Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I was thinking a 3-4 way collab.

*thinks about some of the LORE I added in, a lot of which actually acts more like Destiny-style grimoire cards and stuff*

Oh, lore-dy...

HWUAT'S THIS

Ooooo, a 3-4 way storm? I wouldn't be adverse to it, as long as I do my best to not stomp on anyone's toes. Gotta ask what Mistah J thinks of it.

Overstuffed the ol musket barrel eh? Hehe, poor dearie. I suppose it's inevitable for us all. Sept maybe our Lord-God and Master Daemonstar and his eternal glory.

Oh, Restless? It's an ancient thang I made that's still in-progress. Most relevant thing I can say about it is that there's a giant horror swimming around the Marianas trench, "Old Light". A cousin to what you see around here and a beast I detail in my Pit.

Heres the link (As if I wasn't enough of a shill as is, ugh.)

Edited by Unus

10 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I was thinking a 3-4 way collab.

*thinks about some of the LORE I added in, a lot of which actually acts more like Destiny-style grimoire cards and stuff*

Oh, lore-dy...

HWUAT'S THIS

10 hours ago, Unus said:

Ooooo, a 3-4 way storm? I wouldn't be adverse to it, as long as I do my best to not stomp on anyone's toes. Gotta ask what Mistah J thinks of it.

Overstuffed the ol musket barrel eh? Hehe, poor dearie. I suppose it's inevitable for us all. Sept maybe our Lord-God and Master Daemonstar and his eternal glory.

Oh, Restless? It's an ancient thang I made that's still in-progress. Most relevant thing I can say about it is that there's a giant horror swimming around the Marianas trench, "Old Light". A cousin to what you see around here and a beast I detail in my Pit.

Heres the link (As if I wasn't enough of a shill as is, ugh.)

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Hmmm

photo.jpg

I wouldn't be against that. Could be interesting.

Well, apologies in advance to @(XB1)Fluffywolf36 for coming NO WHERE close to how good looking his original drawing of the weapon this Sentient is holding. I tried my best!! I promise!! Anyways, I'm pretty happy with how the rest of this mean-looking, tripedal Sentient turned out. As usual, write some feedback for me on what you think! I'll be making a proper writeup for the actual weapon soon- players will be able to acquire the weapon's blueprint from Tau bounties.

SENTIENT VACULYSTVaculyst by AlmightyJado

Info:
A powerful heavy Sentient that has been switched from its original terraforming designation to a Tenno killer. Equipped with a potent Vorticibus gravity cannon, which utilizes scaled-down Ferrolyst technology to form potent, damaging gravitational singularities.
Gameplay:
-Vaculysts move at a medium speed thanks to their three legs, which allow them to traverse terrain with ease
-Vaculysts have medium health and high armour
-they are heavy units, meaning they aren't extremely rare, nor are they extremely common. They appear with relatively high frequency in higher-level areas of Tau
-Vaculysts use their main gravity cannon to launch projectiles that form scaled-down gravitational anomalies (like the ones found in Sorties or ESO). Players struck by these projectiles take medium Magnetic damage on impact, and then damage per second if they remain in contact with the singularity. Singularities tug on nearby players and can also be destroyed, in the same manner as naturally occurring ones.
-Vaculyst singularities last 10 seconds before fading from existance
-Vaculysts are also equipped with energy mortars in their skulls. This allows them to engage players up to 300 meters away in the same manner as Isalysts.
-Vaculysts can project a shield using their other arm. This shield covers the Vaculyst from head to toe vertically, but horizontally only covers a third of the Sentient
-10% of all damage absorbed by the shield is added to the Vaculyst's next mortar strike or singularity projectile
-As a Sentient, the Vaculyst has the ability to adapt to damage type from attacks: a Sentient's health is gated such that upon its hit points falling below a fixed percentage, it will grant 95% resistance to the damage type it has received the most. The Sentient will adapt to damage after losing 20% health, and every 15% more health lost after that. Subsequent adaptation will be done in descending order of damage proportion for each health gate. A single Sentient can adapt against a maximum of six damage types. On adapting to a damage type, the color of the glowing core on their chest changes to the corresponding damage type they recently adapted to, along with displaying the icon of said damage type below their health gauge. Like with all other Sentients, using the Operator's Void Beam will remove all their damage resistances. They can still regain their resistances however but the Void Beam will always be able to remove them. Vaculysts are also capable of adapting to debuff-based Warframe abilities such as Nova's Molecular Prime, with each subsequent uses reducing their duration linearly by 33%, down to 5%.

There you have it folks! I decided to create a more straightforward-style enemy since there's been so many I've made with complex mechanics. Not that that's a bad thing, but I guess a little bit of 'normal' mixed in never hurt anyone, eh? (Although, what IS normal for a Sentient...?)

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Well, apologies in advance to @(XB1)Fluffywolf36 for coming NO WHERE close to how good looking his original drawing of the weapon this Sentient is holding. I tried my best!

Don't worry - after all, you were adapting a design that took literal hours to color to something this small scale. It was hard for me, too, and I made the original.

sentient__vaculyst__rocket_launcher_by_h

(Admittedly, I intended it to be held like a traditional rocket launcher, but I gotta admit that using the rear prongs as the barrel was very tempting.) 

All that said, you did great! I especially like the addition of the shield. It gives this thing a lot of strategy, a method of defense that can't be immediately undone by Void Beam, and it'll require more tactics than my usual "RELEASE THE UMBROLIBUR!" method. I love it! This looks like a real powerhouse. The shield calls to mind an earlier Sentient concept I made on account of being frustrated that killing Conculysts and Battalysts was so easy (I'll post it at the end.). I'm sure this will be a good challenge.

The three-legged design is quite interesting to look at too - it means this will have an immediately recognizable silhouette. You did an excellent job integrating the "3" motif into it - the head, the legs, this immediately looks like it belongs with the Vaculyst Vorticibus. And I see you went with my suggestion for the name! I think I actually like "vorticibus" more.

(The concept in question. Fun fact - the quote from the Player Tenno? That was actually my reaction to finding out what a horror I'd created. Well, my actual reaction was "oh, ****" but apparently, I can get Afrikaans past the censors! BOOSH)

On 2018-07-18 at 7:21 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Enemy Concept: Assimilated Nullifier

"Oh, fok."
--Player Tenno

A deadly hybrid of Sentient and Corpus technology, the Assimilated Nullifier is created through the process of fusing Sentient Bone to a living organism, most often a Corpus Nullifier. The battery, enviro-suit, and vein merge with the ceramic composites of Sentient Bone, vein-analogues, wires, and machinery, till it becomes nigh-impossible to tell where any of it begins or ends. Arbiters of Hexis pathologists have attempted to discern this question, with little to no success.

Abilities:

Nullifier Bubble - standard nullifier bubble.
Null Beam - condenses the power of the Nullifier Bubble into a beam, while using its limbs as anchors. This renders it nigh-immobile. That said, it leaves itself open at this point in time because it can't use the bubble. While the beam is hitscan (obviously) it tracks side to side or up noticeably slower than a Tenno with bullet jump can move. You can absolutely outrun its tracking.
Laser Prism - Same as the Battalyst.
Flash Step  - can move <2 meters in any direction instantaneously. This has a cooldown.
NOTEI considered giving them the Conculyst's moveset, but one of these things with Whirlwind was just too horrible to imagine.
ALSO NOTE: I don't know what the basic weapon for this is. Some sort of plasma machinegun?

Vulnerability:

Near-immune to status, but vulnerable to radiation and magnetic damage.

Note: Apologies for the lack of a drawing to go with this, but I needed to get the idea off my chest... and raise attention to the thread. Fun fact. This concept took 5 minutes to make!
(Also, I didn't mean for it to say... that word, but Warframe does not censor it so eh
.)

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

Quick post I wanted to get out to compliment that fish post I got out earlier. Vorticibus weapon entry will follow up soon!

Zekoth Fishing Spear by AlmightyJado
The Zekoth Fishing Spear:
The Zekoth Fishing Spear is a spear available only in the Tau hub world. The Zekoth spear is made of special, reverse engineered Sentient materials, and comes with a built in EMP emitter to disable the fish. Thus, it is the only spear capable of piercing the armour of Sentient fish.
The Zekoth spear behaves exactly like other spears (same travel time, retracts in a similar manner, etc). As an added bonus/functionality, the Zekoth becomes a 'fish-scanner' while aimed. This allows players to scan non-Sentient fish (like the ones able to be found in the Orbs Vallis and the Plains of Eidolon). Scanning the same type of fish 3 times grants the spear the ability to successfully catch that type of fish with a 100% success rate. Essentially, this means with enough patience, this spear will replace the need for players to have to swap between the Lanzo, Tulok and Peram spears in order to catch fish. NOTE: The spear's scans are reset upon leaving the open zone the player was at, meaning that this spear is better suited for long term fishing trips rather than shorter expeditions.
As a fun little tidbit, throwing the spear at en enemy will always proc them with magnetic!

The Zekoth's blueprint can be acquired at the Fishing/Mining Vendor on Tau for 100,000Credits64
BLUEPRINT: 50,000Credits64| 20Tellurium64| 150raw-shatterite.png| 5Fieldron64| 5DetoniteInjector64

Edited by Almighty_Jado

Gun time! gun GUN GUN
Of course, a very special shoutout to @(XB1)Fluffywolf36 for creating and 'donating' this weapon for use in my concept! Please go check out his own thread as well as his DeviantArt! To Fluffy, if you're reading this, I made a few functionality changes that I think would create a unique experience when using this big Sentient cannon! Hope you approve of 'em!

VORTICIBUS
Sentient 'Vaculyst' Rocket Launcher by HaruAxeman
Info:
A terrifying, powerful weapon designed to alter gravity itself. Launches condensed graviton bolts that create deadly gravitational anomalies.
Stats:
MR: 14
Slot: Primary
Type: Launcher
Trigger Type: Semi
Ammo Type: Sniper
Flight Speed: 50 m/s
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 120 RPM
Accuracy: 30.5
Magazine: 3
Max Ammo: 30
Reload: 1.8 seconds
Base Damage: 120 Magnetic bMagnetic, 100 Blast bBlast
Total Damage: 220
Crit Chance: 26%
Crit Multiplier: 3.2x
Status Chance: 18%
Polarities: Koneksi Pol,Vazarin Pol
Special Properties: Upon contact with a surface or enemy, projectiles explode, dealing damage in a 6 meter radius before creating a gravitational anomaly. Gravitational anomalies constantly pull on nearby enemies, drawing them into the center. Certain fast-moving enemies may be able to escape the pull. Gravitational anomalies last for 15 seconds, and deal 10% of the total damage to any enemies inside of it every second. Each damage tick can crit, procs Magnetic bMagnetic, with an added 10% chance to proc any other modded elements. Gravitational anomalies do not pull on the player, but the initial explosion as well as standing inside the anomaly will cause self damage.
Alternate Fire: Causes any mid-air projectiles to split into three smaller projectiles, spreading horizontally. Each of these smaller projectiles behave in the exact same way as a normal projectile would, with a few changes: split projectiles travel at 70 m/s, and each only deals 33.3% damage. Gravitational anomalies and initial explosion radius is reduced to 5 meters.

3 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Also I forgot this, but:

The Vorticibus' blueprint can be earned by completing bounties on Tau.
BLUEPRINT: 50,000Credits64| 3Swarovski Crystal Icon 24x24 png| 9,000Cryotic| 500QuillsCommonPickup| 15demonite.png

also a little cookie
Smite_Sentient.png

So I've noticed that you're using some custom resources for your weapons. Are you planning to show them off (I couldn't find them in the main post, if they were already explained then my bad)?  Also, those are 500 Intact Cores, right?

4 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

(Stats snip)

I am LOVING these stats! Added them to the original design, crediting you. I have to ask though, what kind of mods do you expect to add in on that first polarity? I've only seen that symbol on legendary cores...

4 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Alternate Fire: Causes any mid-air projectiles to split into three smaller projectiles, spreading horizontally. Each of these smaller projectiles behave in the exact same way as a normal projectile would, with a few changes: split projectiles travel at 70 m/s, and each only deals 33.3% damage. Gravitational anomalies and initial explosion radius is reduced to 5 meters.

Y'know how I said the remote detonation on this thing was inspired by the Kulstar? Well, the thought occurs that I... don't actually use the remote detonation too often, and it's kind of unwieldy because the rockets move so fast.

Basically what I'm saying is that the original version has its flaws, this is a fair addition, and it could give this interesting crowd control. I approve!

I also like the idea of making it more of a crit weapon, as you did here.

4 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Almighty_Jado reused the symbol to mean Omni polarity. You can put any mod onto it, it will be half cost.

Ohhhhhhhh...

EDIT: Wait, so this means I can make a Primed Cryo Rounds build without locking myself into its same polarity and preserving the flexibility of this build? YEAH BOYIE!

7 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

So I've noticed that you're using some custom resources for your weapons. Are you planning to show them off (I couldn't find them in the main post, if they were already explained then my bad)?  Also, those are 500 Intact Cores, right?

Heheh yes!
I haven't revealed what these resources are just yet, but soon!
Those are actually placeholder images right now too, I just haven't gotten around to creating custom art yet. Once I do, then I'll properly introduce them

4 hours ago, (PS4)stormfalcon2018 said:

so are you thinking of introducing a new vehicle that is best for this place. Cause if you are then the only idea that i have is a vehicle similar to the destiny series sparrows but that has more of a sentient theme to it.

Likely not. With k-drives and archwings we have plenty of ways of getting around. Too much and it gets ridiculous

1 hour ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

I’ve rethought about my suggestion for the gafralyst and changed it a bit:

once you successfully topple the gafralyst, you can attack the hive on its back. Deal enough damage to it, and you can “pop” it. “Pop” it, and you can claim rare resources, and one random Sentient Zaw part as well.

You can actually pop the hive with void beam

7 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Heheh yes!
I haven't revealed what these resources are just yet, but soon!
Those are actually placeholder images right now too, I just haven't gotten around to creating custom art yet. Once I do, then I'll properly introduce them

I see. Are they going to be acquired in some special way, or by conventional mining? Or is it spoiler territory for now?

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

I see. Are they going to be acquired in some special way, or by conventional mining? Or is it spoiler territory for now?

The plan is to have them available to acquire in multiple ways while remaining exclusive to Tau.

They’ll drop with different degrees of rarity from Sentients, can be mined with lasers, fishing, and as Bounty rewards.

Basically any activity on Tau can grant players a chance to pick up some of the resources!

4 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

The plan is to have them available to acquire in multiple ways while remaining exclusive to Tau.

They’ll drop with different degrees of rarity from Sentients, can be mined with lasers, fishing, and as Bounty rewards.

Basically any activity on Tau can grant players a chance to pick up some of the resources!

Oh, that sounds cool. You sure did take notes from Plains-related feedback.

If you're running low on Ideas for Sentients, I've got a few from creatures that are extinct now:

Platyceramus (giant clam): Sentient Giant Clam/Bear Trap

Paraceratherium (Giant hornless rhino): Sentient anti-fortification/anti-structure unit, can stomp a Tenno flat if they make a bad move.

Cameroceras (largest shelled prehistoric giant squid): Can ram through any ship or underwater base with one ramming jet

Titanomyrma (prehistoric giant flying ant): Do I need to say anymore than "annoying ants"?

Phorusrhacidae a.k.a. Terror Bird (pronounced "forest-wrasse-it-ee"): Fast, powerful, and deadly. Sentient of Three Features

Just a quick status update:

Currently working on some more Sentient fish. The first round of them were super fun to make, so I’m gonna keep experimenting and see how weird or how similar I can make them compared to already existing aquatic organisms on Earth!

Also because these fish will be “seasonal” based (since the Tau Open Zone is divided into 5 areas, which rotate in “seasons” every so often), I’ll be solidifying the details of the Open Zone a little further in terms of weather and other cycles.

In addition to this, I’ll finally be updating the main post’s Hub World map to @(PS4)TwistedInstincts‘ latest lineart map that he provided so generously a while back. This will be accompanied by some weapon changes (mostly for that Avakan), proper artwork for Tau-exclusive resources and maybe a few more details here and there.

If the post gets long enough, I might even set the update version to 3.0!

After all this passes, I think I’ll start working on either Rhett’s amp components and other rewards, or more Sentient Zaw components.

16 hours ago, LostEpoch said:

I'm really enjoying the designs you're producing with this project! I love the idea of Sentient wildlife and you're going so in depth with it too. Keep it up! Excited to see the next round of fish!

Thanks! I hope I can impress you!

11 hours ago, Unus said:

Oooooo, were both about to start paralleling each other suh! I'm gonna be doing fishing, you'll be doing fishing, should be fun! Big difference is that mine ell be a bit more. . . threatening, to say the least, heh.

I DID have plans for aggressive Sentient fish! However I found that most players aren't exactly a fan of having to deal with survivability while fishing. Plus, I figured that not EVERY Sentient had adaptations for combat- I'm exploring some more 'benign' forms that Sentients might be able to take!

Everything else on land kinda wants to kill you because, well, it's the LEGION of Tau!

Anyways, it'll be neat to see what fish stuff you come up with! I look forward to it