Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

Oh, also a minor note- I may have to alter my fishing spear slightly to accommodate the new fishing mechanics coming with Fortuna. It should be quite easy, since the fishing spear I created does the same thing the new Corpus fishing "pulse" spear does; utilizes EMPs to disable the fish. However that entails a new "frequency tuning" mechanic that I'm not 100% sure how it works. I'll have to see- fortunately it won't be too long until all that juicy new stuff comes out.

Two problems with all this.
First one quills. From what we know not even orkin set foot into Tau system. So dont expect anyone to be there not to mention whole city (if there isnt some twisted slave colony that sentient made which is higly unlikely or if there isnt some secret grineer or corupus base).

And second is less of a direct problem as it is kind of how it was untill now. The syndicate weapons are upgraded versions of already existing weapons (with syndicate passive or with special passive if its melee). I am not saying those concepts arent nice ( I would love to have some of them in game) but given how it was untill now its higly unlikely. 

Otherwise there are some quite nice ideas.

13 hours ago, butka1998 said:

snip

Okay, a couple things that I guessed you missed- the Quills were not “waiting” at Tau for the Tenno- they travelled alongside the Tenno in my concept to help them launch an offensive against the Sentients, which is what my whole concept is about.

Second of all, if you read the Mag Prime codex entry, you will discover that this isn’t that first time people tried to attack the Sentients on their home turf.

Lastly, I understand what Syndicate variants of weapons are, but these are brand new weapons that you can only obtain through aligning yourself with a specific syndicate, or trading with others who are. It supposed to breathe new life into the Warframe market as well as give a little more goals to grind towards.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Lastly, I understand what Syndicate variants of weapons are, but these are brand new weapons that you can only obtain through aligning yourself with a specific syndicate, or trading with others who are. It supposed to breathe new life into the Warframe market as well as give a little more goals to grind towards.

Even the Avakan?

Cause I kinda intended for a basic new-player version and a Prime version to exist, too. Then again, this is your concept. Nothing saying the Avakan Prime has to exist here, too 😛 .

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Even the Avakan?

Cause I kinda intended for a basic new-player version and a Prime version to exist, too. Then again, this is your concept. Nothing saying the Avakan Prime has to exist here, too 😛 .

Yeah, I just based the weapon off your design but tweaked the stats into an endgame weapon. It's MR 14 and locked behind an area that requires you to be at least MR 10, have completed the Star Chart and finished all quests to access.

4 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Okay, a couple things that I guessed you missed- the Quills were not “waiting” at Tau for the Tenno- they travelled alongside the Tenno in my concept to help them launch an offensive against the Sentients, which is what my whole concept is about.

Second of all, if you read the Mag Prime codex entry, you will discover that this isn’t that first time people tried to attack the Sentients on their home turf.

So to adress the first Quills. I dont know if you realized this when writing this concept but Quills are very few (even considered fairy tale by the Cetus inhabitants) and they are protectors of the Unum (tower next to Cetus, their "god" and protector). I get that you were thinking of someone that can utilize sentient technology against sentient and help Tenno fight with them. But honestly I doubt that quills would leave earth. They might give you some new stuff for some new sentient "trophy/recource" but their goal is to protect Unum. We already know that others were able to utilize sentient technology (sentient/corpus weapons in the Fortuna update). So I guess for this there could be someone entirely new we maybe havent even met yet. Maybe some kind of scientist or even Balas himself who knows where the story will go in the new war.

Mag Prime. Yes I read her codex entry. Its about soldiers and one warframe (mag) entering solar rail and traveling somewhere where they basically get slaughtered. We dont know if its Tau system and I certainly wouldnt call anihilation of many ships (as described) and few survivng soldiers with mag fighting till death a good example of fighting on "sentient turf". From what we know from this entry they are able to slaughter whole army with most advanced weaponry of the orokin empire without problems. So I doubt there could be any base in the Tau system or sentient controled teritory to be honest. ( but that could be maybe solved by some oversized ship made by tenno some cruiser of sorts that would be our new base of operations there)

I get that those are new types of weapons but what I was trying to point out is: a) the weaponry of the syndicate is usually tied to their lore and origin (example: grineer weaponry for steel meridian) which looks good in the concepts so no problem there
                                                                                                                             b) they use altered versions of already existing weapons (they dont make their own weapons just alternations of already existing ones) so you should also make normal variant to those wapons and that shouldnt be problem so you breathe the new life to the warframe in already used way

Edited by butka1998

6 hours ago, butka1998 said:

Snip

Times are different now. People’s motivations change, wars end, new ones begin.

To begin, yeah, I’ve dine extensive research in Warframe lore in order to create this concept. On a scale from 1 to 10 I would consider myself a 9 in terms of being versed in Warframe’s lore. So yes, I did know how the Quills work, and also, how many exist that we know of. I even said it in one of my posts.

The Unum and the Quills foresee a Sentient Invasion and decide to launch a preemptive strike at the Sentient forces, decimating as much of them as possible before they can attack the System again. They relay the information to the Tenno who act out. I can see the Unum ordering decisive action in order to prevent the Sentients from travelling to the Origin System and firebombing the Tower into rubble.

Key thing about Mag Prime’s codex entry: there was one Warframe and a bunch of for soldiers. But now? We have an army of Tenno and Warframe who know the Sentients. We have the Quills, able to literally predict future events to give the Tenno an edge. We have actual anti-Sentient weapons that are more advanced than the zero-tech equipment used by the Orokin during their attack. And, let’s not forget that there was both Ballas and Natah feeding information to the Sentients the entire time, which could explain the Sentients’ preparedness.

The point is, the Tenno stand a far greater chance to survive and successfully travel to Tau.

Lastly, again on the lore of these syndicate weapons; each weapon that you see here was specifically created BY that syndicate as a weapon to help fight back against the Sentients. I don’t see it being improbable or impossible that the Red Veil could create their own weapon from scratch. Or the Perrin Sequence, or any of them. Lore wise it makes sense, and gameplay wise helps make visiting the hub world worthwhile.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

14 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Times are different now. People’s motivations change, wars end, new ones begin.

To begin, yeah, I’ve dine extensive research in Warframe lore in order to create this concept. On a scale from 1 to 10 I would consider myself a 9 in terms of being versed in Warframe’s lore. So yes, I did know how the Quills work, and also, how many exist that we know of. I even said it in one of my posts.

The Unum and the Quills foresee a Sentient Invasion and decide to launch a preemptive strike at the Sentient forces, decimating as much of them as possible before they can attack the System again. They relay the information to the Tenno who act out. I can see the Unum ordering decisive action in order to prevent the Sentients from travelling to the Origin System and firebombing the Tower into rubble.

Key thing about Mag Prime’s codex entry: there was one Warframe and a bunch of for soldiers. But now? We have an army of Tenno and Warframe who know the Sentients. We have the Quills, able to literally predict future events to give the Tenno an edge. We have actual anti-Sentient weapons that are more advanced than the zero-tech equipment used by the Orokin during their attack. And, let’s not forget that there was both Ballas and Natah feeding information to the Sentients the entire time, which could explain the Sentients’ preparedness.

The point is, the Tenno stand a far greater chance to survive and successfully travel to Tau.

Lastly, again on the lore of these syndicate weapons; each weapon that you see here was specifically created BY that syndicate as a weapon to help fight back against the Sentients. I don’t see it being improbable or impossible that the Red Veil could create their own weapon from scratch. Or the Perrin Sequence, or any of them. Lore wise it makes sense, and gameplay wise helps make visiting the hub world worthwhile.

Two problems here.

Okay Unum could maybe order the preemptive strike on the Tau. But quills and cetus in general isnt very  technologicaly advanced so they would have to be aboard the the tenno ships which can be done OK. But of what use would they be there? As I said all they are able to do is to give us the stuff that was most likely inside the Unum tower (Amps) they are no warriors and surely dont know how to build sentient or antisentiet weaponry themselves. There could be maybe some blueprints and stuff inside Unum that they could potentionaly reward us with (anti-sentient weaponry). But given that Unum only had power to imprison the remaining eidolons on PoE with help from Gara and Revenant I doubt it has something so powerfull it could be of much use to us. So yeah I could see the whole Quills warning us and wanting our help but not traveling with us really.

Yeah we now have more Tenno and warframes but about what kind of antisentient weaponry are you talking about? Excal Umbra? Skijati? Paraceisis? Well theoreticaly those are frome lore point of view only held by one Tenno. (not saying they couldnt be coppied by others but thats really all we have right now and I doubt that its enough so we are most likely getting some anti-sentient weaponry vendor in future) Only other thing than that are Amps that could be surely considered anti-sentient weaponry but its not very effective against high number of enemies (batalysts,...). But dont forget what Ballas told us in Chimera. Natah/Lotus might have been just using us the whole time. "I saw lover. Those Devils (Tenno) saw Mother."

Not disagreeing with that Tenno have much higher chance to get to Tau. And with Railjack we might even have Tenno fleet soon. (potentionaly much much bigger ships than those in railjack meant for interstellar travels and with huge weapons against those sentient bases showcased in Devstream)

The thing with weapons is you need some gunsmith to make it and I dont know if syndicates have someone like that (might have IDK). I am not saying its wrong or anything just that untill now every syndicate weapon was adapted already existing weapon. So it kinda steps outside the theme but it certainly isnt wrong just weird and new considering how it was untill now. (dont forget you can buy everything from syndicate in your orbiter)
Výsledek obrázku pro warframe railjack concept ships
(concept art on tenno cruisers)

Edited by butka1998

4 hours ago, Crimsonblack said:

Awww. You never used Endolyst and Hexalyst.

Haven't gotten around to 'em yet! Right now need more time to work on other things. Also my enemy pool is getting a little thick, need to water it down with other content!

6 hours ago, butka1998 said:

snip

Alright, this is going no where. Obviously you're someone who is uncomfortable with the idea of breaking the mold. However, you'll get nowhere without taking leaps and exploring new ideas. Warframe was built on this very concept- otherwise we never would've gotten some of your favourite Warframes, quests, levels, weapons, pets. I remember once long ago the Devs said vehicles have no place in Warframe- now we have Archwings, Dargyns, Railjacks soon, and Corpus Rovers (also soon). So with that, I do not see why giving each Syndicate a special set of weapons specifically designed by them to help fight Sentients is out of the question. Examples of manufacturing potential for every syndicate:
Steel Meridian: Grineer assembly lines liberated from Grineer control.
Red Veil: Considering their weapon is literally an Infested Papal Ferula I don't see this being impossible. And we already know the Red Veil is familiar with using the Infestation as a way to purge those they believe corrupt.
Arbiters of Hexis: If they can mass produce Arbitration Drones, they could easily manufacture weapons.
Cephalon Suda: Not hard to imagine her having some kind of Tenno-based manufacturing facility. She could share it with Simaris, who is the manufacturer of the Heliocor and Simulor, both original weapons that even Suda redistributes.
Perrin Sequence: I don't think I have to explain this one at all.
New Loka: Probably the least likely to have industrial access. Honestly I can't explain this one as well as the others, other than the idea that they must have access to Foundries somewhere.
Also you've kind of proven you haven't read my concept very thoroughly- the Syndicate rewards exclusive to Tau are EXCLUSIVE TO TAU. You need to physically approach the representative in the hub world in order to purchase these new weapons and other upcoming cosmetics.

If you've seen some of the amps we have, many of them have extensive AOE abilities, so I fail to see how they would be ineffective against larger groups of enemies.

The Quills can still see into the future and multiverse, likely thanks to the Temple Kuva the Unum gifted her followers back in the days where Eidolon still roamed the Earth. This means you don't have to be at the Unum in order for things to work. Quill Rhett could easily take Amp Components with him on some kind of Tenno transport and distribute them for usage while also providing knowledge to the command center. Also, you're kinda missing the developer side of things; exclusive Amp parts only available during specific periods once per month? It's partly a design choice.

Your argument about Natah using us is weak in this scenario. While I won't deny that the Lotus manipulating us the entire time could be a genuine possibility, it would not come into any effect here because the Lotus was not involved in any way at all in terms of this new invasion. What point were you trying to make here?

Tell me, what is it you want? All you've been doing since you entered my thread is tear down my ideas and say that I'm wrong, even though there is no concrete evidence to prove that I am. As far as I'm concerned, everything I've proposed in my concept is possible in theory.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

12 hours ago, butka1998 said:

*tons of stuff*

Alright look. I wasn't going to say anything at first because it legitimately just felt like regular discussion on lore, even if very opinionated. But after the third post I've gotta say something.

You have given but opinions. Opinions, that were helpful to share at first, but have now become petty argument. Nothing you can straight up prove concretely by text. Can you please stop all this stress and drama just because some people don’t agree with them?

And for the future, if you run into a thread that actually has lore problems, would you mind listening to my request? If it’s a small thing here or there that the concept writer can address, then leave a small, polite note about it for them. If it’s something integral to the concept and changing it would throw a lot of it away, can you just… not? Just internalize your opinions and bask in your own belief that you are right. However, saying something about it will not change anything. It will only hurt feelings and create arguments. It. Isn’t. Necessary. Maybe if the concept was actually scouted to be a part of the game then sure, you can argue all you want. But it’s not. It’s not going to affect you at all when you walk away from the thread. So please don’t go creating trouble where it doesn’t even matter to you.

Edited by Disruptis

11 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Haven't gotten around to 'em yet! Right now need more time to work on other things. Also my enemy pool is getting a little thick, need to water it down with other content

Alrighty, Heidi. I'll work on a new race for the Sentient system while I'm thinking about it.

Do you want me to create a Sentient character to broaden the possibilities?

Edited by Crimsonblack

12 hours ago, Disruptis said:

Alright look. I wasn't going to say anything at first because it legitimately just felt like regular discussion on lore, even if very opinionated. But after the third post I've gotta say something.

You have given but opinions. Opinions, that were helpful to share at first, but have now become petty argument. Nothing you can straight up prove concretely by text. Can you please stop all this stress and drama just because some people don’t agree with them?

And for the future, if you run into a thread that actually has lore problems, would you mind listening to my request? If it’s a small thing here or there that the concept writer can address, then leave a small, polite note about it for them. If it’s something integral to the concept and changing it would throw a lot of it away, can you just… not? Just internalize your opinions and bask in your own belief that you are right. However, saying something about it will not change anything. It will only hurt feelings and create arguments. It. Isn’t. Necessary. Maybe if the concept was actually scouted to be a part of the game then sure, you can argue all you want. But it’s not. It’s not going to affect you at all when you walk away from the thread. So please don’t go creating trouble where it doesn’t even matter to you.

Actually I was just trying to help author see that some parts are simply debatable (I admited which parts and wrote it in my posts - not demanding any change or anything (syndicate weapons,..) just pointed out that they are something thats not how it was done untill now but that I understand the reasoning behind it.

But some things in the concept like the quills leaving Unum just seem a bit too much far fetched to me thats why I am trying to show there are most likely others that can fill the role that author of this concept has given quills. (half sentient weapons on fortuna -> propably some scientist who understands the sentient technology, Ballas himself, Alad V whos now our friend and so on). Not trying to hurt anyone just showing some things that dont make much sense.

13 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

snip

Ahh no need to feel ofended. Still I think those Tau unique rewards by the syndicates are kind of against what syndicates do now but ok. And I still dont get why would you have to take them from vendor on Tau base. Since you can acess syndicates from both Relays and Orbiter why not just lock it as Tau exclusive with some kind of new recourse? Some new Eidolon shard or something. This simply doesnt seem right but still its just a concept and its yours.

To amps having AoE I can say only try them against Batalysts on Lua first of all operator wont survive long (even with all focus passives - armor, health) and they do very little to no dmg. And we can do DMG to sentients much more effectively with other weapons only problem is their adaptation to that dmg so something that gets rid of it would be much more usefull (like Umbras Howl, Paracesis with 5 formas). Maybe some mods or gear items that can do it who knows but amps arent really much usefull for other things than stripping eidolon shields and even that is extremely tedious without Void Strike.

As I said I could understand why the Quills could be the ones who warn us and the ones who might give us some new Amps from Unum. But ultimately the Amp isnt really the best weapon choice against them from practial poin of view (taking 1 Batalyst lvl 50 down with it without using Void Strike is almost like fighting Eidolon alone). Since only thing that Amp can offer against sentient is void DMG which they cant adapt to. So please try to consider what I said about someone else being the one providing the anti- sentient weaponry you could even make a new NPC and none would get offended since its about a new thing entirely (Tau system). As you said it yourself:

13 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

However, you'll get nowhere without taking leaps and exploring new ideas.

With Natah/Lotus using us the whole time I was trying to say shes well informed about our current weaponry, and our numbers, friends, etc. Basically she even knows we have Umbra and only thing she doesnt know is that we have Paracesis (if that Ballas looking at us with her eye in Chimera doesnt mean she knows even that). So she will most likely prepare defense based on this very knowledge so we might see new enemies (maybe some of the concepts here) that will have new kinds of defenses even against our Amps, Umbra and so on. So in terms of our new invasion it could be slaughter just like in the Mag Prime codex entry if we dont prepare before going there with new stuff that Natah/Lotus doesnt know about. Even thouth we would me most likely much more powerfull then the orokin army was when you dont know anything about your enemies foces but he has every detail about you its kind of suicide or at least very desperate. Not saying theres anything wrong with your concept in this regard you saying we might need something new before we even decide to go to Tau (maybe something from Fortuna, maybe Railjack maybe something of your own desing here who knows).

I have never tried to tear down your concept or say that its wrong. Just tried to show you that some of those things might be a bit outdated with current progress or might be less likely to happen now. I never said that theres something directly against lore or game mechanics just that some of the things dont really add up that well with what is most likely to happen. Its still a concept and can be changed thats why I tried to propose some constructive criticism (thats what people sometimes need and not only praising). Yes your concept has many nice ideas as I said in my first post thats why I am trying to help you with my sceptic and not so all taking and welcoming point of view. Sometimes it takes person that idoesnt agree with everything to help you improve and thats what I tried to be. If you dont want it just say so.

Edited by butka1998

16 hours ago, butka1998 said:

Actually I was just trying to help author see that some parts are simply debatable (I admited which parts and wrote it in my posts - not demanding any change or anything (syndicate weapons,..) just pointed out that they are something thats not how it was done untill now but that I understand the reasoning behind it.

But some things in the concept like the quills leaving Unum just seem a bit too much far fetched to me thats why I am trying to show there are most likely others that can fill the role that author of this concept has given quills. (half sentient weapons on fortuna -> propably some scientist who understands the sentient technology, Ballas himself, Alad V whos now our friend and so on). Not trying to hurt anyone just showing some things that dont make much sense.

Alright, just because I feel like it's my duty to at this point, let me counter that argument. The Unum gave us the amps, and taught us how to capture the terralysts using lures. They know how sentients and Tenno powers alike work and can develop weaponry for them. They've gotta be more viable than Alad V.

Now let's talk tone. If you wish to provide constructive criticism and meaningful discussion, I encourage you to stay away from words with more negative connotation. "[A] bit too much far fetched" is a lot more demeaning than something like "may not be the best idea". Outright declaring your opinions as problems the thread has instead of asking questions regarding what is being said is also not the best idea (see what I did there?), as it will almost always elicit anger and tension. To be blunt, it sounds like you are trying to debate and butt heads with the OP rather than have a positive discussion. In the future, I suggest asking questions rather than stating conclusions for the better of us all.

"So I see you've used the Quills as your merchants to Tau. Wouldn't they want to stay protecting the Unum?"

"So I see you've had syndicates design their own weapons. Currently, they've only modified existing ones, do you think it'd be a good idea if they just did that instead?" (really hard to save this one)

"So I see you've had the Quills give us amps to fight the sentients. I had a great idea that they could give us something else to be a little better at slaying high-level sentients, like x or y. What do you think?"

Also remember to shy away from using rhetorical questions. They're, for lack of a better word, obnoxious.

The bottom line is that you don't run DE or this thread. If you make an opinionated statement that has no immediately tangible and factual support then when the OP replies with "no" you should just let it go. Anything beyond that is merely toxic behaviour. Yes, people speaking out like you are necessary, but you are letting your own stubborn-headedness take the debate way too far instead of just showing the OP respect for their opinions.

This is going to be the last reply you're gonna get unless you post something more friendly and open-minded.

Edited by Disruptis

What the. . . huh. . . maybe I should be happy the Pit isn't really commented upon that often, if increased user activity would lead to these. . . uh. . .term. . . term. . . "opinion equates to gospel" fusillades.

I'm kinda in agreement with Mr./Ms.Disruptis here. Out here in the Digital sea, largely lacking tone designations and facial expressions, it's quite good to maintain a neutral tone unless you really. . . REALLY mean it.

• Like 1

On 2018-10-27 at 7:06 AM, Disruptis said:

The bottom line is that you don't run DE or this thread. If you make an opinionated statement that has no immediately tangible and factual support then when the OP replies with "no" you should just let it go. Anything beyond that is merely toxic behaviour. Yes, people speaking out like you are necessary, but you are letting your own stubborn-headedness take the debate way too far instead of just showing the OP respect for their opinions.

This is going to be the last reply you're gonna get unless you post something more friendly and open-minded.

Disclaimer: This conversation doesnt involve the topic of Tau or its concept and is nonrelated.

Spoiler

Tone doesnt matter what matters is content of message. Words do not hurt only feelings of people who take them personaly do. What you did here is rewritten the text not to be polite but "inferior". I wrote it as peer to peer. I dont have to act as inferior and show respect to someone who has the same status and has written concept. Respect is something you have to work for and deserve where I come from. And believe me that how you have rewritten the text is if you have ever seen movie or read a book about middleages how peasants talked to king or royalty in past. (carefully suggest something just not to offend someone? no thank you... I dont act rude or disrespectful but I wont show respect without reason) 

What you do here in what I left quoted is exactly what you try to warn me from isnt it? Its opionionated statement that has no factual support... That I dont run the thread doesnt mean I have to act as inferior to the OP. Not showing RESPECT and being DISRESPECTFUL are two different things. Me not showing respect is perfectly fine as long as I dont show any disrespect and I havent yet. Nor did I use any offensive words. 

If you take normal debate and trying to insist on something as stubborn then I guess me and and many others are really stubborn... (including politics, medics debating ilness, policists, lawyers and many others) its just another part of debate when you try to convince the other person to take a look from your point of view if you think they havent yet. (this whole thing is simply too debatable)

Where have you taken that I am not open-minded from? I agreed with OP on some things he replied to me and took a look from his point of view. That I dont simply start agreeing with everything after that isnt being close-minded just thinking my point of view has something more to offer on the other parts. And I even said if he doesnt like what I have written to just tell me and I will stop. (thats what I offered as OPEN-MINDED and all this knowing individual) 

You dont simply have to agree with everyone just like I do not with OP here. The point is how you disagree... by calling someone words, being rude, telling them to erase concept, that all they do is wrong and so on or just saying what you dont agree with and what in your opinion should be changed as I did. I rather like to disagree then ask "non-offensive peasant like questions" that I (and many others) have asociated with middleages and fear of someone who presumably has higher status and you dont want to anger. (it was one of many many points during the French Revolution to get rid of this... I am not saying its not normal or not friendly but it DOESNT have to be used if you DO NOT want to today and you are still non-offensive)

And to the last part sorry but I really dont want to be friendly with someone I dont know. First I usually tend not to believe to people that I dont know and are too friendly with everyone ( cause sometimes they have some other motives for that and so on.. not saying that you or anyone here has). And second I like to stay neutral when discussing something that emotions shouldnt be involved in (or at least not too much). So please feel free not to reply. But next time dont mistake being neutral with being rude or disrespectful please. 

PS: Even old Greeks tended to use a lot of rhetorical questions because they arent directly disrespetfull and tend to act as "wake up" call to individual so he takes a second look at something. But thats just how I see them and use them.

Edited by butka1998
  • Like 1

On 2018-10-25 at 7:17 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

New Loka: Probably the least likely to have industrial access. Honestly I can't explain this one as well as the others, other than the idea that they must have access to Foundries somewhere.

I'm guessing New Lokan manufacturing would be... sort of an artisanal cottage industry. I mean, as much as you CAN have if you have a universe with nanomechanical manufacturing that rivals the Protomolecule from The Expanse. Very small scale with the precision and engineering acumen of the Protomolecule/Tenno Foundry, but with the artistry of a small-scale craftsman. 

Basically the future equivalent of this shotgun I saw at a museum yesterday.

(I know, I know, we have the Sancti Tigris, but this is what I was thinking - smaller-scale craftsmen with a naturalistic style, who very much value quality over quantity.)

cIhUcLz.jpg

EDIT: you would not believe how hard this image was to post.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

Here's another WIP image of the Portalyst remake
unknown.png?width=1701&height=1134

Totally revamped from the original remake design- I wanted to go with some more unique shapes rather than just having saucer disks everywhere. So hopefully this "head crest" fits in quite well.
DISCLAIMER: I do in fact realize that the symmetry of this skull here is totally off, and I actually deleted it. I'm redoing the same design as this, but with proper proportions and perspective.

Also, I'm not sure what happened to that artwork I comissioned- I'll go yell at my guy and see what the holdup is!

...just kidding, he's a really nice guy with a busy life. Real life always comes first, people!

2 hours ago, RumekFuria said:

ok I was to lazy to search so I will ask what the "limited time "open pieriod" of tau" means?

I gotchu fam:

On 2018-04-07 at 1:38 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

The Tau Rail: Every month, an special alert will pop up on the nav console. Selecting this alert will bring up a screen where players can contribute resources to the construction of a 'Tau Rail'. Players have a limited time frame to contribute resources: 7 days to contribute, starting on the first day of every month. If successful, the Tau Rail is built and grants access to Tau and the Tau hub world for the next 3 days. The Sentients begin to attack the Rail as soon as the Rail is built, causing its 'health' to decline over those 3 days. Completing the Bounties on Tau will decrease the rate at which the Tau Rail loses health. Players together can extend the duration of the access to Tau to a maximum of 7 days if enough of the playerbase is completing Tau Bounties.
When the Tau Rail is 'destroyed' (loses all of its health), access to Tau is locked again for the remainder of the month.

NOTE: As the Tau system is designed to be an “endgame location”, players must be MR 10 or higher to actually access the Tau Hub world and by extension, the Tau Open world. Additionally, players can only use level 30 Warframes, weapons and companions in the open world area.

To clarify though, I'm likely going to change the construction of the Tau Rail to be more similar to the Relay Reconstruction event. Additionally, I'm thinking of increasing the base time Tau is open to 5 days and make it 10 days at maximum player involvement. I also have some changes coming into play soon regarding the conditions that must be satisfied for a player to be allowed to go to Tau, since being MR 10 alone is pretty easy to achieve.

Edited by Almighty_Jado