Almighty_Jado

The Legion of Tau 4.3: THE SHADOW OF EREBOS (Features a new Warframe, Quest, Weapons, Enemies, Mods, Warhorses, and way, way more!)

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I BEEN THINKIN TODAYYYY

ABOUT THEM VACULYSTS.

See, sometimes it bothers me that Warframe releases new faction weapons.... but nobody who seems to use them. The Amprex is awesome but only one enemy uses it, it'd be pretty interesting to see Grineer with Quartakks who act as designated marksmen (or women, either or) in the squad, or Comba-like enemies with an automatic Scisco, or... well, honestly, I'm mostly thinking about Corpus enemies. They pale in comparison to the massive variety of Grineer units for Earth, Mars, spaceships, Uranus, the Plains, and Kuva Fortress. But that's beside the point.

Anyway, I have a Sentient weapon design coming in the next week or so, and I was wondering how you felt about designing an enemy to fit around it.

Sold.

EDIT: thank goodness for Fortuna though, eh? We have new folks like those Tera Crewmen with Arca Plasmors coming in!

But yes I totally agree we need more variety!

Edited by Almighty_Jado

3 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

EDIT: thank goodness for Fortuna though, eh? We have new folks like those Tera Crewmen with Arca Plasmors coming in!

*googles* Holy balls, they do!

...Maybe I can work on some possible Corpus enemies. Or new Infested. When was the last time we got new Infested enemies? I literally cannot remember.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

Sold.

But yes I totally agree we need more variety!

1 minute ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

*googles* Holy balls, they do!

...Maybe I can work on some possible Corpus enemies. Or new Infested. When was the last time we got new Infested enemies?

This knda makes me want to make additional threads based around each faction. But that's definitely only when/if I'm finished with my Grineer stuff.

Probably won't do anything with the Sentients though, since this thread's got them covered as far as fan concepts go.

Anyway, how's the Gafralyst going?

Alright! Here's the Gafralyst! It's really late at night right now since I went out on the town with some friends and I may or may not be wasted, but here we go!

SENTIENT GAFRALYST
Gafralyst by AlmightyJado

Info:
A massive, towering Sentient that carries a levitating obelisk hive on its back. Wherever these terrifying giants tread, a dark cloud of swarming Sentients follow.
Gameplay:
-Gafralysts are very tall and cannot be damaged by melee attacks due to their long legs, which are invulnerable to damage. Players must aim at the torso and head to deal damage
-legs do have weak spots on the knees. Dealing enough damage to a leg causes the Gafralyst to stagger momentarily. Impact damage is especially effective against legs. Gafralysts take increased damage while staggered.
-Gafralysts' necks sway about unpredictably during combat in order to reduce the ease of landing headshots. Other than this however, Gafralysts move at a very slow rate; slightly slower than a Teralyst
-Gafralysts' obelisk-hives can be destroyed using amps/operator abilities, removing the ability for that Gafralyst to produce more Etekalysts
-Gafralysts spawn Etekalysts every 5 seconds, with a maximum of 10 active at a time.
-Gafralysts have no direct attacks of their own other than small expanding shockwaves produced every time they take a step.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I BEEN THINKIN TODAYYYY

ABOUT THEM VACULYSTS.

See, sometimes it bothers me that Warframe releases new faction weapons.... but nobody who seems to use them. The Amprex is awesome but only one enemy uses it, it'd be pretty interesting to see Grineer with Quartakks who act as designated marksmen (or women, either or) in the squad, or Comba-like enemies with an automatic Scisco, or... well, honestly, I'm mostly thinking about Corpus enemies. They pale in comparison to the massive variety of Grineer units for Earth, Mars, spaceships, Uranus, the Plains, and Kuva Fortress. But that's beside the point.

Anyway, I have a Sentient weapon design coming in the next week or so, and I was wondering how you felt about designing an enemy to fit around it.

I know EXACTLY how you feel suh! All of my Deimos Grineer units are equipped with either my designed weapons or ones you never really see on the battlefield like the Atmos, Buzlok, and Argonak. I've had a hard time coming up with new Corpus units however, with the Approximate being the only "normal" one.

Seems reasonable in my books suh!

9 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Alright! Here's the Gafralyst! It's really late at night right now since I went out on the town with some friends and I may or may not be wasted, but here we go!

SENTIENT GAFRALYST
Gafralyst by AlmightyJado

Info:
A massive, towering Sentient that carries a levitating obelisk hive on its back. Wherever these terrifying giants tread, a dark cloud of swarming Sentients follow.
Gameplay:
-Gafralysts are very tall and cannot be damaged by melee attacks due to their long legs, which are invulnerable to damage. Players must aim at the torso and head to deal damage
-legs do have weak spots on the knees. Dealing enough damage to a leg causes the Gafralyst to stagger momentarily. Impact damage is especially effective against legs. Gafralysts take increased damage while staggered.
-Gafralysts' necks sway about unpredictably during combat in order to reduce the ease of landing headshots. Other than this however, Gafralysts move at a very slow rate; slightly slower than a Teralyst
-Gafralysts' obelisk-hives can be destroyed using amps/operator abilities, removing the ability for that Gafralyst to produce more Etekalysts
-Gafralysts spawn Etekalysts every 5 seconds, with a maximum of 10 active at a time.
-Gafralysts have no direct attacks of their own other than small expanding shockwaves produced every time they take a step.

Not bad, but I've got some comments/ideas on it.

First of all, it kind of looks like the Gerudo divine beast from Zelda: Breath of the Wild. So, as a last ditch defense, it can charge up homing lightning blasts.

Second of all, if you cause it to stagger by targeting the knees of the legs on either the left or the right side, it falls to the ground and takes increased damages and nullifies the adaptive defenses until it gets up.

1 hour ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

First of all, it kind of looks like the Gerudo divine beast from Zelda: Breath of the Wild. So, as a last ditch defense, it can charge up homing lightning blasts.

Second of all, if you cause it to stagger by targeting the knees of the legs on either the left or the right side, it falls to the ground and takes increased damages and nullifies the adaptive defenses until it gets up.

The Gafralyst actually doesn’t have adaptive defences. I try to give that only to smaller scale enemies to make them more difficult to take down- plus, these larger enemies are usually more unique and have more complex strategies involved with taking them down, so throwing in the ability to adapt would make them way more annoying to destroy.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

The Gafralyst actually doesn’t have adaptive defences. I try to give that only to smaller scale enemies to make them more difficult to take down- plus, these larger enemies are usually more unique and have more complex strategies involved with taking them down, so throwing in the ability to adapt would make them way more annoying to destroy.

Maybe it doesn’t have adaptive defenses, but it does have increased damage resistance, and toppling to the ground completely negates those defenses, because it allows Tenno to easily attack the significantly less armored underbelly.

Also, it only starts charging charging electricity after 3/4ths of its health is gone. It takes a while to charge the homing blast and lock onto a Tenno, but the blast never misses and really hurts. The only way to not get targeted is to keep moving and not slow down, not even to aim.

3 hours ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

4 minutes ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

Maybe it doesn’t have adaptive defenses, but it does have increased damage resistance, and toppling to the ground completely negates those defenses, because it allows Tenno to easily attack the significantly less armored underbelly.

Also, it only starts charging charging electricity after 3/4ths of its health is gone. It takes a while to charge the homing blast and lock onto a Tenno, but the blast never misses and really hurts. The only way to not get targeted is to keep moving and not slow down, not even to aim.

Why do you keep writing these comments as if you were stating a fact?

You are posting suggestions for OP's ideas.

e.g. "does have resistance" should be "could have resistance"

On 2018-08-31 at 6:46 AM, Unus said:

I think the fellow was giving you an underhanded compliment Mr. Jado, implying that your designs are Game-worthy additions that don't belong stuck in here.

your correct 

33 minutes ago, BlazGaming said:

your correct 

Ah well in that case, thank you very much. 🙂

I very much appreciate compliments from others, especially when I work really hard on something 😄

Sorry on behalf of the others here, you know how tricky it is to communicate over the web. Text can’t convey meaning. Have a good day though, and I hope you enjoy future content I make ^u^

1 hour ago, BlazGaming said:

it was supposed to be a compliment

1 hour ago, BlazGaming said:

your correct 

53 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Ah well in that case, thank you very much. 🙂

I very much appreciate compliments from others, especially when I work really hard on something 😄

Sorry on behalf of the others here, you know how tricky it is to communicate over the web. Text can’t convey meaning. Have a good day though, and I hope you enjoy future content I make ^u^

It’s not entirely correct. I’m autistic, and I’m just not good with words. But before you ask, I’m not an autistic savant, like in Rain Man; what I have is Asperger’s Syndrome.

1 hour ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

It’s not entirely correct. I’m autistic, and I’m just not good with words. But before you ask, I’m not an autistic savant, like in Rain Man; what I have is Asperger’s Syndrome.

???

what are you talking about

3 minutes ago, BlazGaming said:

???

what are you talking about

He is saying he is autistic, and wants to show it off. Also can we stop talking about this? This is a thread about the tau system idea and not autism and other stuff

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Poison___Insect said:

He is saying he is autistic, and wants to show it off. Also can we stop talking about this? This is a thread about the tau system idea and not autism and other stuff

ik he is showing it off I just don't get why he brought it up >~<

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Poison___Insect said:

I think he is saying due to autism he misunderstood something something Jado wrote in the thread. Which is cool hes not flauting it around like you wrote

Look people, I don’t want my thread to be locked just because people start arguing over who’s autistic and who’s not.

Frankly, I don’t care. This is not a place where it is appropriate to discuss such things. If you want to start an argument about mental afflictions, to the General Discussion subforum and start a thread in Off Topic. I would prefer the traffic here to revolve around my fan concept, not Asperger’s.

/rant

4/6 Sentient Fish for all environments are completed! Once I finish the last two I’ll be posting that, then I’ll be starting work on a Sentient based on Fluffywolf’s latest Sentient weapon design.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Look people, I don’t want my thread to be locked just because people start arguing over who’s autistic and who’s not.

Frankly, I don’t care. This is not a place where it is appropriate to discuss such things. If you want to start an argument about mental afflictions, to the General Discussion subforum and start a thread in Off Topic. I would prefer the traffic here to revolve around my fan concept, not Asperger’s.

/rant

4/6 Sentient Fish for all environments are completed! Once I finish the last two I’ll be posting that, then I’ll be starting work on a Sentient based on Fluffywolf’s latest Sentient weapon design.

Well Said. 

I cant wait to see the fish for the Tau enviroment.

/rant

It's a rocket launcher that causes implosions instead of explosions!

17 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Sentient 'Vaculyst' Rocket Launcher

sentient__vaculyst__rocket_launcher_by_h

LORE
"Rocket launcher that causes implosions instead of explosions."

In the Old War, on some of the primitive planets and moons (such as Mars) that the Orokin kept as reservations, several populations saw the Sentients as Gods more powerful than their Golden Lords. They attempted to prostrate themselves before these strange, seemingly alien machines, swearing their loyalty and begging for protection from the depredations of Orokin who saw them as near-feral.

To their surprise - and that of various Sentients! - one such Sentient ravaging one such planet agreed, and created for its fledgling cult weapons of its own Bone, such as the Vaculyst. 

Troops armed with these weapons proved to eviscerate the security forces of what would one day become the Corpus, and proved to be a major source of traitorous human troops for the Sentients. Said troops, known only as Betrayers, were killed by Tenno and captured by the Orokin. At which point the Orokin Executors themselves subjected these traitors to an execution method so insanely brutal that it had no name. What happened to the Betrayer Troops who avoided Orokin retribution is unknown, and opinions differ on whether the Sentients rewarded or punished them for their faith.

Weapons such as the Vaculyst are seemingly long gone. But a clever treasure hunter or adventurer, or more likely a Warframe, has an easy chance of finding the remains of a Vaculyst in places that the Orokin forgot, or the ravaged battlefields of the Old War. Perhaps one day, one could be brought back to full function.

Rumor has it that the Grineer 'Arid' troops are very interested in recovering some on Mars...

GAMEPLAY
Crit-focused
Primarily magnetic damage
(The vortex does NOT suck you in, too. That would be terrible.)
Mag size - 3

The Vaculyst is a 3-round Sentient rocket launcher firing projectiles which disrupt gravity on impact... or when remotely detonated. These gravitational anomalies do magnetic damage, because that's how gravitational anomalies work gameplay-wise in Warframe and @Almighty_Jado and I decided it was the safest bet here.

Once the gravitational anomaly is finished, uh, imploding, it finally explodes, dealing blast damage. The magnetic is the main focus here, though.

Much like the Kulstar, its projectiles can be remotely detonated in midair.

DESIGN PHILOSOPHY

This was created because I wanted to make a Sentient weapon - and a rocket launcher that imploded rather than exploded seemed suitably alien for them. In terms of hand positions, this recycles the same positions as the Angstrum. The height of its rear section means that ideally, it should have the same ergonomics as a traditional shoulder-fired rocket launcher.

In terms of shape, it's... almost entirely ripped off from the Crog Tridents from Oban Star Racers. The arcing narrow shapes, the rounded, almost organic look, the spikes... I had to. I just had to.

I also toyed with the idea of giving one the Angstrum's trigger, but in my experience it's really not all that useful. And I'm probably one of the only fairly regular Angstrum users you'll find. PRISMA ANGSTRUM, SON

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

That rocket laucher looks amazing

Why thank you!

EDIT: So I probably should've mentioned this earlier, but, @Almighty_Jado? Don't worry about skimping details on the Vaculyst. It literally took me hours to color, so if that level of detail has to be compromised to make it fit with an enemy design, I'm fine.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Angstrum users you'll find. PRISMA ANGSTRUM, SON

That I was the only only out there. Glad to know im not alone. But yeah the Angstrum trigger is somewhat annoying.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

That I was the only only out there. Glad to know im not alone. But yeah the Angstrum trigger is somewhat annoying.

The Prisma Angstrum's not so bad, the rocket fires so quickly after the trigger pull that at might as well be semiautomatic. I just loved how much more responsive it felt than the regular Angstrum. I was like "...Okay, yeah, improved charge time wouldn't be much of an improvement anywhere else, but it's amazing here!"

The regular Angstrum's trigger, though...

I just. I just couldn't deal with it.

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

The Prisma Angstrum's not so bad, the rocket fires so quickly after the trigger pull that at might as well be semiautomatic. I just loved how much more responsive it felt than the regular Angstrum. I was like "...Okay, yeah, improved charge time wouldn't be much of an improvement anywhere else, but it's amazing here!"

The regular Angstrum's trigger, though...

I just. I just couldn't deal with it.

I’ll probably try giving the projectiles a different spread pattern- instead of forming a cone, perhaps a horizontal spread!

As for artwork, I’ll definitely be using a lower detail drawing when I draw the Sentient, but I’ll probably just use your artwork when I throw this thing in as an actual useable weapon, since it would be very difficult for me to try and break that quality barrier you’ve set so high!