Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

Well, I'm back with the Mandible Skull finished, but as for the surprise unfortunately it's not ready yet so instead the only news I can give is that I'm moving onto the Sentient fishes because I still need a side view of the Antler Skull before I can start working on it.  Anyways enjoy.  Also if anyone has any requests for what they'd like to see sculpted, then go ahead and say so but I'll have to say right now that I'll do them one at a time with the first request comment being done first.

william-bauer-mandible-skull-03.jpg?1585

Edited by VesperQueen
  • Like 2

So, not a new project post, this is more of an announcement/update post regarding a couple things.  First, the speed at which I did the skulls have been coming from what is beginning to seem like a sugar rush and I'm crashing at the moment so I'll appear to be slowing down considerably or silent at times until another burst of energy appears.  Second, I have a slight update on the Hackdown Skull that contains a slight piece that I didn't bother doing because I couldn't figure it out at the time, and I'm curious on whether you all think it looks good.  The location of this little addition is right on it's forehead.

william-bauer-hackdown-skull-05.jpg?1585

• Like 1

Legitimately, this is probably the best concept on this forum, and this needs to be put into the game. 

Also, if you wouldn't mind an idea of mine:

The Sentient Dracolyst.

This is based on a possible theory that Chroma's outer shell was initially created from a defeated Sentient. The Dracolyst is a flying enemy that will spew elemental fury upon foes, based on the elemental state of the area you encounter it in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! Hope you've been keeping safe during these crazy time. Remember to keep washing your hands!

Just a quick update on how things have been- I've pressed pause on the Legion of Tau for now to pursue some other creative ventures. Of course this isn't goodbye, I'm just taking a break from creating new Warframe stuff and focusing on other topics. I suppose it could extend from some of my disappointment with the latest updates (aside from Scarlet Spear. Tbh I enjoy it- could be because of my obvious bias).

Can't say for sure when I'll be back, but I can guarantee I will. I've still got so many ideas I want to get out!

On 2018-04-07 at 12:38 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

Greetings, Tenno!
What once started as an art dump has now become a more fleshed out fan concept, with each passing day adding more substance to it, either by me or the community members interested in it. Especially now that DE has pitted us against the Sentient Anomalies and soon Erra's armies, there is a very good chance that we will be seeing Tau for real soon. But until then, I will continue to develop this idea!
UndyingCrusadeLogoBig.png

The Legion of Tau is a Warframe update that will bring players, or more specifically, veteran players, to the Sentient Homeworld of Tau. The Tau level I am designing is Open World in nature, filled with deadly enemies patrolling for a fight. The Landscape of Tau is constantly changing as the Sentients continually terraform it for reasons unknown. This will help keep the world fresh and interesting: one day, a certain zone may be an ashen, volcanic landscape, another day it may be freezing with a violent blizzard. As the Tenno presence on Tau has not gone unnoticed, players will essentially be dropping into a war zone; even the ‘town’ segment of Tau is constantly noisy with the sound of gunfire as Tenno operatives fight off encroaching Sentients.

When does this person get a DE_ at the front of the name...because it sure seems like it would be a good thing for the game!

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Hey all! Hope you've been keeping safe during these crazy time. Remember to keep washing your hands!

Just a quick update on how things have been- I've pressed pause on the Legion of Tau for now to pursue some other creative ventures. Of course this isn't goodbye, I'm just taking a break from creating new Warframe stuff and focusing on other topics. I suppose it could extend from some of my disappointment with the latest updates (aside from Scarlet Spear. Tbh I enjoy it- could be because of my obvious bias).

Can't say for sure when I'll be back, but I can guarantee I will. I've still got so many ideas I want to get out!

And the outcome...sigh...

Edited by GreyDeath789
updated with current state

This concept is too good for DE to just look away. A relatively frequent event that lasts a week, capable of bringing us into a whole new environment, as well as providing something to put all your excess resources toward, that will also provide an offensive front in what has so far been a rather defensive war (We've just been defending from Sentient attack. While we will inevitably attack the currently unnamed Sentient Mother, we still cannot attack Tau itself, where the Sentients there are no-doubt awaiting their call to attack).

I do hope that once the Duviri Paradox is released (and fixed), likely around Tennocon, they will begin work on this once "The New War" questline finally gets beyond cinematics (seriously, all we've seen is cutscenes. Elaborate ones, for sure, but still, not much.).  

I have a few questions though:

1. Archwings. Are the Sentients, with all their at-least levitating units, just going to let us fly around on our Archwings? Or do they have some methods of restricting them?

2. K-Drives. This is more toward DE than you, but we need a reason to use K-Drives over Archwings, or even the Warhorses. We can't fight while on a K-Drive, and Archwings are faster.

3. Railjacks. Does the existence of Railjacks change anything? Will the Sentient Knights have their own personal Murex, like how the Liches will eventually have Capital Ships? (still waiting on that, DE.)

4. Jovian Concord. Will the existence of Amalgams complicate anything? I'd imagine not, but I'd like to see what you think.

5. Are there more reasons why the Sentients would want to destroy the Rail other than keeping Tenno away? It's a double-edged sword. Sure, in this instance, it's pointed toward them, but at the same time, they've no doubt been producing an army, and it's proven that while the Void poisons them, its also been shown that they have enough resilience to make the trip back to the Origin system with all but their reproduction system intact. I'm not looking for a super-complex reason, in fact, I'd take "They're not ready for their advance." But that does bring up the problem of, "When will they be ready." That being said, it would be a good idea to increase Sentient spawn rate in the Origin System during the week this event is active.

6. Are you going to add some of the new Sentients to this concept? (Aerolyst, Brachiolyst, and Symbilyst) You don't have to, but I'm just curious.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So, I think it's time someone breaks this silence, and with Almighty Jado taking a break, I feel it's up to me.  Besides, I have a bit of news regarding the Mastermind skull.  I've finally started to clean up the whole design which means sometime in the next week or so the first skull will be textured(essentially the reddish paint will be added), ready to be shared, and capable of being placed in an eventual complete model of a Razelyst Knight.  What this means is that once I have a skull, carapace, and two weapons I'll attempt to create an animation of a warframe fighting it, cinematic style.  Wish me luck that things go well.

• Like 4

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Oh hey, thread hasn't been locked yet. neat

That's wack, because this thread was actually archived and locked last I checked it a month ago. Huh. Maybe it's a sign...

Just kidding. I've retired from this concept for the time being, as sad as I am to say.

8 hours ago, Flameend11 said:

Wait... Did they not coppy this as Duviri pardox( - sentient nemesis/ sentients in general, + adult operator stuff)?

I got no clue!

Heh, been wondering if they count us as “permanent residents” round these parts, the way that that beastframe continues to pop back up from the depths time and again. Gives me hope that my Pit  can stick around a for a bit in the event any medical issues pop up that throw me off more then just my current “elongated production times due to concerns with retreading the same roads”  pauses. 

Happy to see your still out and about Mr. Jade.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I hang out on his discord and float gun ideas by them all the time!

OH! Heh, more activity then I was aware of, splendid! I’d do more “shopping” like that, but, I can never actually tell how much of my library I’ve already shown  folks.

• 4 months later...
On 2018-04-07 at 1:38 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

:sentient:

SYSTEMS AND ECONOMY:

I have a few suggestions for this category. 

1. The Guardian of the Veil

I like the idea of restricting access to the veil, I don't like how it's executed. I was a little freaked by how close the most recent Balor Formorian came to destroying Kronia Relay, and I'm leery of having to rely on the main body of players to get something done. Also, I think Railjack missions could use a bossfight, so why not fix both problems? So, instead of a Rail, we have the Guardian of the Veil.

Basically, to access Tau, you must first defeat a massive, spacebound eidolon Catalyst. This Eidolon is the largest yet, about the size of a railjack, and just as agile. The battle is less about maximising DPS in a brain-dead fashion, and more about mobility and evasion; this eidolons attacks are VERY strong, and if you want your railjack to survive, you need to learn to dodge it's attacks.

Once you defeat it, you gain a single-use key to The Gate, a solar rail that grants access to the Tau open world. This key is consumed once you get to the Tau Open World, and when you return to the orogin system, you must beat the Eidolon Catalyst AGAIN to get another key.

Alternatively, the key could not be single use, but instead Decay like an argon crystal.

2. The Enclave

While the idea of a field base set up by the tenno in an attempt to invade Tau is a nice idea, it just doesn't fit with the theme of solitary space-ninjas DE has laid out for the Tenno. I have a better idea. I hereby introduce you to... The Enclave.

These are a rebel group of sentients who have asked a simple question; if the old war is over and the orokin dead, then WHY THE ABSOLUTE FORK ARE WE STARTING A NEW WAR?! This simple question has made them deeply unpopular with their kin, hence why they live in a heavily damaged murex converted into a Stronghold for them. Which is under near constant assault by a small army of Hostile Sentients. 

These guys see no reason to fight you, since the war is over, and thus are the closest things the tenno have to allies out on Tau. 

Here's a rundown of the major members.

Warstalker

'Grettings, noble tenno. Welcome to our admittedly shabby adobe.'

The ringleader of the Enclave, Warstalker is the main provider of bounties, and the one you talk to when you wish to increase your standing with the Enclave. She uses formal language whenever speaking, and makes frequent use of fancy words.

Conduit

'Thanks for the purchase. And be safe out there.'

Conduit crafts and provides weapons and equipment for the Enclave. You can get blueprints for sentient weaponry such as the Basmu from him, and blueprints for sentient-designed kitguns and zaws. He uses casual language in conversation, and is fairly friendly and outgoing.

Wolfbreaker

'Acquisition [of these] devices [will] enhance [your] efficiency.

Wolfbreaker is the head of mining in The Enclave, and provides mining tools and recipes for refined ores. He sounds like a robot when speaking, his language being simultaneously complex and concise. 

Spiritthief

'Want a conpanion, ally, friend for life? Look no further! My creations are EXACTLY what you're looking for!'

Spiritthief is the one responsible for Conservation on Tau, and sells components for modular Sentient Companions, in addition to various conservation supplies. He's energetic, exciteable, and extremely friendly.

Quill Niko Primary

'You will be facing mostrocities far superior to the fragmented eidolons of the Plains. I am here to ensure those monstrocities don't cause your internal organs to become distressingly external.'

Niko is the Quill representative in the Enclave. He has a separate standing system from the rest of the Enclave, and provides elite bounties. He also provides amps, cosmetics, and arcanes for the operator. 

3. Amalgam Weaponry

The corpus aren't the only ones with amalgam technology anymore. Research parties from the Tenno, Salvagers from the grineer, and even Strains of infestation adapted to sentient material have produced some interesting technology. Here's a few examples.

Pulsar

A laser assault rifle that mixes Tenno and sentient technology. Primary fire is a deadly accurate barrage of lightning beams, alt fire is a powerful lightning bolt that can arc from target to target.

Plasmathrower

A modified Grineer flamethrower that fires a long reaching, continuous cone of Radiation. The alt fire is a bolt of energy that explodes into a burst of radiation.

Soulpiercer

This sentient/corpus hybrid weapon fires beams of energy with incredible range. The beams have infinite punch-through, and zooming in lets you see enemies through walls.

Sludge Puppy

A infested/sentient weapon, this weapon fires streams of corrosive fluid that leave puddles which do corrosive damage. Good for crowd control, not so good for not leaving a mess.

Edited by Brinstar7777
Additions, will be adding to this over time

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...