Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Massive Performance drop.

Ekshore

My computer puts out 180 fps steadly even when things are getting caotic in game. But after I have been playing for an hour or so (time varies) I experiance a massive frame rate drop down to 60 fps or below. I don't get my performance back when I'm on my ship the most that I will have once this bug happens is 70 fps and that is on my ship. The only thing that I can do to get my performance back is restart the game. 

My compupters stats.

i7 - 7700k, GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB Corsiar Vengance DDR4 Ram.

Join the club, lol. I am getting choppy sub 60fps in most missions where before i was getting 80+ smooth all the time. I have a Ryzen 1800X and RX 480 though. Thing is i always seem to get my fps cap (120) on the ship and it's just Grineer missions that affect my FPS the worst.. wierd

same thing for the first time ever. I run a GTX 1080 and for the first time I hit bottom rock in FPS. from 100+ on open world (300+ on regular maps) to 35-45 on open world? We are waiting to fix it. We trust you will do it but this is even more annoying during an event.

Edited by Cotoi

So after the complete reinstall I booted up the game. Had my 180 fps on my ship by the time I had finished 15 waves of a defense mission I was down to about 70 frames with only getting 90 on my ship. I had MSI afterburner open while I was playing to monitor my GPU it peaked at 72 C and the card did not run at constant load. (here is a screenshot of my GPU usage recorded by MSI afterburner.) as you can tell from the graph the GPU is not under constant load during the mission dipping down to even 50% all with out seeing a frame rate increase. And even now as I am writeing this my GPU is idleing and I'm on my ship and bearly getting 60 frames.

Edited by CodeNameFireBird

On 12.04.2018 at 6:36 AM, CodeNameFireBird said:

So after the complete reinstall I booted up the game. Had my 180 fps on my ship by the time I had finished 15 waves of a defense mission I was down to about 70 frames with only getting 90 on my ship. I had MSI afterburner open while I was playing to monitor my GPU it peaked at 72 C and the card did not run at constant load. (here is a screenshot of my GPU usage recorded by MSI afterburner.) as you can tell from the graph the GPU is not under constant load during the mission dipping down to even 50% all with out seeing a frame rate increase. And even now as I am writeing this my GPU is idleing and I'm on my ship and bearly getting 60 frames.

I thought as much.

It is some fundemental flaw in the game code. Or something related to windows, or both.

It has been this way for a long time. Didn't think a reinstall would fix anything(which I did like a month ago anyways).

Edited by White_Matter

friend of mine has the GTX 1080 and his game freeze's randomlty. well his screen does but sound plays on. he cant move or type. but he can hear everything.
it happens after maybe 18 waves helene. we just got his drivers updated.

I'll keep you posted if we find something. (also trying to run the game on mid now to see if it atleast fixes his problem)

okey what worked was switching the Nvidia physx off, that is what fixed his game. lets hope DE finishes theres fast xD

he is playing again on all high settings, with just the physx off 

we're going to hard whipe his drivers and install them again in the weekend. maybe. 

P.S. he has i7 7700K 4.20GHz, GTX 1080 8GB, 16 GB 15MHz RAM (15-17-17-35)

hope it helps Tenno

-CC out

I also have this problem.  I usually get framerate locked to 60fps, (disabling limiting usually yields anywhere from 80-200ish FPS) but after a few missions, it starts throttling down to low 40s.  No fiddling with settings has alleviated the problem thus far.  It persists even on lowest settings.  CPU utilisation clocks in at around 15%, and GPU rarely goes above idle temperatures.

Specs:  AMD Ryzen 1600x @ 3.6ghz, MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X @ factory overclock, 32gb DDR4 RAM @ stock clockspeed

5 hours ago, Voidhymn said:

I also have this problem.  I usually get framerate locked to 60fps, (disabling limiting usually yields anywhere from 80-200ish FPS) but after a few missions, it starts throttling down to low 40s.  No fiddling with settings has alleviated the problem thus far.  It persists even on lowest settings.  CPU utilisation clocks in at around 15%, and GPU rarely goes above idle temperatures.

Specs:  AMD Ryzen 1600x @ 3.6ghz, MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X @ factory overclock, 32gb DDR4 RAM @ stock clockspeed

Try and play with the Nvidia physx set to off.

its odd that i get 60fps during 4 ppl party when cpu and gpu doing nothing my GPU still runs in Silent mode that is Fans Turnd off and CPU does not leave 40C 

in ship the GPU usage is way higher like 60-70% but allso gives about 400+ fps

Ryzen 1700 OC 3.8ghz
GTX 1080 TI 
16gb ddr4 3200hz at 14cl

WTF.png

Edited by -Legendzzz

On 20.04.2018 at 7:22 PM, -Legendzzz said:

its odd that i get 60fps during 4 ppl party when cpu and gpu doing nothing my GPU still runs in Silent mode that is Fans Turnd off and CPU does not leave 40C 

in ship the GPU usage is way higher like 60-70% but allso gives about 400+ fps

Ryzen 1700 OC 3.8ghz
GTX 1080 TI 
16gb ddr4 3200hz at 14cl

WTF.png

Thats because in the multiplayer mode your CPU is bottlenecking, and your GPU isn't doing anything because the CPU can't provide enough frames for it to render. 

In the orbiter CPU does nothing and all the weight is on GPU's shoulders, thus you are getting 400+ fps and higher temps.

I dont know if you see picture above CPU is bearly 22% usely even less i would think thats not bottlenecking as you can even see CPU is declocking it self couse its bearly doing anything its clocked to 3.8 but running at 3.6 its not getting pushed CPU thats pushing hard loads should have the atleast the 4 cores its using above 80% not less then 50%

Like here took simular screen in Battlefield 1 GPU seams to be Bottlenecking 

battlefield.jpg

Edited by -Legendzzz

OKI this is intressting just Run Warframe on my laptop i have MSI GS73VR it has I7 7700HQ that i have disabled turbo on so it runs at 2.8ghz insted of 3.8 ghz Here is how i did it.

Did fissure with same 3 friends same friends and same mission on both pcs Ressolution i lowerd both to 1080p

Mission Void Exterminate

Ryzen = Avarage Frame Rate 93 FPS               (Ryzen Runs at 3.8Ghz, memory at 3200 CL14-13-13-13 - 1T GTX 1080TI)
Laptop = Avarage Frame Rate 121 FPS            (Intel 7700hq at 2.8Ghz memory at 2400 CL17-17-17-39 - 2T GTX 1070)

Like you See here Optimization for Ryzen SUCKS in Warframe there is no WAY an Intel Mobile CPU can beat Ryzen in ANY REGARD but in WARFRAME it DOES at 1GHZ less even mind you. I even had like 60 tabs running in background open on laptop and torrenting stuff maby worth mentioning. Ryzen clean restart nothing running. Allso noticed when u look at let say pillar or wall and moving sideways there is this stutter like you are running at 20fps even tho it say about 90fps this does not appear on laptop.

Here is the picture of the systems.

optimaze.png

Edited by -Legendzzz

I'm also having massive frame drops on AMD CPU also

GPU: EVGA geforce gtx 960 SSC.
CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 Ghz
MotherBoard: ASRock 970 Extreme3
Memory: 16.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
HeadSet: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma

my CPU and GPU don't go above 30% usage in task manager while playing but GPU goes to 40% used in my ship.

On 21.04.2018 at 7:59 PM, -Legendzzz said:

I dont know if you see picture above CPU is bearly 22% usely even less i would think thats not bottlenecking as you can even see CPU is declocking it self couse its bearly doing anything its clocked to 3.8 but running at 3.6 its not getting pushed CPU thats pushing hard loads should have the atleast the 4 cores its using above 80% not less then 50%

Like here took simular screen in Battlefield 1 GPU seams to be Bottlenecking 

battlefield.jpg

The cpu sits at 22% because warframe utilizes 1 core and 2 threads. If you look at those said threads they hit 90-100% while the rest of them sit at 1-30% because it isn't well optimized for multi cores and threads.

Completely different case for BF1.

As for the ryzen vs 7700HQ I don't know what to say really. It might have something to do with ram timings or just bad ryzen optimization.

I found solution and FPS is back to normal you wont even belive what the problem was.... fps.jpg

Solution is DOWNLOAD standalone Warframe something is wrong with STEAM one.  Enjoy the FPS back smooth as silk ;). 

Edited by -Legendzzz