Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't reload

tucker_d_dawg

Seems once or twice every public mission I'm not host, I get a bug where I can't reload & if I run my weapon empty, it will not reload automatically.  Switching weapons doesn't fix it, only going to tenno and back allows me to reload again.

Only seems to happen on PC -not XB.

• 3 months later...

I'm also still getting this.  I thought it was just the Pyrana Prime bugging out with it's Phantom double, but it happened while using Hystrix as well.  And it's not limited to Secondaries either.  I hate this bug and swapping weapons/fixing it is only temporary and can happen repeatedly during the same mission.  I hope this is being looked at.

Edit: It definitely has something to do with Status procs, I was doing the Tactical Alert: Proxy Rebellion today and it seems the Magnetic procs from one of the Hyenas would prevent me from reloading my Telos Boltor or any weapon for that matter until I switched/Transferenced/dodgerolled.  I also have the Magnetic Arcane (which didn't seem to effect the Hyena's ability to proc me with it) so maybe there's something in there that's goofing things up.

Edited by XiahouXu

Don't know what thread best to add my report to, so I'll just add it here.

I get it pretty much exclusively in one situation. Hope this description helps.

I think it only happens to me during Eidolon fights.

frame: Trinity Prime with 'standard' mods, always with 2 Arcane Nullifiers equipped.

weapon: Rubico with any mods (including riven)

active focus school: Madurai (with all Way Bound skills unlocked)

I think it mostly happens if I interrupted a previous reload by doing transference.

It always gets fixed by either equiping another weapon (melee/secondary) or quick-meleeing.

54 minutes ago, W37-Razzmatazz said:

Don't know what thread best to add my report to, so I'll just add it here.

I get it pretty much exclusively in one situation. Hope this description helps.

I think it only happens to me during Eidolon fights.

frame: Trinity Prime with 'standard' mods, always with 2 Arcane Nullifiers equipped.

weapon: Rubico with any mods (including riven)

active focus school: Madurai (with all Way Bound skills unlocked)

I think it mostly happens if I interrupted a previous reload by doing transference.

It always gets fixed by either equiping another weapon (melee/secondary) or quick-meleeing.

Once again, according to this person, it's all because of the resistance-arcanes proccing.

On 2018-08-11 at 7:31 PM, Quarterdane said:

Once again, according to this person, it's all because of the resistance-arcanes proccing.

It certainly seems to be caused by that, yes. But since these is no fix yet, I just wanted to add more information (:it only happens if the current weapon is still at 0 ammo). I'm sure they haven't programmed in somewhere "If arcane proc-resistance is triggered, stop reload from happening" - which means they have to search for the cause of the bug. I've been a software developer for 17 years now, and I know how weird these things can be sometimes. The best way to report a bug is by adding all the information you can think of that is even remotely relevant, it might all help the developer finding the source of the bug.

Now if the source of the bug is already known, it's a different story of course, and my post was completely pointless. 😉 But since your link did not say anything about that except that the bug was previously reported somewhere else.

28 minutes ago, W37-Razzmatazz said:

I'm sure they haven't programmed in somewhere "If arcane proc-resistance is triggered, stop reload from happening" - which means they have to search for the cause of the bug.

Based on what appears to be happening, it does a quick block animation - similar to knockdown resistance procs - but fails to put away the melee and take out the weapon proper.

21 minutes ago, W37-Razzmatazz said:

it only happens if the current weapon is still at 0 ammo

For me, ammo level does not appear to make a difference in whether it prevents reloading or not - if magazine ammo reaches zero, I think it switches to another weapon (just like it does when your total ammo reaches zero). Since this clears away the bugged melee weapon from your hands, you should then be able to switch back and reload normally (if you have any left in reserve).

16 minutes ago, W37-Razzmatazz said:

Now if the source of the bug is already known, it's a different story of course, and my post was completely pointless. 😉 But since your link did not say anything about that except that the bug was previously reported somewhere else.

He does mention having tested the issue, presumably to the point of verifying that resistance-arcane-procs are the culprit.

I also have lots of problems reloading manually or when ammo clip reaches zero. Seems to happen when my warframe auto blocks something and melee gets stuck in block animation. I have no auto block mods on, not sure why it happens. When I can't reload I have to change weapons then change back then reload. Super annoying at high levels because those few precious seconds usually determine the difference between life and death lol. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)MOGREASE said:

Seems to happen when my warframe auto blocks something and melee gets stuck in block animation. I have no auto block mods on, not sure why it happens.

I'm guessing you have one or more arcanes of the "chance to resist status proc" type installed?