Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

On 2018-06-07 at 1:09 PM, Dark_RRiderr said:

Yeah i know what you mean, the Latron is kinda .... i dont know, i dont feel it so to say if you fire it.

Grinlok reminds me for some reason a little bit on a winchester 1873, didnt touched it in a while so cant compare with my current mods on weapons i later used to say how strong it feels.

Veldt.... was very disappointing...

Some old classics WW2 style like the "Mos Naganta" Mosin Nagant are very welcome as a transition between bolt action snipers and rifles.

Still searching for something like a M14, Tiberon Prime KINDA feels like that in single fire still something missing there and the big ass mag doesnt let it feel like that.

Single fire semi auto rifle like an M14, with some good recoil and power in every shot, slower fire rate but not to slow. Maybe Impact based. (and not that gun sound of the Latron... needs a little bit more power to the sound as well. Just not to powerful like a Hek sound)

You know, I've tried my hand at a few models, but, to be quite honest, I'm not sure I've ever hit the sweet spot for semi-autos. The closest I've even vaguely come appears to be my Kasaratee and my Fermat pieces, yet the firsts a bullpup blueprint with a conclave-centric focus and the second is an over-the-top Perrin Sequence offering with an abysmal reload time.

I wonder what the secret is to buildin a good marks?

Edited by Unus

6 hours ago, Unus said:

You know, I've tried my hand at a few models, but, to be quite honest, I'm not sure I've ever hit the sweet spot for semi-autos. The closest I've even vaguely come appears to be my Kasaratee and my Fermat pieces, yet the firsts a bullpup blueprint with a conclave-centric focus and the second is an over-the-top Perrin Sequence offering with an abysmal reload time.

I wonder what the secret is to buildin a good marks?

While both weapons are quite fun looking on paper, I have to admit that the Kasaratee would actually make an interesting Sentient weapon. Leaving its stats intact while altering its lore and appearance would make this adaptive gun quite thematically appropriate!

3 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

While both weapons are quite fun looking on paper, I have to admit that the Kasaratee would actually make an interesting Sentient weapon. Leaving its stats intact while altering its lore and appearance would make this adaptive gun quite thematically appropriate!

Wha. . . . Wha. . . . OH! I was just mumbling about marksmen weaponry with Mr. RRiderr! If your actually looking for senti-tech guns in my idea Pit and not creatures and backstory, that would be the Uragir and the Speculari. That's where all of the Sentient energy flowed to after significant expenditure on the "Factioning of the Sentients", not that I really had anything to say about it.

22 hours ago, Unus said:

Wha. . . . Wha. . . . OH! I was just mumbling about marksmen weaponry with Mr. RRiderr! If your actually looking for senti-tech guns in my idea Pit and not creatures and backstory, that would be the Uragir and the Speculari. That's where all of the Sentient energy flowed to after significant expenditure on the "Factioning of the Sentients", not that I really had anything to say about it.

Really neat ideas, although personally I don't agree with the notion of weapons being explicitly more effective against a specific faction. I just like to avoid sticking weapons into a certain niche. While the Speculari would definitely be useful on Tau thanks to its damage reduction, it loses that effectiveness everywhere else. The Uragir is also very cool, but same deal: against non-Sentients it loses its ability to reflect the adaptations acquired.

Of course these weapons could be slightly tuned to become more effective against general enemies!

Edited by Almighty_Jado

16 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Really neat ideas, although personally I don't agree with the notion of weapons being explicitly more effective against a specific faction. I just like to avoid sticking weapons into a certain niche. While the Speculari would definitely be useful on Tau thanks to its damage reduction, it loses that effectiveness everywhere else. The Uragir is also very cool, but same deal: against non-Sentients it loses its ability to reflect the adaptations acquired.

Of course these weapons could be slightly tuned to become more effective against general enemies!

Hm. . . the Speculari is more of an "ease of killing" reward for being a Sentient slayer at the top if their game, so that's largely the reason for why it is the way it is. 

Same reason for the Uragir, since it's a Quilgun for Quil operatives. 

In truth, about the only thing that covers actual Sentient units currently is the "Miltquitque of Tau", with the third one's units still in mental storage.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . the Speculari is more of an "ease of killing" reward for being a Sentient slayer at the top if their game, so that's largely the reason for why it is the way it is. 

Same reason for the Uragir, since it's a Quilgun for Quil operatives. 

In truth, about the only thing that covers actual Sentient units currently is the "Miltquitque of Tau", with the third one's units still in mental storage.

Actually this is very interesting, because I was also planning on making the tau open world volcanic in nature, similarly to what you've described! How about that, eh? Although to add to this I want to make different "climate zones" the Sentients have created- a Frozen Tundra area, volcanic area, and desert area. Possible different enemies in each zone as well, alongside "common" enemies you can find everywhere.

You're almost a year ahead of me in ideas, and I swear by my two hands I've never read up on your stuff from that long ago!

4 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Actually this is very interesting, because I was also planning on making the tau open world volcanic in nature, similarly to what you've described! How about that, eh? Although to add to this I want to make different "climate zones" the Sentients have created- a Frozen Tundra area, volcanic area, and desert area. Possible different enemies in each zone as well, alongside "common" enemies you can find everywhere.

You're almost a year ahead of me in ideas, and I swear by my two hands I've never read up on your stuff from that long ago!

Really? Huh, i'm feeling that same odd feeling I got the day the Zar was born and I saw my Zor mortar rifle have a real twin. Either I'm good at hijacking brainwaves or I just make. . . good shots in the dark?

I never did figure out any truly proper "standard" enemies aside from the Electrum Armada's and the Sea Filters scuttlers, so, you have me beat there.

I'm kind of holding off on new content right now in anticipation for The Sacrifice! There could be some major lore bombs/gameplay bombs that I may have to take into consideration.

Hang in there, Tenno! I'll get back to this once we have space mom back (hopefully)!

On 2018-06-09 at 9:26 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

Since the Sentients are known to be highly adaptable, will the sentients enhabiting each region integrate a element to their atk if their is one present.

Example: Volcano Region(Fire, Blast)

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

Just to put out their this thread really needs more love. Its one the best concepts on the forums. With alot of input from the community this could be implemented into the game. 

Never know sir/mam, tried for a few years to do much the same over in the Pit, but, in the end, I reined in my ambition thanks to a lack of artistic talent. Now, I'm just making things cuse I love to and love talking about them.

With Mr. Jado and his personalized artwerk combined WITH his descriptions? Possibilities arise that are far out of my reach.

Fingers crossed sir/mam, fingers crossed.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

Since the Sentients are known to be highly adaptable, will the sentients enhabiting each region integrate a element to their atk if their is one present.

Example: Volcano Region(Fire, Blast)

An excellent idea, sir! I will take into consideration for sure!

You sir, need to be a design developer, I love the sentient designs, and I want this in game.
Granted, I do kinda want a scythe design for a sentient weapon, as well as a field boss/assassin that drops it (kinda like how used to use hate) that has a "pulse" per say.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

An excellent idea, sir! I will take into consideration for sure!

Just me throwing out stuff in a more descriptive format.

Lets call it Elemental Assimilation.

Maybe not all areas should implement this feature like the lower tiered regions(Starter Area)

1.) Volcanic Region - (Fire , Blast) :self explaintory

Also i am debating if including Gas would be viable especially in the deeper regions of the region. Due to to multitude of toxic fumes being in the air.

2. )Frozen Region - (Cold, Magnetic)

(Dont know what type could be a tundra or Icy Mountain) 

3.) Storm Valley? - (Lightning, Radiation)

(Idea behind this one was a natural geological formation creates natural electromagnet. Think of the scence from the Maze Runner Scorch Trial, an everlasting Lightning Storm trapped in one region.)

4. )Also i was thinking that the percent of elemental dmg they sentients have could depend on what part of the region they are in. As you work your way to the center of a enviroment the percentage elemental damage increases. (Havent worked out the numbers yet)

Will try to come up with more enviroments. And maybe some creatures unique to each one.

Edited by (PS4)Elixz8247

28 minutes ago, highisaac123 said:

You sir, need to be a design developer, I love the sentient designs, and I want this in game.
Granted, I do kinda want a scythe design for a sentient weapon, as well as a field boss/assassin that drops it (kinda like how used to use hate) that has a "pulse" per say.

Actually, instead of straight up giving players sentient weapons, I’ve been trying to aim for causing Sentients to drop particular Zaw parts. Of course you would be able to make a Sentient Scythe with several of the parts, though!

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions! I very much appreciate it!

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

-snip-

Excellent ideas! I do believe that a “normal” area should totally exist, but of course it’s not going to be a cakewalk at all. base enemies level will likely be 50-70 at the place where there are unadapted Sentients that acts as a starting point for players to begin with. 

Also, I was thinking that if the environmental regions actually SHIFTED over time, that would make things interesting. The Sentients are adept at terraforming, so I doubt that this would be a far stretch from a lore perspective. Additionally, this would let players potentially see the same region but in different states throughout the rotation. Keep things interesting!

Also as a heads up- try not to make too many environmental regions. Don’t want to make things too complicated!

EDIT: actually, go ahead and make as many as you want XD. I’ll pick n choose the best suited ones for use.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

1 minute ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Actually, instead of straight up giving players sentient weapons, I’ve been trying to aim for causing Sentients to drop particular Zaw parts. Of course you would be able to make a Sentient Scythe with several of the parts, though!

Excellent ideas! I do believe that a “normal” area should totally exist, but of course it’s not going to be a cakewalk at all. base enemies level will likely be 50-70 at the place where there are unadapted Sentients that acts as a starting point for players to begin with. 

Also, I was thinking that if the environmental regions actually SHIFTED over time, that would make things interesting. The Sentients are adept at terraforming, so I doubt that this would be a far stretch from a lore perspective. Additionally, this would let players potentially see the same region but in different states throughout the rotation. Keep things interesting!

Also as a heads up- try not to make too many environmental regions. Don’t want to make things too complicated!

I was thinking of only add 1 more that gives a elemental boost, say a Toxic Swamp(Corrosive, Viral). Just crapped myself thinking of getting one shotted by this combo. Just 2 complete the 4 main elemental cycle

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

EDIT: actually, go ahead and make as many as you want XD. I’ll pick n choose the best suited ones for use.

Thought just occurred to me while I was working on an unrelated project sir, unrelated to my own work on my version of Tau.

What if, because they were originally made to BE terraformers, they can't stop?

Picture it, a barren and volcanic landscape when you arrive, when suddenly, a group of Sentients traveling in-formation sweep across the terrain. Wherever they skid, water bubbles up from below and Sentient "plant-life" unfurls and blooms. If you stop them, the region naturally beats back the effect and keeps it's standard resources, but, if they cover greater then 50% of the map, the region converts over into the new terrain over time on it's own with new resources and new foes + threats. Then come the Ice Pavers, the Vulcanism Stirrers, the Dust Makers, the Land Drowners, all engaged in this weird bloodless "turf war" of skimming across the world and making it "how it should be".

30 minutes ago, Unus said:

Thought just occurred to me while I was working on an unrelated project sir, unrelated to my own work on my version of Tau.

What if, because they were originally made to BE terraformers, they can't stop?

Picture it, a barren and volcanic landscape when you arrive, when suddenly, a group of Sentients traveling in-formation sweep across the terrain. Wherever they skid, water bubbles up from below and Sentient "plant-life" unfurls and blooms. If you stop them, the region naturally beats back the effect and keeps it's standard resources, but, if they cover greater then 50% of the map, the region converts over into the new terrain over time on it's own with new resources and new foes + threats. Then come the Ice Pavers, the Vulcanism Stirrers, the Dust Makers, the Land Drowners, all engaged in this weird bloodless "turf war" of skimming across the world and making it "how it should be".

Edit: Would this tera sweep result in multiple enviroments at one time? If so is their a internal power struggle within the Sentient faction based upon their assigned enviroment?

Edited by (PS4)Elixz8247

1 hour ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

Edit: Would this tera sweep result in multiple enviroments at one time? If so is their a internal power struggle within the Sentient faction based upon their assigned enviroment?

Hm. . . I was thinking this'd more be an "optional" sorta Tau transition, but, I suppose there could be "bastions of power" for each where everything's gone overboard. Deep oceans, endless dunes, strangleing vegetation, etc. all bordering this "no man's land".

I wasn't thinking of them in actual direct conflict, more like that they are all stuck in "build mode" and overwrite each other repeatedly without Orokin guidance. Hunhow coulda broke the learning gap, but, fell victim to adapting himself to his role of conquest.

As always, this ain't the Tau story I have, just a thought in my mind after thinking a bit about Mr. Jado's.

2 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . I was thinking this'd more be an "optional" sorta Tau transition, but, I suppose there could be "bastions of power" for each where everything's gone overboard. Deep oceans, endless dunes, strangleing vegetation, etc. all bordering this "no man's land".

I wasn't thinking of them in actual direct conflict, more like that they are all stuck in "build mode" and overwrite each other repeatedly without Orokin guidance. Hunhow coulda broke the learning gap, but, fell victim to adapting himself to his role of conquest.

As always, this ain't the Tau story I have, just a thought in my mind after thinking a bit about Mr. Jado's.

Oh so basically a zone of an extreme comcept of said habitat. 

53 minutes ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

Oh so basically a zone of an extreme comcept of said habitat. 

Yeah, yeah, and potentially a "Beach-Head Zone" that all the Sentients loath and shy away from because it does not change like the soil, sea, and sky, loathsome.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Yeah, yeah, and potentially a "Beach-Head Zone" that all the Sentients loath and shy away from because it does not change like the soil, sea, and sky, loathsome.

Could this "Beach-Head Zone" possibly contain the natives that the sentients couldnt wipe out. If their were any at all.

Edit: "Native being not just humanoids but maybe dangerous wildlife. 

Edited by (PS4)Elixz8247

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

Could this "Beach-Head Zone" possibly contain the natives that the sentients couldnt wipe out. If their were any at all.

Edit: "Native being not just humanoids but maybe dangerous wildlife. 

Hm, natives? Hadn't really thought about native life that wasn't Sentient life "gone native".

Hmm. . . Oh, hm, perhaps the "native life" wasn't "normal"? Silicoids, methane, sulfur, ammonia respirers, basically things the Orokin wouldn't be able to cohabitate with or wouldn't be able to spot from Earth. How advanced they'd be or how they'd even be able to interact with the Tenno, I'm not to sure about.