Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is damage done to the Hemocyte capped?

Caliboom

8 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Not was, but is, and I can give you a list with bosses and the % of damage they resist :)

If you have that stuff I'd love to see it.

Edit: And yeah, I guess he still is, which is really stupid because there is no way for us to calculate our Conclave rating...

Edited by DrBorris

10 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

If you have that stuff I'd love to see it.

The list of bosses affected and not affected by CC, you can rewind to check tests and stuff:

Spoiler

Yep, it's stupid that getting mods to become stronger you drop your dps.

Edited by SeaUrchins

19 hours ago, Roll__Fizzlebeef said:

I might be in the minority here but I would hate it if the bosses died in one hit. I actually enjoy the challenge. There's enough content in the game where you can one shot or nuke enemies instantly. I played one run where we only did 2 and it was incredibly boring and felt like a waste.

Yeah, I once solo'd the Helena pack mission, but I was horribly underprepared without a cheese frame, so I ended up bullet jumping back and forth in an epic battle with two wall clinging heyenas and finished the mission on the last two clips of my Mara detron, last revive, and 20 health.

20 hours ago, Roll__Fizzlebeef said:

I might be in the minority here but I would hate it if the bosses died in one hit. I actually enjoy the challenge. There's enough content in the game where you can one shot or nuke enemies instantly. I played one run where we only did 2 and it was incredibly boring and felt like a waste.

Challenge? Now we just freeze the boss in place and keep the weak spot open for the few seconds it takes for the head to be killed with constant fire.

But I guess that's the next thing that will be fixed in the arms race of devs vs. players. And then players find a different strategy that will then be "fixed" afterwards.

Why capping damage per hit is an awful idea was already demonstrated rather well with Nullifier bubbles.

Wow..never thought about the sophisticated dmg caps on Juggernout or this boss..

An i have to say its pretty BS...you mod your weapon for more dmg and it actualy will do less becouse DPS cap?...such lazy and dirty way to limit ones dmg output.

Hemocyte has Fosilized armor and is immune to status effects meaning no armor stripping.

Hemocyte's armor and flesh have a weakness to Radiation.... Most people use corrosive and fire because infested. (both have are resisted fairly heavily)

This simple Opticor setup on a Razorwing Titania will chew through a Hemocyte head in about three to six seconds (depending on how annoying it is being and turning away from you)

AC4E776814DBC0ECA5EA48DFCCE270F905EBF8B9

Edited by SilvaDreams

2 hours ago, Tyrian3k said:

Maybe you should read up on that again: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Fossilized

-75% damage on its health isn't exactly what I'd consider a weakness.

That is it's body armor, which as a boss it can't be stripped. When you shoot the weak points that is the Infest Sinew which has a weakness to Radiation

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hemocyte

Edited by SilvaDreams

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

That is it's body armor, which as a boss it can't be stripped. When you shoot the weak points that is the Infest Sinew which has a weakness to Radiation

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hemocyte

Instead of just throwing out links, maybe you should actually read what's on the page.

It has fossilized health and sinew armor. Both modifiers apply, so you still get -75% on your radiation damage from fossilized and a +50% bonus and 50% armor ignore from the sinew armor. Corrosive gives you a straight +75% bonus on damage with no penalty.

Come on.

You can't just one shot everything in the game, then it loses the competitive edge, so it's capped because all real bosses should be. 

I think his was a stroke of genius from DE, because if dmg wasn't capped, how many people would have 500,000 standing for the operation supply??

and if you really hate it that much, just use Titania.

Edited by Valennyonnen