Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

The main forum post has been updated! Check it out on the first page of the thread.

In addition, @RevanGarcia‘s Sentient polarity idea has been added to the Legion of Tau. Although, I have named the polarity “Ceti” to avoid confusion with Tau damage (aka sentient damage). Ceti will use the old Koneksi Koneksi Pol polarity for now.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

Here it is everyone! The brand new Sentient Zaw strike! Capable of creating both Hammer and GUNBLADE Zaws!! I hope you all appreciate it 🙂
Leave comments!

DURATUS STRIKE
Sentient Zaw Strike 1: Duratus Strike by AlmightyJado

Info:
A Zaw Strike for Hammer and Gunblade style weapons. Harnesses cosmic powers to unleash deadly energy attacks.

Zaw Characteristics:
This Zaw's damage is evenly divided between Cold bCold and Puncture bPuncture.
-Puncture b50% Puncture
-Cold b50% Cold
Compatible Weapon Types:
-Hammer
-Gunblade

Special Properties:
For Hammers, Charged/Heavy attacks send out a wave of energy that apply Cold bCold effects to all enemies in a 5m radius around the player.
For Gunblades, Charged/Heavy attacks and other 'shooting' maneuvers in Gunblade combos create a laser beam similar to the Ferrox or Opticor. Laser beam has a maximum range of 40m, infinite punch through, no damage falloff and guaranteed Cold bCold proc to all enemies hit. Laser deals 100% Cold bCold damage.
If this Strike is used in combination with a Sentient-based Grip, the strike gains additional visual effects, and all forms of Cold bCold damage dealt from Charged/Heavy Attacks, as well as base damage types and Status procs are replaced with Magnetic bMagnetic. Hammer charged/heavy attack effect is also increased in radius from 5 to 10. Gunblade shots have increased width.

The Duratus' blueprint is a rare drop from Zordalyst Sentients.
BLUEPRINT: 10,000Credits64|30Tellurium64|500QuillsCommonPickup|1,200 Rubedo64|5Swarovski Crystal Icon 24x24 png

Edited by Almighty_Jado

When I saw that the Zordalyst leads assaults on Cephalon datavauts, I was immediately reminded of the final quest of the Octavia questline. With a dash of this and a pinch of that, I came up with this:

Occasionally Simaris and/or Suda will send notifications that their vault is under attack, and eventually you encounter this boss. During the fight, Ordis joins your side, and eventually Simaris sends his sanctuary defenders to aid in fighting the Zordalyst. The rewards from this would either be a rare mod/riven, sentient Primary weapon blueprint/part, sentient secondary weapon blueprint/part, or sentient melee weapon blueprint/part.

this is designed to be similar to the faction invasions, and will eventually lead to getting Hunted by razelysts.

5 hours ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

When I saw that the Zordalyst leads assaults on Cephalon datavauts, I was immediately reminded of the final quest of the Octavia questline. With a dash of this and a pinch of that, I came up with this:

Occasionally Simaris and/or Suda will send notifications that their vault is under attack, and eventually you encounter this boss. During the fight, Ordis joins your side, and eventually Simaris sends his sanctuary defenders to aid in fighting the Zordalyst. The rewards from this would either be a rare mod/riven, sentient Primary weapon blueprint/part, sentient secondary weapon blueprint/part, or sentient melee weapon blueprint/part.

this is designed to be similar to the faction invasions, and will eventually lead to getting Hunted by razelysts.

A most intriguing idea! I'll toy with it and see how it can go!

Question for anyone out there who reads this!

Would you like to be able to get more arcanes for the Operator, zaws, and Warframes on Tau?

Let me know!

In the meantime, hang tight! Currently drawing up cleaner basic maps of Tau “Town” and the actual world itself.

20 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Would you like to be able to get more arcanes for the Operator, zaws, and Warframes on Tau?

Let me know!

In the meantime, hang tight! Currently drawing up cleaner basic maps of Tau “Town” and the actual world itself.

Yes i was thinking about this. Especially for warframes. In the the the sacrifice we finally discovered that the helmith room was used to create warframes. Maybe the method 2 create WFs could be rediscovered in the Tau system. A large resorvoir of parts to assembly to create our personal frames. It could function just like the zaw system. (And balancing system for abilities so no exploits can be used 2 make anything 2 OP)

Tau influenced Zaws would be great. Not just melees but primaries and secondary weapons too.

New Arcanes would be nice

Edited by (PS4)Elixz8247

22 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Let me know!

Currently, in my interim time as I desperately try to break my own Sentient-related writer's block, I feel as though you could round off your pre-existing Sentient Zaw set and then go on a great campaign of arcanes.

Edited by Unus

For Sentient Firearms, whether primary or secondary, I was reminded of a clip from It Only Hurts When I Laugh where a girl fires a high-powered handgun and the recoil causes the gun to bop her an unlucky one right in the face. Another clip showed a guy firing a shotgun and the recoil makes his pants fall down.

I'm mentioning this because firearms crafted from sentient parts would bop your Warframe in the face or causes you to briefly "drop your operator" when newly made/unranked , but the higher your mastery, the less chance for that to happen.

38 minutes ago, Unus said:

Currently, in my interim time as I desperately try to break my own Sentient-related writer's block, I feel as though you could round off your pre-existing Sentient Zaw set and then go on a great campaign of arcanes.

Yeah I was thinking making a total of 2 Sentient strikes and 2 grips would do nicely, then do some arcanes and then maybe some secret syndicate related stuff? Oh and also gun zaws... might have to make a few of those after I see what they’re like on Venus.

😮

8 minutes ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

For Sentient Firearms, whether primary or secondary, I was reminded of a clip from It Only Hurts When I Laugh where a girl fires a high-powered handgun and the recoil causes the gun to bop her an unlucky one right in the face. Another clip showed a guy firing a shotgun and the recoil makes his pants fall down.

I'm mentioning this because firearms crafted from sentient parts would bop your Warframe in the face or causes you to briefly "drop your operator" when newly made/unranked , but the higher your mastery, the less chance for that to happen.

An interesting idea! I’ll see where that can fit in.

12 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Yeah I was thinking making a total of 2 Sentient strikes and 2 grips would do nicely, then do some arcanes and then maybe some secret syndicate related stuff? Oh and also gun zaws... might have to make a few of those after I see what they’re like on Venus.

😮

An interesting idea! I’ll see where that can fit in.

Gun zaws are a true confirmation? Fascinating! I can only imagine the possibilities.

As an interesting aside, after mentioning that writer's block piece, my key-tapping fingers found themselves erupting with free thought and finally managed to get one of my Sentient variants down onto "paper", with plenty of extras on the way. Just need more time to complete their whole backstory.

7 hours ago, Unus said:

Gun zaws are a true confirmation? Fascinating! I can only imagine the possibilities.

As an interesting aside, after mentioning that writer's block piece, my key-tapping fingers found themselves erupting with free thought and finally managed to get one of my Sentient variants down onto "paper", with plenty of extras on the way. Just need more time to complete their whole backstory.

Cant wait to see them

4 hours ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

Cant wait to see them

Indeed! With all my time spent crafting a metric butt-ton over in the Pit, perhaps I can bring some of my weapon concepts to life in game with the right combination of parts? Assumeing gun zaws are flexible enough component-wise, not quite as simple as Zaw melee design.

So I finally finished up a sketch of what the hub world could look like. I decided to make it smaller than Cetus just to help focus players into where they need to go. I've also included a system from @Rotomtom as means to access Tau.

Hub World & Accessing Tau
The Tau Rail: Every month, an special alert will pop up on the nav console. Selecting this alert will bring up a screen where players can contribute resources to the construction of a 'Tau Rail'. Players have a limited time frame to contribute resources: 7 days to contribute, starting on the first day of every month. If successful, the Tau Rail is built and grants access to Tau and the Tau hub world for the next 3 days. The Sentients begin to attack the Rail as soon as the Rail is built, causing its 'health' to decline over those 3 days. Completing the Bounties on Tau will decrease the rate at which the Tau Rail loses health. Players together can extend the duration of the access to Tau to a maximum of 7 days if enough of the playerbase is completing Tau Bounties.
When the Tau Rail is 'destroyed' (loses all of its health), access to Tau is locked again for the remainder of the month.

NOTE: As the Tau system is designed to be an “endgame location”, players must be MR 10 or higher to actually access the Tau Hub world and by extension, the Tau Open world.
2mn2hq1.png

Tau Town (WIP Name, leave suggestions for a real name ^.^): 
Tau_Town_WIP_Version_1.png

Edited by Almighty_Jado

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

So I finally finished up a sketch of what the hub world could look like. I decided to make it smaller than Cetus just to help focus players into where they need to go. I've also included a system from @Rotomtom as means to access Tau.

Hub World & Accessing Tau
The Tau Rail: Every month, an special alert will pop up on the nav console. Selecting this alert will bring up a screen where players can contribute resources to the construction of a 'Tau Rail'. Players have a limited time frame to contribute resources: 7 days to contribute, starting on the first day of every month. If successful, the Tau Rail is built and grants access to Tau and the Tau hub world for the next 3 days. The Sentients begin to attack the Rail as soon as the Rail is built, causing its 'health' to decline over those 3 days. Completing the Bounties on Tau will decrease the rate at which the Tau Rail loses health. Players together can extend the duration of the access to Tau to a maximum of 7 days if enough of the playerbase is completing Tau Bounties.
When the Tau Rail is 'destroyed' (loses all of its health), access to Tau is locked again for the remainder of the month.
2mn2hq1.png

Tau Town (WIP Name, leave suggestions for a real name ^.^): 
Tau_Town_WIP_Version_1.png

Huh, so this Rotomtom chap actually acquiesced to your decision to use his idea? Fancy.

Do you have any examples of Work-In-Progress names for your Hub? I understand it takes considerable effort to come up with a name you find to be totally satisfying all to well (these Sentients are slow as Ell to make given my own Nahuatl theme behind them), but, if you put a few you've been mulling over on the table, it may help things along.

53 minutes ago, Unus said:

Huh, so this Rotomtom chap actually acquiesced to your decision to use his idea? Fancy.

Do you have any examples of Work-In-Progress names for your Hub? I understand it takes considerable effort to come up with a name you find to be totally satisfying all to well (these Sentients are slow as Ell to make given my own Nahuatl theme behind them), but, if you put a few you've been mulling over on the table, it may help things along.

Well, he never said yes or no, but his idea was more or less my own plan at the beginning. I just decided to credit him because he managed to get it down on paper before me, that sneaky son-of-a-gun!

Unfortunately I don't have an idea for a suitable name just yet. Like I've been so caught up with everything else about the hub that I haven't thought much about it at all.
I was gonna wait for a bit, but I decided, hey, why not see what the community can come up with?

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Well, he never said yes or no, but his idea was more or less my own plan at the beginning. I just decided to credit him because he managed to get it down on paper before me, that sneaky son-of-a-gun!

Unfortunately I don't have an idea for a suitable name just yet. Like I've been so caught up with everything else about the hub that I haven't thought much about it at all.
I was gonna wait for a bit, but I decided, hey, why not see what the community can come up with?

Ah, "inspired by" as opposed to "directly cooperating with". Hm, always worries me whenever I see folks "Concept cherry pick", even if no one has a big ol copyright slotted into their portfolio, but, as always, I'm not an expert in the field.

Hehe, quite familiar with that ""Crunch" jumping in front of "Fluff"" issue. From my experience in similar situations, the best way to get results from petitioning the community is to load up on at least a bare-minimum of three "targets" and then allow the community to select from the bunch.

For some reason, I find that "suggestion openings" tend to go unresponded to.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, "inspired by" as opposed to "directly cooperating with". Hm, always worries me whenever I see folks "Concept cherry pick", even if no one has a big ol copyright slotted into their portfolio, but, as always, I'm not an expert in the field.

Hehe, quite familiar with that ""Crunch" jumping in front of "Fluff"" issue. From my experience in similar situations, the best way to get results from petitioning the community is to load up on at least a bare-minimum of three "targets" and then allow the community to select from the bunch.

For some reason, I find that "suggestion openings" tend to go unresponded to.

Ah, I see!
Well, perhaps in due time I shall come up with some possible names. I wish we had access to a polling option!

Added a mastery requirement for accessing Tau:

As the Tau system is designed to be an “endgame location”, players must be MR 10 or higher to actually access the Tau Hub world and by extension, the Tau Open world. Additionally, players can only use level 30 Warframes, weapons and companions in the open world area.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

I managed to come up with a part 4 (after a fashion) for Return to Tau, but first some real life history to show the inspiration:

During the Viking Age, one king of southern Great Britain named Alfred the Great realized that the Vikings preferred raids and lightning campaigns and didn't really want to attack fortresses. So he built the earliest fortresses, wood-and-earth fortifications that people could go and hide and take their goods and cattle and anything else that Vikings would want. Once they all got in there and the door was shut, the Vikings could not get to them because they didn't have any siege equipment to do so. So Alfred the Great managed to create a version of Muhammad Ali's Rope-a-dope strategy to take down the Vikings and secure lasting peace for his kingdom.

Now the idea:

Once the Sentients learn of the Tenno presence on Tau, they start assailing Tau Town. This forces the Tenno to start building/contributing resources to fortifications to protect their new "home". At first it would be raids, but when fortified walls are built, the Sentients start creating "Siege Sentients" to attack, again forcing Tenno to build siege engines of their own and counter-siege equipment.

Part of the idea for this was the fortress system from Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, and especially the siege beasts used by the uruk-hai for the "siege sentients".

I'm stopping now to think some more, but this is what I've got for war on Tau.