Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously, Give Everyone All Three Mods For This Event

pluswhynot

Seriously, the event still had 4 days left. I had to quit last night at 99 points because I could not keep my eyes open any longer.  The list of players stuck at 99 points is huge, so I'm not the only one getting screwed because it ended early.

It was fully possible and did not take 10+ hours. I got together with some buddies, did a few alerts, and we shared keys. 4 points per run. We didnt even start until the reward we shown and i had 130 points by yesterday.

Until the rewards were shown? You mean 12 hours after the event started? 

I started before that, got 5 points from doing a few runs with buddies, but then people had to go. Spent the next few days farming keys solo to use with them when we could get together again to finish the event. Unfortunately, that was going to be in about two hours.

Formorians made sense to end early. We were destroying specific targets. No more targets, no more destruction. I still feel bad for those people but at least it was intuitive. This was information we were piecing together. I can and do capture corpus all the time regardless of how much information we have.

Seriously DE. What the hell? You give us a timer that is effectively "fake", you make the event have a limited number of captures, a number far lower than you have players wanting to participate, then to make it worse you encourage the top clans and players to do much, much more than their share, taking completion from others, in order to earn statues. Are you intentionally excluding people? I can't come to any other conclusion when you limit resources and then encourage people to hoard them.

Disclaimer:  I don't even want the mods given to me. All I want is them to add another 4 days to get the stupid points. I can and will get the points if given the chance, and I'm sure plenty of other people will as well.

PS: I had 5 points since the first few hours of the event, and I didn't even get the first mod, just the badge. DE's queries don't seem to be able to count.

Edited by Zamte

I really wonder. I contributed to the event quite a lot even without a reward and you decided to stop because of no reward? Seems like its your own fault. I only have 69 points due to not being able to play this game non-stop but I participated whenever I could.

It's pretty much your own fault for not wanting to participate at all when there is no reward.

EDIT: Wait... wasn't this a weekend event? I'm pretty sure someone said that to me.. If the event had a timer included of 5 days and it ended prematurely due to it finishing then I have to agree that is a bad move from DE.

Edited by R3leaZ

I don't necessarily agree that everyone should get the mod rewards because it was cut short. That would just cause the people who spent the weekend earning the mods feel cheated, like those who couldn't feel now. That's not really going to fix anything.

I do think that people who were locked out of participating or earning the mods due to the event ending early should get some token of appreciation though. DE making a sign that showed they had learned and were correcting their behaviour going forward is the best thing they can do at the moment to make up for their miscalculation.

All three mods will likely be obtainable through Nightmare mode soon enough.

However, DE "will likely" need to get their act together so they actually say what they mean, and mean what they say.

How many events does it take for DE to not mess something up?

Edited by Fiia

For the record the timer still had 3+days? It said 4 when i went to bed last night. Our guild farmed till 50 points, intending to do the other tonight after we farmed enough void keys. Keys ready, all alerts done, Just needed to knock out 10-15 runs tonight. Event ended early

Why ended Event? After all, it was clearly written that last for 6 days.
If this is the end of the event that I did not like it for reasons:

- Event lasted almost 3 days instead of 6 as promised. (respectively, to the people that made ​​a schedule that is possible and not spend so much time playing).
- Information about the awards on the forum mods appeared only in the last day. (from the first point, all players are excluded from the award.)

Question: Why then was to write that event will last six days?

I guess this event helped push that "What's in it for me?" attitude out of your head, huh?

Yet some of didn't have that mind set.

Some of us don't have immense free time like the out of work mooching off state aid or high school student living with mom  does.

Some of us work. Some of us have family engagements we can't just bail on for a video game.

Yet we still try our hardest and get stuck at 99 points regardless.

- Information about the awards on the forum mods appeared only in the last day. (from the first point, all players are excluded from the award.)

thats exactly my main-problem.

i have seen the event, "oh holo badge, lets do some"

i have played a few for fun, whenever i have seen some alerts.

now i looked in, "mod rewards? thats new"

so, i only got the first one.

they should really make the mods obtainable in nightmare, just to be fair

- Event lasted almost 3 days instead of 6 as promised. (respectively, to the people that made ​​a schedule that is possible and not spend so much time playing).

it was said that we had 6 days before we would fail, never that it would last the entire 6 days regardless of result, we got 100% on all 3 phases ealier, meaning the operation is done, so why would it continue.

Yeah, they messed up with that. Big time. I know their intention was to make the event seem tense with the time limit. I assume they used past participation to calculate the amount of time it would take to reach the new goal and their math said 6 days. That would have made the final stages tense as people rushed to finish. With the event ending half way through though it just feels like a lame duck.

If your math is good enough to predict participation down to the day it can be a boon, but if you're off then the entire thing loses all of it's punch. Allowing it to run on and allow people to participate after completion would have been a better choice all round really.