Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

1 minute ago, Almighty_Jado said:

My idea is that Hunhow himself is a species/model of Sentient that there are many more of. The Zordalyst is a different species/model of Sentient as well. The reason why he doesn't have a name is because there are multiple of him. I mean, a Zordalyst could have an actual name like Hunhow does, but in the end it's irrelevant because the player could very well be killing 7 different Zordalysts in the same day.

Kinda imagine the Zordalyst as a Juggernaut.

Sorry for kind of the scatterbrained, rambly reply. I guess the TL;DR is that "-lyst' refers to a model of Sentient in my opinion and that there is more than one Zordalyst in existence

Ok, I suppose that makes sense. Though we could use some official DE-approved definition of Sentient naming conventions.

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

Ok, I suppose that makes sense. Though we could use some official DE-approved definition of Sentient naming conventions.

Yes we could >:3

Although now that i think about it, it could be possible that Zordalysts are in fact fragments of some other giant Sentient somewhere! The transmissions may just be the larger sentient speaking remotely!

A terrifying thought.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Sometimes he posts some interesting food for thought, though!

Does he now? Care to share? Cuse all I've seen is "Careful in the Moshpit fratboy."

Edited by Unus

AH, actually, you know what? Dumb question, but, can I get your opinion on a part on a piece of mine?

Long story shortened for the sake of your attention, Sentient weapon on the way, real nice piece but, problem.

Two modes on the Sentient weapon, shotgun and sniper, one of them will receive the electric element, the other, radiation

. I have no idea which will work best for the other when it comes to utilization, so, as fellow players, may I have your two cents?

Edited by Unus

12 minutes ago, Unus said:

AH, actually, you know what? Dumb question, but, can I get your opinion on a part on a piece of mine?

Long story shortened for the sake of your attention, Sentient weapon on the way, real nice piece but, problem.

Twomodes on the Sentient weapon, shotgun and sniper, one of them will receive the electric element, the other, radiation

. I have no idea which will work best for the other when it comes to utilization, so, as fellow players, may I have your two cents?

I'd say shottie gets electricity (so you can stun a lot of enemies up close) and sniper gets radiation (so you can single out a big guy and radiate him, everyone starts attacking the big guy, grofit).

5 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Ok...? I fail to see how this is relevant to my thread

4 hours ago, Unus said:

I've had a similar experience. Filled with such glee, then, revelation that it's some kinda unrelated posting.

Wait. . . THATS the same guy from my Thread piece!

It's relevant because it would do good as an opening for the New War Quest. It also reveals that Ballas isn't the only Orokin Executor still around (There are Seven Total, I think).

I'd say shottie gets electricity (so you can stun a lot of enemies up close) and sniper gets radiation (so you can single out a big guy and radiate him, everyone starts attacking the big guy, grofit).

Ah, I see, I'll stick that in as a vote as I work on the other bits then. Thanks for your unexpected opinion.

1 hour ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

It's relevant because it would do good as an opening for the New War Quest. It also reveals that Ballas isn't the only Orokin Executor still around (There are Seven Total, I think).

But, this is a Sentient thread strand. By all means, you may have and present your ideas, but, why present them here in an area unrelated to them?

Also, yes, the Seven Executors of the Seven Golden Emperors.

Edited by Unus

4 hours ago, doppleganger_01 said:

the mosin nagant is obvious, but is the fuselok inspired on a FN FAL or a H&K G3? also the thrombocyst looks like the landcer from gears of war, but is that on purpous?

You'd have to ask @(XB1)Fluffywolf36 about the Thrombocyst. I'm pretty sure its just like a really heavily mutated Boltor in terms of inspiration though. Fluffy also designed the Fuselok, so he can answer your question on that as well 🙂

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

I agree this could be good, but also vice versa may be equally as effective- confuse a lot of enemies up close, (similar to the Arca Plasmor), or fire a high damage single shot that will wipe out several targets due to electricity's arcing behavior. Either way would be effective, imo! Hard to say which would be better though
@Unus

2 hours ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

There were 7 Executors, yes. Ballas is likely the only one still alive though, since he acted essentially against all the others.

However, bear in mind I'm not linking anything about my concept to The New War because there's nothing to go off of, and DE likely has their own schedule that I will let them follow. If you wish to brainstorm and speculate idea about the New War, I would kindly ask you to start a thread of your own 🙂

Edited by Almighty_Jado

32 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

You'd have to ask @(XB1)Fluffywolf36 about the Thrombocyst. I'm pretty sure its just like a really heavily mutated Boltor in terms of inspiration though. Fluffy also designed the Fuselok, so he can answer your question on that as well 🙂

I agree this could be good, but also vice versa may be equally as effective- confuse a lot of enemies up close, (similar to the Arca Plasmor), or fire a high damage single shot that will wipe out several targets due to electricity's arcing behavior. Either way would be effective, imo! Hard to say which would be better though
@Unus

There were 7 Executors, yes. Ballas is likely the only one still alive though, since he acted essentially against all the others.

However, bear in mind I'm not linking anything about my concept to The New War because there's nothing to go off of, and DE likely has their own schedule that I will let them follow. If you wish to brainstorm and speculate idea about the New War, I would kindly ask you to start a thread of your own 🙂

Oof, might need to stick a coin flip in there then, it's so easy to get me clogged with indecision.

The Legion of Tau: Hotfix 2.9

Changes:

• Thrombocyst no longer requires the Hema as prerequisite research and instead requires the Dual Toxocyst.
  • Omni Polarities are no longer compatible with Umbra Polarities
  • Updated description of certain amp components to better reflect certain traits

Responses:

@HugintheCrow what do you mean by 3600 raw damage on the Mos Naganta? I think you might be mistaken

Edited by Almighty_Jado

18 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

The Legion of Tau: Hotfix 2.9

Changes:

• Thrombocyst no longer requires the Hema as prerequisite research and instead requires the Dual Toxocyst.
  • Omni Polarities are no longer compatible with Umbra Polarities
  • Updated description of certain amp components to better reflect certain traits

Responses:

@HugintheCrow what do you mean by 3600 raw damage on the Mos Naganta? I think you might be mistaken

300 damage base. Times 3 because you fire 3 shots. Each of them however has 300% multi shot from the passive, meaning each round is actually 4 shots. So, 300x3x4=3600.

300 damage base. Times 3 because you fire 3 shots. Each of them however has 300% multi shot from the passive, meaning each round is actually 4 shots. So, 300x3x4=3600.

Ah, I guess I should’ve been more accurate in my description- each bullet IS the multishot bonus. Like, the rifle itself unloads the entire magazine in one shot as if the single bullet it was firing had a multishot buff.

You get me?

EDIT: perhaps if I don’t use the word multishot it will be less confusing

Edited by Almighty_Jado

30 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Ah, I guess I should’ve been more accurate in my description- each bullet IS the multishot bonus. Like, the rifle itself unloads the entire magazine in one shot as if the single bullet it was firing had a multishot buff.

You get me?

EDIT: perhaps if I don’t use the word multishot it will be less confusing

Aaah, ok. That explains it. I thought it was burst firing them. So, it shoots 3 rounds instantly (like an ultra precise long range shotgun). Got it.

Yeah, saying multishot might be the cause of confusion here. Multishot generally means no ammo used. This gun here uses more ammo when shooting the rounds.

3 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Aaah, ok. That explains it. I thought it was burst firing them. So, it shoots 3 rounds instantly (like an ultra precise long range shotgun). Got it.

Yeah, saying multishot might be the cause of confusion here. Multishot generally means no ammo used. This gun here uses more ammo when shooting the rounds.

Changed the description! Should be all nice and clear now!

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Heh, I need someone like you for the Pit someday.

11 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Changes:

Now I have no issues crafting another Dual Toxocyst to create this, but the Dual Toxocyst is my favourite weapon in game. Thats a big ask for me.

No there is no real feed back here. Ummm...

Map Update! I have designed the layout of the walls and started sketching out appropriate sizes and layouts for all the environmental aesthetics. Expect pencil sketches soon

6 hours ago, (PS4)TwistedInstincts said:

Now I have no issues crafting another Dual Toxocyst to create this, but the Dual Toxocyst is my favourite weapon in game. Thats a big ask for me.

No there is no real feed back here. Ummm...

Map Update! I have designed the layout of the walls and started sketching out appropriate sizes and layouts for all the environmental aesthetics. Expect pencil sketches soon

Map hype!

Also, you don’t need the Dual Toxocyst as an actual crafting ingredient, it’s the Clan Research that needs to be completed before you’re able to research the Thrombocyst, actually!

Sorry folks! Nothing new today- I was going to release the Arbiters of Hexis Primary weapon as well as a visual update for the Dax Dowager....

...but the Nidus deluxe skin came out. If you couldn’t guess by my profile picture, the only thing I love more than the Sentients is our sticcy boi Nidus himself.

Stay tuned though!

To step/stay away from Hunhow for the time being, at Jado’s request, I’ve come up with something I put up elsewhere but am now putting here.

They are... the Sentient Lords.

Because we don’t know if Hunhow is the de facto leader, there might be others who might be against us for other reasons besides Hunhow’s known one.

The idea would be like, the first one we encounter welcomes us (the Tenno) to Tau, but grieves that, and these are his full introductory speech:

“You still live? How astonishing! No wonder the golden invaders called you heroes. But this is truly a bittersweet reunion. Truly! For I fear this is the last time we will see you alive.”

Then he launches his offensive.

Another would be like GlaDOS, who complains that we didn’t die when we should have. While a third introduces himself like this:

”Welcome to Lvl (how many sentient lords you’ve destroyed) game players, where things get a little tougher. But now let me introduce you to the home team.

43 minutes ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

To step/stay away from Hunhow for the time being, at Jado’s request, I’ve come up with something I put up elsewhere but am now putting here.

They are... the Sentient Lords.

Because we don’t know if Hunhow is the de facto leader, there might be others who might be against us for other reasons besides Hunhow’s known one.

The idea would be like, the first one we encounter welcomes us (the Tenno) to Tau, but grieves that, and these are his full introductory speech:

“You still live? How astonishing! No wonder the golden invaders called you heroes. But this is truly a bittersweet reunion. Truly! For I fear this is the last time we will see you alive.”

Then he launches his offensive.

Another would be like GlaDOS, who complains that we didn’t die when we should have. While a third introduces himself like this:

”Welcome to Lvl (how many sentient lords you’ve destroyed) game players, where things get a little tougher. But now let me introduce you to the home team.

According to Hunhow, there are indeed others elsewhere who "outrank" him, saying that "he won't be able to stop THEM this time.".

Gives your view some merit.

1 hour ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

Snip

I actually did read your original thread where you suggested this idea.

While I already invented my own Sentient Brood Ships (which is the Sentient equivalent to an Overlords), I feel like they won’t actually take much part in combat on Tau, as destroying them would cause whatever fragments they manufacture to disappear from the list of encounter-able enemies.

All in all I’m staying away from as many story elements as possible and focusing on gameplay systems, economy systems, etc.

Ultimately my goal is to create an endgame environment for veteran players such as myself who have been playing the game essentially since launch, who have all these high Forma, super powerful builds, huge stockpiles of resources, and other stuff that is essentially useless/unused. Lore is something that can be tacked on secondarily at a later point.

10 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

I actually did read your original thread where you suggested this idea.

While I already invented my own Sentient Brood Ships (which is the Sentient equivalent to an Overlords), I feel like they won’t actually take much part in combat on Tau, as destroying them would cause whatever fragments they manufacture to disappear from the list of encounter-able enemies.

All in all I’m staying away from as many story elements as possible and focusing on gameplay systems, economy systems, etc.

Ultimately my goal is to create an endgame environment for veteran players such as myself who have been playing the game essentially since launch, who have all these high Forma, super powerful builds, huge stockpiles of resources, and other stuff that is essentially useless/unused. Lore is something that can be tacked on secondarily at a later point.

Easy way to fuse mine with yours: who are the intelligences that control the broodships?

3 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Brood Ships have their own minds.

Hunhow was a Brood Ship, Eidolon was a Brood Ship, etc.

I really would like to have a full boss battle against Hunhow. Yes, the Octavia quest was fun (it really was, I enjoyed it at least) but an actual, shoot-your-guns battle against him is something I wish was a thing. I guess the Eidolons are kinda like that, but it just isn't the same, since they don't really speak or have any personal history/rivalry with the players.

Which is why some of your bosses are so interesting, they have this personal feeling to them, like you fight a villain, not a mindless fragment.