Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

On 2020-02-24 at 5:08 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

A reward from vanquishing your Sentient Knight. Evolution mods are a specialized Exilus Weapon Mod that can be customized to fit your playstyle.

Ah yes, the REWARDS - the things that drive us in every situation.

Let's see how this works. And hell yeah! EXILUS! Fitting them in the Exilus slot was a good idea. Not only am I not forced to choose between evolution mod or riven mod on my secondary (seriously, build freedom on secondaries is awful.) but the Exilus slot is, like many of DE's ideas, cool in theory but not so much fun in actual execution.  On the one hand, yeah - it's nice to add a little more depth to weaponry. I like being able to use reload-while-holstered mods to shave a little bit of time off reloading my Strun Wraith and (to a lesser extent) Corinth, I'm absolutely going to need to add Stabilizer to the Prisma Grakata, (There's also a few weapons I've made on my own thread that'd definitely need it....) it makes me feel better that I have more ammo reserves on the Acceltra and Komorex, and adding Targeting Subsystem has really helped my Kulstar.

BUT (and this is a big butt)

There's... a reason nobody ever used these mods before the exilus slot. And that reason is that they're... not too interesting. Now they're uninteresting but slightly less overshadowed. Hooray?

Ideally - this should solve that issue, and provide something damn near indispensable. Good job on that.

At each rank up, the Evolution Mod looks to see what kind of patterns players have done in order to determine what effect it permanently gains.

...That raises interesting questions. What kind of patterns does it look at? How can I skew the calcs for what effect it gets? 

I wonder what effects (hypothetically speaking) it'd get for my Sobek build. Long story short, I built it for gas, electric, punchthrough, and acid shells, and I like to use it against crowds. So...

Or perhaps you’ve modded it for ViralViral b- in that case you might end up with a ViralViral b Damage Ascension stat. Players will be able to see what damage type is being dealt the most by an icon on the Mod when viewed in the Arsenal.

Would likely buff either the electric or gas damage (probably gas) stats. I like gas damage (really, I do) but it's sort of a hurdle to me that it's just not as effective against Grineer or Infested. Which is a shame. I like the gas-electric build's ability to just explode everything.

Here’s a quick table to show what unique effects you can get for each weapon type:

...I was just going to write about the shotgun bonus here, but I gotta admit. I like all of them. So, it looks like I'd have a Sobek mod which can also add overshields, increase crit, and has super-gas damage.

NICE.

This sounds hella fun. 

Your weapon’s shots bounce twice (beam weapons reflect off surfaces). Greatly increased damage after each bounce. Also gain a small fire rate boost. Lasts for 5 seconds.

...Though I gotta ask, how does this interact with explosive weapons?

Evolution Mods grant bonuses to your weapon in the form of unique passive effects as opposed to purely statistical boosts like how rivens work. This can range from recoil reduction to rewarding headshots with a laser beam!

Excellent! Something that's a bit less Destiny random roll, a bit more Borderlands "Because shut up, this is how it works." I like it.

Also, I have another idea for a possible reward! Apologies for plugging my own concept, because that just feels like a jerk move, but a little over a year ago I came up with a Tenno burst rifle that was Sentient-themed and could adapt to health types.

tenno__tarvoss__prototype_burst_rifle_by

(For anyone wondering how that works, it was conceived as basically running on Destiny raid weapon rules. Why does the raid boss drop human weapons with their aesthetic that are also often their kryptonite? Because that's how raids work.)

Perhaps the Razelysts would be a good source for its drop? 😛

(Sidenote, it wouldn't be hard for me to come up with other possible weapon drops for them)

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

6 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:
Do they have to have just one of said protocols? I ask because some of these sound a little less like strengths and more like outright weaknesses. A lich Razelyst with two of these at once could result in some fun things. Oh yes. 

Perhaps that could be a sinister Class all it's own? A mission where a sentient force is attempting to excavate and awaken an Old War preservation pod where failure to disrupt the process will result in the awakening and escape of a legendary "double trait" knight who will someday, somewhen, appear in the pool of horrors your whittling down, and on that day, ye shall weep.

Also, I have another idea for a possible reward! Apologies for plugging my own concept, because that just feels like a jerk move, but a little over a year ago I came up with a Tenno burst rifle that was Sentient-themed and could adapt to health types.

tenno__tarvoss__prototype_burst_rifle_by

(For anyone wondering how that works, it was conceived as basically running on Destiny raid weapon rules. Why does the raid boss drop human weapons with their aesthetic that are also often their kryptonite? Because that's how raids work.)

Perhaps the Razelysts would be a good source for its drop? 😛

(Sidenote, it wouldn't be hard for me to come up with other possible weapon drops for them)

Your burstigun, my Uragir blaster.

Don't know if hes looking for contributions, but, given our collections, I wouldn't be to surprised at all if we could collectively "fund" a rewards list just by donation.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Perhaps that could be a sinister Class all it's own? A mission where a sentient force is attempting to excavate and awaken an Old War preservation pod where failure to disrupt the process will result in the awakening and escape of a legendary "double trait" knight who will someday, somewhen, appear in the pool of horrors your whittling down, and on that day, ye shall weep.

I like how you're thinking about this - a super rare type of knight - but overall I think there's more fun to be had from mixing and matching.  Only question is how you balance more than one at once. Perhaps a "points" system to each trait - negative traits like "system_error" subtract, but stuff that makes the Razelyst more dangerous carry a higher point value? 

Decisions, decisions.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Don't know if hes looking for contributions, but, given our collections, I wouldn't be to surprised at all if we could collectively "fund" a rewards list just by donation.

We probably could! It's not even the first Sentient-themed weapon I made.

I like how you're thinking about this - a super rare type of knight - but overall I think there's more fun to be had from mixing and matching.  Only question is how you balance more than one at once. Perhaps a "points" system to each trait - negative traits like "system_error" subtract, but stuff that makes the Razelyst more dangerous carry a higher point value? 

Decisions, decisions.

We probably could! It's not even the first Sentient-themed weapon I made.

Heh, ell, you know those transmitters we use to bait in the stalker and co? Perhaps there could be an equipable "beacon" of sorts that elevates a given Warframe's threat level artificially , this spoofing drawing the deadlier terrors out of the woodwork with each Sentient Knight you bring down.

Heat getting real bad for ya? Shut it off, and watch the mind(s) breath a sigh of relief and send back in the Klutz Korps your used to thumping while your current associate gets a elluva lot more lazy.

On 2020-02-28 at 3:55 AM, Unus said:

I gotta ask, is there any chance that the sentients may actively begin to interfere with the lichs? Like, perhaps in the manner of the faction wars, whereupon the Lich or the Knight will offer you some of the resources you've lost (or parts, modifiers, etc), in exchange for weakening or outright killing the other off?

There is probably room for Liches to interact with you that way. However, these Sentient Knights are 100% hellbent on turning you inside out- they'd never work with you. There is room to work out how the two nemeses interact, but for now they won't really too much outside of some voice lines perhaps.

On 2020-02-28 at 11:03 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I gotta ask, is there any chance that the sentients may actively begin to interfere with the lichs? Like, perhaps in the manner of the faction wars, whereupon the Lich or the Knight will offer you some of the resources you've lost (or parts, modifiers, etc), in exchange for weakening or outright killing the other off?

Totally. It really devalued the significance of the Kuva Lich as a "personal villain".

I love how much thought you put into all the parts and abilities here. It'd make each fight unique, and it looks like it'd add a lot of challenge. I especially like that it has so many ways to heal itself - the way numbers are in this game, that seems like a good way to keep things difficult. After all, we can practically one-shot enemies that used to be bosses now.

We already know how much players like invulnerability periods (that is to say, not at all). Bullet sponge damage checks can also get annoying. Time gating seems to be a good way to increase difficulty because it forces teamwork and coordination (similar to how 4x3 eidolon hunts work).

Do they have to have just one of said protocols?

For the time being, yes. They were designed to have only 1, but maybe 2 could apply for the future.

...Will it be able to turn MOAs into Amalgam MOAs?

Visually I'm not sure. It would definitely be cool and aid visually when in the thick of gameplay. However, lorewise it wouldn't make as much sense since Amalgam Satyrs and Amalgam MOAs both appear to have Sentient bodies grafted onto them as opposed to just hacked. Fun thing to think about though!

Whaaaaaaat 

Magnetic could be actually useful?! What are the ODDS

Especially with the upcoming changes to shields, indeed.

On 2020-02-28 at 11:26 AM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

the Exilus slot is, like many of DE's ideas, cool in theory but not so much fun in actual execution.

Yeah in a way, I tied the Sentient Knight system to the Kuva Lich system so that the rewards from Requiem Relics are associated with the Evolution Mods. Tying the game together is always good.

BUT (and this is a big butt)

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

like gas damage (really, I do) but it's sort of a hurdle to me that it's just not as effective against Grineer or Infested. Which is a shame. I like the gas-electric build's ability to just explode everything.

And with Evolution Mods you can finally achieve your dreams of using a gas/electric build without having a damage penalty! Hooray for build diversity!

...I was just going to write about the shotgun bonus here, but I gotta admit. I like all of them. So, it looks like I'd have a Sobek mod which can also add overshields, increase crit, and has super-gas damage.

Also like I said in my last post, the overshields granted from the Shotgun bodyshot effect is incredibly strong thanks to the added shields damage reduction and shield gating.

This sounds hella fun. 

Hell yeah.

...Though I gotta ask, how does this interact with explosive weapons?

Excellent question! Your explosives are gonna bounce. That's it, really. For explosive weapons that require manual detonation, the damage boost applies depending on how many times the projectile's bounced before you press the explosion button. For weapons that detonate on enemy impact, they work the same way, just with bounce. Etc.
So it really depends on the normal behavior of the weapon's projectiles.

Tenno burst rifle that was Sentient-themed

I remember this thing, could be a pretty good addition for a future little expansion for the Sentient Knight system that I've been planning. More details on it later, but the synposis is: more rewards without RNG bullscheise.

On 2020-02-28 at 5:47 PM, Unus said:

I was thinking of snooping around your thread without telling you and forging something out of there. Guess we'll wait and see.

On 2020-02-28 at 9:38 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

The idea of a harder, more powerful Sentient Knight with uniquer, more potent variations of all of its components (ADs included) would be an interesting thing to possibly explore in the future.

20 hours ago, Unus said:

Perhaps there could be an equipable "beacon" of sorts that elevates a given Warframe's something something

More ways for players to get access to harder content is always a good idea. Again, something to think about for the future.

50 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Totally. It really devalued the significance of the Kuva Lich as a "personal villain".

It was inevitable considering how this game is, but I don't have to like it.

52 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

We already know how much players like invulnerability periods (that is to say, not at all).

I like that they keep me from one-shotting enemies... 

Unfortunately, that's literally all I like about said periods. Self-heal seems more interesting. I once toyed with the idea of a boss that was constantly healing itself, so you were basically forced to bring something with good status (or hunter munitions I guess...)  to keep pace with said healing.

54 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

For the time being, yes. They were designed to have only 1, but maybe 2 could apply for the future.

I'm telling you, adding two traits here totally works. Perhaps there could be some kind of points system for each trait in order of danger...

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Visually I'm not sure. It would definitely be cool and aid visually when in the thick of gameplay. However, lorewise it wouldn't make as much sense since Amalgam Satyrs and Amalgam MOAs both appear to have Sentient bodies grafted onto them as opposed to just hacked. Fun thing to think about though!

You're right that lorewise it wouldn't make that much sense, but - and hear me out on this - it sounded really cool.

...Though maybe it'd be better served  with an Infested enemy. That might make more sense.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Especially with the upcoming changes to shields, indeed.

That said, I will probably still use gas and electric. Because:

307566236000201.png?type=webp&to=min&r=6

16 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Yeah in a way, I tied the Sentient Knight system to the Kuva Lich system so that the rewards from Requiem Relics are associated with the Evolution Mods. Tying the game together is always good.

There is precious little of that sort of thing.

And with Evolution Mods you can finally achieve your dreams of using a gas/electric build without having a damage penalty! Hooray for build diversity!

And just hooray for fun in general! Because, like... the real fun of my Stress Relief™ Sobek Build is that every pellet is doing 3-meter AoE and causing explosions on kills. And punch-through. I've given in to the meta and used corrosive and fire against Grineer and Infested, but... it's just not as funny.  It also doesn't help that the gas-electric build is just straight up better for crowd control... against one very, very specific health type.

I realize I get.. obsessive... about my Sobek and by extension autoshotguns in general, but you gotta understand - my Sobek build is one of the first things I did in Warframe that made me start laughing uncontrollably out of the sheer fun of it. It's not just a questionably-statted autoshotty, it's a precious memory. So the idea of something that'd let me capture a bit of that outside of fighting the Corpus is an awesome idea.

(...Wait, does the Ascension thing for Gas damage also include the toxin damage procs it creates? I'd hope so...)

Also like I said in my last post, the overshields granted from the Shotgun bodyshot effect is incredibly strong thanks to the added shields damage reduction and shield gating.

True, but I was distracted by the increased crit. It's a lot of things to be excited by!

Excellent question! Your explosives are gonna bounce. That's it, really. For explosive weapons that require manual detonation, the damage boost applies depending on how many times the projectile's bounced before you press the explosion button. For weapons that detonate on enemy impact, they work the same way, just with bounce. Etc.

I suppose that specific condition isn't too likely to happen, but... you gotta understand, I'm a near-habitual Enter The Gungeon player. I've seen many, many weapons in that game have bizarre and unintended effects due to bullet modifiers. A moment of silence for every EtG run that was kneecapped because Angry Bullets made explosives useless.

Also a thought occurs for some of these modifiers that (briefly) change what the gun fires. It might be a good idea to take a page from Zane or Moze's book in BL3 - Zane has a skill that fires a grenade while also shooting the first round in the mag, and Moze has a similar non-ammo-consuming skill that also fires a laser. As best I can tell, Moze's version mimics whatever she's firing. Maybe the Sentient grenade thing could work similarly to Zane's, just for the sake of players having consistency?

Also, there'd need to be an audio cue and possibly an icon in the top right of the screen to remind people that yes, this is a Thing It's Doing.

Interesting.

I also don't like some things about Kuva weapons overmuch, so I wonder where you're going with it. And I'm glad you remember the Tarvoss! I just have one condition - and I suspect this wasn't on your mind, but bear with me: do not give it Kuva-style inherent element. Assuming  everything was a bodyshot, it won't need that. It already does that.

I look forward to seeing what you could do next.

And again, not even the first Sentient weapon I've made! The urge to make a revolver exists, but... It feels a bit like a stretch. Can't quite say why...

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

On 2020-02-29 at 11:49 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

There is probably room for Liches to interact with you that way. However, these Sentient Knights are 100% hellbent on turning you inside out- they'd never work with you. There is room to work out how the two nemeses interact, but for now they won't really too much outside of some voice lines perhaps.

Gotcha.

On 2020-03-01 at 12:06 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

I was thinking of snooping around your thread without telling you and forging something out of there. Guess we'll wait and see.

The idea of a harder, more powerful Sentient Knight with uniquer, more potent variations of all of its components (ADs included) would be an interesting thing to possibly explore in the future.

More ways for players to get access to harder content is always a good idea. Again, something to think about for the future.

Oh. . . I . . . uh. . . sorry I haven't really been around as much as I could, The Pit certainly has a resemblance to a lootable dusty tomb lately with how busy I've been lately. Always available for necessary chatter though, even when I can't comment I still check in to see what the latest scoops are.

Agreed! The Sentients adapt and all that, but, this unique one may have even been formed in-game by the data obtained from killing Sentient Knights, what did them in, your gameplay stats, loadout, etc. Makes it properly personal.

Ah. . . I uh. . . I think I get it. I'd forgotten folk's conversational preferences after being away for so long. Your preference is "succintness", right?

As for the actual response, Intersystem-integration and challenge at a player's convenience, two keys that I feel are needed to unlock the kingdom of a better Warframe!

4 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I'm still catching up on old stuff on both your and Fluffy's threads.

I know full well that this is the most vocal I've been on any thread besides my own, so... I can't throw stones. I have admittedly released a lot of weaponry lately, and there's a lot I've been working on lately.

There's a lot to go through, anyway.

Hello everyone, WaterJewel here with my PC account.  I figured it was time for a revival of what I plan on doing here.  For newcomers and those who may have forgotten about me, what I am doing is creating 3d models of the various enemies, fish, etc. that AlmightyJado has created 2d images for, granted I did kinda disappear regarding updates of what I've been creating, but I have returned and I've brought with me a work-in-progress picture of the Mastermind Skull as well as the link to where I'll be posting updates of it.  So without any more chit-chat, here it is. (ArtStation link: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Z54yrR)

william-bauer-mastermind-skull-02.jpg?15

6 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I'm still catching up on old stuff on both your and Fluffy's threads.

Heh, good point, and it's not like you yourself are just sitting around doing a whole lotta nothing. More a commentary on my own struggles then any kinda "WOE IS ME" ranting on my part.

1 hour ago, VesperQueen said:

Hello everyone, WaterJewel here with my PC account.  I figured it was time for a revival of what I plan on doing here.  For newcomers and those who may have forgotten about me, what I am doing is creating 3d models of the various enemies, fish, etc. that AlmightyJado has created 2d images for, granted I did kinda disappear regarding updates of what I've been creating, but I have returned and I've brought with me a work-in-progress picture of the Mastermind Skull as well as the link to where I'll be posting updates of it.  So without any more chit-chat, here it is. (ArtStation link: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Z54yrR)

Ooooo, get a loada that. Looking forward to the results on completeion!

2 hours ago, VesperQueen said:

DAYUM son! That's pretty neat! Glad to see you haven't given up yet! I'd try my own hand at 3d modelling but only a talented few can pull of cool stuff like that. Can't wait to see more!

Well, I've finished the base sculpt so it'll be a few days before the final piece will be ready.  I'll be doing 2 render styles for the finished skull, the first will be a normal image but the other style will be a 8 second animation rotating around the skull.  Merely a bit of news to give you all something to look forward to, anyways enjoy.william-bauer-mastermind-skull-03.jpg?15

• Like 1

So, I'm changing my approach with creating the Skulls.  I'll fully sculpt each one and then work on all of them simultaneously for a special presentation.  Sorry if anyone was waiting for the final details of the Mastermind Skull, I'm just trying to find a workflow that feels right.  But I do have the very basis of the next Skull ready to share, here it is.

william-bauer-arc-skull-01.jpg?158360667

Edited by VesperQueen
  • Like 1

Hey everyone, here's the next piece to the Arc Skull sculpted, next is the remaining parts. Enjoy.  Also if anyone's getting a little annoyed with how fast I'm posting, or if you'd all like it if I just post the final sculpted pieces, just say so.  I'd hate to think my current rate of posting is annoying.william-bauer-arc-skull-02.jpg?158367608

Edited by VesperQueen
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, VesperQueen said:

Hey everyone, here's the next piece to the Arc Skull sculpted, next is the remaining parts. Enjoy.  Also if anyone's getting a little annoyed with how fast I'm posting, or if you'd all like it if I just post the final sculpted pieces, just say so.  I'd hate to think my current rate of posting is annoying.william-bauer-arc-skull-02.jpg?158367608

No, I’m really liking this stuff! Keep it up!

This skull is looking super judgemental, as most Sentients seem to be->😑

You post at whatever rate is comfortable for you!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

No, I’m really liking this stuff! Keep it up!

This skull is looking super judgemental, as most Sentients seem to be->😑

You post at whatever rate is comfortable for you!

It seems quite disappointed on the lack of moustache on warframes.

So, I've managed to get a decent amount of work done on the next skull to share with everyone.  Sorry about the silence, I almost burnt myself out with Arc skull and was somewhat intimidated by the Necromancer skull, so things will slow down a bit with updates for two reasons.  The first being to avoid nearing that burnout I'm apologizing for, and the other being that with the level of detail the Necromancer skull has I'll be posting updates in groups like this first part with the upper section done.  Enjoy.
william-bauer-necromancer-skull-01.jpg?1

• Like 2

On 2020-03-13 at 12:29 PM, VesperQueen said:

So, I've managed to get a decent amount of work done on the next skull to share with everyone.  Sorry about the silence, I almost burnt myself out with Arc skull and was somewhat intimidated by the Necromancer skull, so things will slow down a bit with updates for two reasons.  The first being to avoid nearing that burnout I'm apologizing for, and the other being that with the level of detail the Necromancer skull has I'll be posting updates in groups like this first part with the upper section done.  Enjoy.
william-bauer-necromancer-skull-01.jpg?1

...these parts might also be a dope-ass Synandana.