Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

16 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

A small price to pay for salvation.

Small ? Are really sure about that.

Granted , the current style is way better for the reader (no need to click link or open tabs ). But man are you going to increse your work load by quite a bite every time you update this post. Table of contents os far easier to update.

Anyways this collective post os the best collective concept I've ever seen. It is the best concept I've seen as well. 

Good luck.

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

probably splitting the content up among the three first posts that I've made in the thread, since that way I can keep most of the current "infrastructure" while effectively tripling the "memory capacity".

What happens to the original content of those first few posts if you do that?

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Thanks for y'alls suggestions

You're welcome!

7 hours ago, keikogi said:

Small ? Are really sure about that.

Granted , the current style is way better for the reader (no need to click link or open tabs ). But man are you going to increse your work load by quite a bite every time you update this post. Table of contents os far easier to update.

Anyways this collective post os the best collective concept I've ever seen. It is the best concept I've seen as well. 

Good luck.

I appreciate it, thanks!

4 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

What happens to the original content of those first few posts if you do that?

tenor.gif?itemid=4956349

In all seriousness, only one of the posts is really important (which is the legacy Ferrolyst post). The other one is essentially a bump post which could dissected a bit and absorbed into the main post(s).

I could also quote the legacy Ferrolyst post and repost it in order to maintain it. Think of it kind of like a relocation of an ancient artifact to a new location- in a museum!

Anyways, we'll see. The workload to update the Legion of Tau shouldn't be too much more difficult if I just divide the different sections up among the three posts. There's 9-ish sections: Intro, Systems & Economy, Bounties, The Shadow of Erebos Quest, Enemies, Varakira Content, Weapons, Mods & Arcanes, and the "Hall of Fame". If I put 3 sections per post, that would be neat and tidy, and people still wouldn't have to scroll very far to access things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-04-09 at 12:37 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

Here we go! A new (and very large) addition to the Sentient forces!

SENTIENT FERROLYST
ferrolyst_by_almightyjado_dc8bdqo-fullvi

Info:
The Ferrolyst is an ancient, dirt covered Sentient that spends most of its time buried underground, in a hibernating state. These huge Sentients were once used for the original Terraforming of the planets in Tau's system, intended for precisely altering the landscape in small areas. Their potent abilities to change gravity by changing the density of the ground, change air temperature, and other environmental aspects make them incredibly powerful Sentients in combat.
Gameplay:
-Ferrolysts usually remain buried underground, with only the 4 "prongs" on top of its main carapace exposed. If enough Sentients are killed nearby the prongs, the Ferrolyst will 'awaken,' causing the ground to begin to rumble violently, with glowing cracks forming in the ground. After 10 seconds, the ground erupts, dealing massive damage to any Tenno caught in the area as the Ferrolyst emerges onto the surface.
-Ferrolysts have 3 combat stages, similar to Eidolon bosses.
STAGE ONE:
-The Ferrolyst slowly lumbers around, using attacks periodically while remaining invulnerable to all forms of damage except Void; its overshields must be depleted exactly like the Eidolon using Amps and Void beams
-The Ferrolyst can increase the gravity in a 100 meter radius around itself for 20 seconds, causing all Tenno in the area to have a greatly decreased ability to move vertically, affecting jumping, bullet jumping, and any abilities that pull players upwards, like Zephyr's Tailwind, Valkyr's Ripline, etc. Void Mode cancels out this gravity well, meaning Void Dash is not affected. In addition, players who get knocked down take twice as long to stand back up while in the gravity well. This ability is mainly used by the Ferrolyst to make it harder for players to dodge its other attacks, as well as other Sentients' attacks.
-The Ferrolyst can release an acid from underneath its "head," leaving patches of chemicals that deal Corrosive damage per second with a high status chance.
-The Ferrolyst can be damaged by depleting its shields and then destroying one of its two Energy Synovias. WARNING: The Ferrolyst will permanently become immune to the majority damage type used to destroy that Synovia. After destroying it, the Ferrolyst will reactivate its shields and begin stage 2.
STAGE TWO:
-The Ferrolyst no longer moves, but becomes more dangerous. Its shields must be depleted again with Void Beams or Amps
-The gravity well gains an additional 100 meters of radius for a total of 200 meters
-The acid rain patches are released more frequently.
-The Ferrolyst gains the ability to leap up to 50 meters in a direction, dealing impact damage in a 75 meter radius as well as causing several rock walls to pop out of the ground, each one lasting for 60 seconds. Rocks walls must be climbed over, and act mostly as obstacles for players to overcome
-The Ferrolyst gains the ability to alter the air temperature so that it becomes very hot. It begins to target an area before causing that area to drastically heat up, dealing heat damage to any players in the zone, as well as inducing a heat proc
-The Ferrolyst can also decrease the air temperature, targeting an area and dealing cold damage while inducing a cold proc
-The Ferrolyst can begin to pour large thunderclouds from its 4 back "prongs," which fire lightning bolts at Players dealing electrical damage. These lightning bolts CANNOT BE DODGED, but do not deal heavy damage, forcing players to prepare for a consistent source of incoming damage for a short period.
-The Ferrolyst can be damaged by depleting its shields and then destroying the last of its two Energy Synovias. WARNING: The Ferrolyst will permanently become immune to the majority damage type used to destroy that Synovia. After destroying it, the Ferrolyst's two legs will fall apart, causing its head to fall to the ground. Stage 3 then begins.
STAGE THREE:
-The Ferrolyst no longers moves, and no longer has shields, so it may be damaged directly. Remember that it is now immune to two different damage types. It also becomes increasingly dangerous as it attempts to fight to its last breath
-The gravity well gains an additional 100 meters of radius for a total of 300 meters. Additionally, the gravity well is permanently activated until the Ferrolyst's death
-the acid rain patches are now always present around the Ferrolyst's head as acid continually pours out of its skull
-The Ferrolyst's temperature altering abilities are now more frequent and deal more damage
-The Ferrolyst no longer creates stormclouds, but summons electrified tornadoes that move quickly and deal electricity damage per second. Players must stay on their toes to avoid these!
-The Ferrolyst also calls Portalyst reinforcements periodically during Stage 3.
-The Ferrolyst is defeated when players deal enough damage to its head

Legacy Ferrolyst post! You're likely seeing this because the "renovations" for my thread have begun, and this poor guy was displaced! I couldn't just delete this OG content, so it'll be immortalized safe and sound right here.

Stay tuned for actual new stuff.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

• 2 weeks later...

VIKASATI (by @Loza03)

On 2018-04-09 at 2:04 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

unnamed_tenno_rifle.png
Info:

As the Sentients adapt, so must the Tenno. This slow but hard-hitting weapon uses reverse engineered Tau-tech to fire elemental beams and annihilate those it's pointed at. Use fire to detonate target's skulls, electric to spread damage across a wider area, toxin to lay down deadly pools and cold to stem the tide. A mighty companion against the Legions of Tau.
Stats:
MR: 14
Slot: Primary
Type: Rifle
Trigger Type: Semi-auto
Ammo Type: Rifle
Noise Level: Alarming
Fire Rate: 80 RPM
Accuracy: 50
Magazine Size: 8
Max Ammo: 800
Reload: 2 seconds
Base Damage: 20 Impact bImpact, 20 Puncture bPuncture, Slash b20 Slash
Total Damage: 60
Crit Chance: 25%
Crit Damage: 2.5x
Status Chance: 20%
Polarities: Naramon Pol
Special Property: Primary fires laser beams with a minor area of effect. Alternate fire switches the elemental rounds this rifle fires- Toxin, Heat, Cold and Electric. The Vikasati’s primary fire deals an additional 60 damage equal to the currently selected elemental type. Additionally, a special passive is activated depending on the currently selected round. Toxin: On headshot kill, create a 4 meter-radius toxic puddle that deals 30 Toxin btoxin per second to enemies that step within it. Puddle lasts 10 seconds. Heat: On headshot kill, generate a 3 meter-radius explosion that deals 240 Heat bheat damage. Enemies receive down to 50% damage based on their distance from the explosion’s epicenter. Cold: On headshot kill, create a 6 meter-radius burst that freezes nearby enemies, slowing them by 75 to 90% based on distance to epicenter. Electric: On headshot kill, generate potent chain lightning that strikes up to 4 nearby enemies, dealing 60 Electricity belectric damage to each enemy hit while stunning them.

BLASTOMA (By @DarkRuler2500)

On 2018-04-09 at 2:04 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

Unnamed_Infested_Revolver.png
Info:
A powerful biological firearm capable of mutating the naturally occurring microscopic fauna inside its victims into organisms capable of destroying their host within seconds. Enemies that succumb to this weapon produce biomass that the Blastoma can use as ammunition.
Stats:
Slot: Secondary
Type: Pistol
Trigger Type: Burst (3x)
Ammo Type: Pistol
Projectile Flight Speed: 80 m/s
Fire Rate: 174 RPM
Accuracy: 100
Magazine Size: 15
Max Ammo: 15
Reload (Battery): 0.8 delay + 29.2 seconds
Base Damage: 40 Corrosive bCorrosive, 40 Gas bGas, 40 Viral bViral
Total Damage: 120
Crit Chance: 6%
Crit Damage: 1.9x
Polarities: Madurai PolMadurai Pol
Special Property: Each projectile fired by the Blastoma creates a spore cloud with a 4m diameter. Spore clouds deal 20 damage per second with a 30% status chance every tick. Damage is evenly divided between Corrosive bCorrosive and Viral bViral. Enemies that die by the Blastoma or otherwise perish within the spore clouds generate a cyst which can be picked up to instantly reload the magazine.

It's about time I got these out, right? Sorry about the delay all- life got a bit busy, and I tried to juggle too much at once. With these weapons down, I'll be moving on to more, newer content. There IS one last weapon contest entry that isn't up yet, but I'll be sitting on it for a while purely because melee 3.0 is a pain and I need time to also update older melee weapon entries to the Legion of Tau.

New Warframe augments and a BIG addition coming soon. Thanks for patience everyone, enjoy, and leave comments!

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

BLASTOMA (By @DarkRuler2500)

On 2018-04-09 at 3:04 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

Unnamed_Infested_Revolver.png
Info:
A powerful biological firearm capable of mutating the naturally occurring microscopic fauna inside its victims into organisms capable of destroying their host within seconds. Enemies that succumb to this weapon produce biomass that the Blastoma can use as ammunition.
Stats:
Slot: Secondary
Type: Pistol
Trigger Type: Burst (3x)
Ammo Type: Pistol
Projectile Flight Speed: 80 m/s
Fire Rate: 174 RPM
Accuracy: 100
Magazine Size: 15
Max Ammo: 15
Reload (Battery): 0.8 delay + 29.2 seconds
Base Damage: 40 Corrosive bCorrosive, 40 Gas bGas, 40 Viral bViral
Total Damage: 120
Crit Chance: 6%
Crit Damage: 1.9x
Polarities: Madurai PolMadurai Pol
Special Property: Each projectile fired by the Blastoma creates a spore cloud with a 4m diameter. Spore clouds deal 20 damage per second with a 30% status chance every tick. Damage is evenly divided between Corrosive bCorrosive and Viral bViral. Enemies that die by the Blastoma or otherwise perish within the spore clouds generate a cyst which can be picked up to instantly reload the magazine.

Interesting texture choice usualy infested weapon look more like flesh , this one looks like bones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2019-12-06 at 6:24 PM, BulletBoi said:

...Does this count as a necro?

Sorry.

Really curious to see where this is going, maybe there could be railjack use here! (yes I KNOW IT ISNT EVEN OUT.)

Love it!

Absolutely not! I’m still working on this, but my latest update is taking much longer than expected.

I definitely have plans to expand this to Railjack- a Tau Proxima May be in order. However, don’t expect this until much, much later when Railjack gameplay knowledge becomes more well known. Also, I’ve actually been away to the tropics this past week, which means two things: One, I’ve been able to get a ton of art progress done on the next update, and two, unfortunately I have been away from my PC and not able to even participate in the Sentient shenanigans happening in the Veil Proxima!

Ive got lots of catching up to do, but the Legion of Tau isn’t complete yet. Hang in there!

unknown.png

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Crimbo everyone! I know I’m a bit late, but that was because I’ve been spending a lot of time with me family! Hopefully everyone reading this had a grand ol time this past week.

Also small status update: next update pushed back a wee bit because I had an issue with some save file corruption which was wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

unknown.png

Just another quick screengrab from my work to show you guys some of the progress being made. Still lots to go, but I thought it wouldn't be nice to keep those who care waiting.

Happy decade!

Looks like a good friend for the new sentient shield guy.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, just another update- I'm super behind schedule right now, I know. Things have been much crazier than normal this semester, and I think I might also be suffering from burnout a bit.

Rest assured I have NOT scrapped my work.

EDIT: If anyone knows the font Warframe uses in its menus, let me know since it will make several things for me much easier!

unknown.png <- this font specifically

Edited by Almighty_Jado

3 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Hi guys, just another update- I'm super behind schedule right now, I know. Things have been much crazier than normal this semester, and I think I might also be suffering from burnout a bit.

Don't even trip, dawg. Burnout is the worst thing that can happen to a creative, and I understand any measures you might take to avoid it.

Normally what I do is find another game, relax, and try to use Warframe as a sometime thing before I inevitably come back for a bit with new ideas. For example, I brought back a Vladof assault rifle after a long Borderlands 3 sabbatical. 

In the end, we're all here because we love this buggy, clunky, spaghetti-coded, scattershot, unfocused mess of a game. It may be flawed, but it's also ours. Do whatever you can to make sure nothing kills off your enjoyment of this game.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

2 hours ago, Conquest375 said:

Pardon me but the weapon not being hot garbage.

Ah I see. Yeah I mean it’s pretty subpar when it’s compared to the Gram Prime, Galatine Prime, Paracesis and Zaw heavy blades considering how difficult it is to even acquire it.

Honestly I’m not sure how I would buff it other than throwing flat boosts onto all of its stats. A super niche passive might allow it to stick apart, perhaps like altering its base damage types based on the enemies’ weaknesses in a similar way to Baruuk’s Reactive Storm or Revenant’s Danse Macabre.

Its also not really a buff, but with my prospective update it would get an Omni polarity, but that means basically Jack Shizz because that won’t do anything for the weapons unsatisfactory dps.

What do you think? You have any neat ideas or concepts for it?

9 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Ah I see. Yeah I mean it’s pretty subpar when it’s compared to the Gram Prime, Galatine Prime, Paracesis and Zaw heavy blades considering how difficult it is to even acquire it.

Honestly I’m not sure how I would buff it other than throwing flat boosts onto all of its stats. A super niche passive might allow it to stick apart, perhaps like altering its base damage types based on the enemies’ weaknesses in a similar way to Baruuk’s Reactive Storm or Revenant’s Danse Macabre.

Its also not really a buff, but with my prospective update it would get an Omni polarity, but that means basically Jack Shizz because that won’t do anything for the weapons unsatisfactory dps.

Adapting damage would help its dps.

People have been suggesting for ages that using its charge attack sent the same shock wave shadow stalker does.

It also could have more interesting effects like blocking with the War gave an “adaptation stack “. SO the weapon would have defensive edge over the rest of the great swords.

28 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Adapting damage would help its dps.

People have been suggesting for ages that using its charge attack sent the same shock wave shadow stalker does.

It also could have more interesting effects like blocking with the War gave an “adaptation stack “. SO the weapon would have defensive edge over the rest of the great swords.

Stalker-related stuff is always badass. Turning War into a neat charge attack based weapon might be cool- perhaps if they added the same Sentient-adaptation removing effect that the Paracesis and Shedu have to the shockwave. Might make it niche for fighting Sentients...? Except probably the Paracesis is going to be better in every regard there. Hard to say.

To be honest I feel like the blocking thing isn’t a great idea just because of the dps versus defence issue that’s plagued the game for years now. Why try to mitigate damage from enemies when you can just kill them and prevent them from hurting you ever again? Not necessarily a bad idea from you, just the game’s in a spot right now that doesn’t accommodate for that kind of gameplay, sadly.

10 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

How about, a beam?

Spoiler

latest?cb=20180430153835
Not entirely sure exactly how to implement it, but I mean...
Seeing what happened with Revenant thanks to DE feeling like he didn't have enough lasers for a Sentient frame, it would probably work.