Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk needs some form of change. Take a page from the euphona and give it some "hybrid" purpose.

Deadoon

The brakk is indisputably the worst secondary shotgun.

Comparatively, the pyrana does more damage, has higher crit chance, is full auto and has double the magazine size, but double the reload time as well.

The (ak)bronco prime do more damage and have access to 100% status. The standards simply do more damage but have a non-existent magazine and the bronco primes are very easy to farm.

The (mara) detron has the same or larger magazine, higher damage(with a radiation focus) and has access to 100% status.

The (twin) kohmak does less damage, but acts more like a low accuracy machine pistol with punchthrough and a (very) large magazine size. When spooled it does around 90 damage per ammo so it isn't too bad, due to the inherent punchthrough but it still eats ammo like crazy.

And then you have the twin roggas, Hits like a truck, can have 100% status chance, small magazine, reasonably fast reload. Basically a pocket tigris prime with some secondary mods.

Also to note the euphona prime, high damage miniscule range 100% status possible shotgun and crit based projectile sniper rolled into the same package.

For all intents and purposes there is no reason to use the brakk, it is like a baseline of other shotguns which all improve upon it in some way. No matter how you use it there would be a better option.

My suggestion? When you fire it shoots out an additional single precise round that does 100 damage but still has damage fall off. This means that within range it will do 100 damage, but when it exceeds the effective range of the brakk it would only do 60. It would do less damage than the revolver type weapons(pandero/vasto/magnus) at range, but would give the brakk a flexible role of being both a close range reasonably hard hitter, and being able to precisely peg targets with headshots at range. 

Overall it would increase the damage to 300, which puts it above the pyrana and detron(where it should be) but below the bronco primes. The reason I would say it should be around there is that it has that fast 1 second reload. The akbroncos with their larger magazines and damage have a 2.3 second reload. The heavier and lighter ones would not really be affected by this change, it would still not be able to compete with the roggas or euphona in terms of damage or flexibilty, nor would it be able to compete with the kohmak in terms of constant damage output and multi target shredding. It would gain it's own unique place among secondary shotguns, a medium powered pistol that has a close range shotgun blast at the same time.

i personally wouldn't mind seeing the Brakk and the Detron getting a little boost to their effectiveness, given how difficult time consuming it is to acquire for the average player.

But one thing to worth noting is that the Brakk performs much better at longer ranges with a falloff of 11-22m with max 60% reduction allowing it to still be a mob-stopper at most ranges.
The Akbronco Prime has a falloff of 9-18m with 74% reduction which works out to be only 14% more damage but with more spread and less pellets you are likely going to land less damage on target.
The Euphona prime's secondary fire starts falling off at a measly 6m and reaches max at 12m, rendering it useless at any sort of range as it has a damage reduction of 98.86%

Also, another thing to note is that the brakk is MR6 and the akbronco prime and euphona prime are rank 10 and 14, respectively

Also, Also, barring the slash procs, the euphona prime actually has a lower dps than the brakk (but i do suppose that does not matter when you have slash procs)

2 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

i personally wouldn't mind seeing the Brakk and the Detron getting a little boost to their effectiveness, given how difficult time consuming it is to acquire for the average player.

But one thing to worth noting is that the Brakk performs much better at longer ranges with a falloff of 11-22m with max 60% reduction allowing it to still be a mob-stopper at most ranges.
The Akbronco Prime has a falloff of 9-18m with 74% reduction which works out to be only 14% more damage but with more spread and less pellets you are likely going to land less damage on target.
The Euphona prime's secondary fire starts falling off at a measly 6m and reaches max at 12m, rendering it useless at any sort of range as it has a damage reduction of 98.86%

Also, another thing to note is that the brakk is MR6 and the akbronco prime and euphona prime are rank 10 and 14, respectively

Also, Also, barring the slash procs, the euphona prime actually has a lower dps than the brakk (but i do suppose that does not matter when you have slash procs)

The (mara) detron is very powerful due to the 100% status and 40% more damage per shot. It also has almost the same fall off as well. As for MR the regular detron beats it hands down and is also MR6, so that actually isn't even comparable. Also the regular bronco prime is mr4 and I would say that is arguably better due to the status, despite the reload time. 

As for the akbronko prime, you have to take into account, like the detron is 100% status capable as well as has low fall off and higher damage. The brakk drops to 120 damage at max range, while the bronco prime drops to 259~.

The euphona drops off very quickly but also has a long range primary fire. As for the "DPS" of the euphona, the euphona being 4.4x the damage per shot with the shotgun blasts. With lethal torrent on both you can fire 2.4 times a second with the euohona and 8 with the the brakk. With the euphona doing so much more damage per shot and the fire rate boost you can easily get much higher damage with the euphona. Dunno how you get the brakk having higher dps, unless you are actually looking at the primary fire.

Edited by Deadoon
Old info.

48 minutes ago, Deadoon said:

The (mara) detron is very powerful due to the 100% status and 40% more damage per shot. It also has almost the same fall off as well. As for MR the regular detron beats it hands down and is also MR6, so that actually isn't even comparable. Also the regular bronco prime is mr4 and I would say that is arguably better due to the status, despite the reload time. 

yeah the detron is the only weapon that outclasses it when it should be even, but that of course depends on if you prefer status or crit as your go-to. I have a riven that allows me to build my brakk for both and it does me pretty well. So it depends on the type of enemy you are fighting and how you prefer to deal with them.
As for the regular bronco prime, yes it does have an MR of 4, but it has a smaller magazine and double the reload time, so despite having the magic 100% status, it's capability is hindered by these problems. (especially seeing as it is not slash centric, which makes it less adept at utilizing its status chance in a manner a lot of people prefer)

As for the akbronko prime, you have to take into account, like the detron is 100% status capable as well as has low fall off and higher damage. The brakk drops to 120 damage at max range, while the bronco prime drops to 259~.

the akbronco prime, less hindered by magazine/reload, is mastery rank 10. it SHOULD outclass the brakk. And at their max falloff the brakk and bronco prime drop to 80 and 91 respectively (not 120 and 259)

The euphona drops off very quickly but also has a long range primary fire. As for the "DPS" of the euphona, the euphona being 4.4x the damage per shot with the shotgun blasts. With lethal torrent on both you can fire 2.4 times a second with the euohona and 8 with the the brakk. With the euphona doing so much more damage per shot and the fire rate boost you can easily get much higher damage with the euphona. Dunno how you get the brakk having higher dps, unless you are actually looking at the primary fire.

my apologies, you are correct, the euphona has 57% greater sustained dps than the brakk, i believe i got some things mixed up there when i was doing the maths. even so, the greatly reduced range of the shotgun mode of the euphona greatly decreases its viability as a status weapon, unless building for a rad-viral debuffer as those procs dont rely on damage. (i realise that the slash damage is insane on this thing, but anything that really needs that slash proc is, for a lot of people, on the "do not approach" list)

ironically, what was the Shotgun that originally was given Falloff to make it a Short Range skew before any other Shotgun had Damage Falloff - now, you could make Brakk stand out by it having no Damage Falloff at all!
it's still not exactly super accurate so it won't suddenly be sniping everything but it's an easy thing you could do to give it something different.

52 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

the akbronco prime, less hindered by magazine/reload, is mastery rank 10. it SHOULD outclass the brakk. And at their max falloff the brakk and bronco prime drop to 80 and 91 respectively (not 120 and 259)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Bronco_Prime

Linear damage falloff from 100% to 74% from 9m to 18m target distance 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Brakk

Linear damage falloff from 100% to 60% from 11m to 22m target distance

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Euphona_Prime

Alt-fire has linear damage falloff from 100% to ~1% from 6m to 12m target distance

I was basing it off of these lines on each weapon. They are apparently wrong as I just tested with the simulacron and i got the results you are claiming.

However your claims about status are focused at the wrong parts. I was not talking about slash procs, otherwise I would never have mentioned the detron. Corrosive-blast is a crowd control monster with armor stripping, and that also is unaffected by damage. The only combo affected by damage is magnetic-gas. It is more about the fact you can get 20+ procs on a single target instantly and do much more "effective" dps than raw damage or crit along. The damage of these weapons is enough for even sortie level regular enemies to be oneshot by either. The heavier enemies you need the ability to shred their armor, especially on enhanced enemy armor sorties. Yeah slash procs can kill an enemy in less shots, but when you need an enemy dead now, corrosive will allow you to handle it directly. With 100% status, that armor is gone or has lost most of it's effectiveness in only a few shots. A basic detron could kill a level 100 bombard with a single 5 round magazine due to the corrosive procs.

Edited by Deadoon

9 minutes ago, Deadoon said:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Bronco_Prime

Linear damage falloff from 100% to 74% from 9m to 18m target distance 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Brakk

Linear damage falloff from 100% to 60% from 11m to 22m target distance

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Euphona_Prime

Alt-fire has linear damage falloff from 100% to ~1% from 6m to 12m target distance

the bronco prime has 74% reduction leaving it with 26% damage
the brakk being 60% reduction leaving it with 40%

9 minutes ago, Deadoon said:

However your claims about status are focused at the wrong parts. I was not talking about slash procs, otherwise I would never have mentioned the detron. Corrosive-blast is a crowd control monster with armor stripping, and that also is unaffected by damage. The only combo affected by damage is magnetic-gas. It is more about the fact you can get 20+ procs on a single target instantly and do much more "effective" dps than raw damage or crit along. The damage of these weapons is enough for even sortie level regular enemies to be oneshot by either. The heavier enemies you need the ability to shred their armor, especially on enhanced enemy armor sorties. Yeah slash procs can kill an enemy in less shots, but when you need an enemy dead now, corrosive will allow you to handle it directly. With 100% status, that armor is gone or has lost most of it's effectiveness in only a few shots.

Oh i was just mentioning the euphona's slash status because the secondary fire is 75% slash, making it an excellent slash weapon hampered by its tiny range.
And ive found a surprising number of people hate blast because it hinders them from getting headshots, i think that (and the nerf to slash) was why DE went back to the drawing board with the damage 2.5 stuff because they where planning on having impact stack up to a knockdown/ragdoll.

All in all id love any buff that comes the brakk's way, lets face it its my most used secondary. (i fell in love with it when it first came out in the gradivus dilemma)
But i also understand that it, being mastery rank 6, is outclassed by most other pistol-shotguns.
i just want to say that the only 2 shot-pistols that are arguably better when they shouldn't be, are the kohmak and the detron.

31 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

the bronco prime has 74% reduction leaving it with 26% damage
the brakk being 60% reduction leaving it with 40%

Read the lines below that. And read what those lines actually say on the wiki. I admitted my mistake of simply reading the wiki and taking that for granted.

31 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

Oh i was just mentioning the euphona's slash status because the secondary fire is 75% slash, making it an excellent slash weapon hampered by its tiny range.
And ive found a surprising number of people hate blast because it hinders them from getting headshots, i think that (and the nerf to slash) was why DE went back to the drawing board with the damage 2.5 stuff because they where planning on having impact stack up to a knockdown/ragdoll.

All in all id love any buff that comes the brakk's way, lets face it its my most used secondary. (i fell in love with it when it first came out in the gradivus dilemma)
But i also understand that it, being mastery rank 6, is outclassed by most other pistol-shotguns.
i just want to say that the only 2 shot-pistols that are arguably better when they shouldn't be, are the kohmak and the detron.

The reason I am saying that the others are better is because of what 100% status chance does with corrosive procs. A detron standard can kill a level 100 bombard in 1 magazine with a no riven and a mod like augur pact. The bronco prime has similar capabilities, but due to it's hitscan status, does lose out on a bit for reasons.

This test I just did was with the mara detron, but the stats in question(status and damage) are the same as the detrons for this case.

https://imgur.com/a/TtG6u

A level 100 bombard has ~ 7860 armor, you do ~3.7% damage to it with no reductions, with 1 proc you do ~4.8% on the next hit, and increase of ~30%, with 5 corrosives you do ~13.9% damage. When you do 30 procs(which goes by in only a few shots actually) you are doing 99.5% damage. That is why 100% status is so dangerous on shotguns. Slash procs work well on weapons with high base damage, corrosive works well on repeated impacts.

Edited by Deadoon

41 minutes ago, Deadoon said:

Read the lines below that. And read what those lines actually say on the wiki. I admitted my mistake of simply reading the wiki and taking that for granted.

i didnt see what it said in the pros and cons, lol. i just went off the stats pane on the right where it says (for the brakk, for instance):
Full damage up to 11.0 m
Min damage at 22.0 m
60% max reduction

41 minutes ago, Deadoon said:

The reason I am saying that the others are better is because of what 100% status chance does with corrosive procs. A detron standard can kill a level 100 bombard in 1 magazine with a no riven and a mod like augur pact. The bronco prime has similar capabilities, but due to it's hitscan status, does lose out on a bit for reasons.

This test I just did was with the mara detron, but the stats in question(status and damage) are the same as the detrons for this case.

https://imgur.com/a/TtG6u

A level 100 bombard has ~ 7860 armor, you do ~3.7% damage to it with no reductions, with 1 proc you do ~4.8% on the next hit, and increase of ~30%, with 5 corrosives you do ~13.9% damage. When you do 30 procs(which goes by in only a few shots actually) you are doing 99.5% damage. That is why 100% status is so dangerous on shotguns. Slash procs work well on weapons with high base damage, corrosive works well on repeated impacts.

true but if you are fighting bosses, who are *mostly* immune to status effects, it may be more pertinent to build for criticals