfully created six fancyschmancy Sentient fishies that people will love to adorn their fish tanks and Orbiter walls with!

I am very intrigued!

Sentient Fish (Group 1) by AlmightyJado
Tau Fishing:
Bodies of Water on Tau are filled with small-scale, non-combative Sentients that are responsible for maintaining the synthetic ecosystem the Sentients have created. All Sentient fish require a special fishing spear to catch, as they have tough, armoured exteriors that resist the spears that the Ostrons have made (more on this later).
There is a special vendor at the Tau hub world where the special fishing spear can be bought, and players can also turn in the fish here in exchange for credits, resources, Tau resources, and occasionally ducats. NOTE: Unlike the existing open zones, the fish on Tau DO NOT have special resources attached to them (like murkray liver, norg brain, etc). This is so that players are not forced into fishing in order to progress. Fishing on Tau will be a completely optional activity that players can do to have fun, with the benefit of obtaining some loot.
Sentient fish can also be placed into player fishtanks on their orbiters, and/or mounted on the wall (trophy blueprints can also be bought at the same vendor that offers the fishing spear).
Sentient Fish do not require any bait or special baits to spawn. Spawn rates of fish are determined by rarity, as well as certain environmental conditions. Rare fish grant greater rewards.

Fish:
Prochalyst (common): A Sentient probe that measures and modifies the acidity levels in the water with its two underbelly antennae.
Electalyst: (common): With its massive fins, Electalysts zip through the water at high speeds, filtering out microparticle concentrations that are too high.
Aralyst: (uncommon): This slow-moving Sentient drifts through the water and creates minor gravitational singularities to alter water pressures.
Photilyst: (rare): An aquatic Sentient that uses its tentacles to sculpt and shape rocks and sand at the bottom of the water.
Joulyst: (rare): This ring-shaped Sentient acts like a mobile battery source, wirelessly recharging Sentients in the area.
Anguilyst (rare): A mobile colony of Sentient nanomachines that are responsible for repairing or degrading other Sentients in the water.

Hope you guys think these fish are interesting! Would you decorate your orbiter with them? I have a few more fish coming which are tied to the environmental changes on Tau (some fish will only show up in the icy cold, or the heat, or electrical storms!), as well as that new fishing spear! My next project will probably be the Vaculyst, as well as writing up Fluffywolf's Sentient implosive grenade launcher as a weapon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Photilyst: (rare): An aquatic Sentient that uses its tentacles to sculpt and shape rocks and sand at the bottom of the water.

Without a doubt my favorite one here. 10/10 would decorate with

5 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

writing up Fluffywolf's Sentient implosive grenade launcher as a weapon.

It's a rocket launcher, actually.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

I was reminded of something while watching the first Transformers Movie: what if there was a scorpion-like Sentient that was like the one in that movie? One that was capable of burrowing just under the surface, surfacing briefly to attack before resubmerging.

If that’s not your cup of tea, it could be like the moldarachs from LOZ:Skyward Sword.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

It's a rocket launcher, actually.

...right. Well I mean it probably launches energy projectiles, so can you really call them rockets? Behaviour wise though, yeah, they travel in lines.

4 hours ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

I was reminded of something while watching the first Transformers Movie: what if there was a scorpion-like Sentient that was like the one in that movie? One that was capable of burrowing just under the surface, surfacing briefly to attack before resubmerging.

If that’s not your cup of tea, it could be like the moldarachs from LOZ:Skyward Sword.

I do have more fish coming, so perhaps!

34 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

...right. Well I mean it probably launches energy projectiles, so can you really call them rockets? Behaviour wise though, yeah, they travel in lines.

Well, it's either energy projectiles, warheads that create gravitational anomalies on impact, or something involving superdense material. I was never 100% sure. Probably energy though. But yeah, it's important to think of it as a rocket launcher, because I...

Well, not counting unique variants, we've only got 3 rocket launchers compared to a bunch of shotguns, assault rifles, burst rifles, magnum pistols, machine pistols, and bows. And only one of them is a proper primary version.

You do raise a good point though. It's only a rocket launcher in the same way that the EPG from Titanfall is a grenade launcher. Which is funny cause the EPG behaves more like a blaster from Star Wars or a rocket launcher.

unknown.png

@(XB1)Fluffywolf36 I'm struggling a bit on designs for our little brainchild, but its head is something that I can say looks great with confidence!

So far I've decided to really go all out with the "3 of" motif for the Vaculyst. I have it three 'prongs' on its head, three fingers on its non-weapon limb, and 3 legs! All complimenting the three rails on the weapon (which I'm still thinking of a name for).

Height wise, it's not going to be too big of a boy, but probably about 2 feet taller than a Warframe in the end. He'll have a relatively bulky silhouette on the battlefield.

7 hours ago, Unus said:

AH! Congrats! That marks your third time on there doesn't it? Green with non-toxic envy suh!

Second time, only, actually! Seems like I always give Megan a hard time when it comes to pronunciations +u+

It's a shame that they don't really cover Fan Concepts of the week anymore, otherwise something of yours would've definitely been featured by now.

4 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

So far I've decided to really go all out with the "3 of" motif for the Vaculyst. I have it three 'prongs' on its head, three fingers on its non-weapon limb, and 3 legs! All complimenting the three rails on the weapon (which I'm still thinking of a name for).

Oooh, I like where you're going with this! You've done an excellent job on the head, it looks... well, kinda eldritch, and very Sentient. 

My sympathy on the name, though. Naming Sentient stuff is hard. Fun fact about the original rocket launcher - one of the things I considered was either a skin or variant in Natah colors, but I got bored so I didn't do that. 

One thing I toyed with when making the Vaculyst (the launcher, not the Sentient... I sense much confusion in our future) is integrating the word "vortex."

By the way - I had an idea or two that I was toying with. Don't let this distract you from the current concept, but... how do you feel about aquatic Sentients? I was toying with a few ideas I might draw up sometime.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Don't let this distract you from the current concept, but... how do you feel about aquatic Sentients? I was toying with a few ideas I might draw up sometime.

Like submersible archwing-style Sentient enemies? Could be interesting! I guess I'd have to find a way to differentiate between bodies of water than are archwing-able and non-archwing-able, if you know what I mean. For the fishing!

Edited by Almighty_Jado

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Like submersible archwing-style Sentient enemies?

Exactly that! Except much like you, they're capable of jumping out of the water.

I was toying with the idea of them being able to flood rooms, but that just seems too big for a common-level Sentient enemy. Perhaps a boss. Yesss...

EDIT: Also, if you need any help designing.... I don't know, limbs or something, just ask.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

aquatic Sentients

Funny you mention it, I've been making (spoiler!) an underwater Landscape for Uranus (so heavy wip it's just mentioned by name in my thread). And I was thinking about making some Sentent encounters (Hunhow boss fight, anyone?) to happen there.

20 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Second time, only, actually! Seems like I always give Megan a hard time when it comes to pronunciations +u+

It's a shame that they don't really cover Fan Concepts of the week anymore, otherwise something of yours would've definitely been featured by now.

Heh, I gave her a hard time with lengthy descriptions, so, looks like Mr. Fluffy and Mr. Crow need to come up with new reasons/ be gentler to her.

Pah, I'm more then likely just being a tad bit greedy, as long as we all get our time up there at some point, I'm (mostly) content, heh.

7 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Funny you mention it, I've been making (spoiler!) an underwater Landscape for Uranus (so heavy wip it's just mentioned by name in my thread). And I was thinking about making some Sentent encounters (Hunhow boss fight, anyone?) to happen there.

Ooooo! Have I showed you "Restless Depths" before?!

9 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

I don't know, you tell me.

I was thinking a 3-4 way collab.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, I gave her a hard time with lengthy descriptions, so, looks like Mr. Fluffy and Mr. Crow need to come up with new reasons/ be gentler to her.

*thinks about some of the LORE I added in, a lot of which actually acts more like Destiny-style grimoire cards and stuff*

Oh, lore-dy...

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Ooooo! Have I showed you "Restless Depths" before?!

HWUAT'S THIS