Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan recruitment in the forum section is a mess.

---RV---Maniac

The recruiting section for clans/alliances/squads is not good enough for multiple reasons:

It's confusing and hard to find. If you go to the home page, go to trading & recruitment. You see 3 options.

• Clans which is now called clubs if you actually click on it (wrongly named) and doesn't host just clans anymore but alliances and any kind of group you wana create in there(has a alot of issues in itself, will explore ahead). 
  •  PC Trading post which has 2 subforums called ghost clans ( this is the one that actually does what is suposed to do) and Find Squads and Alliances (this is again wrongly named) - it has all tiers of clans in it from shadow to moon, which is not clearly expressed and it's bundled, as the name says, with normal squads and alliances.

This is a mess, I made a forum post regarding this change and it was said that the "club" function would solve some of the issues. Even though clubs is a good adition for the community of the clans, both sections have the same issues: Too many clans, alliances and groups in 1 place making it a mess, the clans with highest members get on top and giving them an unfair advantage. Did having multiple subforums in an organized way cost too much resources? The excuse given to joint all of the subforums from each clan and alliance tier was the lack of activity but as it stands I prefer a quiet and organized multiple subforum sections than this bundled mess.

• Xbox One & PS4: Trading Post suffers from the same as the PC Trading post,

Other issues

• Its promoting thread bumping, that will allow you to keep your clan higher on the list of both clubs and recruitment clans
  • Smaller clans have no way to show up in the recruitment thread and even less chance in the clubs section.
  • Club section was a great ideia but feels really unfinished and its becoming worse than recruiting section is in terms of a mess. Anyone can make any kind of group in there and with no proper sorting features.

Some suggestions 

More tags and ways to split up the club section, such as having tags on each club for diferent clan tier, alliance or if your a club which is not an alliance or just 1 clan. Allowing players to pick and choose what they wana see. We need more ways to separate diferent clubs otherwise clubs with more members or those that do constant activity bumps will stay on top always.

Bring back the subforums for recruiting as they were before, or atleast have a better separation between tiers

Alot of clans now have requirements like voice chat and mastery rank, adding tags for those could be worth trying. People could seach for clans with voice comms using the tags. 

As it stands, the clan tier tags mean nothing, except they show up if you see your thread, which wont be the case for most because it will be buried under other clan posts. Have the tags actually pop up if some searches a specific clan tier. EX: someone types storm clan in the search bar and only storm tier clan recruitment posts or club forums pop up (this wouldnt even be necessary if you add a subforum again for each tier)

Add more fuctions to clubs, such has allowing certain threads to be public for everyone to see, this would allow players not in the clan seeing bits of information about a possible clan/alliance they might be interested in. Allow us to make threads in our clubs to be public or private depending on our will. That way we can make public threads as advertisiment for our clan/alliance with info for people looking to join and have private threads for clan members only (info, events, etc).

Add the proper names for each subforum section, like Find Squads, Clans (shadow to moon) and Alliances instead of Find Squads and Alliances. Im suprised people still go there for clan recruiting (I think they just click until finding the right option). It has been left like this for weeks, which seems a bit embarassing.

The recruitment forums are just not used enough to justify having more (which is why we looked for alternatives in the first place). 

You can change how the Clans are sorted and you can filter to look for specific types:
Clan Searching.PNG

Listing by 'Most Members' by default is not perfect, but it's currently the best option. All other options cause bigger problems. Even if we added a 'Random' sort option, it still would be messy.  We're fairly limited by the software we're using. 

5 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

The recruitment forums are just not used enough to justify having more (which is why we looked for alternatives in the first place). 

You can change how the Clans are sorted and you can filter to look for specific types:
Clan Searching.PNG

Listing by 'Most Members' by default is not perfect, but it's currently the best option. All other options cause bigger problems. Even if we added a 'Random' sort option, it still would be messy.  We're fairly limited by the software we're using. 

Hey Drew, will there ever be a search option in the clan section? I'm curious because there is a lot of clans and I don't have that much time to search through every page to look for my clan that I'm in. Thanks :)

33 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Hey Drew, will there ever be a search option in the clan section? I'm curious because there is a lot of clans and I don't have that much time to search through every page to look for my clan that I'm in. Thanks :)

You should see the clans you are in on the right sidebar of the forums - no searching required at all. I'll make sure this feature is working correctly for everyone. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

You should see the clans you are in on the right sidebar of the forums - no searching required at all. I'll make sure this feature is working correctly for everyone. 

Sorry, kind of worded it bad. What I meant is that I haven’t joined my in-game clan yet where there isn’t a search button, and I would love to see an search button. Thank you :D

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

2 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Clan Searching.PNG

Didn't even notice there was a filter option, cause the filter and sort by option are close by, I didn't even notice there was a diference. But that improves things

The subforum names are still misleading, for example; in order to acess shadow tier or higher clans recruiting pages, you gota click Find Squads and Alliances! which doesn`t make sense to me.