Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker spams invisibility

caustickiwi

Every time I've fought the stalker, he's gone invisible immediately and stayed that way the whole fight. I can jump around and avoid him indefinitely but all I ever see of him are the smoke clouds when he recasts it. I've seen videos of other stalker fights and I know this is not how his AI is supposed to work. I saw another thread about this issue but I haven't seen a response from DE. Please tell me this is a know issue with a fix in the works. I would like to actually fight him before I complete the second dream.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump. 

I had a dry spell but finally got the stalker to spawn again, same issue. I managed to kill him this time, but Only by whacking him well he was invisible. He's spawned on other members of my cell with the correct AI, so maybe the stalker's bugged but the shadow stalker is not?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Today I got Stalker while doing a Corpus capture alert on Europa, just after I'd nabbed the capture target. Same broken behaviour as described in this and other threads - he remained permanently invisible which meant I couldn't do jack to him. So I decided, screw it, I don't care and continued on - he didn't use his teleport to pull me back to him, so I was able to get to the end of the mission.

But before I exited I decided to go back and see if maybe his AI had decided to fix itself. After backtracking half the mission, I came across a very visible Stalker, crouch-walking towards... I don't know what. Not only was he visible and moving like a spaz, he also didn't give a s*t about me being right next to him, nor did he attempt to escape, cloak or attack when I unloaded my Hek into the back of his skull. tl;dr I now have a Dread blueprint.

Which is nice, but I'd really like to fight Stalker on proper terms, to pay him back for all the times he jumped me when I was MR1. I can definitely confirm that he behaved as expected before Update 22, so DE, do some bisecting of commit history, y'hear?