Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

I decided to give the Zordalyst a promotion to Field Boss as well! Mostly because its ability to phase players and itself to a completely different dimension seemed to warrant a position higher than just another heavy Sentient unit.

Added voice lines for the Zordalyst, as well as altering the mechanics of some attacks.

The Ferrolyst will still not be receiving Field Boss treatment, at least for now. Ferrolysts are supposed to be the Sentient equivalent of a Juggernaut.

So here's what I've been trying to work on for a while... new set mods! Of course, enemies' drop tables/bounty reward tables are still a WIP, along with other economy stuff. But for now, please enjoy and feel free to comment on new set mods obtainable on Tau!

Sadly they don't have art, I'm hoping that one day someone will create a Warframe mod card maker that allows for set mod customization. I COULD use photoshop, but to be frank I find that too much work 😛

RANGER SET
Each mod starts with 4 Drain up to 9 Drain
[SET BONUS: +0.3|0.8|1.3|1.8|2.3|2.8 Punch Through on Primaries]

Bow Mods:
Madurai PolRanger Decimator: 2/5/10/15/20/25% Chance to explode (Use with Caution)
Naramon PolRanger Scavenge: 5/20/40/60/80/100% Chance to double any Bow Ammo picked up
Madurai PolRanger Precision: Increase damage by up to 45% if the Target is over 51/45/39/33/27/21/15 meters away
Warframe Mods:
Madurai PolRanger Mercy: Warframe abilities deal 7/12/17/22/27/32% more damage to enemies per arrow embedded in enemy.
Naramon Pol{Exilus iconExilus}Ranger Grip: +20/40/60/80/100/120% to Wall Latch
Vazarin PolRanger Determination: Headshots grant 7/50/100/150/200/250 Armour, stacking up to 3 times. Taking damage will consume a stack after 3s

Note(s): Ranger Decimator and Thunderbolt stack, giving a maximum of 55% Chance to explode when used together at max rank
Assuming the Daikyu is being used, Ranger Precision and Spring Loaded Broadhead cannot be equipped at the same time

SLAYER SET
[SET BONUS: Damage dealt with weapons deal additional 5|8|11|14|17|20% Finisher Damage]

Primary Mods:
Madurai PolSlayer Brimstone: Enemies killed explode, dealing +8/20/120/220/320/420 (+5/15/25/35/45% Enemy Max Health) Blast bBlast Damage in a 3m radius
Naramon PolSlayer Magma Ammo: +6/15/30/45/60/75% Heat bHeat
Melee Mods:
Madurai PolSlayer Sickle: Enemies under Heat bHeat or Electricity bElectricity effects are opened to Finishers which deal 8/15/22/29/36/43% more damage
Vazarin PolSlayer Titan: +6/27/48/69/90/111% Armour but -30/60/90/120/150% Channeling efficiency while channeling
Warframe Mods:
Madurai PolSlayer Harvest: Energy Pickups grant +5/8/11/14/17/20% more Ability Strength to your next Cast
Madurai PolSlayer Reserves: +15/30/45/60/75/90% Damage During Bleedout

Note(s): Assuming a Beam Weapon is being used, Combustion Beam and Slayer Brimstone damage stacks to up to 1020 (+45% Enemy Max Health) Blast bBlast Damage in a 3m radius
Slayer Titan Stacks with Focused Defense for a total of +131% Armour and -290% Channeling Efficiency
Slayer Harvest stacks with Energy Conversion for a total of 70% more Ability Strength
Slayer Reserves Stacks with Provoked for a total of +200% damage while bleeding out

CYBERNAUT SET
[Set Bonus: Increases Sentinel Weapon Fire Rate by +15|25|35|45|55|65% & Sentinel Weapon Reload Speed by +10|16|22|28|34|40%]

Sentinel Mods:
Vazarin PolCybernaut Emitter: +5/10/25/40/55/70% Shield Recharge
Vazarin PolCybernaut Plating: +6/20/40/60/80/100% Armour
Vazarin PolCybernaut Morningstar: PUNCTUREPuncture b damage from Sentinel Attacks reduces enemy armour by +0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5/3
Naramon PolCybernaut Vision: +6/10/14/18/22/26 Loot Radar +3/5/7/9/11/13m Enemy Radar
Warframe Mods:
Naramon PolCybernaut Cracker: +1/3/5/7/9/11 Seconds to Hacking
Naramon PolCybernaut Battery: +10/30/50/70/90/110% Maximum Energy

Note(s): Cybernaut Vision and Animal Instinct stack for a total of +56 Loot Radar and +31 Enemy Radar
Cybernaut Battery stacks with Flow for a total of +260% Max energy, or with Primed Flow for a total of 385% Max energy

As per usual, please feel free to leave comments and feedback, especially with these new mods! I did my best to balance them in accordance with existing mods, but it can get a little dicey, especially when mods with unique mechanics or stackable effects come into play.

After reviewing the set mods, I decided to make some QoL changes to make the mods more effective and in some cases, complimentary to the other mods in the same set.

I will be posting the tweaks soon! Hang tight, and feel free to add comments anytime!

CHANGES TO SET MODS:

Ranger Decimator:
Unfortunately, giving arrows the explosive effect from Thunderbolt causes them to evaporate when they explode, nullifying any punchthrough potential. Of course, this was counterintuitive to the Set Mod Bonus, so I made a change that should make this quite an interesting mod!

Madurai PolRange Decimator: +5/10/15/25/35/45/55% Blast bBlast Damage +5/15/25/35/45/55% Status Chance
Note: Blast Damage created by this mod is treated as if it were an innate aspect of the weapon; in short, a combination of blast and heat or blast and cold is possible thanks to this mod.

Slayer Magma Ammo:
This name was a mouthful to say, so I decided to change it to:

Naramon PolSlayer Conflagration: +6/15/30/45/60/75% Heat bHeat

Cybernaut Morningstar:
I realized that this ability would be useless on anyone who wanted to use weapons like the Artax on their Sentinel. So, I've changed this mod into a precept with a neat concept!

Penjaga PolCybernaut Morningstars: Drops 1/1/2/2/3/3 Mines every 20/18/16/14/12/10 seconds. Mines deal 50/70/90/110/130/150 Penjaga PolPuncture Damage in a 1/1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5 m radius. Armour of all enemies hit have their armour reduced by 1/2/3/4/5/6% per Mine.
Note: Mines are dropped from Sentinels in a similar manner to Mine Ospreys. Mine colour is based on the Energy Colour of the Sentinel. Mines are visually different than Osprey Mines in order to avoid confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Adding costs to the current Tenno reinforcements!

The Mos Naganta will be ClanTech, researchable in the Tenno Lab.
RESEARCH: 10,000Credits64| 8OrokinCell64| 100Devar64| 6,000PolymerBundle64| 10,000Salvage64| Prereq: Tenora
LeaderBadgeGhostHolo x1   LeaderBadgeShadowHolo x3   LeaderBadgeStormHolo x10   LeaderBadgeMountainHolo x30   LeaderBadgeMoonHolo x100
BLUEPRINT: 50,000Credits64| 2Forma64| 10,000Rubedo64| 20Morphics64| 20Gallium64

The Dax Dowager's blueprint can be earned by completing bounties on Tau. More on that soon(tm).
BLUEPRINT: 50,000Credits64| 1Forma64| 90,000Ferrite64| 4DENitainExtract| 15,000Cryotic

I've tried to make these weapon costs reasonably high- they ARE Mastery Rank 16! Please feel free to leave feedback! Are the weapons too powerful? Not powerful enough? Costs too high/low?

Stay tuned- Sentient Zaw parts that you can plunder from Tau and bring back to Cetus coming soon, alongside several nasty new Sentient enemies!

Edited by Almighty_Jado

Hey guys! Been a while, but it's finally paid off- I bring to you a new, scary Sentient monster that is in no way a pushover! This thing will create a new meta on the Tau world that will make squads in the Recruiting Chat say "LF Rhino Chewtoy, 3/4". Please enjoy, and leave comments! I'm starting to feel like a crazy person talking to myself here!

SENTIENT LUPULYST

Sentient Lupulyst by AlmightyJado
Info:
The Sentient Lupulysts are created from multiple Cerbelysts fusing together into a larger fragment of their mother Sentient. During the Old War, Cerbelysts were able to sneak past the lines of Grineer cannon fodder thanks to their smaller size and quick speed. Once in place, they could combine to create a much larger, dangerous threat.

Gameplay:
-Cerbelysts will fuse together to form a Lupulyst if the following criteria are met: there is more than 1 player in the squad, and there are at least 10 Cerbelysts within 100 meters.
-Lupulysts have a small chance of spawning in fully formed in high level areas on Tau
-Lupulysts have a hefty amount of shields that are constantly regenerating at a high speed. Lupulysts are immune to Status Effects while the shields are up.
-Lupulysts have 4 main attacks as follows:
-Lupulysts can bound forward, covering a distance of up to 50 meters, dealing huge impact and slash damage to any Tenno caught in its wake. The Lupulyst emits a 10m radius shockwave at the end of its charge, knocking down all players caught in it.
-Lupulysts can claw at nearby players, dealing moderate slash damage
-Lupulysts will periodically emit a deadly steam from its 'gills', dealing heat damage and staggering players who are situated to the left and right of the Sentient
-Lupulysts will teleport to and pounce onto a player, taking it up into its jaws to try and crush them with its powerful metal fangs. During this time, all of the Lupulysts' Shields stop regenerating. The captured will receive low puncture damage for the first 8 seconds of being captured, then low Finisher Damage after that. The player will remain stuck in the Lupulyst's jaws until one of the following conditions are met:
CONDITION 1: captured players will be released if all the shields are depleted
CONDITION 2: captured players will be released if at least 20% of the Lupulyst's shields are destroyed under 3 seconds.
-Once the captured player is released, the Lupulyst will become staggered for 5 seconds, allowing players to deal damage to it before it regains its high shield regeneration.
-Lupulyst maximum shield capacity is reduced by 10% everytime a player is released from its bite via Condition 2, or 30% if released via Condition 1.
-If the players fail to rescue a captured ally (due to that ally being killed in the Lupulyst's mouth), the captured ally will become IMMEDIATELY KILLED (cannot be revived by allies), and the Lupulyst will regain maximum shield capacity, and heal back 50% of its missing health.
-Lupulysts will not adapt to damage types on their own, but WILL inherit any damage resistances being held by the Cerbelysts that fused together to create it.

I LOVE the idea of creating a meta where people are looking for 'Rhino Chew-toys' XD

Also, if I may make a suggestion for my favourite sentient of yours so far, the Lupalyst. How about making it so that when it chomps down on someone, it ferociously pounces around, slamming the warframe into terrain and causing impact damage with each hit. It could even destroy terrain this way. I feel like that would cause a fair amount of panic especially for the players who now need to chase the rampaging sentient down. ^.^

Edited by Disruptis
  • Like 1

On 2018-05-28 at 8:08 PM, Disruptis said:

How about making it so that when it chomps down on someone, it ferociously pounces around, slamming the warframe into terrain and causing impact damage with each hit. It could even destroy terrain this way. I feel like that would cause a fair amount of panic especially for the players who now need to chase the rampaging sentient down. ^.^

In accordance with this, I have realized that the Lupulyst has no real attack moves and doesn't pose much of a threat to the uncaptured players while chewing down on a Tenno.SO! The following changes will be added to the Lupulyst descriptions to clarify things/add functionality:

ADDITIONS:
-Lupulysts now run around wildly with the captured player in their jaws, and will attempt to hit other players with the Tenno. If the Lupulyst is successful, both the captured player AND the player struck will receive moderate Impact damage. The player struck will also be knocked down.

CHANGES:
-Lupulysts cannot use their clawing and bounding attacks while holding a player. They will still be able to use their steam venting ability.
-Lupulysts will no longer deal finisher damage to the player caught, only puncture damage that will now ramp up over time, infinitely (until the player caught is killed or rescued)

I will probably be updating the main post’s description soon as this has become less of an art dump and more of a solid idea. In the meantime, here’s a list of stuff I’m working on!

COMING SOON:

-Sentient Zaw Strike #1 (currently undergoing a remodeling because I didn’t like how it turned out)

-Tau open world Birdseye, low detail map outline

-“town” section of Tau

I’m also experimenting with the idea of Zaw parts compatible as Amp components. Let me know what you think of this idea!

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

I will probably be updating the main post’s description soon as this has become less of an art dump and more of a solid idea. In the meantime, here’s a list of stuff I’m working on!

COMING SOON:

-Sentient Zaw Strike #1 (currently undergoing a remodeling because I didn’t like how it turned out)

-Tau open world Birdseye, low detail map outline

-“town” section of Tau

I’m also experimenting with the idea of Zaw parts compatible as Amp components. Let me know what you think of this idea!

To add to this, I also have a bit of an artwork update on the way as well! Mainly it focuses on some small details to improve the quality of the artwork I have produced, will produce, and am producing. Majorly adding a small watermark in the corner, making the Excalibur Umbra/Archwing For scale 25% opaque (to let the Sentient or other object of interest stand out as the focus more), and adding the 5 colouration options to both Tenno Reinforcements that have been release led thus far.

If there was a better Mod Card editor out there, I would definitely try and generate actual visuals for the Set Mods, but unfortunately it looks like that won’t be happening anytime soon.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

Hehe, this place is reminding me more and more of how me Pit started out, what with all the interaudience interaction going on. Big thing here is you got my arse beat with your homebrew artistry to truly spice up your designs.

May you grow and grow till there is no space left to fill!

4 hours ago, Unus said:

Hehe, this place is reminding me more and more of how me Pit started out, what with all the interaudience interaction going on. Big thing here is you got my arse beat with your homebrew artistry to truly spice up your designs.

May you grow and grow till there is no space left to fill!

Thanks Unus! You inspire me in many ways yourself!

PS still waiting for any sentient related ideas you might want to contribute ^.^

Edited by Almighty_Jado

12 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Thanks Unus! You inspire me in many ways yourself!

PS still waiting for any sentient related ideas you might want to contribute ^.^

Really? Wow, that's. . . uh, wasn't expecting to hear that at all honestly. . . just. . . wow. Uh, thanks.

OH, uh, shoot, I'm so sorry suh! I've been so skittish about "Concept Gifting", intermingled with being so busy recently, that I hadn't for the life of me remembered it! I'm sorry! I'll try to conceive of something I haven't already cooked up or set up for future inclusion! Anything to make sure I don't "use" you for my own ends.

Have to say im impressed by the level of deteil here, i sometimes have short ideas i post but this? Extremly deteiled in every way, even recource cost, drawings, and so much more. Cant keep up with that with my short ideas nice.

Hope DE reads your idea, would be worth its own open world for sure.

By the the way the rifle with bolt action (nice additional to the normal Semi Auto Rifles, exactly whats missing if you ask me), Mosin Nagant? .... Sounds alike it a little bit :laugh: Still would like having a rifle like that ingame (Even though im personally more K98 fan and the Mosin Nagant said to be better then it)

Looking forward to all of this hopefully getting released one day

9 hours ago, Dark_RRiderr said:

Have to say im impressed by the level of deteil here, i sometimes have short ideas i post but this? Extremly deteiled in every way, even recource cost, drawings, and so much more. Cant keep up with that with my short ideas nice.

Hope DE reads your idea, would be worth its own open world for sure.

By the the way the rifle with bolt action (nice additional to the normal Semi Auto Rifles, exactly whats missing if you ask me), Mosin Nagant? .... Sounds alike it a little bit :laugh: Still would like having a rifle like that ingame (Even though im personally more K98 fan and the Mosin Nagant said to be better then it)

Looking forward to all of this hopefully getting released one day

Yeah the Mos Naganta is exactly like the Mosin. The original creator for the idea, @R3b3ll10n90s had that rifle in mind.

I figured we need some useful single shot rifles, since the Latron, Grinlok, Veldt frankly all suck. Gotta bring those weapons into the light!

Yeah i know what you mean, the Latron is kinda .... i dont know, i dont feel it so to say if you fire it.

Grinlok reminds me for some reason a little bit on a winchester 1873, didnt touched it in a while so cant compare with my current mods on weapons i later used to say how strong it feels.

Veldt.... was very disappointing...

Some old classics WW2 style like the "Mos Naganta" Mosin Nagant are very welcome as a transition between bolt action snipers and rifles.

Still searching for something like a M14, Tiberon Prime KINDA feels like that in single fire still something missing there and the big ass mag doesnt let it feel like that.

Single fire semi auto rifle like an M14, with some good recoil and power in every shot, slower fire rate but not to slow. Maybe Impact based. (and not that gun sound of the Latron... needs a little bit more power to the sound as well. Just not to powerful like a Hek sound)