Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

23 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hm, natives? Hadn't really thought about native life that wasn't Sentient life "gone native".

Hmm. . . Oh, hm, perhaps the "native life" wasn't "normal"? Silicoids, methane, sulfur, ammonia respirers, basically things the Orokin wouldn't be able to cohabitate with or wouldn't be able to spot from Earth. How advanced they'd be or how they'd even be able to interact with the Tenno, I'm not to sure about.

These life forms could be the faction we gain rep with like the ostrons when they figure out we the tenno can kill the Sentients more effienctly. 

Thats if a faction belongs in this concept.

I will use this post for future enviroments that could be used.(Just edits to add them here)

1.) Sky Island - islands float in the sky. Couple of fragmented landmasses connected by plant life. Seperated in two cycles. Usually the enenmies are normal being no elemental enhancements. But occasionally a strong electrical storm passes through this region, In which sentients gain (Electric).

2.) Magma Flatlands - located near the Volcanoes, a river of passes through this area. Destroying whatever life that was present before. Since the river of lava is us not to close explosions and gas fumes are not that prevalient. So only enemies only gain a boost in Fire. 

(I believe sub-habitats like this could give a since fluidity to the maps instead of clunky instant transitions.)

Also could include various life forms that can survive in lava as resources to hunt(Ex: Lava Carb) 

Edited by (PS4)Elixz8247

5 hours ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

These life forms could be the faction we gain rep with like the ostrons when they figure out we the tenno can kill the Sentients more effienctly. 

Thats if a faction belongs in this concept.

Hard to say. Need to check with Mr. Jado the next time he pops on. I honestly didn't expect my tossaway to lead to any form of discussion myself, so, hopefully Mistah J didn't mind the tangent. 

I’ve gotta take some time to digest what just happened in the Sacrifice.

minor spoilers below:

So we did appear to get a new damage type, called “Tau”, which I’ll have to do some research on and see how I can incorporate it into this world.

Umbra has certain abilities like radial howl that removes sentient adaptations. I’ll have to figure out how this affects my enemies.

Also, it appears that the Lotus actually transported herself to Tau at the end of the quest! DE may be bringing us there themselves...

lastly, it appears Ballas has some degree of control over the Sentients. I’ll see what I can dig up about this.

Hang in there guys! Let’s give it a few days while the community digests things.

PS I don’t mind the dicussions y’all are having. It gets the juices going!

Edited by Almighty_Jado

This just inspired me for a Return to Tau three part story quest. Be warned, they contain spoilers for Sacrifice:

Spoiler

Part One: Secrets of the Vitruvian

Deep analysis of the Orokin Vitruvian in Sacrifice reveals the galactic coordinates for Tau, and where the Zariman Ten-Zero was mothballed after recovery by the Orokin. The problem is that a Corpus worm also reveals the locations, while the Grineer send a new type of Manic to "obtain" the data from the Corpus. But here's the thing, The Tenno don't know about this until after the hack/theft by the Corpus and Grineer and only find out about it after recovering and restoring the data.

Spoiler

Part Two: Recover the Ten-Zero

It's a race against time, so to speak. as Grineer, Corpus, and Tenno race to the Ten-Zero's storage hanger. But there is now a problem: Hunhow has now learned about it and is sending the first of his Legion to destroy it.

After the Tenno obtain the Ten-Zero, it's a massive farming operation to gather resources to repair it AND upgrade it for survivability on Tau AND prevent another Z-T-Z incident from happening.

Your clan also gets to choose how it appears, depending on what you use to repair it.

Use resources from Grineer: More likely to survive travel to Tau, but more likely to encounter another Z-T-Z incident.

Use resources from Corpus: Less likely to encounter second Z-T-Z incident, but less likely to survive on Tau.

Use resources/guidance from Quills/Vitruvian: Best of both Grineer and Corpus, but more expensive and harder to obtain resources for their plans.

Spoiler

Part Three: Return to Tau

Once you arrive on Tau, you have to gather resources, build an ops base, and defend against attacks from Sentients while also hunting down Hunhow (for permanent dirt nap) and Natah/Lotus (for "rescue" [not traditional one of course]). Think of it like building a base in a Post-Nuclear Holocaust world like Fallout or similar games.

On 2018-06-15 at 10:45 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

minor spoilers below:

Hang in there guys! Let’s give it a few days while the community digests things.

Spoilers to the Sacrifice quest:

Spoiler

Lotus refered to her "mother" and coming back home, so I do believe there is still a sentient society living in tau, breeding normally and not affected by the void exposure. It's just a theory, so maybe Lotus would ask the sentients not to kill her precious babies... Maybe.

I think that the "Tau" damage resistance and "more damage to tau" would act the same way the faction specific mods work, so I don't think it's a big worry. Apparently only special mods have those resistances and extra damage in them, so it would already be a challenge to properly add those to your build anyways.

17 hours ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

-snip-

Very interesting! I am looking for ways to create a bridge to Tau that players must use. I very much agree with having an almost camp-like Ops Base as the "Cetus of Tau" or the "Hub World" for Tau. Since the Tenno are essentially in enemy territory, the edges of the town area would be covered in those blue Tenno Operatives, along with Syndicate operatives armed with their weapons, shooting at Sentients roaming around the skybox.

Your inclusion of Hunhow, while he is everyone's favourite Sentient, I kind of want to distance myself from. This is mainly because I really want to see what other powerful Sentient lords are lurking in that mysterious system, and how their own Sentient broods would appear (as we know, different Sentients produce different looking fragments, ie Hunhow and the Battalysts, Mimics, Oculysts and Conculysts; and the Plains Sentient with the Eidolons.)

Thanks for your input though, I can definitely use ideas like these to find creative ways of getting players TO Tau.

13 hours ago, Yanzoo said:

Spoilers to the Sacrifice quest:

Hide contents

Lotus refered to her "mother" and coming back home, so I do believe there is still a sentient society living in tau, breeding normally and not affected by the void exposure. It's just a theory, so maybe Lotus would ask the sentients not to kill her precious babies... Maybe.

I think that the "Tau" damage resistance and "more damage to tau" would act the same way the faction specific mods work, so I don't think it's a big worry. Apparently only special mods have those resistances and extra damage in them, so it would already be a challenge to properly add those to your build anyways.

Spoiler

Sentients at Tau have no problems reproducing. It was only the trip BACK to the System that causes Sentients to lose their fertility. As for what in the bloody Void the Lotus is doing, I have no clue. Honestly we didn't really get a good look at what Ballas' overall goal was, and what part Natah/Margulis has to play in it. I mean, other than her being the only Sentient capable of destroying Umbra.

10 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Very interesting! I am looking for ways to create a bridge to Tau that players must use. I very much agree with having an almost camp-like Ops Base as the "Cetus of Tau" or the "Hub World" for Tau. Since the Tenno are essentially in enemy territory, the edges of the town area would be covered in those blue Tenno Operatives, along with Syndicate operatives armed with their weapons, shooting at Sentients roaming around the skybox.

Your inclusion of Hunhow, while he is everyone's favourite Sentient, I kind of want to distance myself from. This is mainly because I really want to see what other powerful Sentient lords are lurking in that mysterious system, and how their own Sentient broods would appear (as we know, different Sentients produce different looking fragments, ie Hunhow and the Battalysts, Mimics, Oculysts and Conculysts; and the Plains Sentient with the Eidolons.)

Thanks for your input though, I can definitely use ideas like these to find creative ways of getting players TO Tau.

Hide contents

Sentients at Tau have no problems reproducing. It was only the trip BACK to the System that causes Sentients to lose their fertility. As for what in the bloody Void the Lotus is doing, I have no clue. Honestly we didn't really get a good look at what Ballas' overall goal was, and what part Natah/Margulis has to play in it. I mean, other than her being the only Sentient capable of destroying Umbra.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting a really freaky vibe from the Lotus currently, like she's split between regarding Ballas as "her husband", "her creator", and "her master".

I want a dragon sentient and fight him in that big lake in the plains, the dragon lives inside the water and comes out to kill us while we keep standing in that big rock in the middle behind where we sacrifice the shards, I want him to be as big as the whole lake, I saw a dragon in " god of war " and I like something like this be in warframe too

7 hours ago, IAmTheFutureFlash said:

I want a dragon sentient and fight him in that big lake in the plains, the dragon lives inside the water and comes out to kill us while we keep standing in that big rock in the middle behind where we sacrifice the shards, I want him to be as big as the whole lake, I saw a dragon in " god of war " and I like something like this be in warframe too

This actually ties into something else I was working on, that I'm mentioning here. Almighty_Jado also says that he wants to create other Sentient Lords, by staying away from Hunhow. I'm putting that here because of my idea:

During his quest to eradicate the Tenno, Hunhow uncovers the Gara Legend, and thus learns about the Eidolons. Now he's attempting to stitch the Eidolons back together into their original form and put it under his control. But due to Tenno Interference, he only partially succeeds but he does create a dragon-like super-sentient from seven eidolons (one for each leg, one for the head, one for the body, and one for the tail) that the Tenno have to destroy. The main problem is that, not only is it unharmed by sunlight, every time you succeed damaging it, one of the body parts (Tail, legs, body and head in that order) breaks off and fights the Tenno while the rest of it gains new abilities in place of what it/they lose when the part breaks off.

I got that one from the final boss of the original Cartoon Network Fusionfall Game's final boss, which you have to kill three times to fully defeat it.

8 hours ago, IAmTheFutureFlash said:

I was thinking about about animal influenced sentient designs. Not normal animals but more myth inspired for Tau.

Also since WF is heavily influenced my eastern doctrines a dragon living in a lake fits the theme. In most asian myths dragons are known as bringer of rain and storms and may rest in the depths of lakes, rivers, and the ocean.

On 2018-06-15 at 9:45 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

minor spoilers below:

I was thinking "Tau" dmg could function like Everfrost damage from Neverwinter

Ahhhhhh, I think I'm furthering my understanding of why my Pit isn't quite that commetable compared to your area.

1. Single Topic Focus.

2. Artistic Ability.

3. Consistent Inclusion of Outsider  Ideas.

When the umbra and sacrificial mods came out the general response was omg now i have farm forma and endo. What hit me was oh s**t how diffucult is the new content gone to be and how mods are about to be released. 

I think something the community overlooked was that DE saw a need to release these mods to give some time to prepare because in their eyes we r 2 weak and second i think another round of mods are coming

Edited by (PS4)Elixz8247

6 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ahhhhhh, I think I'm furthering my understanding of why my Pit isn't quite that commetable compared to your area.

1. Single Topic Focus.

2. Artistic Ability.

3. Consistent Inclusion of Outsider  Ideas.

Yeah i checked it out their great but to many things squished together. If i was you(not bossing u around). I would separate the thread into separate ones to give a sense of organization.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

Yeah i checked it out their great but to many things squished together. If i was you(not bossing u around). I would separate the thread into separate ones to give a sense of organization.

Oh, I've thought about that, but, there is one particular issue that keeps getting in my way. I worry that I might accidentally overtake the page in the division. I don't want to bury places like Fluffy's Warframe Concepts or The Legion of Tau under a cavalcade of my own trash. That said, I still would like to figure out a way to make it easier to maneuver around the Pit. I thought having the link buttons on the front page would help, but, if its still a mess? Eck.
As an aside, was there anything that stood out over in the Pit?

In addition to that addition, something for Mr. Jado to mull over. We've heard quite a bit about Hunhow, but, now we know Natah has a MOTHER waiting for her in the Tau system. Think that might be an interesting character for you to flesh out?

Edited by Unus

12 hours ago, IAmTheFutureFlash said:

-snip-

That’s just another part of the Eidolon brood Ship that was destroyed.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

-snipperino-

Possibly! But if Natah really does have a Mother, then DE probably already has a good set of plans marked out for her, so I will stay away from that.

However, I do not think Sentients actually sexually reproduce. Thusly, it may be possible that Natah is referring to Tau itself as the mother, simply to how people may refer to their home country as their motherland.

But then again, who knows? Meeting Space Grandmom might be an interesting event in the future!

If a weapon is created "out of the bones" from Sentients, it should introduce a new type of exclusive polarity (conviniently named Tau) that works as a "universal polarity" meaning, it allows the reduccion of the capacity consumption of any mod, representing the adaptability of the Sentients.

2 hours ago, RevanGarcia said:

If a weapon is created "out of the bones" from Sentients, it should introduce a new type of exclusive polarity (conviniently named Tau) that works as a "universal polarity" meaning, it allows the reduccion of the capacity consumption of any mod, representing the adaptability of the Sentients.

Quite a good idea! And of course it would be able to be forma’d out if someone was dumb enough, but not back in, right?