Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

1 hour ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

Not to be a pest, but I’m still waiting for a desert-specialized, scorpion-inspired Sentient. What would make him/it interesting is that in order to kill it, Tenno have to destroy the synovias before it submerges under the desert sand again.

Why not work on it? You've clearly got ideas. Go for it, make your own concepts, teach yourself to draw, even...

Mr. Spore just rattled my idea cage, but, I'm not sure how to effectively implement the idea.

Essentially, it revolves around the idea of "Sentients adapt to whatever they are subjected to environmentally speaking."

It made me wonder if there may be ferals on Earth or Mars who have begun copying local wildlife in order to better fit into the local ecosystem. "Sentbrows", "Sentavats", and "Sates".

I have no idea if they would be additional pets, foes, background content, etc, but I find the sheer idea most appetizing.

Edited by Unus

I’m putting this here because this is the thread that inspired it. It’s part of my Mass Effect/Warframe Crossover story:

During the Middle War, The Protheans, specifically the Order of the Fifth Eye, discover the Tau Ceti System, but were unable to investigate due to planetary “flux”, as they called it, but they did discover Lunar Argon and Zeoultik (did I get that right?) and were doing experiments with it shortly before their disappearance.

Edited by Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3

16 hours ago, Unus said:

Essentially, it revolves around the idea of "Sentients adapt to whatever they are subjected to environmentally speaking."

It made me wonder if there may be ferals on Earth or Mars who have begun copying local wildlife in order to better fit into the local ecosystem. "Sentbrows", "Sentavats", and "Sates".

Wait. Surreal feral Sentient ecosystem?

I was about to say something like "lorewise I'm not certain but I love the idea" but I suddenly just became a lot more certain when I thought about the Eidolons. Besides being sort of like zombies or ghosts, what are Eidolons (from the smallest Wisp to the Hydrolyst) but feral Sentients? They mindlessly attack anything, they group together and support each other...

Besides. As terraformers tasked with creating an ecosystem, what's to say they didn't contain data on animal behaviors and adaptations?

2 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Wait. Surreal feral Sentient ecosystem?

I was about to say something like "lorewise I'm not certain but I love the idea" but I suddenly just became a lot more certain when I thought about the Eidolons. Besides being sort of like zombies or ghosts, what are Eidolons (from the smallest Wisp to the Hydrolyst) but feral Sentients? They mindlessly attack anything, they group together and support each other...

Besides. As terraformers tasked with creating an ecosystem, what's to say they didn't contain data on animal behaviors and adaptations?

That's a little bit of what I'm trying to aim for here. The Sentients stationed on this particular planet of the Tau system have formed a synthetic ecosystem, but using their incredible versatility, the Sentients are able to weaponize themselves almost instantly upon hostile contact! Scary.
Of course, the Sentients modelled their own ecosystem off of already existing ones, so that info is definitely in there!

Edited by Almighty_Jado

16 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

That's a little bit of what I'm trying to aim for here. The Sentients stationed on this particular planet of the Tau system have formed a synthetic ecosystem, but using their incredible versatility, the Sentients are able to weaponize themselves almost instantly upon hostile contact! Scary.

Coming up with a sample quote:

Tenno Operative: "Here's the thing - people from the Cans out in the black look at places like Earth or Venus and say 'It's all trying to kill you!' That's not entirely true - it's indifferent, more than anything. That's just nature. Now, if they were talking Tau? Then they'd be right."

16 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Of course, the Sentients modelled their own ecosystem off of already existing ones, so that info is definitely in there!

CALLED IT!

Are there non-Sentient creatures they made?

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

Okay, immediate gut reaction out the way, I love the way it looks so much more scuffed and yet organic, while maintaining such a bony look around the legs. There's a feeling that I can't tell if this is organic or mechanical - and if that's not the feeling I should get when looking at Sentient Stuff, I don't know what is. The organic-looking lines also call to mind veins.

• Like 1

On 2019-03-09 at 5:58 PM, Unus said:

Mr. Spore just rattled my idea cage, but, I'm not sure how to effectively implement the idea.

I have no idea if they would be additional pets, foes, background content, etc, but I find the sheer idea most appetizing.

HMMMM i might able to flesh this out a bit more if this is not exactly what you want it to be tell me please: So sentients for discarded from the army forces as they were not strong enough or were not able to fight as they have such compassion for organic life. as doing this the sentient lords (i guess) cast them out and threw them stranded and alone in the plains of eidolon orb vallis and many more places. This way of them being alone drove them mad causing them to decide to become the wildlife with their own sentient style and some may copy hostile creatures and some may copy creatures that just want to be your friend. When you encounter the ones that want to be your friend you will need to do as what you do for hunting animals elsewhere and tranquilize them. Once you do that you can find them in your inventory as a new slot and if you have slots open for pets in you ship you can have an option to put one in there but alternatively you can also sell them to THE BIZ!!!!!! and get lots of stuff out of it like credits and resources like Sentient shards and Shroko (sentient shards and Shroko are new resources i added in another post on this) and the ones that are hostile well you RIP THEM APART UNTIL THEY ARE SHARDS LAYING ON THE GROUND and when you do you get some sentient shards. so i hope this makes it sound a bit better for your idea and is much more fleshed out

8 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Time to unveil the latest rework... the Isalyst and Ranjalyst! Gaze one last time upon the old...isalyst_with_ranjalyst_by_almightyjado_d

And now behold the new!
isalyst_and_ranjalyst__updated__by_almig

I'll be moving onto the next visual update soon enough, bu I've got some new content nearing completion first.

YES, yes, the legs are MUCH improved over the original model's, particularly with that "double tendon" effect you have going on. The light detailing and the cannon (bloody ELL, the cannon) also further bring the Sentient aspect back into things. Well done suh.

1 hour ago, Gamerovertron said:

HMMMM i might able to flesh this out a bit more if this is not exactly what you want it to be tell me please: So sentients for discarded from the army forces as they were not strong enough or were not able to fight as they have such compassion for organic life. as doing this the sentient lords (i guess) cast them out and threw them stranded and alone in the plains of eidolon orb vallis and many more places. This way of them being alone drove them mad causing them to decide to become the wildlife with their own sentient style and some may copy hostile creatures and some may copy creatures that just want to be your friend. When you encounter the ones that want to be your friend you will need to do as what you do for hunting animals elsewhere and tranquilize them. Once you do that you can find them in your inventory as a new slot and if you have slots open for pets in you ship you can have an option to put one in there but alternatively you can also sell them to THE BIZ!!!!!! and get lots of stuff out of it like credits and resources like Sentient shards and Shroko (sentient shards and Shroko are new resources i added in another post on this) and the ones that are hostile well you RIP THEM APART UNTIL THEY ARE SHARDS LAYING ON THE GROUND and when you do you get some sentient shards. so i hope this makes it sound a bit better for your idea and is much more fleshed out

Hm, "over-adapted" rejects eh? The Kroot of the Warhammerverse and their Krootoxen and Kroothounds come to mind. Interesting. 

Given the existence of the proto-Sentient sentinels found on asteroids out in the deep black, stands to reason that larger isolated rejects could still be out there, marooned in the deep jungle or the remote desert.

Could possibly be an oddball bridge tween the sentinels and the pets, perhaps using modifications from both, but, lacking the much more specialized components.

Certainly food for thought to chew on while I finish off Anyo's fanboys over in the Pit, perhaps even something for Mr. Jado's eyes to view.

Edited by Unus

Out with the old and in with the new, am I right fellas?
Take a look at thus sorry chap:
savalyst_by_almightyjado_dc8j857-fullvie

It's a real piece of shizz, ain't it?

Now, bring out the new one, eh?
savalyst_visual_update.png?width=1845&he

Yes, behold the Savalyst's new (and very much improved) design! Now far more in like with existing Sentient units (or at least, the Fragment types). Also much bigger than the others to help distinguish it as a heavy unit.
The insect-like antennae have been done away with in favour of more classic Sentient 'horns'. The asymmetrical weaponry has been kept, as I thought a 2-round burst variant of the Battalysts' 'energy forks' was super neat. Watch out though- as with other Fragment class Sentients, Conculysts, Lekalists, Mimics and more can pick up that deadly triple-prong weapon and lay waste to you if you happen to blast it off!

The Savalyst has also received minor gameplay changes, which you can see in the main post.

Third visual update is done! Yet another dramatic change for my old pal the Kinolyst.
Sentient_Darkwing_Archer_final.png
I decided to take inspiration from the Sentient Carriers we've had teased to us multiple times.

Spoiler

ka3iWKe.png

Turning the Kinolyst into an offensive variant of the Sentient Carrier was something definitely fun to do. You can quite clearly see that its abdomen has been designed for the sole purpose of dropping deadly payloads on top of Tenno heads.
kinolyst_visual_update.png

With this visual update come a few gameplay tweaks, mainly being:

-players no longer have to fly overtop the Kinolyst in order to damage it. The weakspot on its back no longer exists. Instead, the Kinolyst can be damage by attacking its 6 fins- once all three fins are destroyed, the Kinolyst will lose its ability to fly and crash into the ground in a magnificent scene of destruction!
-Kinolysts no longer have turrets that shoot at enemies overtop its head, but instead can launch a barrage of homing bolts from its abdomen which seek out nearby players
-Kinolysts will retain their signature purpose; dropping a photon bomb from the sky that travels straight downwards, erupting in a deadly explosion complete with laser beams emerging from ground zero!

So i have another idea this one is small (i still hope you are consulting my other ideas) but i just wanted to add another mod an augment for umbra seems how he is the sentient slayer. This is a very rare mod dropped by only titan class sentients with a 0.22% chance to drop this mod does the following:

When your operator dies umbra goes into a rage mod giving 10/50/100% movement speed , attack speed, attack damage, ability damage, heal rate, energy recharge rate, and fire rate for 5/10/20 seconds

So this is a super quick little thing i wanted to add and i think it is pretty good for umbra. i just thought this might fit in with the sentient stuff so why not oh and the base drain is 10 because of how good it is.

I have some ideas for augments for Excalibur Umbra, but first: BOI THOSE REDESIGNS LOOK AWESOME!

The "phylosophy" or "intention" behind these augments is to give us a proper reason to use Umbra out of Transference.

Now, I don't know if they have propper balance, and english is not my native lenguage so, please bare with me:

DAX STRATAGEM:

Spoiler
  • Drain/Polarity: 9 capacity at max rank / Zenurik (Augment standard I think).
  • Tooltip: During Transference, Umbra rallies allied specters, making them follow him, allowing them to gain 5%/10%/15%/20% extra damage per rallied specter.
  • Note: The extra damage caps at a 100%. (Should the follower count also cap at 5?)

Combat AIs:

OATH ETERNAL:

Spoiler

Drain/Polarity: 9 capacity at max rank / Zenurik (Augment standard).

Tooltip: During Transference, Umbra will only use the melee weapon he has equipped, gaining 5%/10%/15%/20% damage, attack and movement speed.

Note: I want this mod to also buff the Operator in some way, but I have no idea how.

OROKIN GUARD:

Spoiler

Tooltip: During Transference, Umbra will only use the primary weapon he has equipped, gaining 5%/10%/15%/20% damage and ?%/?%/?%/30% multishot.

Note: I ALSO want this mod to buff the Operator in some way, and right now my mind is like a dried up riverbed.

GILDED PEACEKEEPER:

Spoiler

Tooltip: During Transference, Umbra will only use the secondary weapon he has equipped, gaining 5%/10%/15%/20% damage. In a 20 mtrs. radius of an enemy killed by Umbra, there is a ?%/?%/?%/50% to inflict fear in the enemies nearby, making them drop their weapon and/or paralizing them/making them flee.

Notes:

Spoiler
  • The fear proc has a 50/50 chance for the weapon drop and a 50/50 chance to making them flee or just paralizing them.
  • The fear proc has a cooldown of 15 seconds.
  • I want this mod to buff other players in some way, but right now my mind is like a tree without leaves at the moment.

FINAL NOTES:

• The formatting got messed up somehow.
  • I don't know what to add at the "?" in some of the mods but at least added how those numbers should look like at max rank.
  • The combat AIs should synergize with the Dax Stratagem mod but only with the warframe specters.
Edited by RevanGarcia

Earlier I suggested a scorpion-themed Sentient, and someone suggested I create it myself. While I can’t draw to save my life, I can describe what it looks like and what it can do. I’ll leave Almighty_Jado to do the rest.

The name for it is Scorpolyst, because it both resembles a desert scorpion and the inspiration for it was Scorponok (did I spell that right?) from Transformers: Energon/the scorpion Decepticon from the first Transformers Movie.

It was created for assaults on desert worlds like mars, and might be a Sentient mini-boss that way. Its “claws” (Claw/drill hybrids) not only enable it to move quickly under desert sands, but also contain mini cluster rocket launchers. Its “stinger” not only contains a blade sharp enough to penetrate warframe armor (inspired by the Stalker’s throwing knives), but also contains several cutting lasers.

When a synovia is destroyed (while it still has at least one intact) it switches to a hit-and-run style for a minute where it burrows beneath the sand, only surfacing to do a midair melee claw or sting attack (I think) before diving back under the sand before beginning the next round. After all four synovias (one on each claw, one on the stinger, and one on the main body) are destroyed, it goes into a berserk mode to create as much chaos as possible to enable it to make a “smokescreen exit”.

The only way to permanently kill it is to destroy its synovias then kill it with Void energy/“fire” before it can retreat. What you win from this are Sentient kitgun parts that both make Zuud nervous and “take it out of your Hide” as the price for wielding them, often by dealing damage to you (Revenant being the only one “immune” to that), or by bopping you in the face occasionally, or (even more rare) by temporarily disrupting a Tenno’s link to their warframe (a tip of the hat to “redneck firing a shotgun and his pants fall down from the recoil”).

Edited by Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3
Misspelled words

On 2019-03-15 at 10:14 PM, Gamerovertron said:

So i have another idea this one is small (i still hope you are consulting my other ideas) but i just wanted to add another mod an augment for umbra seems how he is the sentient slayer. This is a very rare mod dropped by only titan class sentients with a 0.22% chance to drop this mod does the following:

When your operator dies umbra goes into a rage mod giving 10/50/100% movement speed , attack speed, attack damage, ability damage, heal rate, energy recharge rate, and fire rate for 5/10/20 seconds

So this is a super quick little thing i wanted to add and i think it is pretty good for umbra. i just thought this might fit in with the sentient stuff so why not oh and the base drain is 10 because of how good it is.

Definitely an interesting idea.

On 2019-03-16 at 12:30 PM, LostEpoch said:

I’m loving your redesigns! I guess you could say that you’re adapting them well to the Sentient style!!

good robert deniro GIF

@RevanGarcia Very neat ideas! I’m not sure if Dax Strategem would be that useful however, considering that Specters aren’t always super common, but definitely a unique idea.

10 hours ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

While I can’t draw to save my life, I can describe what it looks like and what it can do. I’ll leave Almighty_Jado to do the rest.

I tell you what. If you draw the Sentient to the best of your ability, I’ll take your design and redraw it in my own style.

It doesn’t have to be perfect, but give it a shot!

On 2018-04-07 at 1:38 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

CATACLYSMA

cataclysma_archgun_by_almightyjado-dd2ia
Info:
A mighty weapon capable of terraforming an area with a single shot. Melt, freeze or blow away those who stand against you with this Archgun cannon.

Stats:
MR: 14
Slot: Archgun | Heavy
Type: Launcher
Trigger Type: Semi
Ammo Type: Heavy
Flight Speed: 50 m/s
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 100 RPM | 100 RPM
Accuracy: 100 | 100
Magazine: 1 | 1
Max Ammo: N/A | 25
Reload: 10 seconds | 8 seconds
Damage: 700 | 1000
Crit Chance: 25% | 50%
Status Chance: 20% | 40%
Polarities: Koneksi Pol
Special Properties: The Cataclysma's damage type and effects are different based on whether or not the player using it is in Atmosphere, Archwing Space or Underwater.
The Cataclysma's primary fire launches an orb of energy that, upon contact with a surface or enemy, generates an area of effect that damages enemies every second. The Cataclysma's projectile is only affected by gravity when used in Atmospheric conditions.
Atmosphere: Create a 16 m radius electrical storm. Enemies within the storm's area are Staggered and Knocked down periodically, and electrocuted by lightning for Electricity bElectricity damage. Storm persists for 10 seconds. Projectile automatically detonates after travelling 100 m.
Archwing Space: Create a 10 m radius plasma core. Enemies within 20 meters of the plasma core's center are slowly dragged in, and take Heat bHeat damage every second they're inside the core. Core lasts for 8 seconds.
Underwater: Create a 20 m radius zone which slowly freezes. Enemies within the zone are slowed by 20% up to 100% over the 8 seconds of the zone's lifetime. At the end of its lifetime, the zone shatters, dealing Cold bCold damage to all enemies within 25 meters of the freezing zone's center. Projectile automatically detonates after travelling 100m.

A brand new weapon to add into the mix! The Cataclysma is a BIGASS Sentient cannon which harnesses the terraforming abilities of the Sentients into a deadly weapon of mass destruction! Please enjoy.

Originally designed by @Unus!

Edited by Almighty_Jado

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

A brand new weapon to add into the mix! The Cataclysma is a BIGASS Sentient cannon which harnesses the terraforming abilities of the Sentients into a deadly weapon of mass destruction! Please enjoy.

Originally designed by @Unus!

Haha! Right as rain Mr. Jado! Never thought I'd see the day I'd enter some of your work in my gallery of contributory godsends!

As the man himself, enjoy folks! She's a right beauty that packs a fist a stormy lightnin into every wallop she dishes out!