Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

850 Day login reward is unfair

(PSN)Fairfied

I have been doing some research as my 850 day login is coming up soon.  The 850 day reward is 3 rivens btw.

My question was what happens if you are already at the 90 slot riven capacity cap?  I have 89.  Turns out you will be given the rivens, but then you will be locked out of sorties until you delete the excess ones.

This is not fair.  What kind if reward is this for 850 freaken days of logging in.  I don’t want to throw away any of my hard earned, multi rolled ones that I already own.  This is a reward that I probably won’t even be able to use.

What would be fair is that in addition to the 3 rivens, they gave 3 slots which can extend the cap to 93.  Anyone who logs in 850 times should have their max cap increased to 93.

I think if your capacity is under 90 you do get slots from this login reward, which is another reason that this reward is unfair, this is part of the reward that i will miss out on, because i have supported this game financially to much!!!

Every time something tangible comes around the forums catch fire with self entitled players so DE is just going to put trash in there.

Now no one is rewarded. Problem solved.

Can't wait for my 850 login Seer Riven.

4 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

Well, looking forward to getting mine.   I like it.   And maybe ill finally get a shotgun riven.   Got a lot of rivens, just no shotguns in over a year.

You are not so lucky.Wanted to to write this here  anyway and then I saw your post...

There is no shotgun riven here and that is the biggest joke of this login reward aside from getting 3 more slots that you cant use if you already have 90.You are getting rifle,pistol and melee one.My friend got this yesterday and gave me all 3 because he doesn't bother with them(dont ask me why).

Edited by RistN

Login rewards in general are a garbage system. The player should want to play the game, not log in and leave immediately.

It's one of those little things that turn the experience into a chore: you get a checklist of things you need to do in order to be allowed to have fun.
Regretably, warframe is not a game that's above that.

Edited by Naqel

1 hour ago, Keltik0ne said:

You get the inv space with the rivens, so 93 slots.

Hope RNGeezuz is good to you

Nope.  He'll get the inventory space of only one, reaching 90.  The other 2 will go to waste and he'll have to get rid of them.

22 minutes ago, Gravitus123 said:

I mean honestly login rewards should probably just be cosmetics or boosters.Since when they are anything else a part of the community always seems angry

Rightly so.

Locking things that alter gameplay behind any gate that isn't gameplay is a practice almost as bad as P2W, and you can't even actually pay to skip the wait.

One, yes, it's poor design to lock a player out of Sorties until they delete something, especially someone who's put that much plat into those slots. Two, daily logins are a bad design as well. Players who put in lots of time when they're able aren't rewarded in the same way as someone who takes two minutes a day to log in and log out.

How hard would it be to tie the rewards to a combination of hours played and if not directly MR, then mastery points gained or something similar? That prevents people from just leaving the game running indefinitely to gain the rewards, it makes sure that players who actively enjoy the game get the rewards, and it stops players with schedules that cause them to be away at times from missing out.

You could just trade the Veiled Rivens.  Those don't go for as much as an unrolled god-tier Riven, but given you don't know what you're getting, and some of these unlock conditions are actually horrible/PoE reliant, you'll make some money and get the clutter out of your inventory.

you now what is not fair is riven drop rate in sorties is common,but in my opinion is not the real drop rate chance becouse i only get sculptures and dont say is bad luck ,most ppl in my alliance get the same every day ,and no1 talks about this,if is not common make it uncomon or rare ,dont lie to us,lol

I qualify for 850 day tribute milestone in 1 day,  but i already have the max 90 slots (i spent 600 plat on 30 riven slots), so do i get a 60 platinum refund (3 riven slots cost 60 platinum)? or a market voucher to the value of 60 plat, or just something like formas as an alternative? I hope DE have thought this through, as i am otherwise being punished for buying riven slots earlier! after playing this awesome game for over 7,000 hours & reaching day 850 tribute, a slap in the face (worth 60 plat) is really not good enough, tributes are supposed to be a reward NOT a penalty ! ! !  I expect better from you devs, please sort this issue asap, the reward is fine if you fit the conditions, but clearly you haven't fully thoght this one through :awkward:

2 minutes ago, jetpack_jack said:

I qualify for 850 day tribute milestone in 1 day,  but i already have the max 90 slots (i spent 600 plat on 30 riven slots), so do i get a 60 platinum refund (3 riven slots cost 60 platinum)? or a market voucher to the value of 60 plat, or just something like formas as an alternative? I hope DE have thought this through, as i am otherwise being punished for buying riven slots earlier! after playing this awesome game for over 7,000 hours & reaching day 850 tribute, a slap in the face (worth 60 plat) is really not good enough, tributes are supposed to be a reward NOT a penalty ! ! !  I expect better from you devs, please sort this issue asap, the reward is fine if you fit the conditions, but clearly you haven't fully thoght this one through :awkward:

Thanks for commenting bud, sounds like we are in the same boat, we have the same issue.  From my research it looks like we get nothing, apart from getting locked out of sorties and being forced to choose some rivens to get rid of.

Totally agree with extending the cap to 93 (permanent +3 riven cap if limit is extended in the future) for people who have reached the 850 day login. To reach this login reward requires a lot of effort ... only hardcore players will reach this and they deserve something decent.  I have literally taken my damn machine everywhere with me, carting my laptop all over the globe to hit this target and what do we get? A lousy syndana for the 800 day login rather than a Primed mod and now 3 lousy rivens.  Honestly DE at day 850 of logging in how many players won't have 90/90 riven slots? What will the day 900 rewards be I wonder, 3 kubrow eggs? C'mon DE, this is very disappointing, and can I see why you hide the reward until it's two weeks away!

27 minutes ago, twhitnall said:

Totally agree with extending the cap to 93 (permanent +3 riven cap if limit is extended in the future) for people who have reached the 850 day login. To reach this login reward requires a lot of effort ... only hardcore players will reach this and they deserve something decent.  I have literally taken my damn machine everywhere with me, carting my laptop all over the globe to hit this target and what do we get? A lousy syndana for the 800 day login rather than a Primed mod and now 3 lousy rivens.  Honestly DE at day 850 of logging in how many players won't have 90/90 riven slots? What will the day 900 rewards be I wonder, 3 kubrow eggs? C'mon DE, this is very disappointing, and can I see why you hide the reward until it's two weeks away!

Thanks man, and your point that most 850 dayers would already have 90 slots (because they’re hardcore players) is a very good one, i forgot to add that in, glad you did

You knew the cap ahead of time, it's your fault if you choose to hoard every riven you get so it becomes an issue. An issue that was completely avoidable if you weren't being childish about this. 

Suck it up and sell 3 you don't need, and I can guarantee you that you have 3 you never touch. Or save yourself the time and sell the 3 you got as unveiled rivens. You have two very amicable solutions and you're complaining because you want to be stubborn. You can disagree with the riven cap if you so wish, but don't put up the facade like you were unaware this exact thing would happen.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You knew the cap ahead of time, it's your fault if you choose to hoard every riven you get so it becomes an issue. An issue that was completely avoidable if you weren't being childish about this. 

Suck it up and sell 3 you don't need, and I can guarantee you that you have 3 you never touch. Or save yourself the time and sell the 3 you got as unveiled rivens. You have two very amicable solutions and you're complaining because you want to be stubborn. You can disagree with the riven cap if you so wish, but don't put up the facade like you were unaware this exact thing would happen.

You don't understand the previous posts.   It's not about the 90 cap, it's about the 3 free riven slots (worth 60 plat) that come with the day 850 riven reward.  This reward was revealed about only 2 weeks before day 850 could be reached, nobody knew what the reward was going to be.  Several people have long ago bought the 90 riven slots by then to keep the Rivens they have been getting from sorties. Two short weeks is hardly "ahead of time" considering rivens have been around for a long time (1 year 5 months), not too hard to have gotten 90 by now.

People who haven't bought 90 slots yet get to have 3 free slots when they reach day 850.  Now that it is known what the day 850 reward is, newer players will just buy up to 87 slots, knowing the last 3 slots will be free (basically getting 60 plat that those slots cost for free).
People who have already bought the 90 slots, they don't get these free slots. That last 60 plat is on them.  This is the point jetpack_jack and (PS4)Fairfied are trying to make.

1 hour ago, MystMan said:

You don't understand the previous posts.   It's not about the 90 cap, it's about the 3 free riven slots (worth 60 plat) that come with the day 850 riven reward.  This reward was revealed about only 2 weeks before day 850 could be reached, nobody knew what the reward was going to be.  Several people have long ago bought the 90 riven slots by then to keep the Rivens they have been getting from sorties. Two short weeks is hardly "ahead of time" considering rivens have been around for a long time (1 year 5 months), not too hard to have gotten 90 by now.

People who haven't bought 90 slots yet get to have 3 free slots when they reach day 850.  Now that it is known what the day 850 reward is, newer players will just buy up to 87 slots, knowing the last 3 slots will be free (basically getting 60 plat that those slots cost for free).
People who have already bought the 90 slots, they don't get these free slots. That last 60 plat is on them.  This is the point jetpack_jack and (PS4)Fairfied are trying to make.

So it's even more petty. The free slots are a byproduct of the reward, not necessarily the reward itself. If you already have 90 then you still get the reward just lack receiving 3 slots BECAUSE you have all you can have. No issue imo.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:35 AM, Crewman82 said:

you now what is not fair is riven drop rate in sorties is common,but in my opinion is not the real drop rate chance becouse i only get sculptures and dont say is bad luck ,most ppl in my alliance get the same every day ,and no1 talks about this,if is not common make it uncomon or rare ,dont lie to us,lol

You are absolutely right, we’ve noticed the same thing