Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flickering black screen in the PoE

(XBOX)oaty goodness

In the Plains of Eidolon usually around water/ponds the screen will start rapidly flickering black. It only seems to happen near some of the ponds when your looking in a certain narrow cone of view. It's been an issue for me and a few others for a while so I assume you are aware if the problem. We were hoping you could try to find the solution as it can start to hurt the eyes quicky.

• 3 weeks later...

I did some testing & was about to make a report, but I found your post.

So what I noticed is when you have all three of these active,

Adaptive Exposure
Glare
Ambient Occlusion  my screen would have a black flicker, So  I left my camera where it was & did some testing & it stopped, while I only had Adaptive Exposure & Glare turned on.

I tried using only 2 of the three & swapping them around to see if it still flickered & it stopped flickering for me.

Oh & my bloom is still turned on through out testing.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed this increasing massively since Plague Star (and the new update) dropped. 

I was in the caves near the Geyser pool last night and actually ended up with a splitting headache because of it.  The flickering was so bad that in some instances the screen blacked out for nearly a full second and it is pretty much impossible to navigate anywhere in that cave system by strobe light so my squad and I just bailed.  Another thing to mention is that all members of the squad suffered the same issues at the same time so it's not isolated to me and which could possibly be fixed by powercycling my XBox (which I've tried).

Also noticed this seems to happen a lot on the left hand side of the large lake in PoE as well.

On 2018-05-15 at 1:23 AM, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Tried the other options and had some fast flickering until I turned off Adaptive Exposure.

No more flicker even with the others back on.

Case closed

Tried this and it's fixed (for now...) thanks very much.  Only problem is now everything is either very dark or too bright, but still better than the nausea inducing strobe!!!